When you call, mention priority code 16HC-KF62

Rating and Reviews: Celestion Rocket 50

The Celestion Rocket 50 is a stage classic. Offering Celestion quality at a great value, the Rocket 50 is a great speaker for any style of music.

Overall

"Don't listen to the nay sayers, take it from a pro these are worth the try." submitted January 9, 2011

Musical Background: Active professional
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Sound: Listen up all, I play for a living and own every amp and speaker you can think of from 5 watts to 120 watts. These speakers rip, they have nice tight clear low end and very nice singing high end. They are built very well for and import speaker and well worth the cash. I have Rola Celestion G12/65's and they hold up against them well, I also have Celestion G12/70,s and G12 30's and they stack up well. Great for high gain 5150 or triple recto tones. Try em. Feature: Well made, and move air very well. Ease of Use: Muscular tones are easy to get, break up well when driven and stay clear at all DB levels. Quality: Well made............... Value: Best speaker for the money I ever tried.

"DEFINITELY NOT AWFUL! These speakers offer the best bang for the buck if you're on a budget. They didn't disappoint me and soun" submitted August 9, 2010

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Blues / Classic Rock / Rock
Sound: For the price I really can't complain. I used these to replace the 4 stock speakers thst came with my closed back Kustom G-412 half stack and the difference was amazing. I've been playing blues, classic rock and rock for 40 years and these speakers suit me just fine. I have 5 different heads ranging from 20 watts to 150 watts and they handle everything I throw at them within reason. Decent lows, nice mids and pronounced highs for soloing. I don't know how they would sound in a 1 or 2 speaker combo but in a 4x12 cab they're killer for the price... Feature: They're speakers. 'Nuff said. Ease of Use: I have no problem getting "My Tone" from these speakers. Quality: They look well made to me. Everybody's bashing China these days but their stuff is getting better and better. Does anybody remember when made in japan was supposed to be a joke? How'd that work out for the bashers? Value: This is absolutely the best bang for the buck if you're looking for budget speakers for a 4x12 guitar cab hands down! Manufacturer Support: Didn't need to contact Celestion and hope I don't have to. The Wow Factor: It's just a practical addition. No cold sweats here! Overall: I'm hoping to get some decent mileage from these speakers. They look well made. I would definitely replace if stolen / buy again / recommend to friends.

"Worked very well for my application." submitted November 14, 2012

By Shannon S in Marietta, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for over 30 years. Drums, bass, guitar.
Music Style: Metal, stoner, doom, reggae, funk, blues.
Overall: I put the 16 ohm Rocket 50 in my Peavey ValveKing VK112 combo. The stock speaker was too muddy. I was a bit skeptical of this speaker at first but after installation I was sold and knew I had bought the right speaker. I also replaced the V3 phase inverter tube with a 12AT7. This is an entirely different sounding amp. I'm overjoyed with the possibilities of this amp now. Awesome cleans and crank it up for a little cone breakup, sweet. I can finally use the lead channel now without the gain boost but I use the gain boost for metal. It is not as loud as the stock heavy magnet 100watt speaker but I'm using it for recording so it's perfect. For more metal tone use your fav metal pedal through the clean and you've got metal galore. It can handle any pedal you throw at it. Great speaker. 4 would sound great in any 4x12 cab. Great British voicing. If you've just got to have more bass then I'd recommend the Seventy 80 or Hot 100 for you low tuned metalheads.

"amazing sound and not a bank breaker." submitted June 4, 2012

By Mark Harding in Kettle Falls, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Played 30 years part time professional,electric and upright bass, electric and accoustic guitar.
Music Style: Bluegrass, Americana, classic rock, blues, jazz, country, reggae
Overall: I found 4 of these brand new at a pawn shop for $80 and found a 4x12 cab on craigslist for $20. A friend said my 50w Peavey ValveKing 112 combo was too bright. When I hooked up the 4 x 12 cab with the rocket 50's I immediately noticed the difference. The sound was much warmer, but the high-end had more sparkle too, just what I wanted. The real eye opener is whe I hooked my 70's silverface Vibro Champ to it. I had never taken the Fender 8 watt amp seriously but man what a sound. Now I see why guys like Clapton recorded with this amp. Even the price I see them for new is definetly worth it.

"Celestion Rocket 50 speaker" submitted April 2, 2014

By Richard S in Beatrice, NE
Overall
Musical Background: I've been a guitar player for over 50 years.
Music Style: I play all kinds of music but really love the blues.
Overall: I recently discovered that the speaker in my recently acquired Peavey Bravo amp had been torn and repaired with black ATV silicone sealant. So I ordered the Celestion Rocket speaker. I paid about $50.00 for the speaker. It made a world of difference. I love this amp now. Its like awakening a sleeping monster. Couldn't be happier.

"this speaker sounds fantastic in my custom birch cabinet with a fender FM65 chassis behind it with a MOD reverb tank. the tone o" submitted December 11, 2011

Music Style: rock/punk
Sound: the tone is perfect for my playing style Feature: no features Ease of Use: just plug and play! Quality: very well made Value: awsome bang for your buck! Manufacturer Support: fast shipping The Wow Factor: i will own four more!! Overall: if i loose it, i will buy another.

"Cheap Speakers that get you buy if you can't afford better" submitted January 6, 2013

By Daniel T in Longmont, CO
Musical Background: I have been palying rock and roll for over 50 years
Music Style: Rock, Progressive Rock, Blues, some jazz
Overall: I am replaceing these speakers. They are stock in my 4x12 Marshall MS412 cab. The cab makes my solid state amp sound better but when I play these speakers through my Marshall all tube TSL122 combo, there is no comparison to the speakers in my combo. I have listened to alot of speakers recently and I am going to replace these with the same thing I have in my Marshall TSL122 combo. It will cost me four times more than what these speakers cost but if you want good sound, you have to pay for it. You also have to do some research on what you like. I will say that this 4x12 cab with rocket 50's sounds better than the 1x12 cab that I have with my 100 watt solid state marshall. The large cab helped these sound better. But... they don't even compare with Celstion Vintage 30's and Heritage speakers in my all tube marshll combo. The sound is not well defined and it is muddled. there is nothign exciting about these speakers sound. If you are tight on money you can buy four of these for less than one of the good ones. So,... if you need speakers adn you are tight, they are better than nothing. You can always replace them latter.

"decent sound" submitted May 9, 2014

Overall
Overall: if your looking to upgrade a cheap 4/12 cab for little money then these are for you.my crate cab never sounded this good with its stock junk speakers

"Awful sounding speakers" submitted April 30, 2009

Musical Background: Recording and Production
Music Style: All
Sound: Awful. Breaks up at low end. Cheap imported junk. Not worthy of anyone's consideration. Wish I knew before I was stuck with them. Will buy elsewhere from now on.
36 of 76 people (47.37%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 16HC-KF62. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976