When you call, mention priority code 20W-PLK2

Rating and Reviews: Cordoba GK Studio Negra

Ole! This Cordoba guitar's European spruce top projects with authority, while its Indian rosewood back and sides articulate lows for fiery flamenco fury.

Overall

"Cordoba is meeting the demands of the modern guitarist" submitted July 16, 2012

By Anna Weaver in Columbus, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 36 years as a hobby.
Music Style: I enjoy many genres of music. I play worship music for various informal groups at church. In addition I play a small amount of
Overall: I am very pleased with the purchase of my GK Studio Cordoba nylon string guitar, and highly recommend it for playability and value. I am a steel string player who has switched to nylon string guitars in order to play more musical styles. I wanted to learn to read music by learning classical guitar and have now found a nylon string guitar a must for all my finger style playing. The problem has been finding a nylon string guitar that is playable and sounds good with a variety of musical styles. I have been searching endlessly for one that is smaller than your typical classical and has a sound that is brighter. I discovered that a Flamenco Negra guitar provides the bright sound I am looking for in addition to a thinner body. The GK Studio Negra is perfect for me. With the feature of a tress rod my repair man was able to get the action to 2mm at the 12th fret. Wow, great going Cordoba. A 50 mm nut width and the thinner neck depth adds playability without sacrificing being able to play classical music on this guitar. The final touch is the cutaway to reach the upper frets. The sound of this guitar is excellent for the ticket price. My only reserve is that this guitar is not made of all solid wood and has a whole in it for electronics. I am a purist and can hear the difference in a solid wood guitar and prefer to have passive amplification. Although this guitar sounds great and is perfect in all the functional aspects, I will be looking for another guitar. This GK Studio will be used for practice and "knocking around" while I save my money for a solid wood guitar with no electronics cut out. I highly recommend this guitar for the price range, sound, and playability. Even if I buy a higher quality solid wood guitar in the future, I will not get rid of my GK Studio.

"Superb Instrument!" submitted March 7, 2012

By Charles L in Rio Rancho, NM
Musical Background: intermediate fingerstyle player
Music Style: mostly fingerstyle, some other styles depending on my mood.
Overall: Ive had my Gk studio Negra for about 2 weeks now and i have to say that I havent picked up any of my other guitars since. I just love how this little powerhouse sounds. Its is very light weight and super comfortable to play. The action when i got it needed a bit of a tweak but I was able to get it super low without buzz. The guitar looks absolutelly beautiful and plays like a dream. I havent plugged mine in yet but I look forward to doing so soon. I have however played one plugged in at my local music store and was blown away at how it sounded using the Fishman loudbox mini amp. You cant go wrong with the price and value of this instrument especially if you travel. The tuners are beautiful and keep the instrument in perffect tune. The onboard electronics are nice, like i said, i havent plugged mine in but the onboard tuner is great. If you are looking into getting a new classical/flamenco style guitar get this one...you wont be dissapointed.

"Just Outstanding" submitted April 22, 2016

By Benny Munoz in Vineland, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I am a professional guitarist for the Lord.- with over 55 years experience. I specialize in Latin Jazz.
Music Style: Latin Jazz, Gospel, Trio, Smooth Jazz.
Overall: I received my of my GK Studio Cordoba nylon string guitar today and I have to say this guitar is just outstanding. It stand up to any custom made guitar from any Luther costing $3,000 to $5,000. I never expected that such a affordable guitar could sound so great. The craftsmanship together with the cosmetic look is just fabulous. I highly recommend the of my GK Studio Cordoba nylon string guitar. I've been playing for over 55 years and have seen, played, and owned high end guitars and this one is just as high end. The bass response and the highs are right on the button. I am a very particular as far as my guitars. They must sound outstanding and also look great as far as presentation. Over all this one is will be right with me anytime I go out and do my gigs and also play in our worship team. Five stars.

"Great Guitar!" submitted May 14, 2016

By Luis Nazario in Hidalgo, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for over 50 years. Play Steel Drums, Guitar, Bass.
Music Style: Rock, Latin, Caribbean.
Overall: I have played many guitars in 50 years as a musician, but the Cordoba GK Studio Negra guitar is a dream. The other day my son used in a recital at school and other students performers borrowed for their performance. Great Guitar!!! Bravo for Cordoba.

"Zzounds Payment Program and no hassle exchange program" submitted September 8, 2015

By Kuya Ka in Toledo, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 3 years as Recording Artist and Performer, performing World Inspired Spanish Guitar
Music Style: Spanish Guitar, Flamenco, Rhumba
Overall: Recently I purchased a Cordoba GK Studio series guitar through zZounds. this was my first purchase with them, and I purchased it through their 4-payment plan program. When I received the guitar, I noticed that the guitar had two dents in the wood work, one on each side of the sound hole. I later discovered a short in the electrical wiring within the guitar plug. I notified zZounds of the discrepancies, and without any hesitation they sent me a free UPS return label and assured me that as soon as the item was returned to UPS and scanned, they would send me a replacement. zZounds lived up to their word. Within days, I received the replacement guitar that was in perfect condition. I couldn't be happier with their customer service. I have to further give them great thanks for their zero interest payment program. As a working musician unable to get credit anywhere, zZounds steps up to the plate and offered me the guitar I've been wanting for years but couldn't afford. Their "Pay as you Play" program is hassle free, didn't rely on credit score, and I was accepted by zZounds where every other mega-musician store turned me down. For this, I am now a loyal fan of zZounds and will be a returning customer soon, making them my #1 place to supply my music business.

"Wow! Sound better than my Martin" submitted March 27, 2012

By Ramon R in Orocovis, PR
Overall
Musical Background: My father, uncles, cousins, wife, in-law and me self play guitars for many years.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: Had purchase a different brand and had to return because it sounds terrible. Had my reserves on the Cordoba, my in-law is a guitar teacher and has a Cordoba and also a Martin. I order the Cordoba and this instrument sound great, nice feature and super quality, easy to use and the wood looks great I mean it is beautiful, it just give you a wow! Impression. Can't let go of it. Very light, great electronics, the gig bag is very nice. I have lot to say about this great instrument, but I want to go back and play a little more or maybe a lot.

"The best guitar I have played" submitted March 27, 2012

By Ramon Rodriguez in Orocovis, PR
Overall
Musical Background: Play for Christian music.
Music Style: Christian
Sound: It has a great sound quality that exceeds higher priced guitars. Feature: Wow looking material, great craftsmanship and beautiful design. All seems in harmony. Ease of Use: Very light, easy to play with great nylon strings. Quality: It has a Fishman onboard electronics a tuner that works perfectly and great details. Value: Worth every penny compared to other brands. Manufacturer Support: Have not need to contact them. The Wow Factor: It take your breath away and you can't let go of it. Overall: I have played other guitars that cost 3 or more times as this beautiful GK Studio Negra from Cordoba. This is a great guitar, sound awesome, beautiful wood, great price and it has that wow factor that takes your breath away. Overall it a great guitar, you can’t find other guitars that sound so great at this price and give you the satisfaction of worth every penny.

When you call, mention priority code 20W-PLK2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976