When you call, mention priority code 16K1-QGJL
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Crown XTi1002 Power Amp

Powerful yet light, this 1400-watt Crown power amp puts you in control with a built-in subharmonic synth, defeatable limiter and 29 user-definable presets.

"Power Performance Great Value" submitted October 17, 2013

By Christopher Ceravolo in Jamesville, NY
Musical Background: Roland MC 909, 808, Korg Chaos Pad much more
Music Style: Electronic
Overall: I own 2 of these amps I run them in bridged mono 1400w per channel I use them to power (2) pair Cerwin Vega VS 12" 3-way Tower speakers. Behringer Mixer runs the show. I am very pleased with them extremely clean sound. I DON'T hear any rattling as mentioned in other reviews and the Bass def drops big time. Only thing that I don't like is the fan noise but the music at high levels i don't hear it. So doesn't bother me cooler amps stay the better so be it.

"A Great Power Amp For P.A. / Not For Bass Guitar though" submitted August 19, 2011

By a customer from spickety.com
Musical Background: 24 years playing bass guitar and drums
Music Style: All kinds of Rock and MoTown along with some smooth jazz.
Sound: I actually had purchased this power amp and used it to power my bass guitar rig. I must say that it sounded FAB-O'-Licious!! (fabulous mixed with delicious) 8) I use an SWR (vintage) Grand Prix preamp and the sound that comes out of my 410 and 115 sounds like a cross between SWR and Ampeg. It is a beautiful blend and couldn't ask for anything better! Only problem is... it had mechanical vibration and rattling within the amp itself. Also, when the fan comes on, it is a little too loud and whines in high pitch. These are the two issues that made me return it. I even tried putting an isolation pad between my rack and the 410 cab, but it only helped a smidgen. I also owned a Crown XLS1500 that was worse than this one! Feature: Love the DSP and all the features it has to make it sound the best it could be. It doesn't have a speakon connection for bridging. You must re-wire one of your speakon cables going into your first cab. It's all on the Crown website. You can also simply purchase a banana connector to speakon. I did this. Works great! Ease of Use: The DSP software takes some learning and experimentation... but I seemed to catch on quick. Although I did call Crown for some insight. otherwise, it's very easy to use. You can simply connect and play and not bother with the DSP features if you so choose. Quality: The case is really nice and dark grey. Looked great in my rack! But it comes back to the innards and the issues described above. If it weren't for the two issues I had listed, this would have been a keeper! Value: There again, if it weren't for the two issues, this would be the best buy on the market in my opinion. Manufacturer Support: They do try to help you with what ever they can over the phone, but when I called in to ask them about the two issues I ran into, they told me that they had put a lot of time into the testing of this amp and said there is no way that I could be having those issues. Because of their denial, I rate them a 9 out of 10. The Wow Factor: FIXED!! Overall: Overall, a great sounding amp! Lots of power. Get rid of the mechanical rattle and replace the cooling fan with a quieter one and it would be a Keeper!!

"CROWN rattle box." submitted February 28, 2012

By Jason Davis in banning, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 28 years & I have been building instruments for over 20 years
Music Style: Funk, Disco, & DJ house / techno & hip hop...
Overall: Within 2 minutes of un packing I could feel that it was VERY POOR QUALITY. Just the feel in your hands and you know it's made in China. The chassie is so thin & flimsy it's emberassing. Tapping it with your finger & it rattles like crazy. No way you can trust this on the road. The fan sounds like a jet engine and that was after playing bass for 60 seconds. The tone was good and I havn't tried any of the DSP modes yet. I can't say the sound is good enough to overlook the awfull quality of construction. Also the banana jacks are terrible. Press in from the top? Believe me this is a corner that was cut by China. I don't believe Crown would design it this way. I'm VERY upset with this purchase................

When you call, mention priority code 16K1-QGJL. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976