When you call, mention priority code 203-DX91

Rating and Reviews: Casio WK-6600 Keyboard

With 670 fully tweakable sounds, 100 adjustable DSP effects, a 16-track sequencer and MIDI over USB, this 76-key powerhouse delivers huge bang for your buck!

"Great For Start Up Studio !" submitted December 18, 2014

By E H in Dixons Mills, AL
Music Style: Hip hop/RAP/TRAP/R&B
Overall: Good quality sounds ! Rebuilding my studio on a tight budget ! It works just fine ! Love the easy recording set up ! You can make beats right out the box ! You will have to tweek your sounds to get them the way you want them to sound but for the most part these sounds are some of the sounds in the big name keyboards! I have owned several big names and this cheap baby can hang with them ! For this price point you can't beat it with a stick ! If you need MIDI keys for your DAW This baby can handle that ! needed more keys every thing has only 61 keys or less. The keys feel good and it is easy to use !

"Great pro level keyboard for the money" submitted February 6, 2015

By John A in Golden/Denver, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician/producer/arranger with over 50 years experience.
Music Style: I work with almost all styles of music with a focus on jazz, rock, Latin, pop and contemporary electronic music. I will be using
Overall: First let me preface this by saying that I am a professional musician with over 40 years of performing and production experience and have been playing piano and keyboards for over 50 years. Piano was my first instrument, but I am a drummer/percussionist for the most part. I have a very elaborate keyboard rig that I use mostly for production and in the studio. Recently I was hired by an established band as their percussionist but when they found out I play keyboards as well, they wanted me add a keyboard to my rig and play that on some of the songs. Unfortunatly taking one of the instruments I already owned would create a big hassle to pull out of the studio rig and reprogram it for every gig. So, I was looking for a new, light weight keyboard with good and practical sounds that would be easy to transport and had everything I needed in one instrument. I didn't want to spend a fortune on it as I already have enough invested in equipment. So, after researching pretty much everything on the market for a month I decided on the Casio WK-6600. I picked this one because it has a lot of great sounds on it that are going to be usable in a professional working band. Things you are going to use like accoustic pianos that sound real, electric pianos that give you almost every option of sounds from classic models like a Fender Rhodes and many others as well as over 50 excellent organ sounds. The strings sound terrific and there are a lot of recognizable brass and lead synth tones as well. All sounds are customaizable and you can add a boat load of digital effects so you can get a lot out of this instrument. That being said, you can also pretty much take it out of the box and give the instruction manual a five minute glance to see how to select the sounds and take it to a gig. The on-board sounds are terrific and for this price, they will blow you away. The WK-7600 has actual drawbars so if you are big into the organ thing, you will love those, but for my needs they were a little overkill, but I did need a pitch bend wheel so I opted for the WK-6600 over the WK-245. The on board speakers sound pretty good and for practicing and working on arrangements will be all you need. No, they aren't going to blow the guitar player out of the room, but run this through a good keyboard amp and you can hold your own in any playing environment. The workstation part of the deal was an added bonus for me and works like most top end workstations so it will serve me well as an option for doing work at home or in a different studio than the one I work at. Now, it's important to note that this is not built like a tank, but neither is a violin or accoustic guitar. You need to take care of it and carry it in a case. It has a plastic chassis so dropping it off the end of the stage isn't going to end well. On the flip side it's also about half the weight of most of my other keyboards which is what I was looking for. It makes it super easy to transport. The keyboard action falls somewhere in between a typical organ/synth style and a fully weighted piano style action. It's velocity sensitive, so you get dynamics, but not as heavy an action as a piano. It's actually kind of a nice blend. No, it's not a $5000 instrument, but it functions very well in a pro environment so if you are on a budget and need something that's going to cut it on a real world gig, check this one out. As a writing and arrangers tool, you will be very happy using this as well. I would highly recomend this to anyone looking to get a lot of bang for their buck.
27 of 28 people (96.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Casio WK-6600 Electronic Keyboard, 76-Key" submitted April 19, 2015

By dan nieto in Nevada City, CA
Musical Background: 3 years guitar solos
Music Style: prog rock
Overall: Love it. Sit it on my desk and everytime a tune comes in my head, walk over to it and sound it out. All I need to do is press the on button and play the piano which is the default. Get finished with the keyboard and transfer my notes to my guitar which is my main instrument. Simple, direct, fun. No more trying to work a tune out on my fretboard. Bought it used and blemished but I cant find a flaw. I am new to keyboards so don't expect a comparison-to-other-keyboards type review.. This $220 deal has changed the way I sound out music forever. I simply give it a 5 star because it totally fit my needs. Your needs might be different.

"Nice keyboard" submitted November 30, 2014

By Judy Smith
Overall
Overall: If your looking for a Korg, this isn't it, but it sounds good for the money.

When you call, mention priority code 203-DX91. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976