When you call, mention priority code 14JD-7CHH

Rating and Reviews: Cerwin-Vega CVA-121XNA

This 21-inch C-V subwoofer puts out a massive 1200 watts continuous power and 2400 watts peak. Add this bad boy to your PA system, and make the floor shake!

"Great sub but HEAVY" submitted July 25, 2012

By Joseph Vaughan in Austin, TX
Musical Background: DJ/Producer since 2002
Music Style: Hip-hop / Pop
Overall: Great to add to your PA speakers so you don't have to push your main PA speakers so much. But, there is no getting around the fact that it takes 2 people to move this speaker. Even a body builder would have a problem picking this up solo due to its wide dimensions. Great sub tho, you will definitely turn heads! BREAK IN THE SPEAKER SLOWLY! USE FOR HIP HOP GENRES!

"cva 121 in action" submitted April 27, 2014

By Heath R
Musical Background: rock band/ dj playing all types of music.....25 years
Music Style: rock, hip hop, country, blues, electronic
Overall: Since most reviews i read are either misleading or lack in details i decided to place a review on this sub that everyone can understand. I spent a lot of time researching powered subs for our needs...it was frustrating due to mixed reviews on practically every one of them...so in the end we basically did a hail marry and went with the original sub kings Cerwin Vega..we ware glad we did. The use for these subs for us is for both DJ and band use. We gave them a go last night for the first time and i have to say these are fantastic subs. They hit very hard, and got special attention from our female clientele ;). The gig was in an 80' x 80 building and was more than enough. We drove them about 50%sub gain...and 40%on the mixer... and it was all we could take. We are big Bassnectar fans and wanted extremely low and powerful bass ...and we got it in a powered package. It felt as though the building was going to fall apart bolt by bolt...brick by brick. We have been let down in the past in purchasing equipment by relying on reviews, our most recent mistake was investing in EV powered setup with subs......which proved to be less than impressive ....but the reviews about them had nothing but praise and hype. There is no hype when it comes to the cva121...it really delivers. I cant speak at this point about reliability, and the speaker itself is heavy as h....heavy....did i mention it was heavy. Plan on getting some cheap carts with big tires to make your life easier....the included caster wheels are nice but we wont be using them.. due to the speakers weight the caster wheels would hang up on every crack and crevice and make life hard not to mention all the rattling and jarring of the built in amp and all its sensitive contents . Even though the thing is heavy, it is very well made and most options you could ever want or need as far as control and input.

"Cva 121" submitted March 1, 2014

By James L in Lexington, TN
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 25 years
Music Style: Rock, hip-hop, and country
Overall: These cerwin vega cva121 power sub. Are some kick azz subs they are the best subwoofer for the price. I have two of these in my game room and they are amazing

"Thumping!!!!" submitted June 6, 2013

By Matthew Cincotta in Chicopee, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist, Drums, vocals, you name it!
Music Style: Hard Rock
Overall: These subs are sick!!! They literally give you that arena low end inside a club!!! Use with 3 way cross overs (stereo). Yes they are heavy but I'm always getting compliments on my low end bass!!!! 21" speakers? Cerwin Vega took out the guess work of matching speaker with power amp. I highly recommend these powered subs to those who want to stand out from the rest of the crowd!!! Don't take my word!!! See for yourself!!!!Peace!!!
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great sub, flawed speaker glue design" submitted June 30, 2014

By george g in Alice, TX
Musical Background: mobile and club DJ for 20 years
Music Style: Rock, Top 40, Tejano,
Overall: Gave overall rating a 1 and cannot recommend this sub unless CV addresses the glue issue on the speaker itself. Owned this sub going on 2 years. Works great, sounds great. Using in a medium size sports bar that has DJs Thu, Fri, Sat. After bout 10 months of weekend use, a rattle started so the sub could not be used due to the loud rattle. Contacted the manufacturer and found an authorized repair shop in San Antonio 2 hrs away. As soon as I told the repair person about the problem, he immediately knew that it was a glue issue. The speaker was not blown. something under the dust cone had come unglued and was loose causing the rattle. He already had an exact speaker with the same problem and showed me what it looked like with the dust cover removed.. CV replaced the speaker free of charge which was installed by the repair shop. Awesome! Back in business, great sub, great sound until this past weekend when the rattle returned after 11 months which means that the replacement speaker is having the same glue issue. So I will be contacting the same repair shop to report and see what happens now since speaker has already been replaced once. Have not read any reviews detailing this problem. The repair shop had only 1 other speaker besides mine. So maybe not a widespread problem but one that CV is aware of.

"Nice little package!" submitted June 2, 2014

By John Fischer in Rockwall, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Musician... Guitar, Keys, Vox, Band Owner.
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Country, Jazz, Techno
Overall: I bought 2 of these from ZZounds. I was using 4 L-36 folded horns. The L-36's took up too much room in my trailer and were just too big. After much research I decided to go with these 21" powered subs. They took a couple of gigs to get broken in. They deliver thunderous deep low end. They do NOT throw real far so if you are playing anything beyond a small to mid sized venue you will likely be disappointed by that. Of course, the L-36 had very long throw so I was spoiled. The Good: Solid deep bass, lot's of power and headroom, amp runs cool, easy to move around with the built in casters (except one of the casters was defective, and ZZOUNDS has yet to respond to my inquiry about that 1 week later...). The NOT so Good: These ship with NO covers! These will get torn up easily because of that, The casters are lame. On a box that weighs damn near 200 lbs put some half decent casters on there. I was on the fence about keeping them but after the 3rd gig with them I am now convinced. Probably will buy 2 more which will solve my biggest concerns... I am also planning to buy the top cabs (wish they were powered too).

"The beast..!" submitted May 23, 2014

By Johan M in Miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur DJ all my life, love all kinds of music and just enjoy playing at parties of all kinds.
Music Style: All genres, I don't have a preference although I do mostly latin and electronic.
Sound: I would say this is the workhorse of subs. The sound is excellent and perfect for any type of music genre. I play all kinds of music, latin, freestyle, electronic, classic rock, you name it, I have a little bit of it, and this unit performs great with any genre due to the incorporated controls and settings you can play with, that come with the amp. For those of us that like electronic music the way it should be played, this is the sub to own. Overall, excellent sound quality. Feature: The versatility of the incorporated amp in this unit is one of the best I've seen in a unit and after reviewing a good number of subs and different brands, I decided to go for this one based on the reviews and specs. The amp in this unit comes with a variety of controls for basically any application and needless to say, a very powerful amp. It also comes with different connectivity options depending on the set up we like to use. Ease of Use: Definitely an easy to use unit even though it can get very technical, beneficial to those sound experts out there, (I'm not. Very simple user) This unit can be plugged in a variety of different ways depending on the set up and needs, it can go from very basic connectivity (mixer straight to unit) or a more complex set up such as daisy chaining multiple units and so on. Now comes the fun part and the only drawback for some people: For those of you out there that don't like to deal with heavy items, this unit is not for you. This is an almost 200lb beast and it is NOT easy to transport and handle. Think seriously about this when considering this unit. If you don't mind the size and weight of this beast, this is the sub to own. Quality: This unit is awesome straight out of the box. The built quality is excellent, the appearance of the unit is very appealing to any eye and the materials used to build this product are by far, excellent quality. I'm very confident that this sub will last a very long time and A LOT of parties to come. The amp is well built, placed in the right space and the buttons/knobs are strong and efficient, yet easy to use by almost any user. Value: I would say this unit is worth every penny to those that appreciate a good quality product and want the best. In comparison to other brands and sizes, this is by far, the best value. Manufacturer Support: No issues to report yet, however, I contacted Cerwin Vega by phone before purchasing this unit and they seem to have a very good customer support, they answered all my questions and concerns I had before buying this unit. The Wow Factor: This unit in general is very appealing and it just looks great. The part that impressed me the most, I would have to say, it's the front grill; this thing looks, feels, and its built like a tank. I just love everything about this unit! and yes, even the weight of it. It just gives it character and along with its bad-ass all steel grill, it shows who's the boss..! Overall: For those of us that love quality, durability, and SOUND. This sub stands out to its power. I'm an amateur DJ that just loves all kinds of music and mostly plays in friends and family venues but likes to go with the best quality my pockets can afford and let me tell you: this sub will not disappoint anyone; I use a rather simple set up but very efficient and this sub really completed my set up and more than met my expectations. At first when I plugged it to my mixer (basic mixer to sub connection) and turned up the volume just a tab, the windows in my house felt like they were about to give. The sound is excellent and perfect for a large number of venues, crowds, and spaces. I named it, THE BEAST..!

"cerwin vega" submitted February 9, 2014

By William Johnson in castleton, VT
Musical Background: DJ for bout 20 yrs
Music Style: music of all kinds
Overall: amazing sound

When you call, mention priority code 14JD-7CHH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976