When you call, mention priority code 143D-CK8H

Rating and Reviews: Dunlop Arbiter Fuzz Face

Get your fuzz fix with the same guitar pedal Hendrix used in the '60s. The Dunlop Fuzz Face features 2 external control knobs for volume and fuzz control.

"Cool Tool" submitted June 3, 2010

By a customer from navy.mil
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Blues
Sound: It's fuzz, pure and simple. It was designed back in the 60's when they had no idea what distortion should sound like but they wanted something new and "psychedelic". This pedal and the Maestro Fuzz Tone were the kings of the fuzz world. The tone is raw and brittle but that's what it was in the 60's and they have faithfully reproduced that. Nearly every rock record made back then had this sound on it (except the Beach Boys, but I think they lived in Candy Land or something) and every guitar player had one of these two pedals. Use it in your clean channel or with a small amount of clip and it will sound best. If you use full overdrive on top of it you'll just swamp out your tone and you'll miss what it has to offer. Buy it, appreciate it for what it is, and be happy. Feature: Basically volume and tone. I don;t think this qualifies as "features". Very cool classic round stomp case. Built like a tank. Ease of Use: Plug it in, turn it up and dial in the amount of fuzz you want. Life couldn't be simpler. It sounds better in classic amps like Fender, Ampegs, Vox, early Marshall, etc. Modern amps are too edgy and the unit will tend to sound harsh. Quality: Made very well. I have never heard of one that has broken. Value: Somewhat pricey for what it is. I could build it for under $20, so I think a lot of the price is the "nostalgia" factor. If they would drop it to about $80 to $100 it would be a better value. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. I've never had a Dunlop product fail. The Wow Factor: It's sexy if the people who see it know what it is. Otherwise it's a huge Hershey Kiss looking thing taking up half the room in your effects case. The red color is vintage and very cool. Overall: It should last a lifetime, or until you are bored with it and go back to your Tube Screamer or Tube Driver. But keep it around. You'll keep coming back to it again and again.

"Great Pedal)" submitted April 24, 2004

Overall
Sound: It is the best pedal for distortion. If you want to sound diferent and have a bit of origanality in your sound. Before I thouught it would lack power being designed in the sixties. Beleve me it doesnt Feature: Fuzz Volum no messing around around. Perfect Quality: Built like a brick. Drains batterys but this is better than I can decribe Value: IN America this product is very underpriced (compared to England) Overall: The second best pedal I own. After my origanal eighties tubescreamer)

"Fuzzy Wuzzy" submitted July 5, 2004

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Psychedelia
Sound: Its mean its nasty but with the roll of your volume knob its crystalline. Volume on full and fuzz on a quarter of the way sounds best. Feature: Volume and fuzz and an on off, dats it dats all she needs. Quality: You could run it over with a car, cool vintage "stick to the original look". Last a lifetime. Value: Whatever it costs pay for it if you want true fuzz, not distortion Manufacturer Support: i have three dunlop effects and all are mint since the day they were bought, (one crybaby from 1987!) The Wow Factor: Heard it, saw it, bought it. That simple Overall: I love it. Only tough part about getting good sound is how to dial it in so your wah wah won't sound like static, i figured it out, and so should you.

""If you like the smooth fuzz get it. if you like harsh crunch don't." submitted May 13, 2010

Musical Background: part time
Music Style: neo-classical metal
Sound: It does drain the battery faster than most petals. the smooth fuzz,of course like hendrix, was great . I adjusted the 10k adjustable pot a tiny bit and "poof", sounded even better ;to me anyways.There are many ways to get and control sounds out of this unit other than just stomp and fuzz out. Feature: no Ease of Use: you have to experiment with it a while. Quality: great. the rubber mat comes loose after acouple of months. Value: no. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: 2 knobs / at least 20 sounds that I've come up with. Overall: try ac128 transistors. but it a keeper for good.

"Fuzz Face Pedal" submitted March 20, 2014

By Charles Betz in Sacramento, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years. Recreational player.
Music Style: Blues, R&B, rock.
Overall: Rugged, basic piece of equipment . Very easy to use.

"More than Hendrix tone" submitted January 24, 2011

By a customer from netzero.net
Musical Background: active
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, country
Sound: Gave my Strat some balls. With some tweaking of both my amp and tone controls on my guitar, it's not the one trick pony many are saying it is. It certainly has the Hendrix fuzz, but you can adjust it to your own. If you're looking for a heavy distortion pedal, look at a different pedal. If you want a nice bite, I recommend it. Feature: Two knobs--volume and fuzz. Use them until you get the sound you want. The tone isn't just Hendrix. Adapt! Accessories? What did they have when they created this? Ease of Use: Know your instrument. Dial in the sound you need. Bass, midrange and tone isn't difficult. Set your amp, set the Fuzz Face, step on it, adjust your guitar pots, step again. Repeat. Quality: A big red solid disc. Value: Paid more for inferior products. Manufacturer Support: Didn't need to deal with them. So it's good. The Wow Factor: My youngest overheard me saying i got a Fuzz Face. She said it should be called a Smiley Face, because that is what she saw. Overall: I'll use it until it doesnt work. I'll get another one when it stops working.

"the one and only dallas arbiter fuzzface with germanium" submitted August 9, 2004

Overall
Music Style: classic rock,alternative, and everything in between
Sound: sounds as close to the original as you are going to get without having to buy an expensive botique pedal Feature: one word- GERMANIUM simplest pedal around Quality: nearly indestructable Value: best fuzz pedal that you will find at this price Manufacturer Support: never needed support because the thing is so well built The Wow Factor: where would the world be without the fuzz face its simple and it does its job and it sounds good too just listen to a hendrix album Overall: it goes through batteries fast

"Pretty Crappy, but Good for Hendrix Tone" submitted September 30, 2008

By a customer from email.com
Musical Background: Guitar Player
Sound: I give the sound a 9, because played through my Marshall JVM and Fender Highway One Strat, this thing gets the Hendrix ton spot on. Feature: It has a knob for Volume and Fuzz. Would have been nice to add a couple more controls in the mix for how much it cost, but they claim they built it to exact specs, so there's no getting around that. Ease of Use: A 5 year old could use it. Quality: Take it from me and these other guys, it is made cheap. I bought this pedal because I wanted hendrix tone, and I got hendrix tone so I am happy. I have never gigged with this pedal, so I am not sure how it would stand up to abuse, but from changing out the batteries, it is definately not what you'd expect from a $100 pedal. Value: I would say if it broke, I probably wouldn't get another. There are much better pedals out there to invest your hard earned money in than this one. Manufacturer Support: Hasn't broke yet. The Wow Factor: Little red circles that sit on the floor usually don't turn people on, but by hearing it, it sounds pretty good. Overall: Like I said, I would buy this pedal ONLY IF YOU REALLY REALLY WANT HENDRIX TONE. It's really sort of 1 trick pony. It isn't very versatile and no where near well made. But, if you must have that Hendrix fuzz tone, go ahead. I have also heard some people mention that the switch is on the board and that will cause it to break sooner than later. In my opinion, get something else that will serve your specific needs, because this isn't worth it ... by far.

"gets the job done but its not worth the 100 dollars. its made cheaply." submitted August 27, 2005

Overall
Sound: You can get some pretty good fuzzy Jimi-like tones but you'll have to run it with OD because it doesnt ahve enough power through clean. Quality: This is the downfall of the unit. Its knobs are plastic and its basically just a big box with a small ass little chip in it. Like a bag of chips with only a quarter of the bag full of chips. Value: It should be like 50 bucks...

Dunlop Arbiter Fuzz Face Customer Review submitted February 1, 2006

Musical Background: professional
Music Style: SRV, JH
Sound: sucks balls. thin, doenst clean up, too finicky. the old ones are GREAT!! you can build your own by googling fuzz face...i did, and its a 10! Quality: build alright, mounted stomp switch. this is an effort for them to save money i think... Value: no more than 70 for this. only b/c you can build one for 20.00 including the stomp box casing. Manufacturer Support: well, great support. sent another to me b/c this one was just too poor. kept the old one for a paper weight.

"I OWN IT, BUT I HATE IT" submitted October 17, 2004

By a customer from HOTMAIL.COM
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: FUSION, JAZZ, CLASSIC ROCK
Sound: NO DYNAMIC, WON'T WORK WITH ANY AMP DISTORTION Quality: WEAK, THE FOOTSWITCH IS ONBORAD YOU WILL BREAK THE BOARD SOON OR LATER Value: WEAK FOR THIS PRICE.SHOP AROUND FOR OTHERS Manufacturer Support: DUNLOP, MAN

"fantastic petal" submitted September 28, 2004

Musical Background: guitar player
Music Style: classic rock
Sound: the sound is awsome. i went to my guitar store and tried it out with a joe satriani sig and a tele. it sounded awsome. i have just ordered it from this website. i have and epi lp and cant wait to try this pedal out with it and my peavey blues classic. Feature: just a volume and fuzz nob Quality: this thing is built like a brick Value: this is an awsome price for this good of a fuzz petal, definally worth the $$$ Manufacturer Support: i went and tried it out The Wow Factor: its not the most amazing looking petal,but the sound is awsome.looks just like the picture Overall: this thing is wonderful. i play lots of zeppelin, hendrix, and pink floyd, this petal is perfect for 60-70s rock

When you call, mention priority code 143D-CK8H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976