When you call, mention priority code 1547-ZH22

Rating and Reviews: dbx 160A Compressor

Outfit your studio with the dbx 160A, a compressor limiter that's part of the world-famous dbx 160 series.

"DBX: Da Best!" submitted August 7, 2006

By a customer from aloha.net
Musical Background: Active sound man
Music Style: Easy listening, rock, country, jazz, and reggae
Sound: I used it for the mains and wow, it does a super job at compressing peaks. I can't desrcibe the sound to as you have to listen to it because it sounded so good. People never knew I was using a compressor and thought I was a very good sound man. But give DBX credit too; what a super compressor. Feature: Soft and hard knee compression worked the best for me. This is a top quality product you must have if you're a sound man. Unquestionably the best compressor I've used. Ease of Use: At first I used recommended settings and it worked just fine. As I used it more, I had my own settings. Not hard to use at all. Quality: You gotta hear the sound; just remarkable the way it makes my mix sound. It saves my equipment too from zealous vocalist and musicians who think they sound good by singing and playing music too loud. The DBX just makes the mix sound better. Super top quality product. Value: The best if your on a budget or not. Manufacturer Support: I wouldn't know. This product worked so well I never needed support. The Wow Factor: It's ok; but I'm more concerned with how a product works and the DBX 160A works well. Overall: I'm sure there are other compressors that are good but I'm very satisfied with the DBX. It's the only one I want to use for mains and individual channels.

"ONE OF THE FINEST PROFESSIONAL COMPRESSORS, BAR NONE, AT ANY PRICE!" submitted July 29, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Professional Signed active musician.
Music Style: Rock, Pop Rock, Folk Rock.
Sound: Sounds as good as any UA compressor, or Neve, etc... Feature: Great for guitars, acoustic, and electric. Mains as well! Ease of Use: Plug and play. If you are a chimpanzee you can operate this unit. Quality: Very well made. Just so you know, to me a 10 is Military grade. So, it is dame close. And it will hold up for years. Value: On of the best sounding and operating compressors in the industry, used on countless platinum Albums, for $400 bucks. Come on. Sucks----NOT! Manufacturer Support: Excellent support. Always there to help. I spent 45 minutes on the phone once, and they even asked if I needed anything elso at the end of the call. Very Professional service. Hey, it's dbx! The Wow Factor: Very cool appeal and great reactions from my customers walking into my recording studio and seeing the dbx160A. Overall: Always, and forever.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"DBX 160A" submitted June 18, 2012

By Lucas A in Sacramento, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 40 + years of playing, currently playing professionally four times a month. I run to pre-amps/ stereo power amp and a 5 string
Music Style: Classic rock / light metal
Overall: I noticed my Mesa Boogie 2x10 600 watt bass speakers I was running for top end and effects we're moving in and out way to far (over-excursion) and distorting and I was playing at medium volume. I play a 5 string bass. I know DBX are known for quality. Since I plugged my DBX 160A in the effects loop I was able to tame the over-excursion and noticed my chorus sounded better due to it not being over-loaded and sustained longer. Three pluses by adding this to my system and it's less noisy than the 160X version!

When you call, mention priority code 1547-ZH22. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976