When you call, mention priority code 16KH-SB4V
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: DiMarzio Evolution 7

Get the same power, presence, and attack as a 6-string pickup with this 7-string version. It delivers warm upper mids and treble with clear lows.

"No more mush" submitted November 2, 2003

Music Style: Alternative Metal
Sound: Prior to installing this, I was constantly having to add extra presence from my pre amp and power amp. The sound of the evo 7 has definition while still managing to stay warm. I use it in the bridge of an RG7620 with a low A string. Chords involving all seven strings(even the really close voicings) come through with clarity ang mix really well with other instruments. Feature: The 4 coil wiring makes this really flexible. I use it on a 5 way switch with another humbucker with coil splitting. There are tones similar to strats and tele's which make my tone choices extremely versatile. Quality: It's a magnet, it's black and the pole pieces are shiny. Value: I think that this pick-up is a good alternative to an EMG 7 string pick-up. No routing required.I don't know if Seymour Duncan makes a similar pick-up. Manufacturer Support: The website was really helpful about wiring diagrams etc. I haven't had a problem yet. The Wow Factor: It's very goth, but really it was a practical purchase to utilize all of the strings on my guitar without having to use different amp settings for each part of the neck. Overall: I would buy this again if I had to, but I'm always curious about new developments. Basically I bought this because of Steve Vai. It doesn't make me sound like Vai, and thats why I like it so much. I still sound like me, my pronounciation is just better.

"Evolution = Amazing." submitted July 1, 2011

By a customer from hotmai.com
Musical Background: pro musician
Music Style: industrial, metal, drum n bass, dubstep
Sound: This pickup has been installed into my RG7321 and makes a world of difference. No, it doesn't make your guitar instantly a $2000 guitar, but it does make everything even, clear and louder. A great pickup to shape your own guitar tone with. Feature: It's a pickup. Comes with a box. Ease of Use: It's a pickup. You install it and play. Pretty cut and dry. Quality: They are known for making great pickups. That will never change. Value: Worth $70 easily. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: If you want a non-EMG for your 7-String, Dimarzio til death. They make a great selection of pickups for the sound you want. Evolution 7 though is for me, balls out amazing. Overall: I'm going to get the same put in the neck pickup slot. It's a no brainer.

"No better pickup." submitted February 28, 2005

Musical Background: Active Metal Mucian 7-years
Music Style: Metal and classical 7-year experience
Sound: i had just regular stock bridge pickups and i got so much feedback i couldnt take it so i swapped it with a evolution 7 and my guitar from the second it came on, growled low tone and the highs sometimes get so high it feels like i am on a diffrent part of the neck. This pick-up is going in my custom flying-v. Quality: had it for a year and not a problem yet Value: wont get anything else. i have played many 7-strings and this makes it complete. The Wow Factor: doesnt look cheap and has more "expensive" look over cheap plastic pickups. Overall: This thing F**ken rocks!!!

"For the Metal Gods Jammin' on the Sevens!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted December 6, 2003

By a customer from adelphia.net
Overall
Music Style: Metal(all types)
Sound: Plenty of bite with a lot of hamonic tones. Great competition for the active EMG's. Feature: Tell ya what, jam on one with the distortion cranked and you'll feel like a metal god. They're that good, trust me. Quality: Four conductor wiring, they really kick it up a notch. Drop out those stock Blaze II's and add some scream to your axe. Value: The money's worth it, but during a recession it's tough to justify spending money on a pickup. Manufacturer Support: Didn't need any The Wow Factor: Fries your brain with powerful reproduction of the low B, or low A, or like me, Low G. Overall: Great sound and variablility.

When you call, mention priority code 16KH-SB4V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976