When you call, mention priority code 20X-R1JX

Rating and Reviews: Darkglass Microtubes B7K

Capable of everything from crisp, clean preamp, to devastating high-gain distortion, the B7K Ultra offers a range of drive and EQ controls.

"Just What I Needed" submitted May 6, 2016

By Jack Mai in Flushing, NY
Music Style: Rock/Funk/Metal
Overall: Having heard about Darkglass from several blogs, I was curious to see what was up. The B7K Ultra is a high end preamp with massive tone shaping capabilities. I do a lot of home recording and this box is a godsend. Being able to pull such a wide range of tones out if it makes tracking so much easier. It has a very real and organic sound, like if you had 15 great amps and could mic them all up. Not the cheapest box out there but great stuff usually is not cheap.

"If you're looking for the best bass overdrive/distortion, this is where you should go" submitted February 21, 2017

By Jimmy Costanza in Seminole, OK
Musical Background: 15 years, Professionally for 11. Bass, guitar, vocals
Music Style: Heavy rock
Overall: Never received compliments on my tone until I used this box. Now, I get rave reviews every show. I'm pretty new to bass playing, although I've played guitar professionally for about 10 years. When I moved to bass I went through tons of basses, amps and pedals trying to find my tone. I wanted something that had massive bottom end, yet still had that midrange grind to really fill out a 3 piece band. I tried at least 25 pedals and nothing really did the trick. Disappointment ran the gamut of "no bottom end", "too hissy/noisy" or "not aggressive enough". I'm pretty sure I'll never replace this one. As a matter of fact, I have two. Just in case one is lost/stolen/broken. It can actually be used as direct box, and would be invaluable for shaping clean tones. Where the action is, is in distortion. Best ever. I've played bass for a little over 3 years and never really received a single compliment on my tone. Now, it's rave reviews every show. No exaggeration. Currently running a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard bass (oversized), BK7 Ultra , Mesa/Boogie M6 Carbine, Mesa/Boogie Powerhouse 6x10. One final note: I run the Attack & Grunt in boosted positions. The Hi Mid & Lo Mid switches in the middle. So, I really don't know if the the B7K Ultra is what I needed. The B7K or B3K may have given me the tone I wanted...I really don't know. The Ultra seems to have more bells and whistles than I really need, but I just went for it since I couldn't give the others a test drive Well, maybe one other note: the Distortion button top popped off. I never even put a foot on it. Just set the box on top of my amp and engage it with my index finger. I could actually still engage it by using the tip of a pick or sometimes the very tip of my finger. This happened on tour about a week after I bought the pedal. Thought I could just replace it, but It's not a regular switch. It looks like it from the outside, but not from the inside. Has ribbon cable, a plunger type actuator, etc... Darkglass didn't respond to my help request. I ended up carefully gluing the top back on the switch and it's been trouble free since.

When you call, mention priority code 20X-R1JX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976