When you call, mention priority code 15GJ-KNBD

Rating and Reviews: MXR M101 Phase 90 Pedal

Plug in and freak out. The M-101 Phase 90 adds a shimmery velocity to leads or a dramatic swoosh to muted playing, and works well for many instruments.

"Classic Effect Pedal!!" submitted March 6, 2012

By Ricky R in Greenville, NC
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for about 3 years at home
Music Style: Blues-Rock, blues, R&B, Soul, Jazz Fusion
Overall: I love this pedal. I can easily see why so many guitarist chose to use this secret weapon. It helps make my guitar playing sound epic and timeless. Nice and sturdy little device with the classic orange color. I'm mad that I didn't decide to get the Phase 90 sooner! Buy this pedal and you won't regret it!!

"EVH SOUND" submitted April 30, 2012

By ERIC EVANS in SCOTTSDALE, AZ
Musical Background: working cover bands
Music Style: Metal, hard rock, blues, rock, classic rock.
Overall: Been playing in cover bands for over 30 years... Love Van Halen, and this is "The ED Sound." It's the stomp box that really gives you that Van Halen sound. No need to spend more on the 5150 model, or a vintage version, as this more than fits the bill. I also use this on other (guitarists) tunes when I want a little "color" on my solos. Plus, the thing is indestructible, heavy duty metal, not a chepo, plastic box that could easily break.

"The classic" submitted July 20, 2014

By Happydog P in New Orleans, LA
Overall
Overall: You really don't need a vintage one. This one is as good as the ones "back in the day," and don't let anyone's nostalgia trip fool you. If you want the same phaser sound as Gilmour got on "Breathe," this will make it. The EVH sounds are already testified for by everyone else. You can spend a lot of money on an expensive box that claims to give you "the original sound," but this is the original sound. The rest of them? You're paying for extra knobs and fancy paint. Get this and make yourself happy.

"wow" submitted March 22, 2014

By chris horen in san tan valley, AZ
Musical Background: pro
Music Style: Metal
Overall: Gr8 sound from a classic effects pedal !!

"Phase 90 - what every guitar player needs" submitted October 5, 2004

Overall
Sound: It is smooth phase sound with a very unique crunch to the sound that no other pedal really matches. The speeds are diverse, and easy to adjust with your foot on the fly Quality: the only problem is that the foam on the back of the pedal for traction peels off and breaks up pretty quickly. only bad if your hand is on the backside of the pedal alot. annoying, but no effect on performance. Value: best value of any effect i own Overall: i wont replace this pedal

"OI BUDDY LOOK ERE'... now that i have your attention plz read my comments" submitted June 22, 2005

Musical Background: guitarist
Sound: Just like Dave Murray of Iron Maiden Feature: Just is Quality: Never find a better tone or sound Value: Reasonable price, should be lower so more people can purchase it and enjoy its brilliant sound Manufacturer Support: Brilliant The Wow Factor: Dont matter to me what it looks like because the sounds blows you over board! Overall: Make Dave Murray proud and buy this.. If your looking for new sounds with your guitar buy this!!!!

"15 years of orphan phase love." submitted July 12, 2004

Music Style: Punk, Blues, Metal, Rock, Some Jazz...you know, guitar stuff
Sound: This pedal works seamlessly with both my distortion and my overdrive. it sounds really wierd with other modulation effects and that's really not my style, but you might like it that way. (it may be wierd, but it is definitly quality wierd and not noisy) With only a clean amp this pedal (at about 11 o'clock) will ad a nice quirky chuck to your playing with an almost chorus flavor to it. Distorted, this pedal will almost Wah for you when you bend. It's truly a great tool to have and I'd love to take this time to thank my dear friedn theo for letting me "borrow" it...15 years ago!!! I quess I can assume that it's mine after all this time----right??? Feature: I'm only giving this a 9 because it doesn't come with a power supply, but what does??? as I mentioned, this pedal was left at my home and calously abandoned 15 years ago. For free...it's the perfect pedal. One knob...one switch and a 9volt and you are dialed in folks. Quality: Dude..one word MXR. Lemme teel you a little story. I come from an area of New Jersey Known for the hardcore skater/ bmx/ punk underground. In the 80's, all the (now) big bands cam through a little wealthy town known as Montclair New Jersey, and they all played a little cafe/ sandwich shop called SOMETHING DIFFERENT. a legend had been passed down over the years that a fight broke out one night and a kid was hit in the head with an MXR pedal and is STILL a vegetable!!! Now...I'm not condoning pedal violence om anyway, but it's good to know that you can sound good AND walk the streets alone at night with your MXR pedal. Value: I don;t understand the nee for the phase 100....this pedal takes care of all your phasing needs and you will find more and more uses for it as you grow as a guitarist. Hell... it will even hold up your rocking chair when you get old and need a good stopper. Manufacturer Support: i will officially say N/A because this thing cannot be kill by conventional weapons or any know diseases. You will never need them and I guarantee that it's one angry dude that never gets phone calls. The Wow Factor: gotta tell ya...it's a quiet cool at best. It's ugly and only a mother could love it. It's totally orange, but it sounds like your best friend. When your girlfriend breaks up with you and you plug in with this little spud for the first time, you will forget all about her. I'd never change a thing about this pedal, and it's built like Brooke Shields on steroids...but orange. Overall: If the magic were to die, it would have happend for me already. I have gone through phases where I put ALL of my pedals away and just go straight through the amp, but this little guy always makes his way out of the tool box. You won't regret this sale. Even if you just want it for your Van Halen cover band...you will find it spreading into the rest of your songs like a beautiful little orage cancer.

MXR M101 Phase 90 Pedal Customer Review submitted October 27, 2005

Overall
Sound: Man the sound is off the charts it makes it sound like a band is playing in unison this is a must pedal for all Electric Guitarist Feature: Fantastic Nice Distinctive color

"MXR Phase 90" submitted May 4, 2007

Music Style: Hard, Bluesy Rock
Sound: Classic phaser sound. If you need reference, listen to Van Halen's "Erution" or "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love". Very cool. Feature: It only has one knob, but you probably don't need a whole lot more. Other phaser pedals have controls for wavelengths, decay time and other effects. If you just want a phase sound, this is it. Ease of Use: One knob. Just step on it already. Quality: Nothing could possibly go wrong. This is an MXR pedal. Value: Both Ibanez and Digitech have phasers in the same price range (and some cheaper) whith more controls, but this is such a classic it is worth every cent. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. The Wow Factor: Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page, Brian May, Dave Grohl, Slash (the list goes on) they all use this pedal. Why not you? Overall: This is one of the best phasers out there. This easy to use little orange box should have a spot as everyone's phaser pedal.

"Pay attn.to your boxes when you move." submitted January 11, 2004

Overall
Music Style: classic rock,blues,aggressive to a point
Sound: the perfect van halen phase,back off the swoop during regular rythym play.Enhances chords and single notes great! Feature: no accessories,no led light,just basic,how i like it Quality: i owned an original phase 90,but was mistakenly thrown out during a move!It will take extra time to remove the 4 screws for the battery compartment.I add extra foam around the battery.(for my dist.+) Value: I know its a sought after item,but the price is a bit too high for something fairly simple in this day and age. Manufacturer Support: no The Wow Factor: I want my original back!!! Overall: If i had a new one,they would bury me with it.lol

"IF YOU PLAY GUITAR, AT ANY LEVEL ITS A MUST HAVE PRODUCT!" submitted November 17, 2011

Overall
Sound: ONE KNOB CONTROLS ALL MADE SIMPLE + EASY GREAT PRODUCT!!! Feature: GREAT ALL AROUND FOR ANY STYLE OF MUSIC! Ease of Use: LIKE I SAID i KNOW + YOUR PLAYING! Quality: MXR + BOSS ARE THE ONLY PEDALS THAT I WOULD BUY UNLESS I GOT IT FOR FREE! Value: GREAT PEDAL FOR GREAT PRICE! Manufacturer Support: YEARS AGO WHEN MXR INOVATIONS WAS THE OWNER, The Wow Factor: NO Overall: ONLY MY 1974 VINTAGE MXR BUD BOX IS BETTER!

When you call, mention priority code 15GJ-KNBD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976