When you call, mention priority code 1455-K53X

Rating and Reviews: Chauvet 4BAR Light System

Bathe your audience in mesmerizing light with this wash LED system. With four heads with over 100 LEDs in each, the 4BAR produces a huge range of colors.

"A quick, easy and complete all-in-one LED system" submitted January 20, 2011

Musical Background: Semi-Pro
Music Style: Rock, Bass, 80's and 90's
Sound: It is a set of lights. No sound. Duh! Still gave it a 10 though cause it is a great system and if it made sound it would probably be awesome. Feature: The lights do exactly what they should. No heat and very little electricity used. No more blown fuses in the small clubs. Footswitch is good but a little tricky to get exactly what you want sometimes. Another button or two on it would be nice. Need to get a DMX controller for full control. Ease of Use: 5 minute set up. Seriously. Quality: The lights are great. Very light and portable but solid too. Like anything else just be careful and you will have no problems. Comes with a carrying case for the lights and the stand. The carrying case is great but the pocket for the footswitch is almost too small and is starting to wear and show signs of stress. Value: All in one LED system, footswitch and carrying case and a 5 minute set up. Great value compared to a 4 can old fashioned PAR system. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to deal with them yet. The Wow Factor: I own it. Will be purchasing another as soon as this one is paid off and hook them up to a DMX controller. zZounds "4 pay" is the way to go. Overall: See all other comments above.
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best portability - great build quality." submitted August 15, 2010

Musical Background: Mobile DJ
Music Style: everything
Sound: Built like a tank - great reliability - portability like no other - better than the ADJ alternative. Feature: The footpedal is built very well but has some trouble fitting in the included bag. The built in patterns are great and it does wash lighting without straining your back at gigs. Footpedal cord is nice and long and all of the connections have been solid. No reliability issues so far. Not meant to be treated roughly however. The 4PLAY addition would be spectacular and I would love to go into a gig with that kind of flexibility. Ease of Use: Ease of use is really the whole purpose for getting this system. With two small and light bags you have have an entire wash lighting system that used to take me 5 times the weight and setup before. Set it for the color you want and be done with it. Setup time is virtually none. Quality: I really have to say the 4BAR suprised me with the build quality. I compared it to the ADJ alternative and thought the 4BAR was much more solid on the physical connections. Definately dont abuse this rig but if you treat it right you should be able to get some great use out of it. Value: For the price you wont find another wash system that is this portable. Period end of story. The ADJ alternative had a much weaker brightness and the par cans looked flimsy. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to deal with Chauvet yet - but given their track record with all the large-scale club installs they do - I think they will be reputable. The Wow Factor: Very very sleek looking. It takes the old school look of the big and hot par cans and updates it. Add a 4PLAY to this and youve got a full featured rig that can go anywhere. Overall: No problems thus far and my setup and teardown time has been cut in half. Not to mention the overall weight of my gear.

"LOVE IT!" submitted October 15, 2012

By Bob Heck in Pittsfield, MA
Musical Background: 11 years as a mobile DJ
Sound: Ummm....this is a light...but it reacts great to sound. Feature: I can not get over how easy this is to set up and tear down. It has never taken more than 10 minutes to do either. Ease of Use: There is no learning curve. I've had to tweak a bit with the sensitivity to the lights reaction to the music, but I've had success having it pretty close to minimum sensitivity. Quality: I've had zero issues over the first 10 months of pretty heavy use so it is very well made. Value: YES! I price it at $100 to send out, and I've used it as a throw in for couples who were on the fence. It pays for itself in no time. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to utilize it. The Wow Factor: It is very cool looking. The first time we brought it out was for a wedding show we did not long after getting it. In a setting where you are trying to make your business stand out, it was hugely successful. Overall: It doesn't make much sense to review a product within a month of buying it so here I am 10 months later after a full busy wedding season where this rig went out multiple times a week.

"4-Bar and 4-play combo in band setting is awesome!" submitted February 26, 2011

Music Style: rock, top 40 dance
Sound: Sound mode is great for DJ music, but a little too uncontrollable with a band. No matter how low you turn it down, it either goes from nothing, to super fast chases. I use it for fast paced songs though. All in all a great unit. Note: I only use the suppied foot pedal which is limited, but overall a good tool, but to really get the most use out of these, a DMX controller would do wonders! With that said, I'll probably just use the footcontroller to keep setup/breakdown time to a minimum, and for ease of use. Afterall, that's why I bought these! Feature: I use this with two bands I play in. Great for 20 minute setups! I have 2-4bars and 2-plays and run them together so they sync opposite of each other on stage. No DMX controlled yet, so chases are limited. I leave the 4-plays on sound mode all night and they really get the crowd moving and dancing. Ease of Use: Super easy setup and breakdown. They are sooooo much easier than the old PAR can setup we had, those things were heavy and took up a ton of cargo space. Quality: Very well made construction. Black painted metal and black plastic led housing's. Just be careful with the housing's, could break if you drop them or don't use the case while transporting. Value: WELL WORTH THE MONEY for any band or DJ setup! For the price, and ease of use they really can't be beat! Manufacturer Support: Called Chauvet a few times with questions and they were very helpful. The Wow Factor: They look GREAT! I've received compliments EVERYTIME I've used them so far. They definitely added much movement on stage when using with the band. They look SUPER professional, and definitely have helped or show in a positive way. With the 4-plays hooked up, they ad SO MUCH movement and help get people dancing! We're using these in clubs in which most bands don't bring ANY lighting, and they have really made us stand out above the rest. Overall: Not looking to replace these anytime soon. They are one of the best investments the band has made!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Chauvet 4BAR LED " submitted June 20, 2014

By Tommy W in Whitesburg, TN
Musical Background: Karaoke Host 20 years
Music Style: All styles and genres
Sound: The sound is not applicable here but it responds real well to sound. Feature: The most useful feature is the sound activation for me that is since i don't use any other controllers to run the lights since I'm using a single unit. Ease of Use: Not applicable on this product. Quality: The construction of the light bar itself is constructed quite well. However the stand that it comes with is made quite cheap and I expect to replace it with a better one in the near future. Value: Since this is the first product that I have ever purchased when it comes to lighting it's hard for me to base an opinion on the overall cost. However, If the Led's and electrical components holds the course of time the purchase price will be worth the cost of this product. Manufacturer Support: When i purchased the produce and as a first time user, the instructions booklet was very vague so i contacted the manufacture. It took two days for a return call. By that time I figured out how to use the equipment. The turnaround time would appear to be very slow if you experience a problem So don't wait until showtime before seeking help. The Wow Factor: It has great eye appeal and makes our show look more professional and is a great selling point for us when trying to book new events. Our customers love it and it looks like it will be a big benefit to us down the road. Overall: I was sent this by email to write a review on my purchase of the Chauvet 4 bar led light system.Here is what i know thus far.. In the short period of having this item which is now little better than a month, I can tell you that the bar itself is very easy and straightforward on setup, pretty much plug and play. These lights are very bright., more so than what i've expected. They come with a gig stand which in my opinion is a little on the cheesy side which is working well at the moment but I feel in the future I will be replacing it down the road. If you're a novice in lighting you wont have a problem setting up these lights. However If You're like me and this is the first time working with stage lighting, the instruction manual is a little bit vague. I run a Karaoke show and decided to add some light effects to the show which turned out not to be a bad idea. I run the lights off sound activation and that part of the programming works like a champ. The control knob on the rear is very sensitive and doesn't require much gain to operate. which tells me that the built in microphone is of good quality. Even at far away distance the sound is picked up quite well and produces a good light show. I especially love the swivel on the lights itself so that you can angle each square to exhibit light in any direction. The total energy consumption is less than a 60 watt light bulb on the total bar itself which is another great feature. Bottom line Great find..

"A Piece of Cake ;)" submitted December 2, 2012

By Dan T in Nashua, NH
Musical Background: World's Oldest Mobile DJ - 70
Music Style: Pop Rock, Etc
Sound: N/A Feature: Quick setup. Ease of Use: It's a no brainer Quality: Seems to be constructed quite well. Value: Yes ;) Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Perfect for my business. I'm using it with other Chauvet portable lighting on another tripod so this works out very well. Overall: Absolutely a great system. Yes, it does set up in just minutes and with the carrying case and bag it makes my life simple. You really don't need to add the DMX unless you want to go all out. For my purpose I'm happy with the system operating using the internal Mic. It's one of the best pieces of lighting equipment I've used in my 42 (yes 42) years as a Mobile DJ.

"Chauvet 4Bar LED Wash Light System" submitted May 27, 2014

By James Christensen in Grand Canyon, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Bass Guitar and harmonica professionally and semi pro for 40 years
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues, and now a style we like to call "Groove Rock". Also played a lot of Heavy Metal an "80's Rock"
Sound: Extreemly quiet, just how lighting should be. Quality: Well built. I think it will stand up to road very well as long as you take care of it. Value: Without a doubt, it's the best bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: I've used Chauvet lighting for 15 years and never had any major problems. They make good, affordable and dependable lighting systems. The Wow Factor: It really enhances the show. And down the road we're going to incorporate the DMX protocol for a really intense show. Overall: I just purchased the 4Bar system and was a litle sceptical. However, after using it just once, I'm sold. So easy to set up, just as easy to use. It really brings a show to life. And you can't beat the price. It's great stuff. The only drawbacks I found, the sound activated program is too sensitive but can still be used effectivley, and I wish the pre-programed scenes could have been more imaginative. That being said, I'm purchasing a second 4Bar and some additional effects lighting. We always sounded good, now we look good too.

"I highly recommend this product because of its quality and price. You won't regret buying these lights" submitted January 5, 2011

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: all kinds of music
Sound: Love this product, Goes good with the music, easy to set up. As soon as I pay this product, I plan to purchase another one just like this one. I like the different lights that come out of every unit. When they said it was easy to set up, they were not kidding. Highly recommend. Value: WORTH THE PRICE. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with the company, but have not had any trouble with this product. The Wow Factor: Have had several good and positive comments about the lights from my customers. Overall: Very please with this product, don't plan to change anytime soon.

"These lights bring an outstanding addition to our shows. I will definatley be buying more." submitted November 1, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: top 40s
Sound: The lights have been an excellent addition to my band gigs and DJ jobs. I will be ordering another set shortly. Thanks Zsounds for being the best priced and easiest to deal with. Feature: The foot switch makes it nice to black out the stage in between songs . It adds so much to the show. Ease of Use: Very easy to use just put lights on pole plug up power and foot switch and raise to height. Very easy to operate. Quality: Well built

"Worth the price!" submitted July 6, 2011

Musical Background: active production engineer
Feature: The DMX is a plus. Set up is quick and painless. Very portable. Good overall light fill. I use these both for mobile DJ and I rent them out to small bands production. Ease of Use: The on board menu is a little hard to get used to. I've had to refer back to the manual everytime I need to change the settings. Quality: I've had this guy and the 4-play for about 8 months now. I have babied these lights because they are not extremely rugged but very good if you treat them well. The stand is the worst component and has screws on the bottom folding legs that kept coming loose even with locking (nylon insert) nuts. I replaced these and that seemed to help. Also, the stand bag has a nylon zipper that didn't last but a month. HOWEVER...this is still a great purchase and I don't regret it. The ease of setup and portability more than make up for the couple of quality dings. Value: This is a great solution for any traveling small club band or DJ needing a quick setup with no "lighting tech" and easy to pack and go. Manufacturer Support: Never used yet.

"AMAZING PRODUCT!!" submitted October 24, 2011

Musical Background: Professional Band leader
Music Style: All
Feature: Amazing hard case, very cool foot controller and stand all included!! Ease of Use: Retardedly easy to use. Quality: Very well made. The lights themselves are housed in all plastic but if you're anything like me, you take care of your gear, that won't make any difference. Plus, the LEDs don't get hot so plastic is just fine and really cuts down in the over all weight. Value: Amazing value for what you get! The Wow Factor: It's like an Apple product! Very sleek and easy to use. Overall: If you're looking for lights... just buy this already!!

"Excellent light show" submitted January 23, 2012

By George Lestet
Musical Background: Mobile/Club
Music Style: Hip-hop Pop Salsa Reggaeton Reggae R&B Old School
Overall: Very easy to move around and set up for a gig adds a lot of excitement to your party when this thing comes on.I will definately buy another 1 .One is good but if you have 2 it would be excellent.amazed when i first saw it light up my living room. zzounds doesnot play when it comes to shipping,the fastest shipping company by a landslide.

"Good lights - Stands are crap" submitted September 18, 2013

By John S in Danville, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing for 12 years. Play Rhythm Guitar professionally
Music Style: Country
Overall: I have had two sets of these for about a year. Have had a couple of issues where I had to open them up and re-seat the connectors so the lights would work or work correctly. Over all, I have been completely satisfied.The light stands are complete crap. The knobs have stripped out on both stands.

"Get one now!" submitted July 25, 2011

By a customer from debbyz.com
Musical Background: 35 year DJ Company owner
Music Style: all
Sound: Great quality, absolutely perfect effect. Bright and packaged so nicely with the guitar case carrier. LOVE the foot pedal. I hightly recomment this.

"Great for Small Gigs." submitted January 31, 2011

Music Style: Acoustic, Rock & Country Rock
Sound: The sound activated setting is a little touchy. Even crancked down to a minimum, the chase is very quick. Great if your a DJ. Feature: The foot controller is a nice feature to be able to move through the scenes, change to sound activated and blackout. Ease of Use: If using a single 4Bar, it's plug and play. We are linking two together and it took a few attempts to getting running as expected but a great feature to being able to link two or more together controlled by a single foot switch. Quality: The case is a very nice feature to keep the 4Bars in good condition. Construction appears well. My only complaint is the housing on the cable for screwing the foot controller into the unit does not tighten on the cable. I can foresee this being a point of failure in the future. Value: Compared to the similare items I think the 4Bar provides many more features. I have seen a similar MBT product at the same price point but the lights are static on the MBT model. The benefit of Chauvet's is each light contains all colors. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed to contact support. The Wow Factor: For small gig's (bars) these units are great, very compact & easy to setup and transport. Being able to link several of two or more together and being able to control them from the foot controller saves us time and money we'd otherwise be paying for a light guy for our smaller gigs. The heat difference alone between the traditional par cans and the LED's is worth it. We plan on adding a couple of the Chauvet Mini ColorStrips in the near future.

"Great accessory!" submitted October 26, 2011

Overall
Feature: This is a very easy to use item that will add to any event. The foot switch is simple, and the 4 l.e.d. fixtures do a great job of filling a dance floor with light. Ease of Use: Very easy to set up and use right out of the box. Quality: I would like a removable power cord, and the foot switch connector is flimsy too. Value: Very inexpensive for what you get. Big improvement to scene-setting compared to old fashioned pin spots or flood lamps. Overall: Overall, you get what you pay for. Great product for the money.

"Great overall, if you don't need the strobe!" submitted March 30, 2011

Music Style: Rock, metal, and electronic
Sound: Overall, its a nice basis for a small, portable setup. Feature: The built in patterns are fine, basic color flashes and fades. Footswitch is nice if you're not using DMX. It doesn't let you turn on/off the strobe, but that's not a problem- read on. THE STROBE IS USELESS!!!!!!!! It flashes way to slow to actually be called a "strobe". Its about the speed of a fast chaser, but with all the lights in unison. Ease of Use: No need to hook up the lights with individual DMX cables. 1 power cable, 1 DMX or footswitch cable, and you're good to go. Very fast setup! Quality: Seems to be fairly solid, but I haven't owned it long enough to give an accurate rating here. The case should help with longevity though. Value: Good price for a small, 4 piece system, with case and stands. Manufacturer Support: Called to see if the strobe on mine was not typical. Average customer service. The Wow Factor: A very elegant piece for small setups. Overall: Very portable, simple to set up, and great value- but the strobe feature REALLY holds this back.

"If you have the money? Buy it now...." submitted March 31, 2011

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: ALL
Feature: Love this light, one of the brightest lights for the money. Ease of Use: Takes about 2 min to set up and tear down. Quality: So far so good, the foot pedal stick after only a few uses, but overall a wonderfull product for $399.00 Value: I will buy again

"Simple to use" submitted November 21, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in Shiprock, NM
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar 40yrs, jam at home only, Me and my family DJ alot.
Music Style: We DJ so All Music, Native, Christian, Electric,Country, Blues, Rock, Metal, Death Metal etc;.
Overall: WOW! the setup was quick and easy. LED lamps are superbright and one set can do the show! the foot switch made it simple too to control the lights. you dont need alot of power to run the 4BAR. Very nice. i wish i had bought this a year ago.....Awesome zZounds!

"Chauvet 4BAR LED Lighting System" submitted November 18, 2012

By Stacy G in Coushatta, LA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 30 years , I a local band, play guitar, drums, and keyboard.
Music Style: We play country, rock, some blues and alternative rock
Overall: Great item, they work great for small or larger stages. The only thing I might change is a large side pocket for controller, other than that they are perfect for our band.

"4 bar led light" submitted April 3, 2012

By glen s in perryville, MO
Musical Background: sound system
Music Style: all types
Overall: This light set up is awesome woulnt change back for nothing. this light is bright and has such a variety of lighting you could get by with just this light it covers the whole dance floor.

"A good unit for the price" submitted October 31, 2012

By Lou Paris in Kingston, NY
Overall
Overall: The Good: Setup of the 4BAR is quite easy and quick to be fully operational. It comes in a very streamlined package and includes foot pedal control. LEDs are very bright and thin. DMX capabilities a plus.The Bad: Only real negative is the mic sensitivity. Even at the lowest settings most music will trip it off into an almost strobe effect. Also Chauvet should have included at least a 15' power cable. The Wish It Had: I do also wish there was wireless DMX capabilities out of the box.

"Excellent Choice" submitted May 1, 2014

By a customer from gmail.com in Fort Milll, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Mobile DJ for 4 years. Using DDJ-SX. Perform at private functions.
Music Style: All music styles.
Overall: As a mobile Dj, I wanted add a little showmanship to the rest of my setup. I was amazed at the way these lights performed. Very easy to setup and use.

"Amazing" submitted February 3, 2012

By Matthew M in Denton, MD
Musical Background: Mobile DJ for 3 years
Overall: Love the way they look under the 4Bar Led Stage Kit. Wish there was a way to hook them up to foo controller so i could turn them both off at same time, but other then that i love them!

"Lights for my DJ business" submitted May 22, 2014

By Ronnie C in Burns, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music for 50 yrs. I played Bass when I played in a band, I just started my DJ business in Jan of this year (2014)
Music Style: Love classic rock and country, but play hip hop and blues to keep the dance floor packed.
Overall: The Chauvet 4Bar lights that I recently bought are totally awesome. On my first job that I done everyone was amazed at how much they added to my DJ business. I will be adding more of them soon.

"Chauver 4Bar" submitted November 4, 2012

By Darren L S in Longwood, FL
Overall
Overall: Excellent DJ Lighting System for the on-the-go DJ's. Easy set up and break down. You can't go wrong with this lighting system.

"Great set up!!!" submitted September 13, 2010

Musical Background: 20 years as Mobile/Club DJ
Music Style: Spanish
Feature: Great set up, it was up and running in no time. If you buy the 4play and use it this you will have a great light show. I doubt that you will need some other untis. Value: For the money you get the lights,Stand and controller? :) Manufacturer Support: I just got them The Wow Factor: Just get it.

"The Chauvet 4Bar LED lighting system is great. It's compact, easy to carry and store. It also packs well when traveling. It a" submitted January 6, 2011

Overall
Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Quality: This product should come with a power cable that is detachable. Any cord made to the unit is bound to short at some point. I should be able to simply plug in another power cord. Manufacturer Support: never dealt with manufacturer

"Buy it, you'll Like it" submitted June 23, 2011

By a customer from netscape.net
Overall
Sound: For a Light system it sounds great! Feature: It is a great set-up, comes with everything you need to put on an instant light show Ease of Use: Unless you know DMX and how it works, the information provided by Chauvet is minimal - you will fumble or have to contact customer service - A learning curve is definetly needed Quality: So far so good - the case is a little on the weak side, but it is included in the price - the bar itself is very solid & no problems with the stand. Value: Try and find a better package for the price Manufacturer Support: Both email and phone support is very good - I definetly needed it & they helped me figure it out - I was a completely ignorant DMX user - I have a long way to go but can do the minimal I need now at least - look forward to expanding The Wow Factor: It is a slick little package - Looks good on the stage Overall: I will soon be buying another for both sides & looking to add to it with other lights - I did get the Obey 40 DMX controller which compliments well - the Obey 3 will NOT work -

"Foot Switch" submitted April 6, 2012

By Rhonda N in Venice, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Over 15 years. No instruments, just sing.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Disco, Funk, Oldies, Country
Overall: The lights have been wonderful. There is no way to control them when the foot switch breaks/ or stops working. The foot switch is known to give everyone I know, trouble. I know 4 people right now that the foot switch has went out on them. I have been trying to locate a place that sells them and have failed. The only way they work now is to blink constantly. My rating changed from when I bought them last year at being a perfect to now what I have selected.

"These lights are exceptional!!!" submitted September 24, 2012

By Matt R in Elkhart, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 18 yrs in several bands varying music styles....
Music Style: Rock n roll
Overall: I bought these lights as a base to start an entire lighting rig. I could not be more pleased with them. Set up in less than 10 minutes out of the box. I bought a pair and they work great together. You may want a dmx controller to use all of the functions, but other than that these lights really added to my bands presentation.

"Great lights, great price!!" submitted October 12, 2012

By Matt R in Elkhart, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 17+ years in several bands that gig regularly.
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz., jam,
Overall: I bought these lights as a start for an entire stage lighting setup. The lights are awesome, included bags are pretty durable, the foot switch is a little chinsy, but overall these lights are great !! I had them setup and working out Of the box with no experience in less than 20 minutes. I bought a pair and they work well together. I strongly suggest buying a decent dmx controller.

When you call, mention priority code 1455-K53X. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976