When you call, mention priority code 172B-HFJL

Rating and Reviews: dbx 166XS Compressor

Polish your sound with the fully customizable settings of the dbx 166XS dual compressor/limiter gate.

"Exactly What I needed" submitted May 26, 2013

By Vanessa N in Sedona, AZ
Musical Background: 40 Years - Keys, Guitars, French Horn, Clarinet
Music Style: Classical, New Age, World/Eclectic, Jazz, Blues, Rock,
Sound: Fortunately, there's no 'sound', per se. Although with extreme settings, you can get an almost special effects quality to certain signals you run through it, the DBX 166xs doesn't color or distort my sound in any way - what goes in is exactly what comes out, just with the appropriate attenuation I set. Feature: Well, it's a compressor. So its feature 'set' is fairly straight-forward and simple. My older compressor doesn't have a Gate, so I'm getting used to tweaking that just right. Additionally, the 166xs offers a sidechain insert which a very new thing for me. As yet, I haven't incorporated this function. With this, you can link the compressor to an equalizer or other processor to get really specific with frequency-based compression. That's a very nice addition that, for me, gives this compressor some attractive expandability. Ease of Use: Very simple and straight-forward. The included manual gives you some good hints for different applications based on instrument, or whether it's in studio or live. Quality: Solid construction. Knobs don't feel cheap or plasticky. The way the sound comes through suggests the internal construction is well thought out and built. Value: Absolutely, this is worth its price. Especially considering that as of this review, DBX is offering a very nice rebate. Manufacturer Support: Although I gave this a 3 1/2-star rating, I simply can't speak for DBX's customer support. The 166xs is brand new and came without any defects, and my older DBX (a "Project 1" model 262) has never given me any problems. The Wow Factor: For me, the appeal of this product is in the smoothness and clarity with which it compresses the sound. It doesn't just work as advertised, it does so without coloring your sound (unless you make some very extreme adjustments) - that means a LOT to someone who loves her piano. Overall: I'm expanding my recording studio and needed more dynamics processing. I have an older DBX Compressor that has served me well for years, and will probably still be working a fears after I'm not! Having been a satisfied customer with DBX, it seemed natural to give them the first shot in my upgrades. So far, I'm greatly pleased with the 166xs.

"dbx xls 166" submitted November 25, 2013

By a customer from gmail.com in Methuen, MA
Musical Background: Playing for 27 years
Music Style: Gospel
Overall: I received this on time, seemed to work very well.

When you call, mention priority code 172B-HFJL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976