When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-77Z2

Rating and Reviews: Deering Goodtime 2 Banjo

American-made from all maple with a beautiful blonde finish, the Goodtime 2 banjo delivers Deering quality for an affordable price -- perfect for beginners.

"good time 2 review update" submitted October 15, 2015

By larry l in algonquin, IL
Overall
Musical Background: guitar and banjo, jam at home
Music Style: Country, Christian, bluegrass, classic rock
Overall: I reviewed this banjo earlier and had a bad assessment. I would like to update review after having the banjo awhile. I was too harsh with my assessment. I still believe the arm rest was cheap for this banjo and a disappointment. There is better armrest on cheaper banjos. After I put on a better adjustable armrest and changed a few of the j hooks and put on a better set of strings, I came to get very comfortable with this banjo. It is better quality and greater sounding banjo than I first observed. This banjo grew on me fast. I now am pleased and satisfied with this banjo. I will be playing this banjo for a long time. My apologies to Deering and zZounds for the bad review I gave earlier. I should of waited awhile.

"Deering Goodtime 2 Banjo with Resonator " submitted November 26, 2015

By a customer from gmail.com in Wheelersburg, OH
Music Style: Bluegrass
Overall: It's a Deering that in itself says it all. Great Banjo wonderful company. ZZounds was very helpful and the Deering Goodtime 2 Banjo with Resonator came on time and it plays like a dream. If your new and are thinking of getting a Banjo try ZZounds they have payment plans that will work great with any budget, I know they helped me .

"deering good time 2 banjo" submitted September 12, 2015

By larry l in algonquin, IL
Overall
Musical Background: play guitar and banjo jam at home
Music Style: I like rock country and bluegrass
Overall: I researched this banjo for quite awhile. I was excited when I purchased this banjo. I looked in music stores for this banjo so that I might be able to test drive one before I purchased it. I couldn't find one in the music stores but I purchased it anyway. All the reviews I read were very impressive and was a big factor in my decision. So I take blame for a bad decision. This banjo is nothing but a beginner banjo and overpriced. I have a savanna banjo that is better and half the price. The arm rest is cheap and inadequate. It was the first thing I threw out and ordered a better armrest that is adjustable. Had to change the strings the ones that came with it sucked. Had to order some new j hooks because the 2 that made the armrest work are different than the rest and were impossible to tighten after taking the cheap armrest off. I was definately disappointed with this banjo. I'm wondering now how much it's going to cost me to make this a workable banjo. I like my savanna a lot better but I payed to much for this poorly made banjo to ignore it. I would take a long hard look at purchasing another deering banjo unless I was able to try it out first. zZounds is still my go to music store, it's not there fault I made a bad decision. Final analasysts, overpriced cheaply made beginner banjo.

"Deering good time banjo 2" submitted September 20, 2015

By J K in Piqua, OH
Musical Background: I play guitar and banjo for 10 years
Music Style: Bluegrass
Overall: Great banjo. Hand made quality. Beautiful sound. Good price easy with 8 payments

"Absolutely fantastic banjo!!!" submitted May 15, 2015

By Dennis P in Pittsburgh, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Classical guitar,Mandolin,Ukulele,Banjo,Lute,Harp,Concertina,Violin,Electric cello
Music Style: Classical,country
Overall: I purchased the Deering Goodtime Two banjo as a second one to take to festivals and not risk anything happening to my 108 year old Bacon professional banjo. I did my homework and researched the Deering company with the wonderful video workshop tours on line. The Deering Banjo company is very approachable and the representative I talked to was friendly and very helpful. I liked the fiddle shaped headstock but I did not think geared guitar tuners looked right on a banjo with a traditional shaped headstock. Since the peg hole is3/8 inch it is very very easy to change the guitar tuners to high quality five star planetary geared banjo tuners. There is nothing wrong with the guitar tuners, they are rugged smooth and very good quality. I just wanted to keep this banjo more traditional looking with the regular banjo tuners. I ordered the tuners before I received the banjo. When the instrument came, all I can say, what a beauty! The workmanship is flawless. It is apparent to see the Deering Banjo company takes real pride in their instruments. This is something that is hit or miss in a lot of companies these days, especially for a reasonable priced instrument. I do not refer to the goodtime 2 banjo as a cheap instrument, there is nothing cheap about the workmanship or quality of materials used. It is just a reasonably priced instrument that just about anyone can afford. Now the playability, tone, appearance is all A+. The Goodtime Two exhibits simplistic beauty at its best. The natural color of maple is an honest beauty all of its own. The tone is absolutely authentic with great clarity and range. I actually like the sound of a banjo without a tone ring. The tone ring adds brightness but also a little bit of sharpness to the quality, timbre of the sound. This ,of course is a very personal preference. In terms of appearance, ease of playing, quality of construction, and fantastic tone what more could one want from a musical instrument? Now since the Goodtime is so reasonably priced, it is classified as a"good beginning" instrument. That is because beginners can afford it. In terms of everything else this instrument could be your one and only for life. I think it's that good. Professionals have recorded with it. If you want more filigree that is a whole world of very expensive banjos to choose from. Listen to Jens Kruger play the same piece of music on many different. Deering banjos. The Goodtime hangs right in there with instruments costing six or seven times more. My Goodtime Two is so good I will be purchasing a good hardshell case for it. I had my eyes on a Deering Sierra, and may someday purchase one, but then I would not be playing my Goodtime. At any rate, you can not go wrong with a Deering banjo. This is a fantastic company.

"Solid little Banjo" submitted January 10, 2016

By Steve H in Graham, NC
Musical Background: I play guitar and piano professionallly. Playing 50 yrs
Music Style: Country
Overall: This is a solid little banjo. Plays very good. Sounds good. No frills. Built to be affordable. They saved money building it in the right places. Banjo is my fourth instrument. It will last years. Good enough for beginners to intermediate players and a little beyond. You won't be disappointed. Took mine out the box, tuned it and started playing. Good buy.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-77Z2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976