When you call, mention priority code 155X-KH7Z

Rating and Reviews: Danelectro DJ13 Octave

Made to replicate the vintage Foxx Tone Machine, this pedal delivers fuzz with the option of octave fuzz.

"Trippy COOL fuzz/octave effect" submitted April 5, 2006

Musical Background: Hobbyist 10+ years
Music Style: rock to metal
Sound: This is a FUZZ, not a distortion!! You know that dirty screechy COOL tone that Hendrix got in some of his solos? That's what this is for, not 80's hair metal. If you like White Stripes stuff, you'll like this pedal. It sounds very good, and for the price, it's an absolutley AMAZING deal. It's a tool, just like any other, and should be used for what it is designed. Feature: It has everything it needs, but a 3-band EQ would be nicer instead of just a tone knob. Ease of Use: I think the creativity factor of a fuzz/octave effect goes over alot of people's heads... but that's not the pedal's fault. Quality: the knobs on Dano pedals seem abit flimsy, but I've never actually had a problem with them myself - just because they're called "stompboxes" doesn't mean you actually STOMP on them! Value: Danelectro gives BIG BANG for the buck - I will continue to be a repeat customer. Manufacturer Support: never needed it - that's the way it SHOULD be. The Wow Factor: an cool addition to your setup - not something you hear everyday Overall: very happy with Danelectro products, and the French Toast is a sweeeet economical alternative to the glut of "boutique" stuff out there. Just because it costs and arm and a leg, and is made by some guy in his basement, does NOT mean it's better!

"Fun Fuzz, esp for Price Point" submitted February 20, 2014

By Brad C in Fayetteville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Stringed instruments 3 years. Brass...forever.
Music Style: Belly+Electric Wizard
Sound: See above. I just wanted a basic fuzz. Sound is better than I expected. Feature: As someone mentioned, would be nice to have more EQ knobs. But for the price it's not bad, and you can travel through a lot of tonal territory with the controls it has on it. Ease of Use: Pretty freakin nice. You can find the fuzz you're looking for, or else drive up real close to it. Quality: On the downside, the knobs do fall off fairly easily. I had to replace one with the knob from another Dan pedal. Value: Great value. Just be careful with it. I lost a knob when I dropped it. That would never happen with a Boss...but on the other hand, you won't get this amount of good fuzz from any pedal at twice the price. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Gotta love the design on Danelectro pedals, especially this line of them. Great aesthetic. Overall: Very nice sound for the price. Very usable and nice fuzz. It's worth your time to play around with several different settings on this one, from "a bit of fuzz" to all the way up. Octave switch can make a big difference, depending on how you've got it set. I've gotten something as cool as a Black Angels "Black Grease" tone with it with just a solid state basss amp, this pedal, and a 60s CV Strat. I haven't ventured into Hendrix territory yet, but I think this could at least get you close to the same playing field.I got a "blemished" model for about $15 off. Can't find the blemish anywhere. Not that it matters too much either way, but the discount was nice.

"Tremendous "Bang for the Buck"" submitted January 22, 2005

Musical Background: Active muscian
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues, Jazz,
Sound: I own two of these pedals. I bought the second one just in case Danelectro stops making these pedals. I also use a Prescription Electronics Experience pedal which is simular. The PE pedal is a couple of notches up in quality, but the price is very expensive. I bought this one after reading that the circuit is the same as the Foxx pedal. I must admit, this comes close to the PE in tone and it has enormous bang for the buck factor. Turn down your tone on the guitar and enjoy the octave/fuzz. If you don't have much creativity you might not like this pedal, but then you wouldn't be playing the guitar if you didn't have a lot of creativity built into you, now would you? For excellent song ornamentation this pedal is a must> Value: The value is fantastic. I own a lot of boutique stuff too, and this one fits right in with the best pedals made. Manufacturer Support: Never needed Support.

Danelectro DJ13 Octave Customer Review submitted December 3, 2007

Overall
Sound: sounds great, a bit noisy. It sounds unique and especially good for soloing. Best for rock, trying to do blues stuff doesnt sound good because of the octave sound...sounds good with a bass if you like that fuzz Feature: the fuzz is great, e.q is a bit thin and noisy, the octave switch sounds bad and too wierd Ease of Use: doesnt take a rocket scientist theres a on-off button and 3 nobs ( volume/fuzz/e.q , easy. Quality: could be heavier plastic pedals break easily and tend to get knocked over. Value: great value, i got mine for £25. i would rather pay that then blow all my money on a relative pedal like a big muff etc if your on a budget..it sounds the same Manufacturer Support: - The Wow Factor: looks kind of cheap...looks like something from a 50's american diner... Overall: rare pedal, gives you a unique sound and screachy solos. great if you like jack white or even the solo on 'who knows'/ 'purple haze' etc by hendrix...guuuuud

"Danelectro falls short again."

Music Style: Metal
Sound: The French Toast Octave Distortion has one of the worst octave effects I have ever heard. It is paper thin, and if it says anything, it says, "This is the cheapest pedal available." If the distortion was much better, the pedal could be redeemed, however, it is also very thin, and the tone adjustments are limited. I run it through a Peavey bass amp, with Danelectro Chorus(A good chorus for the price) and ElectroHarmonix Bassballs. I suggest that anyone who feels like buying this pedal is a good investment, should taste battery acid first. To make this product sound better, hit it with a sledgehammer. Feature: Don't use this pedal for anything unless you like a lot of noise and hiss. Quality: This product is made reasonably well. I had to solder the battery cable back together, which was a downer, but that is reasonable wear and tear perhaps for a piece of junk. Value: The pedal is pretty crappy for the money I paid for it. I should have gotten a Boss Orange Distortion. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to call the company. There is no way physically possible to get good sound from this pedal, and the company can't do anything about that. The Wow Factor: The fifties have ceased to be sexy anymore. I didn't like the pedal. If a pedal doesn't sound good, it doesn't sound good. It shouldn't be on my rack. Aesthetics have nothing to do with tone. Overall: If I could choose again, I wouldn't pick this pedal. I bought it against the advice of my friends, and I regret that greatly. I think that if this was stolen, I would try to find the thief, and give him a humble apology, and all of my gratitude.

"decent at best..." submitted July 7, 2006

Music Style: blues and rock
Sound: who would want this sound??? although it is something different Feature: EQ is horrible......... Ease of Use: you can not get any good sound from this. Quality: it won't break Value: not worth the the money Manufacturer Support: couldn't say The Wow Factor: looks alright? Overall: alright

"DJ13 frenchtoast" submitted February 2, 2006

Music Style: rock 'n roll
Sound: Good quality. For sure, i use mine through epiphone LP Junior and a Fender Performer 1000... I can get some sweet white-stripeish sounds... I just like it although it sucks as a distortion... Feature: good... Tiny knobs though Quality: good enough for the price Value: still kinda pricy... 60euro's Manufacturer Support: never needed it The Wow Factor: sexy... Overall: I'd kill the one who messes with my gear! Not kidding

When you call, mention priority code 155X-KH7Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976