When you call, mention priority code 1608-P23P

Rating and Reviews: MXR M104 Distortion+

MXR's Distortion Plus pedal creates a whole mess of overdriven tones with just 2 knobs. Crank it from sweet breakup to gritty crunch to fuzzed-out insanity.

MXR M104 Distortion+ Customer Review submitted January 15, 2006

Overall
Sound: The sound is real warm, unlike alot of other pedals. It doesnt require an Eq to shape it either. Feature: Only having two knobs doesn't seem like alot but its enough for this pedal. Quality: Built like a tank, havent had a scratch on mine and its been all over the place. Value: I got mine for $99.00 Cdn. Worth it. Alot cheaper than most distortion pedals.

"Reverse Retro Rocker..." submitted August 13, 2008

By a customer from GMail.com
Music Style: Blues/Rock
Sound: I love this latest addition to my arsenal of pedals! It's so innocent looking but if you really open it up you'll find out there's a whole palette of different sounds & textures at your disposal. It's an all around great pedal, that can hang in the arenas of garage rock, punk, grunge, metal, and blues,...yes even the blues! It's got this "grit" to it that just makes a Telecaster sing, through a tweed amp! But it also has the "rocks" to allow a Les Paul to blow a hole through the wall of the house four houses down! Feature: not a lot of features on this baby, but what's there is perfect! There's an "Output" knob and a "Distortion" knob, and then there's the footswitch, other than that, there's not much else, but these few devices seem to make this pedal become a tone machine, as you can go from soft, clipping, just about to breakup, gritty, smooth, overdriven, all the way to completely fuzzed our, metal, grunge,wailing and so on. Ease of Use: It don't get any easier than this! Output & Distortion....and that's IT! You should be able to find a sound in this thing that's usable for whatever style of music you play. Quality: I've dropped this thing over 100 times and the only sign of damage is the few scratch marks to the paint job, (I'm actually thinking about repainting it in a custom color!) Other than that and having it fall from the 4th floor of an apartment in the Bronx, onto the concrete, and STILL it works, there's nothing left to say....can you say "M-1 Abrams Tank"?? Value: Are you kidding me?...you'd better buy these BEFORE someone wises up and starts charging 3 to 4 times what it's going for NOW! Like I said before I own quite a few pedals, some "boutique" and some just "fillers" but this one actually sounds better than some of the boutique pedals that go for $200 - $400!!! Manufacturer Support: I've never had to deal with them so I don't rightly know if they're good or not, but I'm going to give it a ten, because anyone who builds pedals like THIS must SURELY have a great Customer Support Department....no? The Wow Factor: I like the "vintage" look of the pedal, the color yellow actually helps give it a more 60's - 70's -ish kind of vibe, very retro looking knobs and the size & shape also help to contribute to it's "old-ness" factor, all in all it's VERY desirable!!! Overall: I love this pedal, its perfect for the beginner, or the seasoned veteran looking to broaden their palette. It's not too deep in your pockets, and it's easy on the eyes, if mine were lost or stolen I would replace it immediately! It's THAT good...do yourself a favor, and before you go and drop some serious cash for any other pedal, give this one a demo at your local dealer, I PROMISE you, you WON'T be disappointed!
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Try this baby before buying a new amp." submitted August 27, 2008

Musical Background: Obsessed
Sound: I'm a Strat player and this pedal gave plenty of "oomph" when I wanted to turn that warm stat rhythm tone to strong lead authority--I accidentally stole my first pre-script Dist+ at a confused multi-band gig and my dark side kept me from trying too hard to find the owner when I felt what this pedal did with a strat though a JCM800 and I still play and use it with the bottom-plate duct-taped. This pedal is a soldier that can keep strat-oriented guys from needing the Les Paul's elevated gain characteristics. If you need more buzz get a fuzz face but for my music this pedal pushes a good tube amp into the heaven zone and I have not even TRIED a rat or a Sparkle Drive because this one does the job credibly despite its low-tech ugliness. Get one and feel some joy! Eddie VH used this in the day as well, but most players can get good dist/boost in their signal chain using this stomper without needing a new amp or pickups.

"i really enjoy this pedal and i think it is a great deal for everyone trough beginers all the way to pros you should buy it if y" submitted December 27, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: active musician in a band lead guitarist
Music Style: grunge
Sound: i like the sound but it could be a little bit better but it is worth buying it is a great beginners pedal and i think that it is awsome if you like a heavy metal grunge sound Feature: it should have more effects but other than that it is great Quality: it has an awsome quality it is made out of metal and that is one reason i bought it for her is because she is rough on things and i dont have to worry about her breaking it and all of the knobs work perfectly and it is very well built Value: yes it is a great deal Manufacturer Support: well i havent had to talk to them yet so if i do i hope they are a perfect ten because i really like this product and i would hate it if they where a bad company The Wow Factor: well i think it is pretty cool but it does look like your average pedal and yellow is a color that really stands out so i think that making it yellow cought people eyes to buy it Overall: i like it overall and if i lost it or it broke i think that i would just buy a differnt one just so i could test it out because i like change and i just like to see if htere is any thing better out there yes it really does help my music out it gives it a better sound for my band and i like it alot and i dont thik that i will break for quit some time and if it does i will simply buy another peadl

MXR M104 Distortion+ Customer Review submitted March 5, 2004

Overall
Sound: its good to play in choruses, verses, interludes, and they help you with some solos. but if you wanna play advanced solos, you may need to add a slight distortion pedal like me. i hope thats common tho. Feature: its good. you can make it as quiet or loud as you want and only two knobs needed. i also dont have a problem with it not turning on like i do with my ibanez TS7. Quality: its yellow and heavy enough so it wont move around when you step on the damn thing. Value: well, its a lot of money and its pretty much worth it Manufacturer Support: I am a big fan of MXR effects. The Wow Factor: no sex appeal. but i just want it.

"It's Alright" submitted March 22, 2004

Music Style: Pop Rock, Punk Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock
Sound: its got that strong fuzz + distortion to sound heavy. I use an ibanez tubescreamer TS7 and the MXR M-104 Distortion + pedal. i use the ibanez for smooth sounds and then i turn on the MXR while the ibanez is still on to do some heavy sounds and solos. Feature: It only has two knobs and that is really much all you need so you wont go thru having to turn all these knobs. Quality: its made well because i dont have problems with it not turning on whenever it is stomped on since it always goes on. sometimes when i step on my ibanez, it doesnt turn on, but a majority of the time it goes on. Value: it is a bit expensive but it's worth it anyways. Manufacturer Support: well, i give it that because i didnt need anby support by MXR because i support them enough. The Wow Factor: its a good addition to my setup of pedals. Overall: overall, good enough for at least what I do.

When you call, mention priority code 1608-P23P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976