When you call, mention priority code 16JB-CL1B

Rating and Reviews: Danelectro N10 Honey Tone

Capture the classic vibe and sound of a '60s era Danelectro with this battery-powered tone machine.

"Awesome" submitted March 27, 2012

By Rob S
Overall
Musical Background: Almost 1 year playing guitar with my church youth band.
Music Style: Mostly Christian praise and worship music. Some classic rock and metal.
Overall: I bought this amp so that I could play my electric in places where I am normally limited to my acoustic. I was just hoping that it would be as loud as my acoustic and keep up with anyone else I was playing with. When I opened it up this afternoon and pluged it in I was completely blown away by it's sound and controls. Extremely easy to use and great sounding. I can't wait to WOW everybody when I show up with this little thing cliped to my front pocket. No one will ever believe that something this small and cute could make this much good music.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"My Honey Sound Comes From My HoneyTone" submitted July 22, 2007

Music Style: rock, blues
Sound: Sound is good. There's a little vibration at high volume. Distortion knob goes from "clean" to "dirty". I can't compare to other mini-amps because I haven't bought them yet. I have been using this amp nearly every day for practicing and recording into my macbook with garageband. Headphone output is clean - no noise. The volume is quite loud when turned up all the way. I rarely turn it all the way up for fear of annoying neighbors - it's that loud. I think it could work great for street performing. Especially with the belt clip. Feature: Doesn't include AC adapter (that's ok, not sure I want another one) - will have to use my own for studio / home use. Price is right - $30 well spent - I might buy another one! Includes a cute 9v battery with danelectro brand label - could be interesting from a collector perspective. Belt clip does work - I tried it. Some of the other mini-amps have a "built-in tuner" which I think is a sine-wave generator at E in order to tune to. This amp doesn't have that feature. The "handle strap" at the top of the amp is just for looks. I can't see it really being useful. Aesthetically, it's nice. The "battery indicator LED" doesn't indicate dead battery that well. I'd prefer if it had some kind of transistor cutoff to light instead. At low battery, the unit will cut in / cut out, giving bad sound, and the LED will pulse. I'd prefer if the unit stayed completely off, if the battery were too low. Comes in a great decorative box which might be interesting for collectors. Ease of Use: Only a couple knobs to turn. Comes with good manual, but didn't really need to read it. Plugged it into my macbook and did recording with Garageband - worked fine, sounded great. Quality: It's plastic, mass-market item. It's not "hand crafted" although it does have a clean, polished look. It has a GREAT look - very nicely styled. All the girls and guys who have seen it so far have LOVED it - girls come into the livingroom and say "wow, that is soooo cute!!" Value: Definitely worth the price. There's some other miniamps that are the same price for less features. The Wow Factor: This product has great 'sex appeal'. In fact the girls think it's the cutest little amp ever. It has great vintage styling. Also, the name HONEYTONE is genius. Sound has a good rock to it also. I am sure that if I used it for street performing, it would get a lot of "that's so cool" looks. Everyone so far who has seen it, has said "I want one too!" Overall: 99% satisfied. The only thing I would change is to somehow get rid of the minor plastic-case-buzzing at high volumes. It's plastic, so.. maybe glue would do it, if I were that motivated to take it apart to seal it. Also, the unit is a little bigger than I expected from the name "mini-amp". So check the actual size. This one can't fit into the spare room of a guitar case. Get one of the other mini's if that's the goal. I think the engineers could make this one much smaller (thinner) at the expense of the fat style/look. I'm sure there's a lot of empty space inside. It would be great new feature if this miniamp included a USB output - yes - straight plug-in for the computer, like the "guitar adapters" have. It wouldn't add a lot to the manufacturing cost and it would replace the 9-volt circuitry with 5-volt circuitry.

"Wanna smile? Buy this amp!" submitted August 26, 2011

By a customer from windstream.net
Music Style: country-rock
Sound: This little amp has a great rich sound. The chart showing suggested settings shows the versatility and range very well. I play an Epiphone Dot Studio and the amp will "jangle" or give a great distortion range. Playing an acoustic through this amp is horrible if you're looking for natural acoustic sound, but some of the unique sounds that are produced could easily be worked into a wide range of "alt" music. I really hate to admit this, but if I had bought this before my $108.00 Bugera hybrid amp, I probably wouldn't have bought the Bugera. Not that the Bugera doesn't sound great, it does, but this little amp and the power supply would have satisfied me. I use the headphone feature for late night apartment playing, through a set of SkullCandy full ear covering headphones and it just sounds amazing. Feature: A cool looking Danelectro 9 volt battery is included, but I went ahead and put an energizer in it. The controls feel smooth (remember this amp is under $20.00) If it had tremelo or reverb for another 5 bucks, that would be completely ok. Ease of Use: Three knobs, how hard can it be? The settings chart is very useful with a wide variety of options, and addeding the pickup and tone settings on your guitar everyone should be able to find their swett spot. Quality: Mine seems to be solid, again this amp is under $20.00. In most reviews "on the road" means bars, outdoor venues, stadiums etc but for the Honeytone it means it will slip into your suitcase taking slightly more space than an alarm clock. If it lasts two years the amp plus shipping would have cost me a dollar a month, so that's what I'm shooting for, two years. Value: Absolutely Manufacturer Support: Unknown The Wow Factor: So cool ! It's retro looks and tiny size are both appealing and I leave it out on a shelf as a decoration when I'm not using it. Not only would I pay the price for this amp if I could make good music without it, I probably would have kept it if I couldn't make good music with it. Overall: I can see how mini-amps could be an addiction, so I might supplement it with other brands just to have a collection of cool little amps.

"First impression" submitted June 13, 2012

By Katrecha M in Lithonia, GA
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 7 yrs
Overall: I was astounded with this amp I literally jus opened the box 5 mins ago and had to write this review. It's got so much sound for such a little amp Love at first strum seriously. The color I got was yellow not so much yellow as it is cream. All in all this is worth the buy it's inexpensive an packs a punch.

Danelectro N10 Honey Tone Customer Review submitted October 2, 2008

Music Style: guitar - rock, alt, punk, metal
Sound: For the size, sounds pretty cool. its kind of "tinny" sounding, but for the $ and size very workable. Feature: I bought the AC adapter also. It worked well while it worked. Overdrive added enough crunch for in home practice Ease of Use: 3 knobs...pretty easy. Battery or AC adapter...pretty easy Quality: It worked great until one day, 6 months after purchase, my son was playing and it literally started to smoke. No, he isn't that great of a guitarist. Micro-seconds later the sound stopped. The power light comes on but no audio comes out. Value: If you want to drop $30+ for an amp that may start smoking... be my guest. The Wow Factor: Too bad this is a piece of junk. It looks so cool. I got the aqua. Even the battery (included) is nearly as cool as the amp.

"READ THIS AND LEARN THE AMAZING QUALITIES THIS AMP HOLDS." submitted August 24, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician (currently playing the electric guitar)
Music Style: Metal, Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Metal again :D, More Rock, and More Metal
Sound: This thing is amazing. For such a little thing, it makes such a loud sound. I can't even handle the sound it makes when all the knobs are turned up. Mini amp-BIG SOUND. Feature: There was nothing that came with this awesome mini amp except the battery needed to power the amp. When I got it I was all excited because I heard a lot of good things about this amp. I plugged it in and cranked it up and I was astounded by the sound. It was so clean and the distortion, wow, I thought it was great if you turn it all the way up. Ease of Use: Very easy to use this little thing. Just turn the knobs for your amount of volume, amount of tone, and amount of gain. But becareful. The higher you turn your gain, the louder the sound gets so if you live in a small area, put your volume low and your gain HIGH. Quality: This thing is made out of tough, strong plastic with a shiny looking finish. It is stil really durable and lightweight too. Value: Best of price. Cheap price but extremely loud and powerful amp. If you want something lightweight, small, loud, and cheap, looking further will be a moron's idea. (Unless you want to compare prices so you can get it for even CHEAPER) Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact the company or ask for a refund or anything yet and probably never will. The Wow Factor: The sex appeal of this amp is amazing. The lines, the curves, all very nice. It's so smooth and so amazingly beautiful. I swear when I walked by my other amp with this one, it all of a sudden turned on and made this whistling noise. Very, very, very sexy amp. Overall: This amp will be my traveling amp to carry around and will probably last me a good while. If it doesn't, I'm probably gonna get another one. Because this amp doesn't require a outlet, it is perfect for a dorm, street performing, or a little on the go playing.

"Rock the Oldies with HONEYTONE!!!" submitted May 16, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist/Active Musician
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Rock 'n Roll, Oldies, Heavy Metal, Guitar Solos
Sound: The sound is great, the perfect sound for music from the 50s through the 70s, even th 80s! It sounds real good plugged into a Epiphone SG Speical (Gibson USA Humbuckers is what I'm saying). Tip: Plug in through one of those cables that they use to connect pedals! |; P| Feature: This didnot come with anything exept the warranty and a booklet. The booklet was cool because it gave settings for diffrent tones! The gain is awesome, its got alot of crunch for such a small amp! Ease of Use: It is very easy to use. The manual is very clear, it even has drawings! Quality: It is made pretty well. I deffintly would use it on the road. Value: It has good value, compared to the Marshall Mini Amp which is $65. (I paid $35) The Wow Factor: The color rocks! If you buy the Aqua, its awesome. Also the vintage design is irresitable! Overall: I will keep this for ever and it will always be my #1 choice for taking on vaction or to a friends house. 10 out of 10!

"Super little amp" submitted March 17, 2012

By Mike D in Buffalo, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Closet rocker for 20 years. Washburn semi-hollowbody Yamaha accoustic, Fender strat, Jay turser Tele, Vox ac30
Music Style: blues, rock, alternative, traditional country (Hank Williams Sr, George Strait, Patsy Cline, so no altpop country crap) and anyt
Overall: The amp was about half the size I expected, but good things do, sometimes, come in small packages. The amp us much louder than expected, and sounds fantastic clean, and when the amp is over driven, it brakes up into a really creamy distortion. For 20 bucks the value could not be better. My son, who is just learning to play, loves it and he can "rock out" walking around with the amp on his belt.

Danelectro N10 Honey Tone Customer Review submitted March 11, 2007

Overall
Sound: It's got a pretty awesome sound, the overdrive is awesome, the clean is clean, and the middle of the road has a bit of dirtiness to it, but not overpowering Feature: It came with pretty much nothing except the amp, and a battery. No cables, no nothing. Quality: Although it's made of plastic, it can withstand quite a few drops, but the plastic makes it lightweight so you can put it on your belt. Value: Same as the fender tone-master, and does exactly the same thing. But it's not a name brand, so i give it an 8. The Wow Factor: Looks pretty awesome with it's vintage look. Overall: If a fender tone-master isn't available to you, buy this.

"N10 wins for practicing electric uke" submitted April 19, 2006

By a customer from cs.tufts.edu
Overall
Musical Background: conservatory trained in bassoon, novice at stringed instruments
Music Style: Classical/folk
Sound: Great for electric uke. Just the right frequency range. Feature: The amp does what it says it does: to provide a relatively quiet amplification for practice. Ease of Use: The controls are easy. Quality: I think the only downside is that it's made of plastic, which both decreases its weight and makes it prone to chipping. Value: I think it's definitely worth the money for what it's advertised to do. The Wow Factor: Retro look adds to aesthetics of practice sessions. Overall: I think the product will be used as long as it lasts. I hope that is a relatively long time.

Danelectro N10 Honey Tone Customer Review submitted October 1, 2008

Musical Background: Learning
Music Style: Blues
Sound: Great sound for a mini amp Feature: no nonsence easy to use. good qualty Ease of Use: attach battery plug and play Quality: second time i used it it fell less than two feet to the carpeted floor. It sustained no visible damage. but the amp no longer works. Value: another POS that will sit on the shelf because it is brand new and i cant stomach throwing it out. batt is still cood though. Manufacturer Support: The company has no contact info. in the pakaging that comes with the amp or on their website. I purshased the amp while on vacation and cant justify the $200 in fuel to return it where i bought it. Overall: I wore it out after about 15 minutes of playing. sounded great but I would sugest encasing it in styrofome and bolting it down.

When you call, mention priority code 16JB-CL1B. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976