When you call, mention priority code 175G-MMKJ

Rating and Reviews: dbx AFS224 Feedback

Stop feedback from stealing the show with dbx's AFS224 Feedback Eliminator. Ultra-narrow 1/80th-octave filters notch out up to 24 problem frequencies, fast!

"Perfect for the soundman who has minimal time." submitted February 11, 2009

Musical Background: Small Venue Sound Man
Music Style: Punk, Rock, Folk, Blues, Ska, Metal, Funk, Country
Sound: Filters are a little audible and it does color the sound. Feature: Very simple design, but quite useful. Fixed filters for ringing out the monitors, Live filters for any feedback surprises during the gig. Live filter release times. And filter Q width options. Ease of Use: Read through the instructions and practice with this unit a few times before you use it live to get the hang of it. I can ring out my monitors in under a minute with this device (12 fixed filters on each channel). Quality: First thing I noticed was this thing is solid and heavier than expected. Compared to other effects units I have that are twice the size are half the weight of this unit. DBX makes high quality everything. Value: For me this device is worth its weight in gold. It is easy to use and it allows me to drastically increase the headroom of my monitors in less than 5 minutes time. I bought the B Stock and my unit looks, performs, and was packaged as if it were brand new. Manufacturer Support: works like a charm haven't had to deal with support. The Wow Factor: I wanted something to help me manage my need for louder monitors with limited time from unloading the van to the show is in full motion. Overall: In my sound situations (on the fly and in a rush) there is no time to ring out the monitors propwely with an EQ. The less howling cat noise the better in front of audiences and customers in bars and small venues I operate in. With this unit I can ring out the monitors in less than a minute. Sometimes I have to let feedback ring loud for a few seconds before the filter catches it but usually when set to "music low" it catches the feedback suprisingly fast. This unit has allowed me to run my monitors over 30% louder (judged by volume knob positions)with no feedback. Because this does color the sound I would not recommend it for mains, only use it on monitors. I think the coloration is worth it in the end if the performer can hear themselves and are happy. Professionals talk down about these devices and are against using them, but professionals usually operate in a professional environment where they have more time to do everything correctly. This unit is no where near as effective or as good as a 31 band EQ and properly ringing out the monitors, however, this device has helped me do things as close to correct as I can in chaotic sound environments. I usually have about 30 minutes from the time I start unloading the van to the time the show starts. I need all the time I can get for sound check and making sure the FOH is perfect.

"Wow amazing and it works!" submitted July 19, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Cover band
Music Style: Classic rock
Sound: This unit does not affect the sound much if it all, I only use it on the bands monitors ande the only thing in them is vocals, I us the medium setting Feature: Just the amount of features I need, this unit is very easy to set up and run. It has a selectable filter width for high music low music medium music and speach...I find the medium works the best for me Ease of Use: This is where the DBX shines ! I have owned both Behringer units and they were awefull and complicated to set up and I could never get those to work right so I gave up sold them and just ordered this, I had it up and running out of the box in ten minutes reducing all my monitor feedback and gaining me half more volume db headromm whatever it was fantastic! Quality: The build quality is exelent and its made and built for the road I see no issues at all with this unit holding up on the road and thats why I got one, I play small clubs and bars and am constantly moving stuff Value: In my opinion if your a weekend warrior like me whom plays local clubs and bars this is an ABSOLUTE must have! You can forge3t about your feedback worries and thats worth every penny to me, I use the driverack px on my mains and use this unit on my monitors...I struggled with nagging feedback long enough thank god for the AFS ! The behringers sat unused in my rack I should have baught the dbx to begin with, Its a great value and if your not a trained pro this will save you tons of valuable time, especially when you load up and set up and only have 40 minutes to do it! The Wow Factor: You dont want this....You Need this!! Its that worthwhile an investment, the best feedback surpressor made, please dont do what I did and spend 99 bucks on the behringer thinking it must be the3 same what the heck?? nope wrong its not, this unit will make you smile!I Overall: I feel like my feedback issues are over now, I am the sound man of the band and also the drummer so I cant baby sit an EQ all night or worry about the singer getting to close to a speaker, this thing is the best piece of equipment in my rack!
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"AFS224 -- The pinnacle of Feedback Reduction." submitted April 26, 2011

By a customer from nps.k12.nj.us
Musical Background: Engineer
Music Style: Hip Hop, Rock
Sound: I use the AFS224 in my live sound rack along with a Driverack and a DBX S Series EQ. Beofre using this I owned the Beheringer Feedback Destroyer. The DBX destroys it on all fronts. The amount of feedback it reduces compared to the F.Destroyer isn't even comparable. Also the sound quaility is great. Although it does cut some frequencies when removing feedback. The key is to balance a good sound with ample feedback reduction. Ease of Use: It is so easy to setup and use. Even if it is your first time using it, you will be up and running in minutes.

When you call, mention priority code 175G-MMKJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976