When you call, mention priority code 16JD-2G7C

Rating and Reviews: DigiTech RP1000 Effects

Expand your tonal possibilities with the DigiTech RP1000. It offers countless effect combinations and features over 160 effects, 200 presets, 40 tone and effects libraries, and much more.

"Best Multi FX pedal out there!" submitted October 12, 2011

Musical Background: I play in a band
Sound: Tried 'em all-Line 6, Vox and Boss. This one beats them all hands down. I use it in pedalboard mode along with my amp's clean tone in the amp loop. The overdrives and distortion pedal models are very good and touch responsive. Distortion cleans up when you back off on the guitar's volume and sustain is there in spades if you have a good guitar. The unit is very quiet. I have only fooled around with the amp/cab models thru the headphones. Some are very good. I like the JCM900 mod the best. Dual Rectifer is pretty good too tho a little muddy. Live, I use several different preset overdrive and distortion pedal models for everything from SRV to AIC. The choruses are rich and syrupy. I like the Clone setting best. Delays and reverbs are also very high quality and useful. I sound better than I ever have and this unit has taken me out of a rut and makes me want to play all the time now. Feature: You can blow an entire day before you realize it experimenting with this unit. Distortions start with Tube Screamer and go to Death Metal and cover everything in between. There are so many modulation FX and other FX like the talk box sims. There is every effect I know of or will ever use in this unit. It has several different configurations for hooking up to a sound source. The amp loop feature will place your amp's pre amp in between your distortions and modulation/delay FX and negate the amp/cab sims. It has stereo XLR's out to the main mix so you don't have to mike your amp. It sends the same signal that's going to your amp's speaker to the PA and my soundman loves it. Silent tuning is accessible by pressing and holding down preset you are on. 20 second looper is nice to create short passages to practice soloing over, although I find it a little clumsy to use live. I wish the power adapter had a longer cable but that's not that big a deal. This unit has everything I will ever need without having to haul and dance around a stage full of pedals and cables. Ease of Use: When I 1st got it I was impatient and just plugged in some headphones and started cycling thru the presets and found some cool sounds. Being eager to putz with it, I read the manual, hooked up to my amp, and dove in. This unit is way easier to program than Boss units. The display and edit controls are very user friendly and easier to read than Line 6. The displays and switch LED's are very bright and easy to see on a dark stage. The knobs allow you to adjust FX blend and volume on the fly. Editing is easy to do on the fly also if you need to make a quick adjustment, once you have familiarized yourself with how it works. It doesn't require a technical degree to use it and one should have no problem finding a good sound. You just have to be patient and tweak it. I found this process to be fun and entertaining and once I got dialed in, I was off to the races. Having all those editable presets and the convienance of being able to turn on/off FX within each preset has made my stage life better and easier. Quality: This unit is built like a tank. My only concern with this unit is the recessed cavity for the FX edit matrix display. If something was spilled on it, it would pool up here and I'm sure it would destroy it, so keep the drink toting fans off the stage! The knobs are plastic and kinda flimsy but are recessed into the FX matrix. Expression pedal seems to have a sturdier feel than other brand units I tried. Value: It's pricey but it's 1000's cheaper than buying all those pedals separately, making it a 10 for me. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed it yet. I like the payment plan option tho and I got my stuff fast. The Wow Factor: It looks cool on the stage. The display is bright and it looks very technical. Fans come up and check it out and compliment me on my tone. If it got lost, stolen or destroyed I'd replace it. I insure all my gear tho. Overall: This is my 1st multi FX processor and hopefully my last. The only things I would change are: Having 2 tones/channels to switch back and forth between on any given preset would be nice. Making the looper a little more user friendly and accessible for live performance WITHOUT having to buy an external footcontroller would be nice. I gave it a 9 on features because of that. Other than that I can't complain about anything with this unit

"It will inspire you to play" submitted October 5, 2010

Musical Background: 30 plus years active musician
Music Style: Rock, southern rock, blues and country
Sound: The sound quality is very good. I have found that you need to tweak it to your on taste and sound.I am playing through a Fender Prosonic tube amp with 2x10 and it sounds great.I find you can get any sound for any style of music. There is some patches that sound better than others. I have used it in both recording and live situations and find they both sound very good. I like the amp modeling a lot. Try using different cabs with different amps . Feature: I really like the amp modeling. Very real sounds and I like being able to use different cabs with different amp models. Using the effects alone is another great feature. Very easy to create your on patches. The expression pedal is difficult to use the wah without turning it off. I haven"t contacted digitech about this yet. Not sure if you can adjust the sensitivity of the on/off switch. Ease of Use: I find it very easy to use and to program user presets. I read the manual online at didgtech before buying and was pretty familar with the pedal . Quality: The product is made like a tank. I have only had it for about a month now . I think it can take the road abuse and will still be working for years to come. Value: In comparison to other products I think you get your moneys worth. Very happy. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to contact support yet. Dont know. The Wow Factor: The design and looks draw you to the pedal. Overall: I see myself using this processor for many years. I think for the money its the best on the market. I chose this product after reading lots of reviews and the most important thing that made me purchase this product was the videos on youtube and other sites with live demos. That helped more than anything. The amp modeling is my favorite and least favorite is the wah pedal.

"Bought with Reservations, but Very Happy With It." submitted April 9, 2011

Music Style: Varied
Sound: Took delivery of this a couple of weeks ago with a lot of reservations. I'm not a "digital" fan, having been burnt last year (From a local music store) on an alleged "modeling amplifier" and some other equipment that sounded like crap in a frying pan no matter what I did with it. Another person in my band has the GX4 and that worked well for him, but they've discontinued that product. I was concerned that this thing wouldn't "keep up" with the other product. The RP1000 has done fine so far. Despite my initial intimidation with it - I was up and playing quickly. I run it through a Marshall MA100 1/2 stack in pedalboard mode - the sound is amazing. It didn't "kidnap" the sound of my amp, so I'm happy with that. Doesn't sound good running on amp-modeling unless I bypass my amp head, but that's how this is designed to work. Amp-modeling through just plain speakers or straight into a mixer sounds great. Did some recording at a local studio last night and it did great.(Disclaimer: I was playing on a lot of "clean" and "echo" settings, so I didn't get to test distortion a whole lot, but the little I did sounded fine) Most of all it didn't interrupt me (Dealing with it) during the recording although I was switching between several settings. (If you read the owner's manual, it explains how to avoid volume swells and drops) In gigs, I've used this run through my amp head's effects loop AND through Line OUT. I actually PREFER it through the Line OUT because it does bypass cleanly and tones are good enough to run it on pedalboard mode straight through my amp head. With other devices, I've been "burnt" on line OUT before, but the RP1000 has performed flawlessly in 3 gigs and a recording session thus far. Bottom Line: You wanna spend 2 to 3 grand building a pedal farm or spend around $400 dollars on this? It just depends upon how picky you want to get with the sound and how much you want to spend I spent a fortune building a pedal-farm only to experience ground loops, interference and a bunch of stupid problems (Most of this "true bypass" advertising is bull) - the pedal board has been sold to the next victim and I'm running the RP1000 with just a couple of other effects. My floor space is cleaner, more organized & I don't have to worry about hitting the wrong switch or getting "tied up" in the thing and falling over on a darkened stage. If you don't mind reading a manual and spending the time to LEARN your equipment, then you'll love this thing! If all you want is a push-button simple toy then I'd go with something else. Feature: I really like having the ability to choose between so MANY brands of effects within each effect setting AND be able to adjust each effect independently. The only thing I'd like to see improved? Possibly the tuner, which needs to be set up like the Korg Pitchblack. (But that's a personal preference and it IS very similar to the Pitchblack) Note: I haven't downloaded the new firmware yet, which I plan to do very soon before I start editing too much. Ease of Use: I found the interface a little confusing for the first 20 minutes or so. Now I DID cheat and go on Digitech's site and read most of the manual while waiting for my unit to arrive, so I was a little ahead of the game when the thing came in. Within minutes, I was playing. and creating my own presets. Last night, all I did was read up on the looping process in the supplied manual and our recording session went off without the RP1000 interfering other than producing a good sound, which is EXACTLY what you want. (Nothing's worse than guitarists fiddling with a bunch of switches during a recording session instead of playing) I just set up my guitar, plugged the RP1000 into a rack system and really didn't touch it for the next 4 hours other than to kick on/off pedal effects when needed - it performed flawlessly. So it lives up to its promise during recording, because it produced NO issues at all during this session other than to do what it's supposed to do. Quality: The product is built out of metal and seems pretty solid. I'm not a "masher" or "lummox" around my equipment and I keep the fools away, so I might not be the best reliability-tester out there. (If you're rough on equipment, then you'll break anything) I like the switches because they have the "click on/click off" true feel and are solid metal. Value: If you're looking for "bang for the buck" then this is your product. It does a lot, especially for this price. zzSounds had the best price on this thing and they are great to deal with. They said it'd be delivered in 3-5 business days and it arrived in 4 days. During the process zzSounds kept me updated of the status via email. (Which I elected when ordering) I not only came out of this happy with the product, but I'll be ordering more from zzSounds because you order it, and WHAT you ordered shows up WHEN it's supposed to. (And also because I have a friend who recently ordered a large-ticket item had some issues that were the shipper's fault and zzSounds stepped in and took care of him quickly instead of waiting on the shipper to address it) Manufacturer Support: Like with any product, I often call the customer-support number BEFORE I buy anything. At DigiTech an actual HUMAN answered the phone and was knowledgeable about the product. If you're looking for someone to take care of an issue, it appears that they'll be there. The Wow Factor: Yeah, it looks good down there on the floor in the dark - kind of like a missile-launch console. I can clearly see what setting its on and it kicks out enough light to see the pedal switches. Overall: The only way I'd consider replacing/upgrading this product is when I wear it out.
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome sounds, but be prepared to edit to find your tone." submitted December 23, 2011

Musical Background: 30 year gigging rock and blues guitarist
Music Style: all things rock
Sound: I have been a tube snob for all my 30 years of playing and I was not happy with this unit at 1st using it with an amp, but I was tired of lugging around 2 diffent amps to get the sounds I needed. After countless hours of tweaking it still sounded muddy and lackluster when played at gig volume live with an amp. I started just using the PA and this was better but not ideal. If you have this unit or want one, do yourself a favor and get the Tech 21 Power Engine 60 to run it thru and your life will change. All my presets now sparkle and shine as well or better than ANY tube amp I have ever owned, and that includes Fender Hotrod, Marshall Plexi 1/2 stack, Marshall MKII Master Volume combo and Mesa DC50. I can already hear the sneers and yeah rights, but the amp models in this unit are INCREDIBLY realistic when played thru the right amp. The Tech 21 is not an amp per se', (no preamp section), but rather a clean power source for an existing preamp or modeling device and made just for guitar. I base my cleans and gritty blues on a Fender Twin 2x12 model. Sounds just like a Twin. My buddy has the reissue twin and side by side you cannot tell the difference. His Twin is 60+ lbs. My rig is less than 30. I have some cool Hendrix tones based on Marshall Plexi with a Fuzz Face. Again a side by side comparison with my 1/2 stack was dead on. Granted the Marshall moves more air but the tone is dead on. Moving on to Mesa territory these amp models sound very convincing. Another great model is the 5150. Want Van Halen brown sound? It's right there. Some of the FX are better than others, some downright suck. Choruses and delays are OK. Distortions are pretty good. (Tube Screamers) Some of them suck. (High Gain) Reverb is very good. I use the Twin Spring. Compresser works very well to tighten up and fatten the tone. Feature: It has several in and out options with both 1/4" and XLR. Has an FX loop for connecting external FX and an amp loop to run your amp's preamp in line. It has every effect I'll ever use and some I'll never use. The looper is pretty cool but awkward to use on the fly. The best feature to me is the pedalboard mode. In each bank you can have 5 different pedal boards with a differnet amp and FX chain in each one, and the ability to switch FX on and off. Exp. pedal works as your wah and volume unless assinged to something else like the Whammy effect (awesome). I'll be digging into this thing for years to come to unlock it's true potential. Ease of Use: Once you get past the learning curve, it's a really simple unit to program and operate. Much easier than the competition. The display and editing section is very well laid out and the text is large and easy to read. Lots of bright LEDS make it easy to navigate onstage if you need to. Dedicated knobs make on the fly tweaks easy for amp gain, FX level, amp volume and master volume. Quality: Built like a tank. The knobs seem to be a little on the flimsy side. Be careful with that beer...The editing grid is recessed about an inch to protect the knobs. Anything spilled on this thing would pool up there and you would be $CREWED! Value: Having a fleet of realistic sounding amps, cabs and FX in a compact and versatile unit is an amazing value. The best value for me is it has cut my live setup time in 1/2. Manufacturer Support: I sent Digitech a couple of questions via email and got a prompt response. Haven't needed them other than that. The Wow Factor: I hated the sound of it 1st til I found the right amp to run it thru. I could still make good music without it, but it would be more hassle. It looks very cool on stage when it's all lit up. . Overall: I expect this last me a long time. I have all my gear insured and would definetely repalce it if it was stolen or destroyed. Be prepared to do some tweaking and experimenting, but this was half the fun for me, It took me a new amp and hours of tweaking but I can say this is the best sounding rig I have ever owned. I use to haul a Marshall 2x12 and a Fender 2x12 as well as a huge pedalboard to every gig. This paired with the Tech 21 Power Engine has made my rig much easier and simple to haul and operate.

"Fantastic Multi Effects Unit!" submitted May 30, 2012

By David E in Tulsa, OK
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years playing guitar, unprofessionally.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Christian, Electronic
Overall: The unit comes with 100 factory presets, but has room for 100 user presets, and between those 200 presets you can get any sound you require. My favorite feature is the fact that I can plug it into my Mac and make all of the major and minor adjustments from there. I don't have to spend hours bent over to adjust knobs at floor level. There is a slight learning curve, but once it "clicks", you'll be making amazing sounds in no time. They thought of everything. You can move certain effects around in the pre/post amp chain, you can bypass the unit's amp and cab effect to use it strictly for its effects, and you can have another string of external effects that you can also access by bypassing the RP1000's effects- perfect for live performances. It sounds incredible recorded, and has numerous inputs and outputs to connect to your various equipment. You want 5 banks of 10 sounds? Set the unit to access the banks and have each sound of the 10 banks associated with a chosen button. You want 10 banks of 5 sounds? Set the unit to use the bottom 5 buttons to access the sounds you want, and the top 5 buttons to access the various effects. The expression pedal and the top five buttons can be programmed to control any effect expression you desire. Imagine your pedal controlling the delay time, and the buttons controlling the high and low of frequency modulation, eq, phase of flanger speed, or any other component associated with that particular sound. To sum it up, the two amazing things about this unit are of course the sounds you can create ( I have presets I've made that duplicate everything from AC/DC to Pantera to Eric Clapton), but mostly the absolute programability of the unit to perform whatever job you need it to do- on the stage or in the recording studio. It's become the "brain center" of my rig. I don't know how I ever lived without it!

"This unit took my playing to another level." submitted October 4, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician 30+ years
Music Style: classic rock, progressive rock, stoner metal
Sound: I have had this for 2 weeks now and this is my 2nd reveiw. I was using this with a PV Valveking and it sounded pretty good. Well I just got a Tech 21 Powerengine 60. The difference is amazing. This is my 1st processor beieng a tube snob but back probs turned me in this direction. This unit sounds it's best plugged into a sterile power source like a PA or powered monitor which is exactly what the Tech 21 is and it's made for guitar. All the amp models shine their true colors now and my tone is so good to me now I play until my arms hurt. Dirty tones will clean up when you roll off the volume which is VERY important to my style. The distortions and amp models are dead on. The reverbs are great. The choruses are Ok but not the best. All the modulation FX are crammed into one section instead of a dedicated chorus, but is does the job. The unit is quiet and would do great in the studio. It excels in live performance. I go straight to the PA for the house and my T-21 for my monitor. I'm up and running in 5 minutes and the soundguy loves me. I've used it twice at gigs since I got it and I rocked the house with it. It has definetely lifted me to another level of tone and performance. Feature: I went a nine on features. I wish you could change amp channels within a preset, but it's not that big of a deal. I would have made a dedicated bypass switch too. To bypass you step on the preset you are on for bypass and hold for tuner, which is silent and adjustable to different keys. Has all the ins and outs you'll ever need. Very cool. I use it in pedalboard mode which gives you 5 completely editable presets on the switches 1-5 and 6-10 turn each FX on and off. The knobs make on the fly live adjustments a breeze and gives the unit a stompbox feel. Again the models are very realistic sounding to my ears and having all those different amp tones to experiment with is great. Ease of Use: I was up and running in 10 minutes after I got it. I just plugged in and just started running through the factory presets thru my PV's clean channel. Some are good, some not so good. The FX editing grid is large and easy to read and navigate. I did read the manual online while I was waiting to get it so I had an idea where to start. Editing is a breeze and you don't have to be a genious to figure it out(thank GOD). This where you are gonna find your sound. Just expect to spend a lot of time with it and be patient. Remeber the sterile sound source. Quality: It seems to be very well made except for the knobs. They are very flimsy plastic. Metal and hard plastic construction for the frame. Knobs are recessed into unit and FX grid. If something got spilled on it it would pool there. I'm careful with my gear and I got an SKB pedal case to carry it in. Value: I tried them all at local Guitar Center. This was the best to me. I bought from ZZ for the installment plan which I deeply thank them for. I will buy from them again. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. I did send a question to Digitech tech support and got an answer within 24 hrs. The Wow Factor: Itz gawt alawt uf purdy swiches 'n litez. I like it alawt. For real this thing looks sexy as hell on stage. If it had the proper ins I'd make love to it :p! Overall: If it was lost or stolen I'd buy another. I insure my stuff. I expect this to be the last processor I'll ever need.

"All I can say for the Price,You will be Amazed as I was as I opened it and saw the Quality of this Product,But Just be Patient b" submitted February 22, 2010

By a customer from cableone.net
Musical Background: 25 years Lead Guitarist
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Sound: All I can say is I have owned this Now fro about 3 weeks,and I t is Flawless I have some much to learn about this,My Last unit was the RP1 and it had Editing and about 160 or 170 Effects on it.I never dod Fully Figure it out in 15 years But it was in it's Last legs,So I bought this and I Love itand will have it for many years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will say to Anyone who wants to purchase a Guitar Effects Unit ,This is the One to have it has it all!!!!!!!!!!Thank Chad M. Bedwell Feature: So many Features it will take me awhile to learn what all this has to offer! Ease of Use: I would Rate it 10 the Best ,But I am still working on the Editing part of this unit at the moment and there is so much to do,I will be at this for awhile to get the Sounds I really Like!!!!!! Quality: Great Quality Made Strong and Durable,I would Suggest the Road Runner Pedalboard all in 1 Gig Bag with this It fits Perfect!!!!!!!1 Value: The Value of this unit is Worth More than what anyone is asking it's Really Worth the Retail Price ,But hey I am Glad to have Gotten it for a Little over $400 Plus Tax and I have the 2 Year Gold Warranty on it Plus Manu. Warranty. Great Price!!!!! Manufacturer Support: I have Been a Digitech MAN for over 25 years Now and I Love there Products,I wouldn't Have Nothing else... The Wow Factor: I have it and will Have it For Many Many Years to come Hopefully as Long or Longer than My RP1. I Plan to get the Digitech Time Bender to Add with this.Ihave watched a Demo and it is my Next Digitech Purchase!!!!!!!!!
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best Multi EFX Processor in my opinion!" submitted March 12, 2012

By Astor Torres in Miami, FL
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: From Rock to Balads
Sound: The sound its incredible Digitech really did its research before delivering this amazing product! The amps and effects sound so identical to the real thing! Feature: I love the fact that I can use either 10 presets and if I decide to use only five I can go on stomp mode and have the other five act as if they where actual stomp boxes this feature is amazing! Ease of Use: I love the fact that you can tweak everything on this machine and it is so easy to do so! Quality: The RP1000 is made for gigs! it really holds its toughness the way it was build! The only problem I see its that the editing knobs are made of plastic witch could be a problem down the road Value: In my opinion the price is really good for all the features that you get on the RP1000 Manufacturer Support: Have not used this yet and I hope I don't have to. The Wow Factor: The Stomp Box feature just saves me so much set up time and energy I can be using to create instead of routing, powering and specially carrying all the different stomp boxes I had to use before the amazing RP1000 Overall: This is an amazing piece of equipment! The features on this monster are just unbeatable, from the different distortion pedals to the the amount of amp/cab simulation and different effects that you have at your fingertips including the 20 sec looper I just can't get enough out of it. It is so easy to use and to set up, you can easily create your own sounds if you don't like any of the presets and start jamming right away!

"Digitech? Yes, Digitech!" submitted June 22, 2012

By Michael K in Alexandria, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing over 30 years, both as a home enthusiast and semi-professional.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Americana, Punk, Garage
Sound: This unit is a no-brainer for someone who plays in a cover band, or needs access to a lot of different tonal options. I will admit that I'm still mystified by some of the control parameters, but that's only because I haven't been able to spend more time learning what this thing is capable of. I typically use this thing in pedalboard mode, with the amp & cabinet models turned off. This gives you the effects only, which is handy when plugging this thing directly into the front end of your amp. Failing to turn the modelers off while using it this way will result in your sound being more on the tinny side. Until I figured this out, I just assumed that Digitech products simply sounded this way as a matter of course. Not so! Another way I've used this thing is to run it through a Tech 21 Power Engine 60. Now THIS is where you can make use of the many amp models. Simply dial in the amp model you want, and start playing. You should, however, still switch your speaker models to 'DIRECT". Otherwise, you're going to sound thin and toneless. The only time I'd recommend using the amp AND speaker models together is when you're using the RP1000 to record or play directly through a mixing board. Feature: What's not to love? Besides the hundreds of amp models and effects, you also get an onboard Looper, tuner, USB interface, 1/4" and XLR outs, external stomp box loop AND an Amp Loop. The Amp Loop is cool because it gives you the ability to choose between using the pre-amp models in the RP1000 or that of your amp. Digitech even provides instructions to show you how. Ease of Use: It is fairly easy to start using the RP1000. I will say, however, that I've only scratched the surface. There is still much to explore. Quality: I believe these are well made, and that they were made in the USA up until recently. I think the newer ones are made in China. I've owned both a US and Chinese version, and both seemed to be solid performers. Value: In terms of convenience and economy, this thing is definitely worth its price. You can always get a deal on these, so I HIGHLY recommend calling directly before you point & click to buy. Overall: Digitech really did a great job on this unit. The sounds are really good, and the overall convenience gives you serious bang-for-your-buck.

"Digitech knows how to please the ear!" submitted March 29, 2009

Overall
Music Style: prog rock,soul, metal, jazz
Sound: I've been using Digitech effects for a long time.I'm nothing without them actually & the new rp 1000 is the best pedalboard I've heard anywhere!I'd like to give it 9 & ahalf stars but I can't. The amp models & all effects sound just incredible & real. I got this factory resealed & lucked out!Thru my Roland vs2400 it sounds great too & I love the new reverse delay effect.One minor flaw I found is that when you turn on disortion in nearly every bank, it's much quieter then the preset it's on which means you'll have top pre program patches before a gig which is no major back skin off. Also Digitech still doesn't have a seperate chourus block like Roland so lots of effects are crammed in the mod block...HOWEVER for the price & the way this bad boy sounds, it's still well worth it & I think it smokes the new roland silver GT? out of the water! Feature: guitars Ease of Use: Quite easy Quality: made very well Value: A killer steal! Manufacturer Support: Very well The Wow Factor: Like someone else said, if I wanted to cop a piece off this product I'd seek immediate help! It looks great though. Overall: I'd stick with the rp1000 till hell freezes over!

"A very creative and versatile tool." submitted September 22, 2011

Overall
Sound: I play in a rock cover band playing everything from The Stones to Alice in Chains. I'm using this in conjunction with a PV 1x12 Valveking combo utilizing the amp loop feature. SOUND QUALITY-Very clear and low noise from high gain models. Noise gate eliminates any unwanted noise but I had to tweak it to my playing style. You can get some very nice tones from this unit, but it is not a plug and play. You have to have the patience to go into it and tweak and find your sound, which I found to be entertaining in itself. Some of the sounds are not that great. I did not like the harmonizer. It sounds fake. Best cabinet models are the classic, vintage and rectifier 4x12's. Some of the amp models sound very good while others not so much. It's alot easier to model a distorted tube amp than all the subtle nuances of a clean one. So I use my amp's clean channel in the amp loop for my clean tone. You can set this up in a preset. Some of the distortion pedals sound great while others not so much. The tube screamer and sparkle drive sounded best to my ears. The responds to touch very well and cleans up when you turn down the guitar volume. VERY IMPORTANT to my playing style. Feature: Too many too use! I use this unit in pedalboard mode. I found the best clean tone using my amp's clean channel in the amp loop. All my other main tones utilze the unit's modeling. They sound realistic enough for me and I have receieved many compliments on my tone. I have my classic rock tone(Plexi Model)80's rock(JCM800)modern rock(Dual Rectifier and 5150)and set up a solo/delay pacth with the Soldano model. I have the option to add FX with switches 6-10. The acoustic sim. is OK. Not great but it does the job without the hassle of dragging an acoustic to the gig. I put my amp in standby and just use the PA and monitors to amplify that signal. The tap tempo is also a nice feature for delay times. I used to have to reach down and make an adjustment 20 times a night. The 20 second looper works great for practing solos over a rythym part. I do wish you could change amp channels within the presets but that's just a little thing. Ease of Use: Ease of use and being able to switch individual FX on/off within a preset is what sold me on this unit. Any decent guitarist with half a brain should be able to figure this unit out and get some good tones. Compared to other switching systems I have used this thing is a breeze. I had a good basic sound going in about 10 minutes when I 1st started tweaking and programming presets.I did familiarize myself with the user manual online before mine arrived. Some of the factory presets are decent through headphones but when you bring your amp inline things change and you have to tweak the tones and FX. I play in a rock cover band and having the option of so many different tones at the click of 1 switch is what sold me on this unit. In live situations you can adjust FX level, amp gain and volume levels on the fly with the twist of a knob. Expression pedal acts as a volume pedal and switches to wah at soft touch of the toe(almost too soft). You can asign different things too it but I haven't dove that far into it. The display and edit grid are fantastic. I don't need my glasses to tweak and editand it is very visible on a dark stage. Tuner will adjust to drop tunings and just hold down the swich of whatever patch you are in and you go into silent tuning. Awesome. This thing has reduced my setup time, cleaned up and organized my rig and improved my live performance. In short I am a much more versatile and better player with this unit. Quality: This thing is built like a tank and looks cool as hell on stage. Knobs are plastic but are well recessed. The FX edit grid is recessed and would form a pool for any liquid spilled on it so BE CAREFUL! I did purchase an SKB pedal case to carry it in for another $50. Senseless to spend $400 on a pedalboard system and not have a case to protect it. I have forbidden anyone from coming within 5 ft. of it with any liquids :)and I keep it covered with a heavy towel in the bandroom when not in use to keep the dust off it. Value: I did an enormous amount of reasearch before I bought this. This seemed to have the most features and best overall quality as compared to some other units in this price range. Ease of use is simple. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with support for any other reason than original purchase. The 4 payment option made it easy for me to buy this with my debit card. I don't think there's another music supplier offering that which is the reason I bought this from ZZ Sounds. My 1st experience with this company. So far so good. The Wow Factor: Looks sexy on stage. People come up and check it out. Lots of switches and pretty lights. Overall: If someone stole it I'd buy another. I plan to use this until it breaks. That shouldn't be a problem anytime soon. I'm an older player and I expect this will be the last FX processor I ever buy.

"Best unit ever" submitted March 13, 2014

By Dan Ottsman in Weaverville, CA
Musical Background: Been playing around 40+ years
Music Style: Rock and blues some light jazz & country rock not the stuff that puts you to sleep.
Overall: This is my third digi I was blown away with the RP20 played many gigs with that pedal.Then here comes the GNX3 another home run. I love the built in recorder + great sounds. But the RP1000 I don't know what to say I have only gotten to like #30 on presets It seems like almost every preset is awesome.I have only had it for a day and a half around 10 hours of playing. That's a lot for me had to stop my fingers are shot. Anyway as usual digitech has blasted another one out of the park. this is your best one yet keep them coming awesome dose not do it justice but its the best I can do for now

"Very Impressed!" submitted July 5, 2012

By Mark Stevens in Culver, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for over 20 yrs., not my full time job!
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, some heavier stuff.
Sound: With a little tweaking, you can get about any sound you want, if you can't, they have pre-set(tone sharing), on website as well, just download them, and use X-Editor to load in RP! Feature: Very good routing possibilities, that's the reason most people buy this in general, use the 4-cable method, and you can bypass pedal, and use amp, or use RP just for effects, without coloring tone of your amp. Built well, will last a very long time, even gigging regularly. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, manual needed only to get you familiar with the things that are not obvious, and there aren't to many. If you find the deal I got, get FS3X and Sennheiser HD201 Headphones (FREE). Quality: Very well, not extremely heavy, but not plastic by any means. I would take it anywhere, anytime! Value: Worth every penny, could it be better, of course, but you get your moneys worth, and more! Manufacturer Support: I did call regarding recording options, no problems with RP, just technical questions. I got a human voice in less than 5 mins., and I called twice, on different days. Digitech always have been good in that respect. The Wow Factor: Looks nice when its all lit up on stage, also the Silver pedal with the black grips look nice! Overall: Coming from a GNX4 owner, a little disappointed that there was no midi, but that's about it! If you are gonna record with it, probably have drums, so no drum machine, doesn't really matter either. As far as tones, it's gonna depend more on what you are monitoring sound through. Headphones, or straight out to speakers(monitors), great sound! I have a cheap practice amp, and doesn't sound half as good, but that's not the pedals fault, and with some tweaking of parameters, even that can be made to sound good! Once you download X-Editor from Digitech site, tweaking is a breeze, gas a 20 second looper,I recommend the footswitch(looper, and up/dwn presets. Worth the money, just try one out before buying!

"Digitech RP1000" submitted March 6, 2012

By Rob W in Fort Washington, MD
Overall
Musical Background: been playing for 48 years, semi-professionally. play guitar, bass,banjo, mando
Music Style: play big band, classic rock, 50's, country, jazz, music theater - whatever will pay me
Overall: Cutting to the chase - if it were stolen, I'd buy another in a minute. I bought mine as a return; the ad has a disclaimer that it might be blemished. I was expecting something obviously scratched - maybe a dent, and a careful examination showed nothing at all worse than a little restocking wear on the corners of the carton! The instruction manual is solid and clear as to what's required to change the 100 preset sounds, and many of those presets are usable as is. Yeah, there's some "fluff" that I'll never use, but that's where your mileage may vary, as they say. The unit itself is built like a tank, and everything that's supposed to be stepped (stomped) on in normal use is just rock solid. The downloadable software makes it easy to modify the presets and store them, and I strongly suspect that I"ll be taking my netbook computer to gigs with me just because I can set that up at hand-level and not have to lean over to do on-the-fly tweakings if I want. This unit has far more capability than I'll likely use - and I play everything from big band to small combos to music theater - and it's really nice to know that I have all these effects, amps, and cab models available to me at the stomp of a button. One of the things that impressed me most was how QUIET this unit is; sitting in front of my amp - with the amp set at performance levels and NOT using the effects loop in my amp, there just isn't any noise when playing. I'm sure that using the effects loop will improve the signal-to-noise ratio even further. Buy this thing - or it's cousin (the one that works with an iPad if you have one) and never look back.

"RP1000 saves the day..." submitted April 27, 2012

By ARay M. in Claremont, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Over 20 years...
Music Style: Rock, Hair Metal, Blues or whatever I'm in the mood for...
Overall: I play pro in two different bands at present. One has a truck and the other is farther away in the city...which means I have to carry my gear. I'm a discerning musician that uses two complete different amp half stacks (head/4 /12 cabs) for each sound. One for RYTH and one for FX , LEADS ETC... To make a long story short...I bought this at ZZOUNDS to make life easier and turns out it WORKED ! I now just use THIS UNIT (RP1000) for BOTH bands...Imagine that...? I no longer lug two full half stacks around...and by the way am using a 2 x 12 closed back the the band thats' farther away. I now have a whole slew of great sounds after I spent a few hours dialing them in...Marhsalls, RECTO's, SOLDANO's and I even MATCHED the sound I use for the passed few years in a preset... Buy this RP1000...it pays off BIG in the studio too... THANKS ZZOUNDS for being here for me....

"Great Product!!!" submitted September 26, 2011

By a customer from Yahoo.Com
Musical Background: Beginning Guitarist
Sound: Any sound you want...You got it with this thing! Ease of Use: Extremely easy to use...I've just started playing and I was able to figure it out with no problems...And if I can do it then anyone can do it Quality: Top of the line...Very durable Value: Worth every penny! And zzounds was having a special so I got it for $100 off! Manufacturer Support: Did not need to contact anyone. The Wow Factor: It's set up is very "clean." Overall: I'll use this thing for a very very long time!

"This device has ended my "Gear Acquisition Syndrome"...for now" submitted March 28, 2013

By Michael Bellopede in Jacksonville, FL
Musical Background: 25+ years, some professional, mostly at home now
Music Style: LOUD
Overall: This is exactly what I was looking for, but believed would never been made. One device, does it all, routes everything correctly, puts effects where I want them...ie before preamp, after preamp...even with a real tube amp. I like my tube amp sound, with just a few effects, and this device does it. Bypass of all effects works properly, so I get as much, or more importantly, as little as I want from this. This means I don't have to have half a dozen pedals, but at the same time, this device setup properly does not take over my sound. Of course, it can take over the sound if I want that; the models are above average, but that's not why I bought it. Never had to deal with manufacturer, and I don't know what a wow factor is. Is that like a warp factor?

"Impressive technology and clear sound" submitted May 30, 2014

By Matthew L in Centennial, CO
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing since I was 7. Acoustic and electric guitars as well as 12 strings plus piano, mandolin and bass.
Music Style: Rock, pop, metal and most recently country and bluegrass.
Overall: Now that I have had some time to evaluate this ... I have to say that I have continued to be impressed with both the clarity and configurability. My only dislike is the amount of hand tinkering to customize patches. This is really more of a studio or home use effects box than it is useful for live gig playing. With that said, I bought it for home use and I have been very impressed with it in that context.

"Great effects selection, good quality, reasonable price... ALMOST perfect." submitted April 4, 2010

Musical Background: Professional Studio Guitarist for Major Labels
Music Style: Whatever they want
Sound: The reverbs are excellent and there is a good selection of different types of reverb. I particularly like the Lexicon models, but that is mainly because I am familiar with those reverbs from years of studio sessions. This also has several popular "low-fi" reverbs like "spring" which is appropriate for Surf Style twang and boing. The wahs are also good, if you like wah. If I have to use wah, (say, for a Hendrix-style) this has the classic "cry Baby" sound nailed. There are smoother more musical wahs in here too, if you can say that any wah is "musical." Pitch bend and whammy effects are unique to Digitech, as they literally own those. The Roto-Vibe is a good emulation but cannot sound like a leslie, even in stereo. The best anyone can possibly offer for that is a good emulation of a recorded Leslie, simply because the psycho-acoustic effect of a rotating speaker and horn in an acoustic space is too complex to recreate even with a 5.1 surround speaker system. Although some of the drive models ( like tube Screamer ) are dead-on, I have yet to get great cabinet modeling from this or its predecessor, and I have tried it through various combinations of speakers, amps and systems. To their credit, Digtech was smart enough to include a cab-sim defeat button, which makes removing that part of the sound as easy as pressing a button. For live performance, the cab-sims work best through good powered speakers or a flat PA speaker. ( QSC, Mackie, or Eon all work well.) For recording, the best cab-sim in here is the classic four x 12". For rock sounds, it is fairly convincing. Most players might think these are A-OK, but because I have spent decades as a pro-studio guitarist with some of the world's most famous producers, I can definitely hear the artificiality of these sims. Digitech's co-processing design does not introduce any latency when the sims are engaged, so I have used these occasionally in dense rock mixes with acceptable results. With the exception of the distortions (which are obviously geared to younger metal-heads) and most of the cab-simulations, ALL the main musical effects are very good. The reverbs are studio-quality. Feature: For a floor based system, this has the best feature set I have seen, simply because it allows you to defeat cab sims and use only the effects section, AND it allows you to save various set-ups with your pet sounds in five convenient "presets." This way you can instantly change from one entire group of preset-sounds to another without tedious time-consuming scrolling through "banks." It also has a single effects loop, so you can include your favorite outboard pedal-effect. The marketing hype from one magazine claims this is almost like having a Bradshaw system. I disagree, simply because I have a Bradshaw system. ( Actually three) This is NOTHING like a Bradshaw system. It's good... but it ain't all that. I just which ALL the mutli-effects designers would get this through there thick skulls: Professional guitarists DO NOT want to bend over to adjust ANYTHING. We ONLY want foot-switches to engage, disengage or select effects. The BEST place for adjustment-controls ( knobs ) is up high, near eye level; that means in a rack or a conveniently sized box that would sit atop an amp. Also, It is stupid to route signal through extra lengths of cable, even if you do have balanced-outs. Less cable equals better tone; no matter how pristine the cable, how clean the signal, or no matter what the impedance. This is a simple LAW of physics. Obviously, most guitarists do not understand physics or electronic engineering. That's why they go for these floor pedal- routing schemes. Just because something is the status-quo does NOT mean it is the best way to do it. If enough of us wise up and DEMAND a better design, we could all save our backs, eyesight and professional images. Even if you have a great posterior, the audience does not want to see you bend over to twiddle knobs. Besides, your butt looks better when your standing. PUT THE CONTROLS WHERE THEY BELONG... UP HIGH. Keep the switches where they belong... ON THE FLOOR AND OUT OF THE SIGNAL PATH. Ease of Use: The more complete the device, the more complex it becomes. Digitech has done a good job of organizing the effects and control knobs though. They use a simple "grid" method of organization. The left column chooses the effect with the "edit" up-down buttons. Then each 'row" has a defined set of parameters you can tweak. The parameters are all clearly marked, although you must have good eyesight to read them. (can you tell I'm an old fart?) But even when I was young and my eyesight was keen, a dim stage would make these labels difficult to read. If a person was drunk or high, that goes double. This is easier than most pedals of its ilk to tweak. You still have to save those tweaks in banks. Two button presses gets that job done fairly easily. Labeling is done with the knobs by scrolling. Because this has several knobs, it is easier than most, but still a nuisance. Here is another suggestion that ALL multi-effect designers should heed: Place a complete miniature qwerty-keyboard somewhere on the unit or at least allow us to plug one in. You geniuses could easily accomplish this with standard cell-phone pads, like those used for texting. Given the ridiculous popularity of cell-texting, I should think this would be an obvious feature. Not only that, you could make a little extra profit by offering this as an add-on feature or upgrade. For that matter, we should be able to link our text-capable cell phones directly to any effects unit for editing preset-names. If every cell phone in the world can do it, why are you geniuses at Digitech, roland, Zoom, Digidesign, Rocktron, Fractal-Audio etc etc, ALL MISSING THE BOAT? Quality: I have used the previous RP 500 for over two years with no breakdowns or glitches. I must assume this is of similar quality. The reason I rate a 9 instead of 10 is that ALL multi-effect units have compromises somewhere in their design. This manifests as reduced fidelity or excess noise. Here again though, this Digitech design is one of the best BECAUSE: You can defeat unwanted cab-simulation and use JUST the effects. The selection of effects is wide and some of them are very good. This RP 1000 allows you to instantly access five complete preset groups, once you have them dialed-in. Value: This deserves a nearly perfect score in the value category, simply because they pack so many effects of sufficiently professional quality into this little box and don't charge crazy inflation-fearing prices in a post-bailout economy. Harmon has diversified so much that they should not be afraid of Federal Reserve insanity. This MAP price is mostly fair considering the depleted value of our fictional fiat currency. Manufacturer Support: Before I buy any digital-doohicky, I always call the maker's support lines first. During business hours, you can actually get a person on the phone at Digtech. I make it a habit to call several times at different times on different days. On two out of three attempts, I got knowledgeable staff who answered fairly detailed technical questions. I could not subtract more than two point for the one time I stumped someone their, as my question was particularly arcane and esoteric, far outside of the standard script of "normal" questions. So, I rate Digitech's support as an "A", but not quite "A Plus." Still, that's MUCH better than other companies. The only two companies I have gotten better support from are Traynor ( Yorkville) and Tech 21 ( Sansamp.) Digidesign ( not to be confused with Digitech) absolutely sucks. Roland sucks. Fractal? ... sucks. Zoom... eh, OK for the easy stuff, average for difficult questions. So, compared to most other OEMs, that makes Digitech one of the best, though still not as great as I might want. The Wow Factor: IF: You need a all-in-one effects unit and don't mind the floor-based format, this is certainly one of the best. An IDEAL multi-effects unit would allows users to: Physically separate the control knobs and editing functions from the foot-switches to allow real-time modifications AT EYE LEVEL, either in a rack or in a amp-top unit. That would reduce the cabling issues including the power-supply nuisance of floor-based units. An IDEAL design would have ONLY ONE cable ( like a midi cable ) that supplies power and communicates with the foot-switches. That would make the foot-switch box smaller and MUCH easier to set-up. (cheaper and MORE PROFITABLE TOO... are you listening Digitech? It would also reduce stage-clutter and positioning hassles. Finally, AN IDEAL system would offer all the features of this good product, AND a qwerty-keyboard for name-editing ease. Why no one has done this yet is a tribute to the retarded evolution of copy-cat musicians and manufacturers. Get all those things right, and this would be a platinum-selling hit design. Digitech is uniquely positioned to dominate this market because this ground-breaking design is SO CLOSE to perfection. Not only that they could keep the reasonable price-point and garner extra profit by offering the qwerty-keypad option, or cellphone keypad interface. They are already bundling cubase software with these. Why not give us something we need and want that makes this easier to use WITHOUT a F'n computer? Geeks have brains, but little common sense. Tweaky dweebs can't see the forest for the trees. It's up to us musicians to DEMAND a better design with simple features. Overall: Compared to other systems I have used or owned, Digitech stuff is near the top of the heap. Considering the low price points, they are a top contender, and this is their flagship model. For convenience on small gigs, I'll keep using this until they (or someone) gets smart and includes the extra design features discussed herein. Until then, this is the best of its kind for live performance. It's ALMOST perfect.
23 of 28 people (82.14%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very Cool Product" submitted February 20, 2014

By a customer from yahoo.com in Las Vegas, NV
Music Style: Classic Rock, Metal Rock, Blues
Overall: If you don't own one of these I would recommend getting one. A ton of things to do with it and a lot of fun to experiment with.

"Great piece of gear" submitted March 1, 2013

By Strat Player in Wilmington, NC
Musical Background: Guitarist and performer 30 years+
Music Style: Rock, country rock, blues, hard rock, progressive rock
Sound: Being a tube snob I hated it...at 1st. Ignore the factory settings. They're crap for the most part. Get familiar with the manual and editing...it's super easy. Live, I only use the pre-amp models and NOT the speaker cab sims...they all suck and add this whiny, fizzy overtone to the signal. I only use the speaker sims when recording straight to a board and there they shine. Use the DIRECT setting which will be the last in line in the cab sims when using this with an amp for best results. Live I use several different amp sims going DIRECT...no speaker cab sim...to my Tech 21. The T21 only has 4 controls...vol, low, mid, hi... all of which I set at 12 o'clock, a 12" Celestion and it is transparent, CLEAN and LOUD power...NO preamp distortion and NO problem playing with a loud drummer. I use a Fender Twin model with gain at 80 for a gritty SRV tone that cleans up beautiful when you back the volume off...it's close enough for me without having to haul my heavy as crap Twin to a gig. I use the Boogie .22 cal and Marshall Plexi settings for my dirty tones along with various distortion pedal patches which this thing has a ton of. Overall, after a year of using it live and figuring out little things at each gig, I have dialed in an awesome set of cutting, versatile tones from clean to hi gain. When we play out, I often have other musicians come up to see what I'm playing through and they can't believe it when they see a modeler on the floor and they hit me up on breaks to talk about it. Now I'm not going to claim that this moves air and sounds like a Marshall tube 1/2 stack...but for ease of transport and versatility of tones and FX, you can't go wrong with this and the T21 Power Engine combination...it is really close to tube tone without the inherent problems but....expect to spend some time with it to find your Holy Grail. If you are tired of hauling heavy expensive gear around but still want good tones and a fleet of expensive FX pedals, you will find them with this rig for well under a grand. Feature: This thing has so many features I could be here awhile and write a short story...I'll spare you. The best features to me are...you can bypass the amp and cab sims and use it as a pedalboard to your tube amp if you want. It has a 4 cable connection configuration...that puts your amp's preamp in correct configuration with the FX chain, allowing you to use your tube amp without the unit 'taking over' your tone. You can use it in pedalboard mode to access and turn on/off individual FX with five presets in each bank or preset mode which gives you 10 presets in a bank....but you can't select the FX to turn them on or off. The editing interface is absolutely the BEST of ANY of the processors out there. Large window with bright red easy to see display. There's a TON of different amps, cabs, distortions, compressors, modulation FX, delays and reverbs and there is a dedicated tap for the delay. You will have to experiment to find your sounds. Start with what is familiar and go from there. If you like to tweak and fiddle you'll have a blast. It has every output you could put on a unit like this in stereo. It also has a "stomp loop" to add external FX and a USB port. My least favorite features are the looper and the pedal. The looper is more of a toy and is difficult to operate...only 20 secs too. The pedal is kind of small and I find it awkward to use but I am a big guy...I use a crybaby in front of it. I also use a Boss 9 band eq between this and the T21 to easily tweak my tone live without having to go into edit mode. Ease of Use: Read the manual. Don't expect to get this thing, take it out of the box and sound great from the get go...it isn't going to happen. It is not a toy for the budding bedroom guitarist. This is a pro quality unit and there is a learning curve but it is really easy as compared to the Boss and Line 6 stuff. That's the main reason I bought it and I tried all of the high end modelers first. You can tweak master level, amp level, amp gain and FX level on the fly with the knobs....excellent for playing live. Adjusting and balancing the levels between presets can be a little frustrating but you'll figure it out. Again read the manual. For live use the display is bright and extremely easy to see on a dark stage, and if you do need to go into the editing it is super easy to do once you have the hang of it....worth mentioning. DO NOT forget to save an edit before switching channels...It will go back into factory preset mode. :/ Quality: It is very well built all metal construction. The switches feel substantial. Some cons. The editing interface is recessed in the unit by a good inch to protect the somewhat flimsy plastic edit knobs. If you spill anything on it it's going to pool up here and you are done! This could be designed better so watch those liquids. It could also use a handle to pick it up off the floor. The switches are a little closer together than I would like them...I have hit the wrong one on occasion but I do have big size 12 feet lol...another 1/2" of space would be great for us sasquatches. Value: Being that it replaces so much gear...once you've figured it out...for less than $400 it is a super value. Manufacturer Support: A couple of email questions were answered with 24 hours... haven't needed it otherwise. The Wow Factor: It looks good on the stage. Lots of lights and it has a sleek professional look. I would replace it if lost or stolen. Overall: First off I've been playing 35 years...25 of those professional...and I play everything from country rock and blues to hard rock and old school metal. Played Boogie, Marshall, Fender and Peavey tube amps for all those years and still have them all and a fleet of pedals to boot. I play Floyd Rose equipped Fender strats with H-buckers in the bridge. I wanted to simplify and downsize my rig for smaller clubs. I bought this and a Tech 21 Power Engine 60 to play it through. Anyone using any modeling device should consider using the T21 to play it through live by the way...no added pre-amp coloring and less than $400. This combination is super versatile and is loud enough and tone worthy enough to gig with. It is very light and you can carry it in the back seat of a small car, be set up and ready to play in less than 10 minutes. It also replaced $5000 worth of expensive gear I had to pack in a trailer every show. That stuff stays in my band room now. Made my life much easier in that respect. It also significantly reduced the space I require on stage...awesome for small clubs.

"The thing rocks" submitted February 11, 2009

Music Style: Metal
Sound: The sound blows me away for a DigiTech piece. They have really changed in the last year. I originally looked at this because of the stompbox mode but ended up liking everything. Feature: stompbox mode and looper - who could ask for more? Ease of Use: I didn't like the look of the programing panel at first but quickly figured it out. The number of footswitches is what made me look at it. Quality: No complaints but have not bought it - yet.... Value: Best value out there. Close to the M13. Manufacturer Support: don't know, they used to be good. The Wow Factor: This thing is better in person. It's heavy. Overall: I can't wait to buy this and to use this live.

"Fantastic but fragile." submitted March 3, 2010

Music Style: prog/hard rock
Sound: The sound quality is pretty good. The unit is quiet and surprisingly for a multi-fx type unit quite a few/most of the patches are actually usable. I tend to play prog/hard rock with and dabble with both heavier and softer genres. This pedal can cover them and generally do a pretty good job of it. The amp/cab sims are particularly impressive. I use the unit for direct inject to mixer/desk as well as with headphones and into my Marshall Vs102. A good sound is achievable with all of the above. Units of this type will never be exact replicas/as good as the pedals/amps etc that they model but this unit does a FAR better job of it all round when compared to my aging Gt3. Feature: The unit has a plethora of outputs and more types of effects than you could shake a stick at. I'd be hard pressed to name something which I wish it had and doesn't. I've delved briefly into the manual that came with the pedal and I'm sure there are still plenty of options I haven't fully explored Ease of Use: Patches are easy to modify. I haven't used the bundled/downloadable software yet but the settings and controls make sense. Using the manual will likely help but diving straight in to using the pedal without experience was easy enough for me. Quality: This is unfortunately where this pedal falls down. To my mind the quality is only as good as the weakest part. While the bulk of the pedal appears to be well made (if somehow curiously light) with the majority of the controls being metal, the knobs/pots used for editing patches are plastic - and pretty flimsy plastic at that. The intention for this device is to be used as a pedalboard which to my mind means a fair amount of stomping and a little foot based abuse. 2 weeks after buying the unit I stumbled on it (barefoot) and in the process completely demolished 2 of the little plastic pots. No more manually editing patches for me! Keep in mind that an accident like this is likely to happen especially if you plan on using this pedal for gigs where your own clumsiness is probably the least of your worries. These knobs should be properly recessed or covered (or just a lot stronger). I can't recommend this product to anyone who plans on gigging with this unit (or intends leaving it on the ground for extended periods). If you do get one - see if you insert some bars or something around the plastic knobs to protect them. Value: Good sounds and with the feature range this unit has it would have a high rating if not for the quality issues. Manufacturer Support: I filled in customer comment form regarding my incident with the broken knobs. 3 weeks later and I have yet to receive a response (or even an acknowledgment). I'm not holding my breath. I resorted to finding a third party repairer who is luckily able to fix it (at a cost amounting to about 15% of the original purchase price - fun). I'll have to see about coming up with some way of protecting the knobs - without any help from digitech. The Wow Factor: I wanted it. Now I'd wished I'd gone with something more reliable/sturdier. Overall: The unit would have got an 8 or 9 from me if not for the reliability issues. I'm surprised that this not been brought up on most reviews before. It may have changed mind if it had as was the main reason I didn't go for the POD equivalent. I did however subsequently notice that the RP500 appears to have a similar flaw. After using my Boss GT3 for nearly 10 years without a hitch (and despite it getting pushed off stages, crushed under other gear, falling out cars, stomped on by big booted bass players) it was a real disappointment to have this thing need repairs after only owning it for 2 weeks.

When you call, mention priority code 16JD-2G7C. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976