When you call, mention priority code 156W-MQ77

Rating and Reviews: Crate TX15 Taxi Amp

Take this battery-powered combo amp with you anywhere and play up to 8 hours. It's perfect for when you're far from any source of power.

"crate taxi" submitted June 18, 2012

By jim kirk in hebron, IN
Musical Background: 10 years. mostly my Martin acoustic
Music Style: mostly country and gospel
Overall: i love my taxi. it is so easy to carry and sets up anywhere without a plug in. the sound is great for small to medium venues. i used it last week in a ball room with 2 mikes. plenty of "juice". now, i'm not saying it works for a large concert or major outdoors, but for the christmas party or the nursing home show........wow!

Crate TX15 Taxi Amp Customer Review submitted June 25, 2009

Sound: Its a perfect little machine for street performance with an amazing battery life. This is a replacement since my last taxi droped dead of extreme exhaustion. It was always dependable which prompted my purchase. I checked out the competition and the only thing better was the Crate Limo. If the Taxi offered voice fx's for the mic channel it would be the perfect outdoor port amp.

"Excellent, except for a fatal flaw." submitted August 10, 2004

By a customer from charter.net
Music Style: Eclectic
Sound: Tweaking the 4 band EQ will improve the sound quite a bit. But there's a fairly serious weakness: Low frequencies, say from the bottom strings of a guitar, cause higher frequencies to be suppressed. So, for instance, if you strum a chord on the guitar, you'll notice the upper strings are barely heard. The vocal mic is also suppressed. I've been in contact with Crate and they admit it's a design issue. Feature: For the money, its features are more than adequate. A simple reverb option would be a nice addition. Quality: Well built and sturdy so far. Value: Until they fix the preamp problems this box is only good for basic portable announcing. Manufacturer Support: Quick response from the CS department regarding the sound problem. But no resolution yet. We'll see... The Wow Factor: Good, practical design. Overall: I'm going to try the top of the line "Limo" version of this series. I'm hoping it doesn't use the same preamp stage as the TX15
25 of 28 people (89.29%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Can't get much better than this." submitted August 28, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Play for family and friends
Music Style: Folk and Rock
Sound: This unit makes me sound great while playing accoustic guitar and singing ballads. I have tried some R&R with it and it sounds good but I am into the heady stuff. 15watts are fine for me, but the 50watt Limo would be the bomb. Feature: I like the dual inputs and the CD/mp3 inputs. I can sound real professional and be portable. Ease of Use: Plug your stuff in and go on the road. Can't be any easier. Quality: I bought 2 of these a few years apart and I can't be happier. Value: Might be something out there cheaper, but the operative word is "Cheap". I feel you get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: One of my amps shorted out and with the 5/2 warranty, it got fixed and I am back. The Wow Factor: Many people love the portability and want one. Overall: I will only buy a Crate as their reputation and quality speaks for itself. And they stand behind their products. I've had my first TX-15 for 6 years and have just needed work on it.

"Get it on !" submitted April 3, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Dr. in music.
Music Style: Public Domaine.
Sound: The sound is Loud ! Wow , I was surprized I had too much volume inside my house at 2.The quality for my voice ( I am a professional opera singer ) does not capture all of the resonances that I would like it too. I can use the built in equalizer which is nice ,but it wont give the speakers the proper sound of my voice. I wouldn't expect them too , I guess I learned something new about my voice because I only found out that there are no low costing speakers that will reproduce my voice.As far as guitar and voice , this little taxi will get the job done. I do make more money singing with it than with out it.Regarding recording uses, I dont know. I can't tell you which settings your going to like and mine are secret.Marketing strategy.I have a 100 $ mic. Feature: For me , the settings and sounds are perfect, add a pedal and its a whole new toy. Go wireless and your show becomes dramatic. Dont expect anything more from the Amp. Ease of Use: The design is well thought out and easy to understand. Quality: I dont yet know how long it will last in the situation where it is used as a regular amp for a gig. I like the fact that I can take the plug with me and give it a charge and in a couple of hours its reusable. Also I like the fact that the manual explains you should let it charge 24 hours if the red light does not come on because of a low battery.The reason I dont rate it a 10 is because I reaolly dont yet know how long it will last. How good the battery is. I'm sure there are lemons just like cars , but it is not a toy. This is a real professional amp for a one man show. Value: The price is the reason I bought it. Secondly the function for one man show,as a professional performer , ( Busking ) Manufacturer Support: The support makes up for any lack in the product. They were easy to reach. ( they even responded to my e-mail on a saturday night when the regular store hours were monday through friday ).the timely assitance from http://www.zZounds.com rated 10. The Wow Factor: This is about practicality,for me. I can do my job with out amplification , but this product imediatly makes my JOB , more profitable,in plain dollars and cents. Overall: I do not know how long ? This product will be usefull that all depends on me.

"Super convenient and affordable amp with mediocre sound quality" submitted May 4, 2012

By a customer from gmail.com in Asheville, NC
Musical Background: Full-time touring musician
Music Style: Folk, 40s-50s pop
Overall: I have used the TX-15 for about three years of near-constant gigging, and it has proved very useful. The sound isn't great, but it does the job when you need to be amplified outdoors or far from an electrical outlet. The amp is pretty rugged, and took a fair amount of abuse without crapping out on me. This is a great choice for the musician who needs a reliable, affordable and portable amp to use in a wide variety of situations, but not if you are very picky about faithful sound reproduction or beautiful tone. I never sought manufacturer support so I can't rate for that.

"Hope you have tone in your fingers" submitted March 4, 2010

Musical Background: guitarist
Music Style: blues rock jazz
Sound: Not as loud as I had hoped I guess its the 50 wattr I hear on the streets. If you play in a band on the street you need the 50 watter. This is good for jamming with another guitarist I think you can use both inputs at the same time dont know if it mskes the output louder or what when 2 inputs are plugged in. Its kind of noisy. No reverb. Does anyone make a reverb pedal that runs on batteries? Feature: No reverb. Ease of Use: Four knobs for eq is hard to dial in the sound. Quality: I gotta jam with this outside to be sure but it sure has no tone in my apartment. Im trying to break in the speaker by blasting it. Value: Well it is inexpensive compared to Roland. The Wow Factor: I need it so I can show jam in the park. Overall: It will do. The amps that take batteries are a toy this rechargeable unit is pro.

"These Taxi's Make The Whole World Your Stage" submitted September 29, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: active musician; recording producer
Music Style: Rock mostly
Sound: I've used a pair of Taxi 15's for numerous outdoor gigs and have always found it to be reliable and very clear. I use a small mixer so I can get voice effects and more than one instrument input. I've played guitar and piano thru the speakers and they're very clear. I guess if you crank them to the top level they might have issues like just about any speaker, but I haven't had a single problem with these. Feature: I like the double mike inputs, for both the quarter-inch plug and XLR. I like how long they hold a charge. I mean, they're not that complicated; they're basically powered speakers if you choose to look at them that way. That's why I use a Yamaha pre-amp with them and it works perfectly. Ease of Use: Everything's pretty intuitive about these Crates. Like I said, they're not that complicated. I use the Yamaha mixer with them and it just plugs in, simple as can be. So I can use them for singing through with two voices, plus have a guitar and piano hooked in, too. I've also used them for Ipod background music, just get an adaptor for the Ipod, or CD player, and run it into the speaker. Loud music anywhere! Value: Absolutely. The price for these speakers is a steal. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: I like the idea that I can make amplified music without power. That's amazing to me, makes the whole world a stage. Overall: The only thing that would make me replace the 15's is if I decided to go for the more powerful 50s. I simply don't need that much power for the uses that I have of this amp right now.

When you call, mention priority code 156W-MQ77. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976