When you call, mention priority code 1720-MLXW

Rating and Reviews: Crate FlexWave Half Stack

This Crate FlexWave Half Stack will get you rocking in short order. With an FW120H head and an FW412A angled cabinet, the Crate FlexWave Half Stack rocks.

"I'm just a Crate kinda guy!!!!!" submitted August 24, 2010

Overall
Music Style: Progressive power speed thrash!!!!!
Sound: I have ALWAYS used Crate amps and they have NEVER let me down. I currently run one head through two cabs and the stock tones this amp comes with are nothing short of great. Truthfully, I get my distortion from a Boss ME-20 floor pedal and tweaked the eq, shaping, and volume on that. THEN adjust the eq and volume on the head. If you feel this amp isnt loud enough, try adjusting the volume on your pedal, processor, etc, and then add volume on the head. not only will you keep your tone but you will gain more volume as well. Feature: I do also use the clean channel and add some chorus and as usal, solid-state clean tones are the best. Ease of Use: Like I said, I shpae my tone initially from my floor processor, THEN from the head. Quality: Simply put, the head is made for the cab and the cab is made for the head. DO NOT try and put a tube head through the cab because it will be too much for the speakers to handle. Value: I bought the whole half stack for $500 at my local and an additional cab for $300 as well. Manufacturer Support: I have yet to need ANY support with this setup and I have been playing through it for over 2 years. The Wow Factor: I have always received compliments about my set up and the tone that I get so that says alot. Overall: I will ALWAYS play and endorse Crate. They have been good to me over the years and would be hard pressed to find a replacement.

Crate FlexWave Half Stack Customer Review submitted January 18, 2011

Music Style: DeathCore/Metal
Sound: The sound is decent, i9 play in a Deathcore/metal band and the gain is just perfect. Its load and will leave you amazed Feature: could use some better feature controls, delay times arent able to be set to what you want Ease of Use: everything is right there in front and labeled. Couldnt get much easier Quality: I bought this amp in November 2009 and was amazed by the quality. Now its missing a few small parts that just werent made to last. its very top heavy and the slightlest touch could knock it over. this amp is reliable to a point. Right now i wish i had a backup, a recent electronic component issue caused the cabinet to blow. The volume fluctuates and dims and gets louder. The effects turn on when there off, its just a mess. Ive used this in 2 shows and it can hold its own if it works right. Value: The amp is worth it if you dont have enough money for any other amps. But i suggest you dont bother with this one Manufacturer Support: They respond within 2 days of an email, and are very straight forward. Not the greatest help but do help a little. The Wow Factor: Its an amp, cant really expect to to much from it Overall: Only had this amp for 14 months and already looking for a new one. i wish i never bought this amp
11 of 14 people (78.57%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It's descent" submitted June 22, 2008

By zash03
Overall
Sound: It sounds very proccessed, almost digital. This works for a lot of stlyes, especially metal. But if you want a raw guitar tone, keep looking. Also, it's not very loud. I was using a quiet guitar with single coil pickups, and it barely got over the drums. Feature: The effects were cool. They sound pretty good. My complaint is that you can't set the delay time for the delay. Ease of Use: It's an amp. You plug in and you're off. Quality: Pretty reliable. Its road worthy. Value: for the price, it's good. If you want a differents sound you'll probably have to spend more. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: Fairly sexy. Has a somewhat retro look. Overall: Everything is good except for the two most important things, the tone and the volume. Figure out what your priorities are. Keep on rockin.
24 of 44 people (54.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great all around amp " submitted February 2, 2014

By David G in Panama City, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I have 7 years experience i play a Gibson les paul custom in a metal band
Music Style: Rock,metal,blues,country, and rap covers
Overall: I've bought 2 of these amps I play everything from blues to death metal and this amp easly cover those tones and everything in between with no extra effects or distortion. It is very user friendly on complaint I have is there's no out for headphone on the front.

"Great all around amp " submitted February 2, 2014

By David G in Panama City, FL
Music Style: Rock,metal,blues,country, and rap covers

"If you wanna play metal at it's perfection. Get this amp. You will not be sorry. Beginner of professional. You try this. N soun" submitted September 25, 2009

Musical Background: 20yr. Metal guitarist
Music Style: Metal
Sound: Been on metal for 20 yes. N never had a bad problem kick ads sound. Love the chorus needs to be louder. But we use the guts out of them. The c130 is by far the best Ever for metal we. Are. Odium. N we use all crate you rock better than krank. By far. Thanks for a ez to use amp it kicks ass. Race k. Melton. Feature: Kick Pedals. R. Good. Needs no roadie tech to switch sounds Ease of Use: All I can say is it has it all. Quality: Excellent. Won't own any other Value: Can't get a better amp like this. Price is great Manufacturer Support: I had to fix my fx loop. They sent me some at no cost. Great. None better The Wow Factor: Has bad ass look n the awesome sound. Girls like to. Be next to outs. Any way Overall: All my life won't even play anything else ever

When you call, mention priority code 1720-MLXW. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976