866-ZZOUNDS (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 20Y-X8C2

Rating and Reviews: Cordoba GK Studio Guitar

The GK Studio has a slightly deeper body than the 55FCE, yet thinner than a standard Spanish guitar.

"Excellent instrument!" submitted February 28, 2011

Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Jazz/Latin/Flamenco
Sound: This is the first time, ever, that I was able to take a NEW guitar to rehearsal and then, play a concert with it the next day, without the need of any adjustments. Even my custom made instruments required a day at the Luthier's shop just to adjust the action for my playing and strings - with the GK Studio I had to do nothing (other than replacing the strings) - with a minimal eq the guitar sounded just beautiful - I am very pleased with its amplified sound and since my endorsement with another pickup system is expired I have been searching for a new one that would sound better and be more reliable. I have now found it. the GK is perfect in every way. I don't know how you guys do it but, I am pleased that I have tried it - perfect timing too for my upcoming projects.

"A guitar that lives up to it's name" submitted August 14, 2015

By Kuya Kano in Toledo, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Performing Spanish Guitarist for 5 years professionally. Guitarist for 38 years, collector of instruments from around the world
Music Style: Spanish Guitar
Overall: For years I have been playing a simple, low end Yamaha flamenco guitar due to... well, what can I say, I'm a working musician. THANKS to Zzound.com and Cordoba Guitars, I was finally able to afford this GK Studio Negra guitar, and let me say that after playing it, it is WORTH EVERY DOLLAR that it is priced at. To begin with, it arrived at my home double boxed, and further more padded in the inner box to ensure the safest shipping possible. To my surprise, unlike other guitars it came with its very own Cordoba soft case that wasn't even mentioned in the sale info. (BONUS!!!). The sound from the guitar resonates much longer than other guitars I've tested, and the tone from the guitar is much warmer than the others as well. Right out of the box, I was able to use the onboard tuner which is one less thing I have to have on stage. The action is absolutely amazing on this guitar, and even better, you can adjust the tension rod to your liking right between the strings in just a few seconds. The onboard adjustments truly solve having to hover around the soundboard. The three band EQ is standard, and it has additional adjustments to balance the pickups and inboard mic, along with adjustment to eliminate low end feedback. The only minor drawback is not having pegs for a guitar strap on it, but that is an easy fix, as I was planning to get a custom strap for it anyhow. As a fan of the Gipsy Kings, who have reigned for over 30 years with the Spanish guitars, Cordoba truly honored their name with this Gipsy King series Studio guitar. And I myself, and now proud to be both an owner and performer with this Cordoba GK Studio guitar.

"excellent guitar for the price" submitted June 2, 2011

Musical Background: musician
Music Style: all types
Sound: the sound is perfect for a flemenco guitar. it is crisp, the basses are deep and resonate well. Feature: great features Ease of Use: this guitar was already set up, i didn't even need to change the strings. Quality: for the price, this is great! Value: I would pay twice this amount at other companies for the same quality. Overall: I have had this guitar for only two months. I will enjoy it for many years to come. I have played guitar for over 35 years now.

"Test drive was smooth and it made me smile." submitted July 25, 2012

By Art Martinez in San Antonio, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since I was 16. Am now 52. Written songs personally and play for my own enjoyment.
Music Style: Christian, Blues, Country Rock
Overall: I just got me this guitar as a Fathers Day gift. I spent time, as I say test driving it and others. One of the things I look for is when the guitar lets me take it and it becomes one with me. Anywhere my fingers go the soud stay smooth and clear. Action all the way is tremendous and rewarding. By that I am rewarded with the sounds I get so clear I smile. Took hours matching it against a Taylor which I am favorable to. I tried so hard to like the Taylor, Yamaha, and others, but I still came back to the Cordoba. It was what I was seeking to get the soud I wanted. I paly it more now than my steal string guitars. Good stuff!!! "{)

"Cordoba's Quality Control Could Use Some Work" submitted January 24, 2016

By Bob W in Laguna Beach, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Suzuki violin as kid, piano from teen-age years, classical guitar classes locally. Acoustic guitar, amateur and student player.
Music Style: Folk, Rock, study classical and other forms.
Overall: Bought this guitar new from local authorized dealer. Sounded good in the store and liked the spruce top that produced a nice sound. Got it home and sat down to really try it out. It was then that I saw the guitar had a crack that was about 3/4 of an inch or so running through width of the soundboard at the lower curve of the cut out through the width of the wood. Looked like a chunk of the soundboard could come off.Worse is that there was a smear of what looks like grey Elmer's wood filler on the underside of soundboard where the crack was repaired (factory rework??) at the intersection of the neck and the cut out. This was not a B grade guitar that I purchased, but Cordoba Quality Control is not there.I don't know whether Cordoba contracts out manufacturing or if they buy pre-cut tops or cut their own. Calls into question the quality of material they use, and how something defective, reworked gets to an end-user. Amateur player who has a couple of steel stringed acoustics, Yamaha classical that was redone with new bone nut and bridge. Studying classical as a school elective.

"Blow away by this guitar." submitted January 29, 2012

By Garth F in Asheville, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for about 5 years.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Flamenco
Overall: I've owned this guitar for almost 2 years and LOVE it!

866-zZounds (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 20Y-X8C2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976

Seen it for less somewhere else? Get it for less at zZounds. Simply click the “Seen it for less?” link on any product page and as long as we‘re not losing money, we‘ll beat any legitimate competitor‘s lowest price, usually within two hours. Want our best price even faster? Call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll provide you with a lower price on the phone. Also, if you purchase from us and later find the product for less elsewhere, call or email us within 45 days, and we‘ll refund you the difference.

Buy it, try it, like it, or return it to us for a full refund. It‘s just that simple. If you‘re not in love with what you bought, return it to zZounds within 45 days, and we‘ll promptly arrange for an exchange or a refund. No hassles. No hidden charges. And if a product‘s defective or damaged, call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll email you a prepaid shipping label so you can easily return it to us at zero cost to you.

Simply click the Seen it for less? link next to the gear you want or call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637)