When you call, mention priority code 160X-DY9H

Rating and Reviews: Denon DNS1200 Player

This powerful DJ CD/MP3 player from Denon features a touch-sensitive scratch disc with the feel of vinyl as well as a built-In sound card (USB Audio) and MIDI interface.

"Denon makes a small unit with big features" submitted October 27, 2008

Musical Background: Dj
Music Style: House, Undergroung, Disco
Sound: The sound of the unit is great. It sounds like any other cd/media player on the market. If compared to the pioneer cd/media player, it sounds the same. Feature: This unit has all the effects of the other denon cd/media players. The effects are flange, filter, and echo loop. The platter effects are dump, reverse, and brake. All effects are on beat when applied. The effects have a very natural sound. The unit has loops, and a sound card for hooking it up to a pc; so you can control most dj software. It also has a usb slot for external media useage. Ease of Use: Everthing the unit has to offer is easily useable. The unit has a learning curve. If you do not understand how certain things work. Read the manuel. In time all the features useability will come. Quality: The unit is put together about the same as the pioneer. Both units are plastic. The platter on the pioneer may be a little nicer; but the unit cost $200 dollars a piece more. The denon is a bit more compact; if your limited on space. The cost of the pioneer just shows pioneers ego. Value: Compared to the pioneers $200 a piece more price. The denons are the best value in this segment. The denons do everything the pioneers do for less money. Manufacturer Support: Denon has always made a good product. The units they make rarely break. I never had to use support. The Wow Factor: The denons have the ability to play cds, media, and control dj software. What more could you ask for. Overall: Denon makes a player for people who can't afford the pioneer player. The differance is the denon can do everthing the pioneer can do. It also has a cablen called d-link. This allows both players to be linked to each other. The #1 player has the same song list, when using a flash, hard drive, or ipod as player #2. The only reason why pioneer charges so much is because of their ego.

"Powerful but flimsy" submitted April 12, 2009

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: House
Sound: The sound is amazing. Feature: There are tons of features! You'll discover one everyday! Ease of Use: This thing is not easy to use. You either have to play around with it for a while or you have to read the instructions manual. Quality: This CD player is very reliable. The buttons feel a little cheap and the platter could be a lot better (like Numark's for example) but it's a solid unit overall. Value: The price is fair considering all the features of the player. Manufacturer Support: I e-mailed Denon and they answered back very quickly. The Wow Factor: The look of this unit is horrible. It looks way too serious but, it works! Overall: Positive: - USB/iPod playback - Small and compact - Very reliable Negative: - Buttons and platter could be better - No 6% pitch, only 4% or 10%

"After a few months, "BAM..GOTCHA!"" submitted February 21, 2009

Music Style: Hip-Hop
Sound: If you can get it to work! Feature: Feature wise, it's a nice little unit. It does have some nice effects (read the description for the correct list) and the pitch control is great too! I produce music, I I think the features this thing has complement my MPC very well. Ease of Use: It is easy to use.. no need for the manual, except when connecting to the computer. I wasn't able to figure it out. Thought it would be a simple USB connection and locate the folder where the music was. WRONG. Not sure if my S-1200 is acting up, but it won't play MP3's off a cd either. Only off the flash-drive, or if connected to a computer. Quality: It's made fairly well. The platter is nothing more than a piece of plattic.. kinda flimsy. Other than that, the build quality isn't bad at all. Value: I paid $450 for this cd player, and I bet I won't get $300 for it used. Get the pioneers instead. Manufacturer Support: I haven't tried to call them because I have too many problems with this unit.. to the point that I'd rather sell it and buy something else. Who buys products to deal with it's problems. Denon..how about selling something that works right out the box. My money works in your pockets, so your products should work in my studio! The Wow Factor: I WANTED it..now "I want it" SOLD!" The S-1200 totally sucks. Overall: At first, this thing was great! I loved it, but slowly, it started acting up. I've probably played a total of 30 cd's in the last 6 months of owning it, and now, it will only play 2 out of 10 cd's! I'm not talking scratched cd, but perfectly clean cd's! No marks, no scuffs. 8 out of 10 times, I get "DISC ERROR" messages. Sometimes, when all I want to do is go to the next track, it will just sit there. Sometimes, when I try to eject a cd, it won't eject it. Loading off the USB is like downloading from a dialup connection! It takes a long funkin' time! This unit is WAYYY to unpredictable to use on stage. It playes when it wants to! I've had cd's that played, and then when you re-insert the SAME DISC later, it won't play it! I think Denon installed a "GOTCHA" chip in this thing. After a few months, it just craps out, and they Denon gotcha money. I recommended the S-1200 to a friend, and he's having the SAME EXACT problem. If your S-1200 isn't acting up, then your "Gotcha" chip probably hasn't expired yet!

"You get what you pay for1" submitted October 22, 2008

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: All the above
Sound: The sound is great, nice quality, it plays CDs, and mp3s in flash drive Feature: This unit is packed with features, from pitch control to instant looping. The only thing that I don't like about the unit is that the jog wheel is little cheap, and there is a plastic disc in top of it and you can customize it until the dns100. Ease of Use: It was little hard for me to understand the looping features, and how to connect it to PC using MIDI.Other than that pretty straight foward. Quality: you get what you pay for. If compared to cdj from pioneer then you can just throw this unit in the trash! Cheap looking platter, although it is touch sensitive, only the plastic part turns, and not the whole jog wheel it self. Value: I think you can get Pioneer cdj 200 for about the same price, although the cdj does support MIDI, and flash drive, but you can get quality, and nice features. Manufacturer Support: The only support I used was the Denon DN S1200 forums, which give you introductions on how to get a new firmware. The Wow Factor: I had to return the product back to the shop, because I thought it was not worth the price! Overall: It's an okay unit, better than the previous version (denon dns1000) but there is room for improvements, the cue and play button is made from rubber, but the whole unit looks cheap, and easy to break. I say you can get quality for the same price or less.

When you call, mention priority code 160X-DY9H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976