When you call, mention priority code 201-9DHT

Rating and Reviews: Cerwin-Vega CVi-118S Sub

Devised with a dedicated subwoofer configuration, this Cerwin-Vega portable, passive subwoofer spits out tight, booming bass with minimal distortion.

"CVi-118S Passive Subwoofer is a nice portable sub" submitted December 7, 2014

By P S
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, bass, vocals. Been playing somewhat steadily for 30+ years.
Music Style: Primarily classic rock
Sound: The CVi-118S sounds just fine and definitely delivers what is needed to fill in the low end. They may not have the punch or clarity of a much larger cabinet, but the reasonable cost and convenient size trumps what little may be lost by using a compact cabinet. Feature: Two each of both Speakon and 1/4" inputs, no worries hooking up to these subs in any situation. Ease of Use: These CVi-118S subs are the perfect size for a small gigging band. They are light and compact enough to carry around easily, and don't take up too much space in the back of the truck. But at the same time they are rugged and heavy enough to pole mount my SP2s over them, I couldn't be happier! Quality: The CVi-118S subs are well built. I've had these subs a few months now, looks like they're going to last a good long while. They still look new, no indication of wear yet. Value: The CVi-118S subs are reasonably priced, and well worth it! zZounds shipping cost was next to nothing, made the purchase an even better value. Manufacturer Support: I've had no reason to contact Cerwin Vega. They've been around forever, I can't imagine there would be any problems if I did have to reach them. The Wow Factor: The Wow Factor would be how compact the cabinet is for a rugged, well built 18" sub. Great looking subs too! Overall: Wish I had bought these years ago! My old subs were literally twice the size and not much fun to move around.

"Cerwin Vega 18" Pass Subs" submitted May 14, 2014

By kenny walker in mattapan, MA
Musical Background: n/a
Music Style: rap, hip-hop, reggae, soca, creole, classical, country, blues, gospel, jazz, reggaeton-----l love music
Overall: these subs are outstanding, lound thundering bass, exactly what i was looking for, i listen to a lot of musinc with heavy bass in it, what a great add to my existing system.

"Just wow!" submitted May 23, 2011

Musical Background: Audio engineer, musician
Music Style: Jazz, Gospel, Latin etc.
Sound: Earth shaking, window cracking bass! Do I need to say more? I connected one of these to a Crown XLS 802 mono bridged, and the bass is so loud and punchy that my hole house shakes. Feature: 1/4" input, 1/4" trough; Speakon input, Speakon trough, connections. Ease of Use: Plug in and done, not easy to move, it weight 80lbs. Quality: I gave it a nine because, there was sawdust and a small plastic bag that came out when testing. Value: Best sound and quality for your buck. The Wow Factor: The red suspension material makes it look good in contract with the black cone and cabinet, looks good. Overall: Not my first experience with Cerwin Vega subs, I have them on my car stereo and that's why I decided to buy this one, and expect to last for a long time as the others have.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"OMG SWEET!! Buy this is if your looking to upgrade your system!!" submitted May 11, 2012

By James Watkins in Menominee, MI
Musical Background: Club DJ
Music Style: Hip hop and R&B some country and rock
Overall: I bought 2 of these and a Crown XLS 1000 amp. The amp is a lil under power but it will do the job untill i get another amp. I was frustrated that they didn't come with Specon Cables but i was able to find someone to make me a pair. I got them hooked up and tuned the amp to the setting i need and they THUMPED.. I had a guy from 2 blocks down tell me he could hear the bass in his house.. I was vary proud. The true test will come this weekend when i do my show but from where they sat in the middle of my garage, they sounded amazing. I would recomend these to anyone that is looking to upgrade or add to thier set up.

"Cerwin Vega CVi Passive Subwoofer" submitted April 10, 2016

By Roosevelt James in Rowlett, TX
Overall
Musical Background: DJ for 20 years.
Overall: Just recently had some friends over. Outside in yard the Subwoofer puts out a lot of bass. I love it. Will purchase another soon.

"Big" submitted October 18, 2015

By Jeffrey D in Marion, IA
Music Style: A lot of everything
Overall: These are excellent for this price I am very happy with the low end these put out. Very happy I picked these. If you need some excellent subs and are on a budget these are it.

When you call, mention priority code 201-9DHT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976