When you call, mention priority code 172T-FPH8

Rating and Reviews: DigiTech RP500 Pedal

The DigiTech RP500 offers lots of power and control. With two switchable modes, the DigiTech RP500 is ideal for stompbox loyalists as well as multi-FX users.

"Makes playing Top 40 Bearable... " submitted December 19, 2013

By Daniel P in Cottleville, MO
Musical Background: 50 Years
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock
Sound: You have the option of 200 different sounds. Easy to set up to get that sound perfect.. Feature: I had an older model, liked it so much I bought this new one... Ease of Use: Does take some time to go through and set up. Once you have it done you can set up your entire set list. Quality: Solid Value: Seems bit costly, but it is worth the money.. Manufacturer Support: Never used, but I am sure the large company will stand by their product... The Wow Factor: Once you set up the processor you identify each track and just play though... Overall: Great Processor, easy to use and to use "Unit to Computer" interface...

"Great sound for the studio. Not impressed when playing live." submitted November 3, 2008

Music Style: Rock,
Sound: The sound is a bit digital on some of the effects, mainly the heavy distortion. The 65 deluxe reverb and twin reverb amps on the board do sound very convincing. I played this board out a few times direct through the PA. It sounded alright, but not as good as an actual amp with a few stand alone pedals. I will use this in the home studio, which is its highlight, but not out to a gig again. Feature: TOO many features, read the manual so you can edit your own preferences. It sounds great recorded direct into a computer. Ease of Use: Pretty staight forward after learning how to use it. Quality: It seems very tough Value: If you dont want to buy amps and pedals to get a sound, which may cost thousands, this is the next best thing. The Wow Factor: I think it is great. I would buy it again

"Killer unit and it has a tuner!" submitted July 27, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Active Musician. Guitar Teacher.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Electronic, Gothic, Classic.
Sound: I have the Pod Pro and The V-Amp and this units does all and more. I was never a fan of the all in one floor models but this unit changed my mind. The factory sounds are cool but to REALLY get what the RP500 can do you will need to edit to get "your" sound. I stomp boxes like the TS808, TS9 and MXR are spot on. This is the best sounding "direct" line unit I've used yet. Feature: I love the versatility this unit has you can run in preset patch mode or pedal mode to get the feel of vintage stomp boxes. For the folks who think there is no tuner READ the manual! Hold the bypass button down for 2 sec and the tuner pops right up. Also for the wah pedal simply press down and its on any patch. Ease of Use: It took me about 30 min to fully set this up with my main seven patches for live use. Quality: TANK! nuff said. Value: For the money you can't beat this unit. I almost went with the RP1000 but I have no need for a drum machine (I have battery3 and reason 4)in my guitar effects. The 20 sec loop feature would have been cool but not for the additional cash. Manufacturer Support: No issues yet so I have no idea. The Wow Factor: Killer, all black with silver and red. Overall: So far I've had it for a few months and I 100% love it.

"WOW!! AWESOME, THIS WILL BLOW ALL MULT-EFFECTS AWAY" submitted September 10, 2008

Musical Background: hobbyiest
Music Style: rock, metal
Sound: This is by far the best multi effect unit on the market. I tried all of the other ones on the market and this is the best. Doesn't color my sound with my amp. Feature: Easy to use, just like having a bunch of stompboxes. Ease of Use: Great sounds lots of different distortions and effects, simple and great. Just worlds of endless possiblities. Quality: Very durable. It can even handle ny 2 year old son dropping toys and other stuff on it. Not even a scratch yet. Value: yes Manufacturer Support: Great work with Digitech, I have emailed them about other items I have of theirs. Friendly and knowledgable people, they know exactly what I'm trying to do with all my set ups. The Wow Factor: just Awesome. I want another one, and have 2 on stage. Overall: I'm keeping this forever. Unless they make an rp 1000
24 of 27 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This is my 3rd one...." submitted October 23, 2014

By Daniel P in Cottleville, MO
Musical Background: Semi Pro
Music Style: Blues, Top 40
Overall: I use the RP500 for top 40 playing. I found that I can exactly copy the tone for each song in our sets. Another great Feature is I can assign a number for the set list that will guide me to the spot needed for each song. I can label each by Song Title that displays on the R500.. Very handy for top 40. Don't use for the Blues prefer the un altered sound.

"Get Any Amp You've Ever Wanted" submitted October 27, 2008

Joe from zZounds
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: The sound I got out of this pedal was surprising. I was expecting a more digital or flat sound but what i got were some interesting outcomes. The presets alone were enough to satisfy, I mainly used the Hot Rod preset the most but some of the solo presets were fun to do that Eddie Van Halen type screamers. Overall I thought that the sounds were realistic, perfect for recording. Also it took out any hum that my single coils were picking up normally. Feature: Includes: CD-Rom and Power Supply. I liked the Tuner feature but wish it was labeled better. I used mainly the Amp modeling features with distortion. I just wish that the LCD displayed more info but it was more than enough. I didn't get a chance to dive into much of the chorus/fx, delay, reverb, or compressor but the presets had some fun sounds to play around with. The Editing was probably the most useful part because it let you have total control over what sounds you wanted to include in the model. Ease of Use: Very easy to use but I would suggest that any owner browse through the manual just to unlock certain functions. Quality: The RP500 seemed like it would be a sturdy product for home use. The top portion seems to be made of a hard plastic while the bottom is made of metal. The stompbox style pedals were sturdy, but when I would click one it made me feel like i was hitting it too hard and made me kind of hesitate at times. Overall the construction was ok. I wish that the bypass button wasn't so close to the tap tempo. The wah pedal was perfect over all the other features, real easy to use and sturdy. I do not think that this item would hold up live or on the road and if you did gig it out I would recommend a back up because it feels like if you stomped it too hard it would break. Value: I definitely think that this product it worth the selling price and more. Manufacturer Support: No support needed. The Wow Factor: Overall the unit looked nice and sleek just a simple black and polished metal made it look like an up to date product. Nothing too flashy is always nice. Overall: Personally i think that the RP500 is an excellent deal for the money you pay and that it would be a perfect addition for any home recording.

"Great value for little cash.... great processor..." submitted March 28, 2009

Overall
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Country, whatever they pay me to do....
Sound: pretty convincing amp and cab modles... Feature: great stomp box feature... Ease of Use: easy if you don't need to change things alot...a nightmare if you have to preset #11 and #66..... Quality: Good....roadworthy, mine hase been on the road for 6 months now , looks beat, but plays nice... Value: Great !!! Manufacturer Support: don't know Overall: Nice little unit !!! Takes some getting used to...I ionly use a couple of the presets...mostly use in stompbox mode....delay and chorus are smart....distortions are endless....still like a tube screamer and sring reverb though, but replaces a bunch of boxes and is easiy bypassed for clean amp sounds....buy one ...they are cheap for what you get....

"Any sound you want in an affordable, durable, good looking unit." submitted December 12, 2011

Musical Background: have played guitar for 25 yrs
Music Style: rock, blues, metal
Sound: Sound quality is very good. If you can dream it, you can dial in the sound you want. Some of the pre-sets sound a little tinny, but that might be from my guitar/amp combo. Feature: The noise gate is great for when you are playing those heavily distorted leads with pauses in them...no hiss or buzz. Tuner is a great feature. The ability to modify any of the presets and save them as a new patch is awesome. And I love the fact that the expression pedal can be used to adjust any parameter you want, be it volume, wah, pitch, gain, delay, etc, etc. Ease of Use: There is a bit of a learning curve with this unit. Take the time to go through the manual and you will pick it up quickly. Quality: Built like a tank...lots of heavy steel and durable foot switches. Value: Price what seperate effects pedals will cost you...then look at this unit. Manufacturer Support: Havent had any issues but from what I hear Digitech is very good. The Wow Factor: It's just plain cool looking...all my bandmates are jealous. Overall: I will use this unit until it falls apart. If it were stolen I would replace it with the same exact unit.

"Digitech rp500" submitted December 30, 2013

By Brian hurley in lubbock, TX
Musical Background: i have played bass and guitar for over 30 years
Music Style: Rock, blues, rock blues, classic rock, country
Overall: This is my 2nd rp500. This one was bought for my son as a gift because he loved playing on mine. A great pedal consolidation tool. 100 factory presets and 100 user saves...way cheaper than 20 pedals.

"DigiTech RP500 Guitar Multi-Effects" submitted March 30, 2014

By Tracy P in Augusta, GA
Musical Background: 20 Years Guitar Player
Overall: Nice! Easy to use and sounds awesome.

"Just what I think...its your money" submitted March 23, 2009

Musical Background: Blues Stringer
Music Style: blues, southern rock
Sound: Lots of sound choices. RP500 sounds better then the Zoom G1X I had. Feature: Came with Cubase LE4 software, wich is a good package, not the easiest software to use. Ease of Use: Easy to use, love the ability to change between the setting with a stomp switch for each sound. Quality: Very well made, This pedal is large, and its heavy. I recomend getting the gig bag package, or buying a bag to carry this pedal and power cord in. Value: Its worth the money, 300 bucks isn't much to get a ton of different sounds to expand your playing. Manufacturer Support: Didn't need support The Wow Factor: I don't find this product sexually appealing, just doesn't turn me on that way, but it is very cool looking and has lots of features to play with. Overall: overall I was pleased, but as large as this unit is; it does NOT have a drum machine built in, which is a downfall for the product. If I was going to recomend a multieffect pedal a RP255 or RP250.

"DigiTech RP500 Guitar Multi-Effects" submitted June 26, 2014

Overall
Sound: I planned on using the bypass feature and just using this as an effects pedal, but to my surprise I ended up using a factory clean preset with my acoustic. Of course I tweaked it a little, but now it sounds fine. Feature: Basic effects like Chorus, reverb and delay are good. Nothing fancy but for my acoustic set up, this worked fine. Ease of Use: The learning curve is minimal. Quality: So far it seems sturdy. Value: Again, I am using this for a simple Acoustic rig so I have XLR out, some basic effects, and a volume boost (compressor) and volume control, (Pedal). Taking all of those items into concern, I think this is a great pedal. Manufacturer Support: I explained my needs to Digitech and they were VERY helpful and responsive. Overall: I bought this for a completely different use and that is to gig with my acoustic guitar. I wanted an all in one pedal with XLR out, and some basic effects. I also like the dedicated volume pedal because when I switch guitars on stage, I simply cut the volume with the pedal, to avoid any noise or popping. Also, I like using the compressor as a volume boost for solos. I have only gigged with it once, but it worked perfectly.

"How can someone write a review when they haven't even tried it let alone own it." submitted September 24, 2008

By a customer from love-is-all-you-need.com
Music Style: Prog Rock, Rock, Blues, Country
Sound: The sounds are good but as with every board I have ever had (GNX3, POD XT Live, GT6)You gotta tweak 'em. Every player, every guitar, and every amp will change the way this board will sound. You have to find the sound you want by experimenting. Tweak until you find what you want. Feature: For what it is the features are great. I love the fact that I can bypass the amp/cab modeling and have just stomp boxes. It is what it is. Read about it and don't expect more. Why would someone be dissatisfied with it because it doesn't have an mp3 player or recorder. If you researched it just a little bit you wouldn't be disappointed. Ease of Use: It's easy for me because I have been playing and using similar products for years. This isn't my first Digitech product either. Quality: Heavy duty construction. I haven't had any problems yet. Digitech makes fine products and I have never had an issue with any that I have owned. Value: Obviously I think it is worth what I paid for it. If I didn't I wouldn't have bought it. Manufacturer Support: I answered this as a 10 but I really have no expereience with them. I have never had a problem with anything made by Digitech. They are a reputable company and make a fine product. I am assuming they would stand behind it and have good support. The Wow Factor: They want me to rate the "sex appeal" of this product. I don't recommend having sex with this product. This product doesn't sexually appeal to me at all. If it did I woud seek immediate help. Overall: I like the unit. I am currently using it but you never know. I have a lot of equipment (22 guitars, 8 different amps and a bunch of pedals) and I like to change things up now and then.

"Great piece for the price" submitted April 30, 2012

By David K in Tallahassee, FL
Musical Background: Recording/Live shows
Overall: Did everything it said it could. I have come up with some killer sounds out of this guy. Relatively easy to use too.

"Not bad, but not what I was looking for." submitted July 27, 2008

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Modern Rock
Sound: Overall. some of the sounds wer good, and others missed. I knew there would be some cuts given the newer price. Models were in abundance, but they seemed noisy. Feature: It's an RP. They cut some of the features like drums and others. The new line does support a bypass and stomp control. The editor works but for recording this is not like earlier Workstations. Ease of Use: Fair to say it's easy to use. Manual is good. Quality: Metal covers, durable switches. Seems road worthy. Value: This is a modified RP. It has a couple more bells. I was hoping for something like the workstation product line. Manufacturer Support: have not needed any The Wow Factor: Looks cool and has some nice color trim scheme. Overall: For me, this was a step up from other RP devices. I wish they would have created a new workstation model since I wanted features I could tap into more. I have returned mine and bought the GNX4 Workstation. I like having the recorder, drums/mp3 and loop functions. Nothing bad to say about this pedal for what it is. I just lost interest in it and went for a product that suited me more and was expandable.

"Liked it, but missing somethings." submitted October 13, 2008

Musical Background: Musician, Home recording
Sound: I like it, but something is flat and not as expressive as the GNX3000 or GNX lines I tried. Almos like they cut something. Price for sure. Maybe I compared too much. Still givin a spin. Feature: Here's where the cuts came in. More cuts than I thought. Ease of Use: Easy to use. Give them that. Quality: Works good so far. Value: Step above other RP, but step down from GNX line jmho. Manufacturer Support: Forum, email, usual The Wow Factor: The cover and casing is nice. Big LED. Overall: Something for me just didn't get along. After seeing all the gusto on the GNX4 I miss a lot of what that offers. Drums machine, tuner, 8tk recorder. This one is simple and sounds fine, but I sent it back and chose the GNX Workstation instead. What can I say, I like the gizmos. Review forthcoming soon on it.

"There is a tuner" submitted March 27, 2008

Music Style: Progressive Metal/Rock
Overall: I read the one review about the RP500 not having a tuner. I thought this was odd so I emailed Digitech's support. The bypass switch you have to hold down to get to the tuner. When I read the review about there being no tuner it started to turn me off about the pedal. My review (or lack there of) is so that others don't get turned off by there not being a tuner. The tuner is not visible on the pedal and it can be misleading. Just trying to help.
10 of 17 people (58.82%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This is great I love it IT's UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!" submitted December 3, 2008

Overall
Sound: There is just so many effects people say it sounds digity but its not as bad as most of the other. It's the best for in-room playing but for gigs you seem to have a hard time with it Quality: great it is one of the best digitech effect pedals. With the metal covering and some platic it's just great Value: I wish eveything was cheaper but It's how we live. Manufacturer Support: I bought this from music-music a store here and they are great. Now I get every thing from zzounds because they are great with shipping and the care of products+ magazine Overall: Overall I love this thing its the best guitar processer I ever had and I sold my Gt-8 and ones prevously owned. I was thinking to get the Gt-10 but disided toget just a $100.00 cheaper

"Wow I didn;t think it was this good" submitted December 3, 2008

Overall
Sound: Sweet sound for my likings and almosts every sound possilbe SICK Feature: Alot of different features like the 5 stomp boxes undr you feet thats the coolest. Quality: Its kinda feels like im about to break it but i think it will hold up for a while Value: The best sounds for $300.00 SWEET Manufacturer Support: none needed Overall: It's like having a hole bunch of options and many changable options.

"Nice. FIRST REVIEW!" submitted February 14, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician - Guitarist, Songwriter
Music Style: Thrash Metal, Alternative Metal, Experimental
Sound: I don't know, but I do know this: I have the DigiTech RP350, which is an amazing pedal. But I'm sure the RP500 will be better. The ability for it to turn into five stompboxes will be AWESOME and the tap tempo is a welcome addition. This definitely appeals to me because it seems more tailored to heavy metal sounds. For instance, I read it up on the DigiTech website, and there are more heavy metal amps: like the DigiTech Mosh and the DigiTech Monster. Feature: This pedal just BARELY gets a ten in my book. The lack of a drum machine, pickup simulator, and tuner hurts A LOT, but the combination of the pedalboard mode, extra effects and tap tempo makes up for it. I'm REALLY looking forward to the pedalboard mode! The ability to turn on and off individual effects will do wonders for some songs. The tap tempo will be nice for the delays, auto-ya, and other effects. Ease of Use: For me, Im used to the RP350 enough, so there wont be much of a learning curve for me. But for others, it might be harder to pick up on. Quality: I'm not sure how DigiTechs hold up, but really, the thing is made of ALL metal. I'm sure it will hold up EXTREMELY well. Manufacturer Support: I've gone to DigiTechs support before with X-Edit problems. They respond quickly and give good answers. Very helpful. The Wow Factor: HOLY CRAP! This thing looks nice. All black, with silver buttons and knobs, as well as LED lights. This might be the best-looking multi-effects pedal that has ever graced my eyes. Overall: I was originally going to trade in my RP350 for this pedal, but now, I might not. As I said earlier, I will miss a tuner and drum machine. I might not miss the pickup simulator a whole lot, as I might trade in my single-coil Fender (and my 7-string Schecter, if needed) for an Ibanez of some kind on Monday. But I will DEFINITELY miss the drum machine and tuner. Which is why I might sell the RP350 to a good friend who records my bands music instead of trading it in, that way I can still use the RP350 if needed, and my friend can use the RP's drum machine.
10 of 32 people (31.25%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 172T-FPH8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976