When you call, mention priority code 175M-X0L6

Rating and Reviews: dbx DriveRack PX with Mic

Auto-EQ your room with the measurement mic. Suppress feedback and limit peaks. Extend bass response with the subharmonic synth. The DriveRack PX does it all!

"Awesome DriveRack!" submitted July 28, 2011

Musical Background: Mobile/Club DJ, Sound Installer
Music Style: House,Dance,Techno,Trance, Electro, Latin, etc.
Sound: The sound is clean, clear and detailed. It improves the bass response of any speaker. Makes any speaker sound its best. Feature: It is full of features eliminating the need for extra outboard gear. It is 3 or 4 units in one. Ease of Use: The auto EQ is awesome. With a little reading of the manual you can set up any system. The included mic lets you set up to any room's acoustics in minutes. It doesn't get any easier than that. Quality: The quality is top notch. DBX products are built with quality. Value: For the sound, quality, price and what it does, the value can't be beat. Manufacturer Support: Have not had a reason to call support. The Wow Factor: A must for any DJ or Band using powered speakers. Overall: I bought the DriveRack PX for my powered speakers to simplify my set up. It has done just that. I was already familiar with DBX since i have the DriveRack 260 and PA for my passive system. No need for extra crossovers, EQs, compressor/limiters, feedback control or real time analyzers taking up rack space. This unit does it all. With the included mic you can set up your system to any room's acoustics in a matter of minutes. For a Mobile DJ or Band this very useful and important. Great job DBX and Zzounds. I ordered the DriveRack PX 7/25/11 and got it 7/26/11. Just awesome!
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Driverack PX" submitted November 6, 2014

By Max F in Tillamook, OR
Musical Background: 45 years semi-pro guitarist and soundman
Music Style: classic rock, prog, acoustic jazz/Celtic/fingerstyle
Overall: I just completed my first gig with these running in place of the EQs and compressors I had in my rack before. This is a system for a power-trio classic rock band in which I'm also the guitar player and which mainly consists of a pair of Carvin PM 15 475wrms speakers driven by a Carvin DCM 3000 power amp. I had never been able to get enough headroom before feedback with the old EQs I was using...now with the Driverack PX units in there (one for monitors and another for mains) this system sounds better than it ever has before, and actually received comments from the audience about how great the sound was. On one or two occasions when I did hear feedback sneaking in, I could hear the filters quash it almost immediately...awesome! Its too bad these are being phased out for an upgraded version that costs twice as much, but even given the price increase, this is an economical and far superior way to manage room acoustics, feedback and headroom. BTW, no problem using this with unpowered speakers and a power amp...simply patch it as any other EQ unit and works perfectly... wish I had switched to these a long time ago

"All you need ! Amazing !" submitted July 14, 2010

Music Style: Rock/Classic rock
Sound: Wow, I just picked up one of these at a good price and it is simply an amazing piece of gear, Once all the parameters are set the sound is pristene, No clipping, ZERO feedback at far past unity gain, just awesome! It is worth the time and effort to learn how to use this unit trust me. Feature: Ok well it has features galore! I have replaced everything in my rack with just this! A compressor/gate, A 31 band EQ, A feedback destroyer pro and a bbe 362 sonic maximizer...all down to this unit alone, the subharmnic synth is awesome and brings great punch to the bottom end! The limiter compressor feature just adds to that! No worries about blown speakers or annoying feedback, this unit has the best feedback destroyer I have ever used, its so super fast and so easy to use! Simply put, this is the only piece of rack gear you need, I now have in my rack, this unit, a powerconditioner and a power amp, where I needed 8 space rack before I am down to 4.Dont forget also this comes with the RTA mic?? valued at $100 alone??? Its a great deal! and DBX outdid themselves here Ease of Use: In the wizard mode its very easy, it gets more complex in the manuel mode, since I do not have speakers that are listed I had to do mine manually, in the end all worked out fine but it took some time so be patient! Quality: seems very solid and well made I have no issues and I use it live on the road! Value: Considering the amouint of rack gear this replaces, its a no brainer, its worth $400 all day long so its a great buy, even if you baught cheap behringer $99 dollar gear you would spend over that to get all the features of this unit, Its a great Buy! Manufacturer Support: Called DBX once and they ansered my call right away and took care of my question? what more can I say The Wow Factor: If you want trouble free all in one signal processing, yes you want this! Overall: hopefully a long time, if it were to break i would replace it ! DBX quality is great.
28 of 31 people (90.32%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nice addition to our rig and great price!" submitted September 25, 2014

By Bruce Grogan in Victorville, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing bass for 30 plus years and doing sound for 15 Years.
Music Style: Most styles.
Overall: I owned a Driverack 360 with a another rig that used Line Array equipment and I really liked that setup, so I bought this unit for a smaller Powered speaker system I use. So far I like it a lot, it sets up easy and after you use it a couple of times and the layout becomes familiar, it is very easy to use. Just the feedback suppression section is worth it weight in gold! The only con is that it does not connect to a laptop for an easier view while you are using....but it does a lot for a small price.

"Smart Unit" submitted July 28, 2014

By Timothy H in South Pasadena, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been a keyboard player/vocalist since 1973.
Music Style: Classic rock, jazz rock, R & B
Overall: We have a small powered 3 way system for a 90 piece Chicago tribute band. The Driverack is a great all in one device to take care of feed back, eq, limiting and compression. It is very simple to operate and gives the speakers a terrific sound. My only complaint is naming presets can be a bit of a pain because of how you access. I also only gave it 4 stars for manufacturer support as I have not had any experience with them yet.

"Worth every dime" submitted October 17, 2013

Overall
Overall: Awesome piece of equipment..... There is a learning curve, but if you can read you'll be fine. I use the DBX for live sound and pre-recorded music and WOW what a difference this unit makes. Clear cutting high's and hearty lows. Buy it ... you wont be sorry.

"Didn't think I needed is till I used it" submitted August 26, 2014

By John Ramsey in Bridgeport, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Played drums and guitar for most of my life and a DJ for over 27 years.
Overall: Man this thing improves the sound of my K12s and KW181s so much. Yeah I knoew they have their own built-in crossover and limiters.....but this thing gave the sound so much extra depth and clarity. I suggest you try it with your powered speakers. You'll be a believer!

"So far, so good" submitted November 5, 2014

By G. MAlik M in Atlanta, GA
Musical Background: Sound tech
Music Style: Christian, Gospel
Ease of Use: Setting up wasn't to bad. I had to go over the manual a few times just to make sure I was doing things right. Value: I was able to combing an EQ, compressor and limiter saving me space and $$$ until we move to a permanent location. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact them for anything yet. Overall: I purchased the unit to save on space. Our church is housed in an interim location and we don't want to break down and set up a bunch of gear. The dbx DriveRack PX Speaker Optimizer did the trick.

"Amazing" submitted September 15, 2014

By moshe c in philadelphia, PA
Musical Background: Ive been a dj for over 10 yrs
Music Style: house music
Overall: You will be able to hear the difference in your speakers as soon as you hook this up. Without a doubt it is worth the money.

"My PA System has never sound better!!" submitted June 20, 2012

By Edward M in Brownsivlle, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Full time cover band musician/band leader almost four years. Drums/Vocals/Keys/Guitar/Bass/Sound/DJ
Music Style: Club/Dance/Hip Hop/Latin/Disco/Funk and so forth
Sound: We play a lot of newer DJ-esque club music, and keys and low end are important. After running the EQ feature, I still raised the sub levels to get the low end closer to the 2/1 sub to main ratio without having had to purchase another set of subs. Once I get more subs, I am sure I won't have to fiddle with anything. Feature: I haven't actually gone thru all the features yet, I was happy with the set up wizard. Ease of Use: EASY Quality: Seems so Value: It is far worth more than it is sold for considering paying a sound guy over the course of four gigs will pay for this unit. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with them The Wow Factor: The reputation Overall: I have always been eyeing the DBX Drive Rack PX for about a year, but never had been able to save up the money for it. I am a full time musician/bandleader in a cover band that has been slowly piecing together a decent PA system. Further, I am the drummer/vocalist/sound guy/sequence programmer/DJ of the band as well, so I am pretty hands on when it comes to having the band sound as great as possible. Anyhow, I've always had problems getting the right punch out of my kick (mic'd w/ a beta 52), much less the overall low end of the keys and bass guitar. Thanks to the payment plan, which was actually spread out over 8 payments because I also ordered a QSC K10 (8 month payment promo), my sound quality has increased twofold. I get compliments from musicians and club patronage about the kick drum and overall mix of the band. I am usually behind the drums so my cans limit my overall mix, but the other night, I let someone else jam on my set while I stood up front and I was blown away with how great of a job the DBX had done in polishing off sound. Mind you, I only use (2) Behringer powered 18" subs w/ (2) dual 15" Harbingers. I've used black duct tape to cover the logos on the speakers, so I am pretty sure people that don't know better must think I have a lot more money invested in equipment than I actually do because of that DBX. I hired and fired sound guys because I couldn't get the sound I was looking for, but the DBX literally did everything I was trying to do without having to hire a sound guy.

"dbx DriveRack PX Speaker Optimizer - As advertised!" submitted June 16, 2014

By JOHN LEHDE in ALOHA, OR
Overall
Musical Background: 40 Years of playing & writing & 30 years of recording & producing. I play many instruments.
Music Style: I played, produced & written just about all types of music.
Overall: I purchased it for a high school choir that has always had problems with feedback & getting levels set for optimum in the various venues they perform. I was going to help them get it all set up and functioning well but with a quick read a student running sound had it up and running the day after I gave it to them. Immediate improvement in sound and choir performance 2 days after putting it in their system.

"DBx Drive rack" submitted September 24, 2014

By DJ S in Detroit, MI
Musical Background: I've been djing for 10 yrs
Music Style: hip hop , blues , country, electronic, rock
Overall: The dbx drive rack worked great for my studio monitors but the powered speakers that I use for gigs couldn't be used with it...nevertheless its an awesome thing to have for a mobile dj using a powered rig!!

When you call, mention priority code 175M-X0L6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976