When you call, mention priority code 15GW-1K7H

Rating and Reviews: D'Addario ECB81 Strings

Packed with deep low-end tone, D'Addario ECB81 Chromes flatwound bass strings lend a tight bottom to jazz and R&B -- and contemporary pop styles as well.

Overall

"Looking for flatwounds? These are my recommendation..." submitted October 14, 2010

Music Style: R&B, Soul, Blues, Classic Rock
Sound: I have used a set of these strings on my Reverend Rumblefish PJ since I got it in 2003. That's right, the same set for the last 7 years. Everywhere I play people compliment me on the sound of my bass, and these strings are a big part of that: warm, punchy, perfect for the R&B, Soul, Classic Rock and Blues music I play. Feature: Perfectly polished. Ease of Use: No problems installing, no problems since. Other players who've tried my bass say it plays like butter, and since my action isn't especially low (medium, really), it must be the strings. Quality: 7 years and running says it all. Value: Do the math - how much is a string that sings after all this time worth? More than you're paying here (it's also less expensive than most of the competition I rejected in 2003). Manufacturer Support: I've never needed to contact D'Addario, I'm giving them a 10 for a product that didn't and doesn't need their support. The Wow Factor: I think this is a dam' sexy product, because I've seen the way it moves dancers... Overall: If I ever need to, I will replace my current set with another of the same. I'm beginning to think that's a big 'if'. But just in case, when I decided on this set, I bought a spare... D'addario isn't making money off of me, although they deserve to.

"Love that sound!" submitted April 25, 2014

By Al F in Wakefield, MA
Musical Background: Still learning, jamming at home with mp3s
Music Style: Mainly rock
Overall: On my Squier VM Jazz bass I've been using Rotosound Jazz Bass 77 strings. They sound nice, but I wanted to try something else. I'm not sure why, but I did. So, I got these strings. The first thing I noticed is they are "brighter" sounding. I haven't learned the slap style of playing yet, and assumed round wound strings were the only choice for that, but I tried a little slapping. On the Rotosound strings, slapping the E and A strings sounded nice, but popping the D and G strings didn't seem to work. With these D'Addario strings, popping actually sounds good! Not as much bite as round wounds, but still very good sounding. Maybe I'll try to learn how to slap after all. The tension seems to be less than the Rotosounds, since I had to adjust the relief a couple of quarter turns to get rid of the fret buzz. I can't tell if that's good or bad, but it's not any more difficult to push on the frets. I can't tell if it's easier, though, it's been a couple of weeks since I played this bass, so I didn't do a comparison. I have another bass with round wounds, but it's taking a lot longer than I expected to play them without all those noises. I'm not giving up, but if I played in front of anyone, I'd use the bass with these flat wounds. Great sound, no squeeks, and barely audible (unwanted) harmonics. Even though my technique still needs work, these strings sound great! I'm almost wanting to put them on the other bass too!

"You can find other bargains out there but for the quality, sound and longevity, you can't beat D'Addario bass strings. Nevr had" submitted December 15, 2009

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Hard Rock, Punk, Bassist
Sound: The sound is phenomenal if you're looking for a warmer, less "twangy" sound. Feature: Doesn't have accessories. Ease of Use: Very easy to install and use. Had no problems whatsoever. Quality: D'Addario is the best. The scale was perfect. Never had any breaks or anything. These are also the choice strings if you are using a fretless bass or have concerns of marking up the bridge. I use them on a fretless Ibanez as well as 3 different Fender Precision models (Mexican, Japanese and American). Fantastic quality. Value: The very best value. Period. Manufacturer Support: Never had a need for support but the company is absolutely reliable. The Wow Factor: Best strings made today. Overall: I have various brands of strings (GHS Boomers, Fender roundwounds, Hatke, etc.) and these are, by far, the best quality and sound.

When you call, mention priority code 15GW-1K7H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976