When you call, mention priority code 158P-YGTW

Rating and Reviews: Crown XLS-2500 Power Amp

Push your passive PA with a serious power amp. Pushing a max of 2400 watts of Class D power, the Crown XLS2500 offers variable crossovers and Peakx limiting.

"crown amp for home music" submitted February 14, 2014

By Gary F in Parma, OH
Musical Background: Audiophile for 35 years
Music Style: Rock Jazz Country Heavy Metal.
Overall: I would like to let anyone considering this amp for home use to go for it. I have been using the xls2500 for my home stereo and it rocks I am using it with a pair of cerwin vega xls-215 and it really made everything sound more clear and pronouced. It is hooked up to my old jvc 884 receiver. I play it loud and it still runs cool and the never comes on. The only thing is a very low hum when at zero volume but goes away the minute I turn up the volume even at low settings. I was skeptical when I ordered it but I am very happy that I tried it. I will be ordering a second one soon with another pair of cerwin vega xls-215 speakers.

"Light, affordable, and packs a punch!" submitted April 15, 2014

By Kimlang Lewis in Alameda, CA
Musical Background: Audio Engineer
Music Style: HIp-hop, R&B, Christian Contemporary, Smooth Jazz
Overall: I purchased this amp online, and was first of all, thoroughly pleased with how fast the product was shipped to me. It is very light, and has a very nice crisp, and punchy sound to it. I use this on conjunction with the crown xti 1000, where I daisy chain the feed from the xti 1000 (mains) to the xls. My favorite feature is the built in crossover, that I have in bridge mode. The eliminated the need of an external crossover. I ran my gig with just one feed, and two amps, and had more than enough power. Both Crown and QSC are my favorite amplifiers, and I am very impressed with this amplifier. Don't let the light weight fool you. It packs tremendous punch for the lows.

"Crown continues to ROCK!" submitted May 7, 2012

By Bill C in Fredericksburg, VA
Musical Background: Professional Sound Engineer
Overall: What can I say about the Crown 11lb XLS2500??? How about WOW!!! I've had this amp for over a year now, it's used consistently at least twice a week if not more at high levels for over 5 hours per night and it STILL performs flawlessly. I've worked this amp and pushed its limits numerous times and they out perform ANY amp I've ever used! I actually have 2 of these and one XLS1500 that run everything and let me tell you that I have NEVER been more impressed with teh sound quality, ease of use and the clarity that comes out of these amps. And the Volume??? OMG! we drive 4 18" black widow sub boxes with one 2500, 4 JBL double 15" and a horn towers with another 2500 and monitors with the 1500. This place CRANKS every single night and again, these amps are on pushing their limits for over 6 hours per night and at LEAST 2 nights per week for over a year now... UNBELIEVABLE and I HIGHLY reccomend them...
32 of 35 people (91.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Crown Quality and Value." submitted November 3, 2011

Musical Background: Professional DJ
Music Style: any
Sound: Purchased this for a new passive system. Clean power, lot's of it, and cool running. I pushed this to the limit (clip limiter on) no problems. Solid and clean all night. Feature: Excellent DSP functions at this price point. I'm currently utilizing the high pass filter set at 59Hz running a pair of Peavey PV115's and this set up has met my expectations for the types of gigs I deploy them at. All functions accessible from the front panel, no need to go to the back of the amp. Ease of Use: Read the manual to learn the DSP functions if you're going to use them. Easy to follow. If you need information beyond the scope of the manual, go directly to Crown Audio Forums, lots of good information and answers to your questions not covered in the manual. Quality: Well made, appears to built like a tank for an amp that weights under 11 lbs. Also Crown's quality and reputation speaks for itself. Value: Light weight, clean power, DSP functions, at around $600, a great value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet. The Wow Factor: Good looking piece of gear.

"crown xls" submitted October 22, 2012

By george v in danielson, CT
Musical Background: dj 20 years
Music Style: hip hop rock country ect
Overall: absoulutely fantastic amp. clean sound and more than enough wattage, just reconize that you need a pre-amp to use this amp . so if you don't have one make sure you order one .

"Professional Power for Important Performances." submitted November 15, 2011

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: Band Leader / Guitarist
Music Style: Rock, Blues and R&B
Sound: Plenty of headroom, easily drives my 2 JBL JRX 115 Mains and 4 JRX 112 Monitors. Feature: It does exactly what it says it does perfectly. My needs would have liked the ability to have 4 outputs instead of 2 so I could run separate lines to my monitors and mains but that's my situation, not a fault with the product. Ease of Use: Turn it on, set your level and get the party started. Quality: LIGHT! STURDY! SHARP APPEARANCE! Value: Friends shake their heads in amazement when they check it out. Manufacturer Support: I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt as I haven't need any. The Wow Factor: Professional Grade Equipment. Overall: I take care of my gear and expect this to last. I would replace it with another one if neccessary.
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"One happy musician" submitted July 28, 2014

By Blair Gregson in Newcomb, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since 1969 I play guitar and harmonica and sing
Music Style: What used to called country rock.as well as our own material.
Overall: First I must say Thank you Zzounds my experience with your co has been wonderful I orderd This Crown amp in order to lighten my amp rack.I removed the 750watt per side amp that weight an astonishing 80 plus pounds and replaced it with this fine Crown Amp which weights about 11lbs not only that the sound and over head i have with very efficient amp is making my jrx 100 passive speakers sing wyth true clarrity and punch esspecially on the bottom. Now all of us cannot afford every thing we need at once so when I was offered a pay as you play option I jumped on it and because I had the opportunity to replace the other amp in my rack as well, and purchased a resealed Crown 2100. Now that replaced an under powered amp that weighed a little over 25 lgs again with an amo that weighs about 11lbs. So I completley replaced all my old amps with these.But there is more good news I live in the Adirondacks of upstate NY It is very remote here I never expected to recieve these amps over nite and opted for free shipping witch I got.I acually recieved these amps less than 24 hrs of ordering! In plenty of time to set them up and be ready for 2 gigs that weekend of the 4rth of July.So from me all you get is Happyness and thanks again.

"Amazing Strength! Amazing Price! Incredible Sound!" submitted October 31, 2011

Musical Background: Audio Producer/Engineer
Music Style: all
Sound: Amazing sound quality with this incredibly light amplifier. At first I was a bit skeptical but when I hooked up this bad boy to my arsenal of speaker goodness, I was blown away! Let me explain a bit. I really wanted to put this monster to the test and hooked it up in stereo configuration with 2 18" black widow sub boxes and 2 JBL double 15's JRX Towers. Well, needless to say, this puppy never went into the red, never distorted and even had to turn not only the bass down but overall volume as well in a room to code holds 500 people. Couldn't believe my ears and have never been more impressed with this incredible unit. Since my purchase, I have put this baby along with my other Crown XLS-1500 to vigorous and rigorous useage both inside and outdoors from major concerts (2500+ guests) to small club gigs (200-400 guests) weekly for about 2 months now. NO distortion, NO hum, EASY configuration and simply incredible sound quality. Get yours today, you'll never regret it! Feature: From front electronic configuration to all of the connectors on the back, it's the easiest use of an amplifier yet. Value: Unbelievable price too! The Wow Factor: Amazing look, L.E.D's are hot and its the most sleek looking amp today... Overall: I've used many many manufacturers of amps for the past 20 years and as always my two favs are QSC and Crown but I have to say, Crown has won this one and actually has been owning my number one spot for quite a few years now.

When you call, mention priority code 158P-YGTW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976