When you call, mention priority code 176J-JS25

Rating and Reviews: DigiTech Death Metal

Get painful amounts of crushing distortion from this Death Metal Distortion Pedal. Level, Low, Mid, and High tone controls off you to shape your tone.

"A Creation of Brutality" submitted March 30, 2010

By a customer from beacon.surrey.sch.uk
Musical Background: Hobbyist/Recording Engineer/Producer
Music Style: All styles - with specific focus on all types of metal
Sound: This pedal holds the key to a phenominal distortion sound - whether you are into bands like Hate Eternal, Cannibal Corpse, Suicide Silence, Dark Funeral, or Carnifex, this pedal can cover a wide range of metal sounds to suit your needs! The three tone controls permit full control over your sound to create your very own signature metal guitar tone. Whether used through a mixer or an amp, this pedal is well worth the money! Feature: The tone controls allow a change in genre if so desired. The low dial permits a more death metal to deathcore sound whereas the mid and hi controls permit a more black metal to metalcore sound. For any aspiring metalhead, the gain from this pedal can enhance your guitar set-up either in the studio or on stage. The only negative point, which is to be expected with all guitar pedals, is the lack of memory bank to store presets - which can be problematic when trying to recall that killer tone. Ease of Use: This pedal boasts care-free operation. It is very easy to use - four dials with an on/off footswitch. To engage the distortion, simply press the pedal and to bypass the unit, press the pedal again. The dials are level and tone controls - which are easily editable. Quality: This product can stand quite a lot. It is a dependable unit that is very well made and there are no worries about deterioration after a year of ownership. Value: This pedal is a bargain and well worth the money! Manufacturer Support: Digitech are willing to support if there are any queries or problems - although I have never had the need to use the service. The Wow Factor: I would use this pedal above my set up of POD 2.0 or software distortion (Propellerhead Record). It is my number one choice! Overall: I expect to remain satisfied with this product for the foreseeable future. I would not change anything about this pedal, but maybe the installation of a memory bank would be quite a good idea.

"KILLER BUY!!!" submitted December 16, 2004

Musical Background: Active member in a band
Music Style: Rock and Heavy Metal
Sound: This pedal is extreme. It fits my playing style perfectly. It has, by far, the meanest, nastiest distortion of any pedal I've used. I like to play heavy metal like Metallica, Pantera, Lamb of God, you know, that kind of music. And I'm here to tell you, this type of music sounds freakin' scary on this pedal. It's the best, period. Feature: Sadly, I can't give this pedal a ten when it comes to accessories because, well, it just doesn't have many. But seriously, this pedal doesn't need anything more than what it has. You know, keep it simple. As far as the features that it does have, though, they're flawless. Quality: This thing is built like a tank. Nothing about it is cheap. I can see this pedal being with me for a very, very long time. Value: This pedal is worth ten times more than what you'll pay for it at a typical music store. The Wow Factor: What can't you like about this pedal. It's so simple, yet so sleek and well built. Overall: I don't think this pedal will ever get boring. It's just so much fun to take your favorite song and put the freakiest twist of your life on it.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"100% ROCKAGE" submitted September 12, 2006

Music Style: Metal, Rock, Industrial, Experimental
Sound: So far, this pedal has turned every amp and guitar I have used with it into a destructive powerhouse of metal tone. You can actually do a fairly versatile range of distorted tones with it. With a few minutes of messing around with the controls, you can go from thrash metal to industrial rock. The only distorted tone I can't get on this is a good trashy punk sound. But, if you play punk, I don't know what would possess you to buy a "Death Metal" pedal. Feature: It came with the niftiest little booklet, detailing how to get some good tones out of it instantly. Their presets are actually very nice, which is pretty rare in the world of music. It would have been nice if it had come with an A/C adapter, but hey. Your average 9V battery lasts quite a while in this little beauty. Ease of Use: If you use a lot of pinch harmonics, this is the pedal for you. Even a fairly weak pincher like myself can sound pretty amazing when playing through this. It should be noted, however, that unless you are looking for a black metal shriek or for nothing but solos, you MUST TUNE DOWN. I find that standard C yields a nice, evil, chunky sound. With this pedal, the more drastically you tune down, the more crazy-cool it will sound. Quality: Built like a brick. I couldn't believe how much this thing weighed when I first got it. The only things on it that aren't metal are the knobs. Value: When compared to seventy to a hundred dollar Boss distortion pedals, this one sits quite nicely, but then you've got Danelectros that cost fifteen bucks. That being said, this is probably the dopest pedal that you can get in it's pricerange. I dropped the fifty on it, and there has not been once that I have regretted that. The Wow Factor: Well, it's black and has blood on it. I'd hit that. Overall: If extreme distortion is your thing, this is pretty much the best product out there short of rack-mounted effects. Go for it!

"The best Fricken Pedal in The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted December 10, 2006

By a customer from outdrs.net
Music Style: Christian Rock/Metal?Alternative
Sound: Face-Melting Distortion without sacrificing tone-clarity... AWESOME!!!! Feature: Sick!!! The dedicated mixer output makes running through Pa SO much easier... Ease of Use: This Fricken thing even gives you a booklet with sick Presets.. Quality: So Far it has taken Heavy Abuse... I have only had it two days... Value: Great Bang for the Buck... Great deal... No need to save up for those big processors... When you can get better for a poor man;s budget... Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with them... ( HOPEFULLY I WON'T) Overall: I own a Digitech RP50, A Boss Multi-Effects Processor, A DOD Grunge pedal and Boss Distortion Pedal. This one kicks the heck out of all of those. I bought it yesterday, Tonight I plugged it in and played through it with my Bronze B.C.Rich Warlock(Tuned to Drop B),and used my Ross 40 watt practice amp. Set the EQ on the "Knife's Edge" Setting and it offers Face-Melting Distortion Without sacrificing clarity. With most Distortion you can't hear note-changes. With the Digitech Death Metal pedal you can rock out loud without sounding like nothing but static...
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"THis is death metal distortion to heabang to." submitted April 29, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: active musician trying to start a band.
Music Style: metal, hard rock, grunge, metelcore, just about anyting to headbang for.
Sound: This distortion is not going to be top notch quality because it is only $50. But that does not mean it is not good. THey really mean it whent they say they ripped the distortion nob off at eleven. THis pedal has only one distortion setting and if you are looking for something to play metal with and don't want to spend a lot this is just perfect. You can play thrash, metalcore, grunge, just about any style of hard rock and metal. Feature: It's a distortion pedal. It also has three eq nobs and has a connection for a mixer/recording device which is useful. Obviuosly it has a amp input. IT gets an 8 for the recording/mixer input. Ease of Use: How can it be hard to use? Quality: Well it is built of metal and probobly wont break unless you try to break it. Value: It is good value and for the price it is amazing. Manufacturer Support: Never had any problems with this product so I do not know. The Wow Factor: IT's all black with red letters that don'e look like they were typped on and say death metal. Overall: This is amazing. IT is just a straight forward pedal no two direction turning on a nob but thatis also kinda bad if you're looking for tone control but the pedal is still amazing.

"Death to all Defiliers" submitted August 2, 2005

Overall
Sound: shouldn't change the sound Feature: other than missing a ten-band built in equalizer ( which no distortion pedal has) nothing is missing Quality: has the ability to tear through things with screeching highs and buldgeon people to death with its great lows Value: can't find a less expensive pedal that has the same destructive force that this one has Manufacturer Support: didn;t need any help but they offer a warrenty, in my mind that is the best support The Wow Factor: yeah, it is definatly a want for anyone who would like to see what powerful distortion is Overall: Great pedal, it really is the most deadly distortion in the world.

"DIGITECH DESERVES A REWARD FOR THIS BEAUTY!!" submitted December 16, 2007

Music Style: Hard Rock
Sound: Digitech has created the most extreme distortion i've ever heard with the Death Metal. It's got a good punchy bass, but also has an amazing highend treble, which is good for a lead player in a hard rock band. You can create so many different sounding distortions with it too. I've managed to get mine to do, Heavy Metal (of course), a more grunge style tone, fuzz, and its really good for solo's on a slower style song. Feature: This pedal doesn't really need features. The only feature it has being able to define your distortion to get your own unique sound. Which is very good. Ease of Use: Just playing around with the low-high end ranges on the pedal is all you have to do to get this pedal to sound how you want it. It's the easiest pedal I've ever used. Quality: It's simply amazing. I've threw it on the ground as hard as I could (an on-stage accident), I've jumped on it, and there's not a scrath or anything wrong with it. It's just like new and I've had it over a year. Another thing I like about this pedal is that I've havent yet had eletronic trouble with it other than having to buy a noise suppressor to keep the feedback down, but that's the case with every distortion pedal I've ever seen. Value: YES! YES! YES! It's MUCH cheaper to buy than any Boss distortion pedal, and sounds better too. Manufacturer Support: I've always dealt with Digitech with my sound pedals, and I havent had a problem yet, so they get a 10. The Wow Factor: The look of the Death Metal goes along hand in hand with the name. Just looking at the pedal you can almost already feel your ears bleeding, and yet keeps the simple box-style set up thats easy to use live. Overall: I WILL USE THE DIGITECH DEATH METAL DISTORTION FOREVER!!

"This pedal = a little piece of hell" submitted May 27, 2010

Musical Background: Just a guy with hope and a guitar
Music Style: Hard rock, Metal, Everything 'cept rap, hip hop, and R&B
Sound: When you first get the pedal it will take some time to get the sound you want but when you find a good sound, this pedal screams. Feature: Cant really say much about features....it has 4 knobs..BUT whateva! It sounds badass. Ease of Use: Pedals are easy to use usually...Plug it in and....slam a chord. The end. This pedal is really easy to use. Quality: Its made of ALL metal...me and my bandmates were waiting for our bassist to get here so we played catch with this pedal. Still works like a charm. BUY IT Value: Dude....50 bucks. 'Nuff said. Packs a freakin' punch. Manufacturer Support: Can't say....never had to use them. The Wow Factor: Dude. If it was a human I would ask "Can I stick my guitar cable in you and play you all night?" Overall: OVERALL this pedal is one of the best i've heard, and trust me, theres alot of BULL pedals out there.

"Great SOLOING Pedal!" submitted November 22, 2004

Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: The sound is so loud and clear, for true soloing and busting out! Feature: You basically have an EQ too. Quality: If you like to mess with the neighbors, you got to get this pedal, it's so cool when they can't take it anymore. Value: It's one of the cheapest distortions you can get on the market, only 49.99, minus the discount you can get at Guitar Center. The Wow Factor: Even the color is so cool, dark black and red. Overall: Just go out and buy it! You won't regret if you like to play loud.

"The Best of the 6 or 7 distortion pedals I went through" submitted May 31, 2009

Music Style: power metal
Sound: I've tried Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Digitech Grunge, Krank Distortus Maximus and many others and none could even touch the Death Metal. It's perfect for people who like extreme power metal but I only give it a nine on sound because if you go anywhere off the setting suggestions that are in the DigiTech catalog that comes with it then it sounds like s*** and that sucks for me because I usually have everything at 10 except mid-range and, the setting suggestions just aren't metal enough for me. Feature: 9 because where the f*** is the gain knob!!? Ease of Use: It is very easy to use because the knobs aren't so sensitive the if you touch them it goes from 0 to 100000 instantly Quality: 10 because it's built like a f***ing tank!!! Value: I bought it for I think 60 or 70 bucks and I coudn't believe it after I tried it out because I would have payed hundreds Manufacturer Support: No support needed AT ALL The Wow Factor: I love it because it is my two very favorite colors. Overall: Overall it is a KILLER F***ING BUY!!!!!!!!!!!

"Not versatile, but does its job incredibly well." submitted February 6, 2008

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Metal
Sound: When they say that this is the most extreme distortion ever, THEY MEAN IT! Really. If your looking for a "vintage" or "botique" overdrive that "lets your guitars personality shine through", then this isnt your pedal, but if you want a distortion that will blow your windows into poeces, then this is your pedal. This baby GROWLS! This baby ROARS! This baby RUMBLES! And you can get an 80s sound on steroids if you crank up the high end a bit. Take away the mids for a thrash-approved scoop, and turn up the lows and feel the ground shake! Not as good as the MT-2, but still a high quality distortion stompbox. Feature: Ill mark this pedal down here. Heres why: its missing the most essential part of any distortion stompbox - THE GAIN KNOB! So if you want versatility, go somewhere else. But its not meant to be versatile. Its meant to do its job, which is BE HEAVY, and it does that job very well. Unlike the ML-2 Metal Coore, theres a mid knob here, so you can scoop out for thrash or boost it for solos. Ease of Use: Four knobs = easy to work with. Its that simple. Just like the pedal itself. Find your sound and JAM. Quality: Im not sure how DigiTechs hold up, but its metal, so Ill give it an 8. Value: $50 for a not-so-versatile but brutal distortion pedal. If your a metalhead guitarist on a budget, this is quite the pedal. Even if youre an expert, this is a good pedal. Just pair it w/ a Tube Screamer or a Boss Blues Driver or even DigiTech's own Hot Head for versatility if you have cash to spend. Manufacturer Support: Very helpful. I went to DigiTech w/ problems on my X-Edit for my RP350, and they were fast and helpful. Im sure its the same here. The Wow Factor: I try not to give out 10s, but LOOK AT THIS THING! ITS RED! AND BLACK! WITH THE WORDS "DEATH METAL" WRITTEN ON IT IN RED! Its SICK!!!!! Overall: This is a great distortion pedal. Its cheap, sexy, and BRUTAL. But, its not for everyone. Blues players, overdrivers, or tube freaks will HATE this pedal for lack of versatility. For them, Id buy one of the pedals I mentioned in the "Value" section. But for metalheads, ROCK ON!

"LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted July 16, 2007

Overall
Music Style: METAL, THRASH!!!
Sound: this pedal has face melting distortion!!!! and you can easily create your own sound with the high, mid, and low knobs. this pedal is HEAVY i can get a LOT of bass out of it! just wish it had less feedback and less of a buzzier tone when your not playing. Feature: wish it had a gain knob for when playing not so distorted songs, but besides that it allows you to really make almost any sound! Ease of Use: SIMPLE!!!!!!!! just turn knobs lol!! Quality: made like a tank!!!!!!!! Value: worth every penny!!! i paid $50 bucks for it i would pay a hundred!!! Manufacturer Support: love digitech!!! The Wow Factor: love the look nothing pink and pretty about it!!! BLACK AND RED!!! Overall: i'll definately keep this pedal as long as it's working!!!!!!

"ya its good!" submitted March 2, 2005

Musical Background: band/hobbyist
Music Style: rock and metal
Sound: it is a good good heavy sond with a multible setting for the distortion. if you set it right you could one note or chord for almost 30 seconds. if you are in heavy sounds and death metal this is the right petal for you. Feature: the petal comes with it all. you could connect up your guitar, amp, and a mixer up at the same time. Quality: man this petal will last you forever. it is made of metal and every part of it is well fitted and out of the way. for example you could press the petal without having the fear of hitting the switches. the petal is also compact and is about the sise of your hand and could fit in your pocket Value: ya its very good for the price and the good thing about it is that if you dont like it you dont have that guilt feelin that you spent like 250 on it Manufacturer Support: i dont know, i have not had a problem yet The Wow Factor: this thing will make your music sound more professional for even the most somplest stuff you play. Overall: ya its good if your in heavy death metal sounds

"metal fans on a budget !! heaven has arrived !!" submitted February 2, 2007

Overall
Sound: mad crazy sound man if ur into any kind of metal this is awesome its one helluva beast ... beware !! not for the weak hearted itll scare the sh*t outta u ... if u like rock then go for something else ... the sound is really heavy man just like the name suggests ... i absolutely love it ... slight feedback is there though but thats prolly coz i got a cheap (in price) guitar and amp Feature: perfect controls ... enough features for a single effect pedal ... ac adaptor would have been nice though Ease of Use: bloody easy to use ... youll need an iq of < 10 to get confused with this baby Quality: fit/finish is superb its very sturdy and strong ... after world war 3 this'll be one of the few things still around Value: like i said above if u like any time of metal (and there are 100s of em today) then this is da bomb ... !! its real good value for money The Wow Factor: its black and has 'death metal' written in red flames and dishes out loads of super heavy crazy distortion ... wat more could you want from a pedal Overall: its the best pedal for metal distortion ... nothing else comes close to it now. nothing will. rock on.

"!!!!!!!WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted March 29, 2005

Music Style: Punk, Metal (all kinds) and emo
Sound: Awesome distortion, just about as strong as it can get. Feature: It has a basic equalizer, but then it doesn't need anything else. Quality: Use want distortion, this thing will make you wet yourself, if oyu want to hear it at its best then plug into a bad*ss stage amp. Value: Excellent value. Manufacturer Support: - The Wow Factor: Very sexy. Overall: I order you to buy this before you die.

"DIgitech death metal distortion" submitted April 20, 2006

Overall
Sound: this pedal is a versatile death metal distortion pedal,you can make it really low and "metally" sounding or chunk it up to a nice all around heavy sound,and obviously you can adjust it in other ways because of the versatile controls Feature: the one thing that was dissapointing is that it didnt come with a power adapter Ease of Use: easy to use,manual has controls wich it tells you to set it,easy Quality: youd have to be superman in a tank to destroy this!! Value: for the money its aboslute value Manufacturer Support: ive had no problems with it since having it about a year,like i said..it would take superman in a tank to damage it The Wow Factor: its a good sounding pedal,i doubt youd find better for the money you pay for it,if you like metal ANY kind of metal you wont be dissapointed Overall: does exactly like it says on the pedal

DigiTech Death Metal Customer Review submitted September 1, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist/Technician for my band.
Music Style: Black Metal
Sound: Flexible Sound, for ANY kind of Metal. Also, it's the best distortion EVER. Feature: Well, if your amp dosen't have or have good effects such as Chorus, Clean, Etc.. you will have to buy something else with this. This is only distortion. For me, it's the only thing i needed. Value: I got it for 70$ Can, and it's a bit too high. But hey, it worth it. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. Overall: This is the best brutal sound ever. You play death or black metal? You are searching for the best sound? Buy this. The sound is flexible. The battery use is great, and any great 9V AC Adapter will rock the Death Metal Pedal.

"HellYeah!" submitted March 7, 2008

Music Style: metal
Sound: Super grungy death distortion. Will shake the walls all night long! Ease of Use: Super easy to use and fun to look at

"distortion that will rip your head off." submitted March 12, 2006

Overall
Sound: Some of the heaviest distortion out there! Feature: Could use a gain control. but i like the EQ. U can dial it in to get that just right sound U need. Ease of Use: very easy to use. Quality: Made of metal, Should last awhile. Value: not a bad price Manufacturer Support: has a warrenty The Wow Factor: I pluged it in at my local guitar store and with in minutes decided to buy it. Overall: If u like Death metal u will like it. takes some adjusting of the EQ to get the sound u want but the sound is a nasty distortion great for the sound i want.

"FREAKIN AWSWOM!!!" submitted February 5, 2007

Overall
Sound: the wildest distortion that ive heard. a noise gate would be cool though cuz it gets buzzy when you stop playing. Feature: like be fore a built in noise gate would be cool. Ease of Use: its as easy as steping on a pedal!! the knobs are great for the tone shaping Quality: great weight. i like how they made it heavier so it wouldnt slide around while you play. the only thing i would improve on this thing is its battery life. it only lasted like 3 days. SO BUY THE ADAPTOR!!! Value: best 50$ i ever spent. Manufacturer Support: havent dealt with them and i hope not to but i dont think that i will The Wow Factor: every metalhead should own one(if you can play guitar) Overall: great effect pedal!

"The Best Death Metal Distortion EVER!!" submitted June 10, 2005

By yomama.com
Musical Background: Heavy Metal Guitarist
Music Style: Metal
Sound: its awesome Feature: yea everything u need Quality: in great quality! looks as if just made in the box and great controls Value: its worth every penny Manufacturer Support: they are easy to reach The Wow Factor: 10 because chicks like guitars and love the sounds Overall: i love the sound the quality and everything u gotta get this pedal!

"if you want to sound like slayer or any other hardcore band buy it." submitted July 7, 2007

Overall
Sound: if you want to sound like your amp is a burning wall of raw power this pedal is for you. Ease of Use: easy as hell Quality: as good as any Value: cant beat it. The Wow Factor: its a good looking pedal not sexy. Overall: its the best ive played.

"This is what metal should sound like" submitted March 17, 2006

Musical Background: Producer, recording engineer, and musician
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Hip-hop, and funk
Sound: THIS is Metal. An awesome distortion that has that particular metal dege. Feature: Standard digitech features. It's nice that you can make different tones. Ease of Use: Easy to use Quality: Built tough Value: Great product for the price The Wow Factor: c,mon, you know you want it. Overall: Great pedal for metal or rock.

"BUY THIS PEDAL...GREAT FOR THE MONEY!" submitted October 7, 2007

Musical Background: Play for fun
Music Style: Thrash metal, black metal alternative...all rock
Sound: This pedal really screams, and i play everything from Becoming the Archetype to the Chili Peppers and this peal can do all in between definitely worth way more than it is Feature: It didn't really come with ant features i wish there was a gain knob but oh well Ease of Use: just like any other pedal...just turn the knobs until you hear what you want to hear Quality: i can see this pedal lasting a long time, pretty durable Value: its worth it Manufacturer Support: its digitech, i cant complain i have never had a problem with them Overall: this is my favorite distortion i have

"You might be excited by the name or other people's reviews but do not buy." submitted August 12, 2008

Musical Background: musician
Music Style: Thrash,Metalcore, Hard rock, other stuff.
Sound: When they say they ripped the distortion nob off at 11 they mean it. But that is really the only good sound about this distortion pedal. Yeah the distortion is great but the sound sucks. The low has no crunch and the treble nob is even worse. The treble is supposed to boost the high notes, it does but the more treble you put on the fuzzier the distorion gets. I don't use mids really but the mids are fine. Overall the distortion is great but is really fuzzy and has no crunch to it. This pedal does not sound so great when you jam with other guitarists who have pedals that have a crunch to the distortion. Also the high ends are high but give no tone to the highs. This pedal will only sound good to beginners who only have heard their crappy amp distortion or have not heard other pedals. Feature: I guess this has really good features. Well the only good feature is that it has a output to record with. I think the pedal sounds better when it is recorded. Does not sound fuzzy. Ease of Use: How hard is it to use a pedal. Plug it in and play with the nobs. Quality: I would have to say this pedal is extremely durable. If you drop it it will not be a problem because the pedal is all metal casing. Value: Its just the lowest average price out there. I have not seen it higher but neither have i seen the price lower. Manufacturer Support: never had to use support. The Wow Factor: Well this thing looks really cool. I will admit that the first time I saw this pedal I wanted it because it looked really cool. Overall: I was amazed at the sound at first but then later when my friend got his Metalzone pedal I realized that this pedal sucks because it is just fuzz but was still better than the amp distortion on my then fender amp. Later I got an Ibanez amp and I like the distortion on that amp better than the DeathMetal pedal.

"Is this the best distortion Digitech or the others can make" submitted March 7, 2005

By a customer from MSN.com
Music Style: Guitar music, purified, not sonic mush
Sound: Like I said. The best distortion or overdrive I ever heard was in my amp from Sears. I still think the Death metal pedal is one of the better distortions or overdrives I have heard, but not as good as my Randall built amp's overdrive. My amp was modified, but it is no longer in this world. Feature: they should of put in a presence control! It would probably have had more growl. Quality: I haven't been extremley pleased with the tone, but the construction is solid and sturdy, I will probably have it for the rest of my life or the rest of my guitar playing ability. Manufacturer Support: If you need support operating this, then you probably don't even know how to play guitar! The Wow Factor: At least it's not pink or purple! Overall: I was very satisfied when I first plugged it in, but then I was just jamming with Billy Joel, not playing my own riffs, once I started playing my own riffs on it I knew it wasn't all it is cracked up to be, because I don't play chords. This pedal would be better for chicken-pickers and string-ticklers who like making a sonic mush of sound. I think the engineers and technicians from the effects companies have got to stop applying their knowledge of acoustic guitars to electric guitar, because they are not the same instrument, if any of you think they are the same, then you should pull your head out!

"This thing screams Heavey Metal" submitted December 28, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist 11 yrs experience with Guitar
Music Style: Classical, rock, Heavy Metal
Sound: I have had this one for a few years now. I can say it is VERY heavey. The heaviest distortion pedal I have ever come accross. Its is what the name implies. Death Metal all the way. I find it best suited for Van Halen, Metalica, Damage Plan etc... I also found that if you really want amp blowing heavey distortion like Type O Negative or heavier then chain it with a Russian Big Muff. Feature: As others have said you can add a mixer. It is quite simple you have a Level, a Low, a Mid, and a High knob. Any one can get the sound they want with a little tweaking Ease of Use: As I said above very simple I give it a ten for ease of use. Quality: Its made of metal. very sterdy, very stompable. Value: The quality and sound is awsome, and did it cost less than $100.00. Manufacturer Support: I guess its good.....I havent ever needed any. The Wow Factor: If you play Metal You NEED this Pedal Overall: I cant say it enough this thing ROCKS, its cheap, greeat quility and will be with me for a long time.

"Awsome pedal!!! I highly recomend it!!" submitted November 25, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: musician in a band playing guitar for almost a year im advanced and people think ive been playing for 2 or 3 years and I've
Music Style: punk rock, death metal, rock and some blues stuff
Sound: I think the sound is amaizing. When i got this pedal ( mine was used i got mine from eastcoast music mall) it sounded great. This was also my first pedal. I bruoght this to my guitar lesson and my teacher, mike andrews, said it had more distortion than his boss metal zone pedal!(cost about $88) Feature: I gave it an 9 because the intput jack is on the wrong side. it should be on the left, not the right. I am right-handed and when ever I hook everything up my pedal turns aruond and the part you step on is behind the controls! Great pedal though! Ease of Use: I think it is pretty easy to use. To get a great sound you will probably need to play around with it though, but you probably need to play around with most pedals anyway. The only thing that i had problems with (which took me a while to find) was were the batery went!! but other than that this pedal is awsome! Quality: I think this product is made very well (exept for the input jack issue!) Value: I think this pedal is definately worth it! Manufacturer Support: never needed it Overall: I love this pedal! I will never get rid of it! I will get some other pedals with different effects like chorus or delay and they will definately be from didgitech!

"Eh. It's OKAY" submitted September 15, 2008

Music Style: Metal, Screamo
Sound: It's okay. When you set the equalizer to certain things it gets fuzzy. You pretty much have to keep it at one setting. Feature: It didn't come with anything. It has a level knob, a 3-Band equalizer, one input jack, and two output jacks (the bottom one for an amp and the top one for a mixer.) The knobs turn up to 11 to give it more power but that's about it. Ease of Use: It's pretty easy to use but to get a good sound out of it is a bit difficult sometimes. Quality: It's pretty strong. I've dropped it several times and no signifigant damage has been done to it. Value: The value is alright. Now that I've bought it and played on it I've realized that it's not worth as much as they list it for. Manufacturer Support: I've nver had to contact or deal with the company. The Wow Factor: When I first saw it I wanted it. It looked great. When I saw it, it just looked so agressive and dark that it was just a metal looking pedal. Overall: I'm already searching for something else. I wish that I knew that it didn't sound as well as some of the reviews said. I like the look of it but the sound is the only thing I really don't like.

"The best distortion product evah!!" submitted April 12, 2005

Overall
Sound: Good sound Feature: Looks good stays in good shape Quality: Stays in good shape Value: cheap, used or unused. Works well for starting your own pro kit. Manufacturer Support: no need to call for technical probs, unless they are probs with your own elctricity or somehting The Wow Factor: Its awesome blakc and red nice font and small for storing. Overall: Everyoneshould have this even if they have their own different brand. I own a couple and really only use this one.

DigiTech Death Metal Customer Review submitted November 6, 2007

Overall
Sound: It's good, excellent sound, especially for heavy distrotion and metal. However, it is not eexactly versatile, and would not be very good in the long run. I recommend you keep the money for a pedal which is good in the long run, like an MT-2. Ease of Use: Just step on it, and spin the knobsx until you have your desired sound. Value: Pretty good, but it is better to save the money for something else. The Wow Factor: I like the art on the pedal (Death Metal). Other than that, the glossy black is all. Overall: You will like this for about 2 or 3 years, and then you will search for another pedal with more versatility.

"Buy Death Metal" submitted November 18, 2005

Overall
Sound: This is one of the greatest distortion pedals I've ever used. Feature: It has four knobs, but who cares when it gives great distortion. Quality: It gives great quality for being around 50 bucks. Value: I love this pedal. My friend has it and he let me use it. He asked me how much I thought it was. I guessed around $150. He laughed and said it was around $50! The Wow Factor: I heard this pedal and when I played this pedal I got so into the music that afterwards I almost just dropped the guitar and went down to go buy myself a pedal. Overall: I think it's worth 50 bucks. 50 BUCKS! You'll be sounding pretty good when you open up the windows and let the music take you over.

"Sweet!" submitted March 15, 2005

Musical Background: Active Guitarist
Music Style: Rock, Hard rock, Punk, Metal
Sound: Great tone and sustain. Very versitile! Feature: The high knob has tremendous range! Quality: Looks great, sounds awesome! The Wow Factor: awesome blood graphics!

"HORRIBLE!!!!!!" submitted November 4, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist SHREDDER!!!
Music Style: Metalcore, Thrash, Neoclassical, Progressive metal.
Sound: I play Thrash metal, Prog metal, and Neo-classical styles, and this pedal sucks for all them.. When i palm mute i can never get a nice tight chugging sound. The distortion is waaay to fizzy and crackly. I cant get hardly any good sounds ou of it. Feature: The features aren't that bad.. It's Mid, Low, High, and volume level. The thing that sucks is NO DISTORTION LEVEL!!!!! I cant play mellow, or get even more distorted for solos. This pedal just pretty much sucks. Ease of Use: I can't get any good sounds. But a three year old could figure out the controls. Quality: This is the only good thing about this pedal. It's frikkin' indestructible!!! Value: Sucks Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with DOD or Digitech...... The Wow Factor: Pretty cool lookin'! Overall: Get a Boss metalzone, metalcore, or MXR Dimebag.

"Very good pedal for a reasonable price" submitted September 3, 2007

By a customer from cableone.net
Music Style: heavy Metal
Sound: Great sound Ease of Use: It is very easy to use Quality: It works very fine, and is made out of metal, which is nice. Value: It is worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Don't need it. Overall: I will keep this for a long time, i would have bought a boss distortion, but that is out of my price range.

"Pretty cool" submitted October 3, 2008

Musical Background: I do a gig occasionally
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Sound: It has a cool fuzzy sound Feature: It has level, low, mid, and high knobs for adjusting your tone. Ease of Use: You step on it and the effect comes out lol Quality: After just a few weeks the light indicator wasn't working so well, but other than that, everything's fine. Value: It's 49.95, that's probably the least you'll ever have to pay for a pedal Overall: This is a good pedal for starters, but you'll need to advance soon. DEFINITELY try before you buy. This thing eats up 9-volts quickly, so get one of those things that... uh... takes the space of the... battery.

"Don't Buy Replicas Fiero does not equal Lamborghini" submitted August 22, 2009

Overall
Sound: BOTTOM LINE A CHEAP REPLICA OF THE ORIGINAL DOD FX-86 DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP, I THOUGHT I HAD BOUGHT A D.O.D. THEN REALIZED UPON PLUGGING IT IN THAT IT WAS NOT! TOOK IT BACK AND TOOK MY ORIGINAL DOD FX-86 (broken) TO AN ELECTRONICS SHOP AND HAD IT REPAIRED FOR 23 BUCKS! Feature: if they are going to copy something it should be everything from the sound to the blood splattered case to the knobs saying...pain, scream...etc Ease of Use: what you expect from a stompbox Quality: again what you expect from a stompbox Value: that replica lowered my respect for Digitech Manufacturer Support: who has actually used this? The Wow Factor: none Overall: that is if you keep it long enough

"This thing Rules!" submitted November 16, 2004

Musical Background: Band Member
Music Style: Heavy Metal
Sound: This thing is awesome. it gives you versatile sound mixed with rock-awesome distortion. this is the sound i've been waiting for. Feature: Level and three-band equalizer, couldn't get any better than this. I have a friend that has the Metal Master and that dosen' compare to the awesomeness of this kick@$$ pedal. Quality: This thing is so durable. I abuse my pedal to no end but it always seems to outlast me and never loses the perfect sound it started with. Value: I bought it for about $70 and compared to other pedals in the same catagory i got a good deal. Manufacturer Support: The product was so durable and self-explanatory i had no need to call them up. So in a way they did their job and did it well. The Wow Factor: It first appealed to me because of the black and red decal. it matches my guitar and looks wicked cool. Overall: This pedal will last longer than me. i will be long dead and my decendants will find it in my attic and it will still work like new.

"Noise R Us" submitted July 27, 2004

Overall
Sound: Very heavy distortion....Thats it. It is not a pantera type power punch. Its just alot of background fuzz. If you are playing anything low all you hear is noise with no variation between frets. I took it back to the store. The boss metal zone, while more expensive, isn't a waste of $50 Feature: Just adjusts highs nd lows. Can't adjust the gain. There was no control over how much distortion I wanted. What you get when you stomp it is what your stuck with. High and low knobs don;t really do anything.

When you call, mention priority code 176J-JS25. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976