When you call, mention priority code 1586-FGGZ

Rating and Reviews: DiMarzio Area '58 Pickup

Expand your tone with this '50s single-coil pickup, designed to sound like a vintage Strat pickup. It can be used in the neck, middle, or bridge position.

"Dimarzio Area '58 single coil pickups" submitted November 30, 2012

By Paul A in McKinney, TX
Overall
Musical Background: decades, retired from live gigs
Music Style: heavy fusion
Overall: I wasn't sure these would do the deal on my Strats. I had one kit with pretty noisy pickups and another Strat that has great pickups but the dual rails I have a re too powerful for the neck. Easy install on the pickguard mount, had to mod the pickup to have it fit on my wood mount small cut Strat. Made for a pickguard mount no doubt. I cut the overhang flange off the side and it fit in the Strat's carved pickup hole. I was afraid it was not going to fit and I was scared to cut on it, but worked out fine. Incredibly quiet pickups, as quiet as a full on HB. Once I adjusted my EQ's a real pleasing balanced sound, as good as good gets. Sounds great clean or gained up and you can move them close to the strings with very little string pull effect. Dig these pickups, my new standard single coil for the neck. I was impressed even using rather uber gain pedals or amp gain the pickups were articulate and great sounding no matter clean to dirt. Some great Trower thick DejaVibe tones I rendered as well.

"Sweet, edgy, bright, all kinds of sounds in these!" submitted October 22, 2007

Music Style: Christian,blues, rock, country, folk
Sound: Well these are replacing my stock mexican pickups, which were muddy, and very noisy. I previously bought thhe fender vintage noiseless pickups, partly because of the whole fender name, and NOISELESS part. They are noiseless, but seemed to lack character, at least for me. They did have lush harmonics on the bridge/middle selector, which i loved, and if i ever bought i twelve string strat id put the fenders in it. But heres where the fenders fell short, distortion, even really low distortion, bad monkey overdrive to be exact, so not much at all. They lacked everything from character to just plain sound quality. So i bought these area 58's and a 61 for the bridge, and couldnt be happier with them. Clear like a single coil should be, dead quiet, even with higher amounts of gain. You can get praticlly any sound out of these just by adjusting the hieght!! i have the 61 set close to the strings, seeing i mainly use it for distortion. They rock!! very edgy, just what i was looking for, i almost like it more then my gibson 57 classic pickup!! that tells ya something! the 58s are also very good in the neck and middle, and could be placed in the bridge despite what others might say, you can compansate for output by adjusting the pickup hieght. Feature: its a pickup, you can get all kinds of neat colors if you please. Ease of Use: I installed them in one hour, and this was the first pair of pickups i ever installed, so i think anyone with a soldering gun could handle this. Quality: id say top notch, the wire was pretty thin, idk if thats good or bad... Value: its a good deal if it what your looking for... Manufacturer Support: hopefully never have to deal with them The Wow Factor: i must say they do look pretty good in my sage green fender, with the creme covers, i want to get a pearloid pickguard to complement it all. Overall: Overall great pickups, im still tweaking the sound to how i want it, and i didnt give it straight tens cause theres always something better, and nothing is perfect! Hope this help you all out!!! God bless, Brandon
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Holy Grail of Pickups! Your Search is OVER!" submitted February 26, 2008

Musical Background: 25 years as a guitarist
Music Style: Rock, as far as classic to Metal. Some blues and jazz.
Sound: Just today, I got Dimarzio Area 58 pickups put into my Highway One strat and I am totally blown away! Just like the reviewer before me, I replaced the vintage noiseless and for the exact same reason. These babies have got tone to the bone and handle distortion like a champ. Now I can play all varieties with fuzz and the clean tones are truly like a vintage stratocaster. My head is spinning. For a true strat sound and overdrive without sacrificing tone, the Dimarzio Area 58's are the Holy Grail. Feature: They are the best pickups I'll ever own. Ease of Use: Clean, I get all 5 colors from my strat. Same with distortion. It's hard to find a good single-coil pickup that will be quiet and not hum when overdriven. My search for the perfect pickups is OVER! Quality: They fit like a glove into my strat. Value: The cost is not an issue, I am so happy with these, they are worth every penny! I also got them from Zzounds in less than 24 hours with Next-Day Air. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with support and probably never will have the need. The Wow Factor: The vintage noiseless didn't match my pick-guard. My guitar looks so much better now. Overall: I'll never want another pickup set for this guitar. I'm going to mix these into my MOM strat as well, which has a Seymour Duncan Hotrails in the bridge position. BUY THESE PICKUPS!!!!!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1586-FGGZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976