When you call, mention priority code 164P-QWS1

Rating and Reviews: DAddario EXL120 Strings

D'Addario EXL120 strings offer great performance. The D'Addario EXL120s are Super Light gauge strings, great for lead work.

DAddario EXL120 Strings Customer Review submitted July 5, 2005

By a customer from officer.com
Musical Background: Performing Musician/Composer
Music Style: Modern rock
Sound: D'addario strings have been the only brand I've used for at least the last five years. I'll admit I used to enjoy Dean Markley Blue Steel, but you can't really expect to buy a case or seven and have them all be fresh a year later, D'addarios are always just as pristine as they day they were encased in their oxygen-free polymer mausoleums. Feature: D'addario likes to point out that their strings are 'Better by Design', and they are. The hexagonal center literally bites into the wrap, melding the two metals like no other string manufacturer can. Quality: Always just as bright and corrosion-free as the day they were made. The Dean Markleys just didn't compare. Value: In short, buying any other brand in bulk is nothing more than a waste to me. Buying single sets at a music store is far more expensive, and there's still no guarantee that your strings are fresh. D'addarios, unlike other brands, will still be worth their price 2 years after purchase when you break a string 2 o'clock in the morning at your local venue. Manufacturer Support: I've never had problems with any of my D'addario or Planet Waves products, hence service was never required. This is a testament in itself, I'm still using the same Planet Waves guitar cables I bought about 5 years ago and they're still immaculate. The Wow Factor: Nothing else meets the same engineering standards, nor does anything else sound the same (hey, all brands are different for beter or worse). Overall: Still going strong with D'addario and no plans to ever change brands.

"best bang for the buck, period" submitted June 14, 2011

Overall
Music Style: a little bit of everything
Sound: Crisp, neat, and clear. there's not too much else I can say about these strings, they are always consistent sounding from the time you thread them on, to the time you peel them off (I have personally only had less than a handful of them ever break while playing) the brightness and light clear sound these give is perfect for the high clear punch of single coils (IE A Strat or Telly) and yet they have just enough slink and "bite" (density/weight) to them to give a humbucker equipped guitar (IE A Les Paul or SG) a good thick bark. the only strings that I think sound better are the high end GHS Super Boomers (which if my memory serves, they dont make any more) but the cost split is rather pointless in my mind. Feature: The color coded ends are surely handy, especially if you are an instructor, teaching younger players how to change strings, it really helps them keep track of which string is which, and its great to double check yourself against making mistakes, no matter how long you've played. As for the packaging; while a tad bothersome to handle and open, it so totally does the job it's built to do, which is keeping the strings fresh. I have bought other brands and let me tell you, unless your buying nylon strings, paper packaging is rather handy and a tad sexy looking, but it utterly fails at keeping the air off of strings and thus preventing corrosion, which will degrade the quality of your strings, no matter how much they cost. Ease of Use: strings are strings right? Ehh, not so much, Having played with D'Addario's for both my Electrics and my Acoustics, I can say that they make playing easier by promoting 3 things; 1: easy install (see above in Features) 2: easy break-in, and 3: easy playing. Anyone who's played a stringed instrument knows that after you first get the strings on, you have a period of time where they are stretching a bit, and adjusting themselves and settling (the guitar also does some of this, but to a much lesser extent) and D'Addario's have the shortest break-in time of any brand I've ever used (and I've used almost all of them (acoustic and electric) in my 18+ years) so I gotta say, hands down, D'Addario does strings right. Quality: as titled, D'Addario's are pretty much the best bang for the buck value in strings you can get, no matter where you buy them, they are likely the lowest priced strings anywhere on the market, and the manufacturing quality is right up there with the most expensive brands (and in some areas, surpasses it) Value: please, read above, now read this: Buy this brand, no matter if its for you're acoustic or electric, because I'll clue you in on something wild; you can cross match them, meaning, you can swap on a set of electric strings onto your acoustic, and you'll get a super bright and clean jangle that sounds very interesting and punchy, and with acoustic strings on your electric, you'll have this fat dirty earthen growl that can not be replicated with effects, ever. Let me say this again; BUY THIS BRAND! Manufacturer Support: I've never had to use the support numbers or web sites listed on the packages, ever, which in a way, speaks volumes more that having to use it, right? The Wow Factor: just read everything I've written above and you'll have all the reasons you need to invest some coin in a whole 50lbs crate of these things. Overall: just read everything I've written above and you'll have all the reasons you need to invest some coin in a whole 50lbs crate of these things.

"The real name of guitar strings!!!" submitted May 13, 2011

By a customer from live.com.ar
Overall
Music Style: Alternative, FunkRock...
Sound: I used to buy Fender Bullet strings until a friend recommended the D'addario strings. Just a perfect, brilliant sound and intonation, never cut my strings on stage again on years! The best guitarists in the world use it, something there must be... Feature: Just the best strings in a cute box. Ease of Use: Years of study, and a good pair of trained ears! Quality: It's great, never had a complain with it. Value: Almost the same price of another set of strings, but unparalleled quality. Manufacturer Support: I never need it, but I think that must be great like all his products. The Wow Factor: Too sexy! If you wanna sounding like a real Rockstar, you need this strings... and a lot of practice... but that's another story.. :P Overall: When can't find it in my town, i bought the GK from MedinaArtigas and it sounds pretty cool too!

"BEST STRINGS EVER!" submitted April 1, 2010

Musical Background: Guitar picker
Music Style: ROCK
Sound: I was absolutely blown away by the sound of these strings! The harmonics I am getting on my Strat are impeccable. sometimes I have to tilt my pick a bit because I getting too MANY harmonics, lol! If you play Rock and Roll or harder, these are for you. Feature: Color coded is very nice. Packaging is nice as well. Just love these strings. Ease of Use: Like I said, the harmonics just pour out of these strings. Quality: Even playing every day, these strings last for months. Amazing. Value: I would expect these to actually be higher priced for the product you get, but I am NOT complaining! Manufacturer Support: Have no idea but I would imagine they are good. The Wow Factor: they are sexy strings baby! lol Overall: DiAddario ROCKS!

"D'Addario EXL120XL electric guitar strings" submitted October 29, 2012

By Lawrence Lake in Canyon Lake, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing off and on for 50yrs.the Guitar, In the 60s I played with the Hang five
Music Style: I'm a rock en roller.
Overall: The D'Addario strings are the best overall strings, the service I get at zZounds is unbelivable the best from strings to guitars to accessories, I've always shopped at zZounds and always will. Thanks again Larry

"The Best" submitted May 28, 2009

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Death MEtal
Sound: They are very versatile. You can play anything from blues to speed metal with these strings. Feature: It's color coded and the pack keeps them nice forever. Ease of Use: Easy to setup, color coded so you don't mess up. Quality: It is perfect! They last forever. Even when I live in a very humid place they last 6-10 months easy! Value: Great price. This product is great at a cheap price. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any need for it. The Wow Factor: Never buy anything but these. Overall: Great I will continue using these string forever...unless D'addrio makes something even more awesome(wouldn't surprise me).

"hyper sound" submitted July 7, 2004

Music Style: Rock , Jazz
Sound: it make the sound very sharp,real and has a high mid range & that make the sound tends to be too screamy,thats amazing for a hard hyper rock solo but may be not too much great for jazz. Feature: the coloured balls the string's end make u never mess. Quality: well made,stay for a long time,300 hours of full speed at least Value: price is perfect,if u looked at the earny ball strings you will just find it 0.50 cent cheaper than the D'addario although d'addario is too much alot better than the earny ball. The Wow Factor: the strings are wounderful,have a very smooth touch but just one thing bothered me,the strings need to be more harder because they are so super lite.

DAddario EXL120 Strings Customer Review submitted April 12, 2004

Overall
Sound: great sound and tonality for pop rock, pop. punk, rock, and harder rock. a very bright catchy sound. Feature: the coloured ball ends make sure you dont mess up. Quality: its made well cause it sounds well and lasts you. Value: great price. Manufacturer Support: i like daddario and i always will. they make great s**t The Wow Factor: im glad i already have it. Overall: its still good.

When you call, mention priority code 164P-QWS1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976