When you call, mention priority code 175R-JYPJ

Rating and Reviews: Charvel DS-2 ST Guitar

This electric guitar from Charvel is highly affordable and comes in three unique color designs.

"One of Charvel's best guitars" submitted July 13, 2012

By Ivan L in Livermore, CA
Musical Background: 1/2 year of playing guitar,
Music Style: 80's Speed Metal,80's Thrash Metal
Sound: you get a " Megadeth " sound from it, which i really like Feature: The separate tone and volume knobs for each pickup really expands your ability to play. Ease of Use: the action is really great on this so as far as playing chords, harmonics and just basic stuff, there is no problem Quality: The shape,the neck,the bridge, they all are just perfect, they would last a pretty long time Value: This guitar is just as good, if not then better than my 1991 Charvel Randy Rhoads V Guitar Manufacturer Support: The were friendly in responding to questions i had The Wow Factor: the designs make it look better than a gibson Overall: I bought this guitar from Zzounds a few weeks ago and when i received it the electronics were weak, on the 2nd day the out, the output jack broke, i exchanged itfor a new one on zzounds and so far it hasn't failed me,the Tuners always stay in tune,the headstock logo looks awesome,the action on this guitar is perfect for metal,

"Nothing better under 500 bucks. Period." submitted December 2, 2011

By a customer from citcom.net
Music Style: Rock, Christian
Sound: I was very impressed with the sound of this guitar. It has Charvel brand active pickups but the tone is very Gibson. Way more Sg/Melody Maker than Les Paul. Plus, great big full clean tones. Feature: The best features other than the perfect finish and all mahogany construction and set neck would have to be each pickup has its own volume and tone control. The tuners hold tune very well even with brand new strings. Again, the stock active pickups are quite good. I have the Ds2 in trans black. It really looks great. Ease of Use: Its a guitar, its easy to use. Having a seperate volume and tone control for each pickup really gives you lots of freedom for tone options. The neck is fantastic, slim like a small d shape. Quality: Best quality I've ever seen at this price point. The factory set up was almost perfect. Value: Best quality I've seen in this price range. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them. The Wow Factor: The finish and shape looks stunning in person. The guitar is quite compact, very light compared to my Les Paul. Overall: I expect this guitar to last. I would replace it in a heart beat.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"If your looking for a rockin single cut style guitar under $600 Buy this one! " submitted November 28, 2012

By Blake K in sainte genevieve, MO
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Old School metal, Alt rock, and Blues.
Overall: I have owned plenty of guitars at this price range and some around the $600 dollar mark and this guitar is well worth every penny I spent. Forget LTD, Schecter, and the Epiphone! This guitare looks great sounds great and feels great in your hands. I actually like the Charvel actives and I am not a fan of active pickups. No need to upgrade! The flamed blue smear top can hang with the PRS US models. The tuners are smooth as butter. Ah yes the neck! Not as thin as a Jackson but feels great and the natural wood finish is a plus. Out of the box the guitar was ready to play with out any setup. I am going to re string it for 10's to suit my playing style. The only thing I would change is the volume and tone pots. They are not as responsive as I like but for the price of the guitar this is not a negative. This guitar is perfect for rock to full on modern metal. I would not recommend it for blues or jazz due to the active pickups installed. You can swap them out for passives and you will have a jack of all trades guitar.

"The best guitar for a low price" submitted July 31, 2012

By Isaiah Elliott
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 3 years now. I record music and do gigs.
Music Style: 80's Rock, 80's Hard Rock, Metal, 80's Heavy metal. Go Metallica!!!!!
Overall: I just bought this guitar and I have to say that it is the best guitar I have owned. I don't like the single cutaway but I'll deal with it. I have played every guitar in guitar center and then I went to a local dealer who sells Charvel and played this guitar and fell in love with it. The wood is great and the pickups rock hard!!! Quality: Made of good wood and the hardware is tuff. Sound: It gives you all the sounds of a les paul. Its pretty awesome Value: You get more than what you paid for it. There was a guy who bought a $3500 PRS and said that this guitar played equally as good if not better. Ease of use: Super lightweight. But like I said before, single cutaway makes it hard to play on the higher frets. Wow Factor: Great looks. Chick magnet!!!!

When you call, mention priority code 175R-JYPJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976