When you call, mention priority code 1730-64J9

Rating and Reviews: Cordoba Flamenco Guitar

Get your hands on the Cordoba F7 flamenco-style nylon-stringed guitar. Its lightweight cypress body creates a surprisingly loud, resonant tone.

Overall

"The Best under 500.00 Flamenco Guitar Available you will not be disaponted." submitted April 9, 2011

By a customer from me.com
Music Style: Nuvo Flamemco, Rumba, Latin, New Age
Sound: This guitar the Cordoba F7 is exactly what I was looking for I have two very expensive flamenco guitars made by Lester Devoe, I wanted a guitar that I would be able to travel with with no fuss and worry. This guitar was the answer while it dose not sound like a DeVoe, its really no supposed to and would not even be fair to compare the two. That being said, The guitar in my opinion is absolutely amazing for this price point. The sound it good, it has a flamenco vibe to it the back and side are laminate so they don't have the sound of a real blanca that is made with tone wood that is Cyprus. Again this guitar is less than 500.00 The playable was a very nice surprise, all up and down the fret board the notes ring and sound very good. The playability is very easy and feels great on the left hand the neck is very well shaped and there are no frets sticking out on the side of the neck. I installed a Fishman Ellipse Matrix Blend pick and mic and am very happy with the results. I have no reservations in taking this guitar out to gig with. I feel very good about the purchase and would recommend that anyone who is looking for a flamenco guitar and knows that if you really want that Flamenco sound you do need to spend more than 500.00 but if your goal is to have a great guitar that you can play, travel with, take to the beach, parties, fly with and be able to play and have it sound the way a flamenco guitar is supposed to as compared to a classical guitar then this is the guitar for you. I have used the guitar in my studio and have been very happy with the results. My purpose however was for a travel and live playing guitar that I would feel more comfortable with taking out. When playing live in small settings I will be using the Roland BA 330 for my PA. Feature: Came with a great light weight gig bag Ease of Use: Tune play and rasagados right away and playing rumbas etc. Quality: Finish is great, however there seems to be a sligh mismatch in the verner and the center wood stripe, dose not affect the sound at all just a mis to attention when building the gutiar. In no way is this a deal breaker in my opinion. The gutiar looks great and the tunners felt good and keep string in tune, I am used to pegs on my other gutiars. Value: To me the price was perfect and with Zzound 4 payments you can pick this guitar up for less than 130.00 a month, no one else offers that as far as I am aware. Manufacturer Support: I have contacted Cordoba two times and they got back to me with answers very quick about a hard case, and the best pickup and size to install. They were very kind as well and the information that they gave me was perfect to find a solution. The Wow Factor: Looks like and feels like a true flamenco guitar Overall: I purchased this guitar to play when I travel, or play out in environments where taking a 8000.00 is just not wise. For me this guitar is a keeper and solves many issues that I was facing while playing in small clubs, bars, restaurants etc. I can use this guitar as well as a teaching guitar for students. It meets my goals and expectations for a good working guitar to travel with and have a pick up and mic installed.

"Great" submitted July 30, 2010

By a customer from optusnet.net.au
Musical Background: Professional 30 years
Music Style: Jazz, latin, classical
Sound: A great easy guitar to play...excellent choice for beginning/budding flamenco guitarist has the playability needed to master many techniques...very growly and reasonable tone...best value for price...obviously the sound will not compare to solid body higher end guitars, but it is the playablity that makes me pick it up for practicing every time over my other guitars Feature: Good quality build and quality purfling, machine heads and rosette Ease of Use: playability is excellent Quality: Extremely well made for the price Value: Value for money A++++++++++++++++++++ Manufacturer Support: Not applicable The Wow Factor: Stupid question...only relevant to marketing people Overall: I would replace if lost or stolen

"For the price, nothing better!" submitted January 2, 2013

By Vladimir K in State College, PA
Musical Background: Played for 4 years, self-taught, jam with friends
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, Bossa Nova, Classical
Sound: First of all, the sound is very clean - there is no muddiness to it at all on any string. This is a quality that one should look for regardless of the guitar style. The sustain is quite short - definitely shorter than my friends Cordoba C7 (classical). The trebles have a very bright sound (not the warm tone you have on a classical), and have an almost bell-like tendency to ring. The bass strings also sound great. As a flamenco guitar should have, there is some fret buzz, though only on one string. The store owner said that if a true flamenco player bought the guitar, he would lower the strings to half their current height, so there would be fret buzz on all strings. I guess this is something I will experiment with later. All that being said, the buzz only appears when the string is played hard, and the buzz does not remain for long. Overall, the sound of this guitar is amazing - I could find nothing better for the price among 50 or so guitars up to 1,000 dollars. It is really fitting of the flamenco/percussive style (and therefore not so fitting for classical compositions that require a warm tone - think Segovia). Feature: The truss rod is the feature that sets Cordoba apart from other guitars. Since I move around a lot to different climates, it is nice to have that option. In terms of build, quality and finish, it is great overall - though there are some minor comments. The front and back of the guitar are not book-matched (looks good anyway). The color is a very pleasant white/gold combination, and the wood pattern is beautiful. Also, the frets protrude just a tiny bit from the neck at some points (again a minor point). The woods used a fitting for the price range. I think it would be impossible to find a all solid-wood guitar for $500. So, a solid top is the best you can do. Ease of Use: I found the guitar very playable. The action is about half as high as on my previous classical guitar. And despite having high tension strings, virtually no pressure is required to hold regular or barre chords. The low action and high tension also facilitate hammer-ons and pull-offs. It's not as playable as an electric of course, but it's as close as a true classical is going to get. Quality: I found no quality issues with the guitar. Tuning is nice and smooth, and the guitar stays in tune for a couple of days at least. Per dealer suggestion, I purchased an Oasis humidifier, and keep the guitar in the case/humidified during the winter months at least. With proper care, I don't see why it would not last 50-100 years. Value: I think that for the price, there is not a better flamenco guitar. You really get a lot for your money. The Wow Factor: It's a beautifully build light guitar, but for me sound and play-ability were the deciding factors. Overall: I settled on this guitar after a very thorough visit to a guitar shop specializing in classical guitars. Before, I had played an inexpensive $70 guitar for several years that was beyond repair. I found this an exceptional guitar for the price in terms of features, sound, build quality, etc.

"Enough said" submitted June 15, 2010

By a customer from optusnet.net.au
Musical Background: Pro 30 years
Music Style: Keeps changing
Sound: For the price the sound quality is great. Maybe a bit more buzz in the strings that people might like but I love playing it and actually like the tone for flamenco...I challenge any guitar to sound and feel so good for the price... Feature: For the price the model i have is excellent build. The quality of machine heads and overall finish is amazing. Ease of Use: I love playing it. I have guitars up to $7K but when I practice I pick this one up every time...extremely light, easy peasey to play, love the feel and action...also take to paritrs etc...robust, good volume and poeple have commented on its unique sound... Quality: Couldn't ask for more given its price Value: Enough said Manufacturer Support: Not applicable...haven't experienced The Wow Factor: No comment...stupid question Overall: I have all the guitars I need...however if this was lost or stolen i would probably replace it because such good fun to play...

When you call, mention priority code 1730-64J9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976