When you call, mention priority code 14JT-NXBJ

Rating and Reviews: Crown XLS 1000 Power Amp

Weighing only 11 pounds, the 1000-watt XLS power amplifier from Crown packs a big punch. Its Peakx limiters deliver maximum output while protecting your PA.

"Great amp for home audio, too" submitted September 11, 2012

By Rick M in Minneapolis, MN
Musical Background: Couch guitar player
Music Style: Blues, fingerstyle acoustic guitar
Overall: I didn't buy the XLS1000 for amping my guitar playing (I just play acoustic, anyway), but for a home audio system that needed a power amp. I paired it with an old Audio Research SP9II and it sounds fantastic--clear, lucid, musical, and way more powerful than my custom speaker system requires. The thing runs cool and I've never heard the fan come on. Light as a feather, too. As long as you're inputting an adequately strong signal into the Crown, you can use this for home audio. The thing does have RCA inputs. Highly, highly recommended.

"To be or not to Be." submitted August 13, 2011

Musical Background: Gospel
Music Style: Gospel
Sound: This is a wonderful product. I have never owned a crown amp. I am in awe so to speak. I was using a peavey cs800 which was an early 1990 model. By plugging this amp in, I feel like I just upgraded by whole system. This is a powerful little amp. Crystal clear sound. You want be disappointed. Just buy it. 215 ohms per channel. Enough to power most speakers. Feature: Nice Led lighting. It has a clip indicator. My peavey amp did not have that feature. Ease of Use: Just plug and play Quality: Though it is a class D(lightweight product) it feels like it is built to last. I believe it will stand the test of times. I have heard great things about crown durability. They also come with a three year replacement waranty. Value: Great price. There are other amps out there that put out more power for less the cost, but quality may be an issue such as behringer. You do get what you pay for. Though other amps put out more power at less the cost, you wont get the crystal clear sound that this crown amp produce. Buy it. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to call crown yet, but the zzounds team is the best. Most calls are awnsered immediatley. They are able to awnser every question that I have. The Wow Factor: This product sure does look better than my 1990 peavey cs 800. This thing is fine. Especially the blue lighting. Overall: Overall, you cant beat this crown amp. So don't think about it, just buy it. You wont be sorry. Excellent sound. Lighter than most amps. Its a beauty. Great crystal clear sound. Easy set up. Great quality that is built to last.
39 of 41 people (95.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best Low-cost Amp I've Used!" submitted March 19, 2013

By Jeff A in Piedmont, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Played professionally in bands;, now I do it for the fun of it and to help others learn the joys of making music!
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Pop, Rockin' Country,etc.
Overall: I've owned 2 of these for about 2 years and never had any problems, so I just purchased another one from zzounds. If you're looking for a lightweight amp that has a good deal of clean power for a low price, this amp will make you happy! This amp has an excellent built-in electronic crossover which I find is much more versatile than similar offerings from other companies. You can use the amp as a hi-pass stereo, lo-pass stereo, full range stereo, high or low pass or full range bridged! I have one XLS-1000 running 2 pairs of 15" 2-way Samson PA speakers in stereo(in parrallel, 4 ohm load for each channel) high-passed at 63Hz, and the other running an 18" Cerwin Vega Stroker sub at 4 ohms in bridged mono, lo-passed at 63Hz. The sound is clear, clean and LOUD in my 25'x25' drum studio/rehearsal space. Just make sure the peak limiters are engaged and you'll never have to worry about nasty clipping noises, either. The other amps in this XLS series are also a great value. I know there are more powerful amps to be had, but at this price point I feel Crown has them all beat with this combination of versatility, sound quality and price. I'd never owned Crown amps before these, but I sure won't hesitate to select them for upcoming amp purchases!!!

"I highly recommend it." submitted March 29, 2011

By a customer from insightbb.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist, DJ
Music Style: Accoustic guitar
Sound: The first one had a problem out of the box. Zzounds replaced it very quickly. The new one works perfectly. Good power, nice level/clip LEDS. I especially like the display and ease of selecting between full range and high and low crossover settings as well as the bridge mode. Has Speakon and wired terminal outputs. Plenty of punch in a surprisingly lightweight package. Ease of Use: It takes a few minutes to figure out how to navigate the different mode/menus settings. Once you figure it out, it is very easy. Quality: Good-looking, quiet running, light to carry. Have not taken it on the road yet, but hey - it is a Crown.

"Crown XLS1000 power amplifiers" submitted July 18, 2012

By Randy Turner in Montpelier, OH
Musical Background: Audio fanatic
Music Style: classic rock, older country, blues
Overall: I received the four new Crown amplifiers quickly from ZZSounds. The amps are small, and light weight, but I have no question as to their power ratings. I am driving two Peavey PR12 speakers in parallel with each amp, in bridged mono mode. I was previously using Soundcraftsmen amplifiers in the same way. These amps appear to be "coasting" while driving the speakers. I do not have the gains on the amps turned up all of the way, and the -10 level indicators hardly flash, but the amount of sound is incredible. I can't believe that you could find more power and quality at this price in any other amplifier. With features like a built in crossover system, clip limiters, gain settings, multiple input and output connection types, and low outlet power requirements, you can't go wrong.
17 of 19 people (89.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"crown xls1000 for home audio" submitted May 4, 2014

By david lile in corpus christi, TX
Musical Background: banjo,guitar 40years
Music Style: bluegrass ,blues
Overall: I have been using the crown amp in my home audio system for about a month and I am very pleased with the performance. I have been using the amp to drive a pair of magneplaner speakers, very clean sound, lots of power and no disortion. To anyone looking for a high output amp but lacking a high output bank account, give one of these amps a try. There is nothing mystical about quality home sound. Low distotion, enough power not to clip and clean source material + a good pair of speakers works every time. props to zzounds and crown.

"crown xl" submitted November 20, 2012

By ENJEIL L in LAPLACE, LA
Musical Background: sound tech 15 yrs
Music Style: multi
Overall: very surprised with sound clarity at high rates and this amp just stays cool no matter how hard you pump it

"Great power amp!" submitted June 16, 2011

By a customer from xmission.com
Musical Background: DJ and High School Stage Crew Advisor
Music Style: All kinds
Sound: I have only used this amp once, but it was for a three-hour DJ gig. It provided solid rich sound. Feature: This amp has many features, but I only used the default settings. Ease of Use: I didn't use the advanced features, but they seemed easy to access. Quality: Solidly made, attractive case. Value: I believe you get what you pay for, and Crown is solid performance for your money. Manufacturer Support: I contacted Crown on a different product and had excellent phone support which resolved the issue. It was nice to talk to a knowledgeable real person. The Wow Factor: I like having brand-name equipment. Overall: If I needed another amp of this size, I would buy another one of these!
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Crown Power Amps" submitted February 2, 2014

By Ronald V in Crestline, CA
Musical Background: intermediate guitar player for worship at Church
Music Style: Christain
Overall: plugged them in and started using them as soon as I got them. Powerful and clear sound. Excellent for the price and thanks for the pay as you play.

"Great light-weight amp with built in crossover, but high noise-floor" submitted April 4, 2014

By Michael Williams in Bedford, VA
Musical Background: Sound Reinforcement Engineering since 1982,
Music Style: Pop, Contemporary Christian, Choral, Southern Gospel, Praise & Worship, Folk
Overall: This was purchased to replace a QSC GX5 for my stage monitors. While a downgrade in power for me, it sports a much lighter weight (1/3 the weight of the GX5) and is mechanically much quieter since the fan only runs when needed. It also has the DSP allowing the amp to do the crossover function (eliminating a separate crossover). HOWEVER, the idle noise-floor of the amp is high. As soon as you power it up (with the gain at its lowest setting and no inputs connected) the speakers hiss from the amp's noisy components. While not horrible, it is very noticeable. I measured 11 dBA higher than the GX5's idle noise-floor while connected to a JBL JRX115. The DSP configuration is very intuitive and easy to set. There is no way to lock it however, which may or may not be an issue depending on your setup.

"Awesome light power amp" submitted March 9, 2014

By Arnie Fischer in kingston, NY
Musical Background: I have been playing bass over 30 years,
Music Style: 80's rock..
Overall: Everything was seamless from the purchase to the setup and use of the power amp.

"Works" submitted October 17, 2012

Overall
Sound: No complaints on sound. I do have some noise, but I don't think this amp is the cause. Feature: If I was using this for mains and had woofers, I'd definitely love the low/high pass filter. I'm only using it for monitors. However, I should have double checked the product specs before ordering as I was expecting 1/4 jack out and found only speakon and binding/banana options. Ease of Use: Cable in, cable out, power on, volume up. Quality: The front cover is all plastic, and the rest of the case is metal. Overall: I've only used it a couple times, but so far this amp has done what I needed it to.

"Easy to carry, fun to use." submitted May 1, 2011

By a customer from tampabay.rr.com
Musical Background: DJ, musician, vocalist
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: I was really surprise at how good this little amp sounded. Feature: The menu is a bit on the busy side, but easily mastered. Ease of Use: I tried to used banana plugs to hook up my speaker cables, but the fit was too tight. I finally decided to go with apair of Speak-on connectors. Quality: Not a heavy-duty as other power amps I have owned, but it's fine for my needs. Value: The price was great. This item was a "blem" with a few cosmetic flaws. It's in a rack case, so who cares ? The Wow Factor: It has an attractive front panel. Overall: I might consider buying a higher- powered lightweight Crown amp.

Crown XLS 1000 Power Amp Customer Review submitted January 18, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer and musician
Music Style: Country,Pop, Oldies and Gospel
Sound: I have used Crown amps for the past five years and find them to be one of the best. The company policy of standing behind their product is one of the best.

"very nice amp!" submitted May 28, 2010

Musical Background: audio engineer
Music Style: hardcore techno, industrial.
Sound: I use this at home for a set of klipsch synergy reference speakers, and it blows my old onkyo out of the water! Feature: way too many buttons and knobs for what i use it for. Ease of Use: easy setup, poweron, config. and instructions are in my language for once! Quality: im not sure what people are griping about. the unit runs remarkably cool in 8 ohm (75% volume and im not even seeing the fan cycle!) Value: 300 bucks for the home theater i think is a tad much, but im certainly not disappointed by the sound! Manufacturer Support: thanks zzounds!
13 of 23 people (56.52%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Customer SERVICE Horrible" submitted January 31, 2014

By L C in Jacksonville, FL
Musical Background: 32 years, Bass Guitar, Professional Bass Guitarist
Music Style: Jazz, Fusion Jazz, Blues, R&B, Neo Soul
Overall: I bought a piece of crown xls 1000 for my bass rig...long story short it clipped badly during my gig. I exchanged it (which was extremely difficult initially) for a Beringer 4000. I received it the day of the gig and that night it wouldn't EITHER. Now i'm livid... Turns out after our sound man reviewed the amp it was setup for Euro power not US. I definitely want be buying anymore gear or recommending zounds to any musicians I meet/know. What a NIGHTMARE to deal with for a pro musician!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"crown xls 1000 power amp" submitted March 12, 2014

By Greg Smith in Hagerstown, MD
Musical Background: Several years DJ INGmusic for parties and at home
Music Style: Different variety's of music from rock,country and dance
Overall: Awesome price and amp easy set up and awesome sound

When you call, mention priority code 14JT-NXBJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976