When you call, mention priority code 158L-RYPG

Rating and Reviews: Casio PX-3 Privia

The Casio Privia PX-3 redefines the stage digital piano category with unprecedented sound quality and performance feature.

"The best digital piano you can buy for the money." submitted November 9, 2010

By a customer from google.com
Musical Background: musician, singer,producer
Music Style: indie, pop,latin, jazz, rock
Sound: To me, the most important sound in a stage piano is the piano. This piano - even though it costs much less than a lot of other stage pianos - sounds more like a piano than anything except the VI's I have in my computer. I play mostly rock and pop and I use piano, strings, bass, ep, organs (B3) and brass and the PX3 is OK for all of them and really good for the eps and the organs. There's a lot of effects that you can put on the eps that make them sound like Steely Dan or Ray Charles. It would be better if you could turn a knob to bring in the leslie like on some other keyboards. But the button works well. Feature: I bought the PX3 because it was much cheaper and lighter than the other keyboards I looked at, and had many of the same features, but not all. The other keyboards have a mod wheel and this has a mod button, which, to me, is not as good. Also, many of the other keyboards have knobs or sliders and a big screen for editing. Not so in the PX3. You can do it all - but it takes some time to learn it. However, you can buy three PX3s for what one of the other keyboards costs and this is way lighter. I can carry the PX3 and my amp and a gig bag and stand. With the other keyboards, I could only carry the keyboard and the stand. This has USB, 128-note polyphony and all the other bells and whisles. Just much cheaper and lighter. Ease of Use: I'm so happy with it because it is so much fun to play and sounds so good through my PA/amp. When I run it just through the amp, the mono out sounds as good as the stereo, which was not the case with my old keyboard. You can save setups, called registrations, which you cannot name. This is not good, because you have no way of knowing what the sound is when you bring it up. I put tape under the registration buttons and labeled my saves. I hope that Casio will change this and (please) send out an update. Other than that, it is a pleasure to play and lift. Quality: I've only had it for two months, but everything works perfectly. It's plastic, not metal like some other keyboards, but it feels solid. The keys don't wiggle. And when you're playing it, it feels way more solid than the other keyboards. The action is awesome. Value: The value is why I bought this keyboard. For what you get, there is nothing that I found that weighs as much or sounds as good. And as I mentioned, it feels like a piano. The Wow Factor: It's nice looking but it's not sexy like the Nord. It's small. It's not impressive until you start playing it. Then it's way sexy. Overall: I'm going to play this product until it wears out and dies. It's a real musical instrument.

"Great Keyboard" submitted December 13, 2012

By E F in Wheaton, MD
Musical Background: Working musican
Music Style: rock, jazz, country
Sound: I use the keyboard to play rock, country and jazz with bands. It has three strong piano sounds, as well as nice electric pianos, and usable organs. It has 128 note polyphony. The strings sound fine, and I have used the bass sounds to cover gigs without a bass player. It really fills the room. In fact, my bass player could not make a gig, so I played keyboard bass, and the band decided we did not need a bass player. The GM sounds and other sounds are typical and get the job done when needed. Feature: This keyboard is well designed as a midi controller. It has four zones, which are easily programmable each for midi or internal use or both. It does not have sliders, but you can pan the zones to left and right out and adjust the volume with foot pedals. Ease of Use: The keyboard is fairly easy to use, and while some might like to do some programming of their sounds. I have not found it necessary. The piano's, electric pianos, organs, strings and bass just cut right through the mix as is. Quality: In the past year and a half I have taken the keyboard to about 50 gigs with never a problem. I have just used the casio gig bag to protect it. Which makes it as light as a guitar. The keyboard action is great. It is quick and light, and any performance problems are due to me, not the keyboard. It weighs under 25 pounds with the case with great weighted keys. Value: For the price, weight, sound, polyphony and usability of this keyboard it is an amazing instrument. I stopped using my Roland GX and SX keyboards. I sold one, and the other is in the basement. They are much heavier and don't sound as good. I also sold my Yamaha MOX6 although that is not a digital piano. Manufacturer Support: I once tried to call Casio, and it was not a good experience. Fortunately, the keyboard has held up well so I have had no problems. The Wow Factor: The piano is black and plastic, who cares. It is so light, with great weighted action, at a great price. I have used it as my main gigging keyboard and it has held up great. Overall: Great keyboard

"Likely, a great home keyboard that can't be moved frequently." submitted December 12, 2011

By a customer from waters.org
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Organist/Pianist 46 yrs.
Music Style: Eclectic
Sound: iF connected to a good stereo system or keyboard amp, this keyboard sounds VERY acoustical. The touch is graded/weighted and almost as real as you can get with electronic weighting response. Feature: All the voices are tops in realizm. Typical features as on most keyboards in this price range Ease of Use: It's a plug n' play keyboard with appropriate controls and adjustments. Quality: The case, keys, and under-carriage are well built;however there is a problem with the keybed. The B+3 was knocking very badly when the keyboard arrived and after a 1/2 hour of playing the E-2 started sticking to the point I had to push it up with my finger to re-align it. In checking with lifelong casio owners (this was my first)I was told that Casio has a problem with keybeds becoming un-aligned if the keyboard is turned upside down or side ways and subjected to a sharp blow, like if it was dropped. This can happen in shipping; however, more scarey, this could happen on the road at a gig. Value: The Privia is worth its selling price IF it is not going to be moved around frequently. Manufacturer Support: No Experience. I had this keyboard one day and Zzounds returned it immediately. The Wow Factor: Based on my very first experience with the Casio Previa, I am going back to Yamaha, solid metal/wood construction. Overall: Replaced the Privia with a Yamaha CP-33..LOVE IT!!

"Best value for the home studio: It has great features and sound." submitted May 30, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist with dreams
Music Style: Midwestern reggae
Sound: The acoustic piano samples are very good, both the stereo and mono versions. The grand and uprights are clear and bright with well-defined mid-range and deep bass. The changes between attack and sustain are clean. The electric pianos need some EQ tweaking to get the right sound - although that could just be my monitoring setup. The organ sounds are adequate. The strings are good, the wind instruments only average. Surprisingly good GM sound set. There are 92 tones that are "custom" to the P-3 in 8 categories (piano, electric piano 1 & 2, clav/vibes, organ, strings/ensemble, guitar/bass, other/GM), and with GM tones there are 250 total - not including drum kits (there are 10). There are 64 DSP FX (EQ, compressors, limiter, enhancer,phaser,chorus, flanger, rotary speaker, tremelo, wah, distortion categories). There are also 26 "multi-effect" algorithms that chain effects together. The built-in DSP effects are nothing to write home about and can't take the place of a good external multi-effect unit - but they're there if you need them. The four-band EQ is a good feature, as is the easily-accessed brightness control. There are no built-in speakers (a GOOD thing) - so you must have some kind of monitoring setup. There are two headphone jacks but they're mini-plugs instead of 1/4-inch. Feature: Packed with features for an economy-level keyboard. The extremely flexible layer and split functions allow two zones with two tones on each, plus independent volume and FX, etc. The ability to both control a MIDI device and use the internal tones simultaneously is great. The key bed is awesome at the price. I would have liked to have more options with setting the velocity sensitivity - but the 3 presets are adequate. It has enough I/O to get some work done: Stereo L/R line outs (1/4-inch), stereo L/R line ins (1/4-inch - great!), MIDI in/out, and two pedal jacks (1/4-inch). Plus dual mini-plug jacks for headphones. Has a standard pitch-bend wheel. The big fail here is the lack of a modulation wheel. Instead there are two "assignable buttons", so you can get modulation on\off but you have to go to the menus to change it. Comes with a cheap plastic sustain pedal. I bought a good one for twenty bucks at the same time from zZounds. But after using the cheap plastic one as a second pedal I'm surprised at how well it's held up - so it's at least workable, but it doesn't have enough "throw" to use for half-pedal effects. Ease of Use: Each instrument type has a button (there are 8), and you just flip through the variations. Once you catch-on to the four-way button setup you can select dual zones with layers easily. But to tweak settings for effects and EQ means doing some serious menu browsing. Fortunately you can store up-to 64 sets of settings - and you can have stored settings on SD cards and computer (via the USB port). The weighted keys are very well done. If you push them with no sound they seem mushy, but as soon as you have the sound on that goes away and you get a good "real piano" feel - not perfect, of course, but for $800 it's the best you'll find. The third sensor that allows you to re-strike the key without letting it all the way up is great - it's one of the main reasons I chose the Privia 3 over the Yamaha CP-33 (besides the lower price). Be aware that the interface can be somewhat involved for tweaking tones - that was the trade-off they had to make to pack all the features into this thing. Quality: The actual key bed seems very well made. But the shell is plastic so I don't think this can be a serious gigging instrument. For a home studio it's an excellent choice. We'll just have to wait and see how well the keys and buttons hold up, but this is substantially the same key bed as on the Privia PX-330 which has been out for several years and seems to have a good reputation. Value: You can't do better for the price. Considering this is a limited edition instrument and only 3,000 were made, and considering its feature set and sound quality, you can't go wrong. Just be aware this is NOT a gigging keyboard - this is an excellent project studio keyboard. Manufacturer Support: Support you never need gets the highest score, and so far I haven't needed it after a month of use. The user guide is fairly complete and easy to understand. And it comes printed on paper (thank you). The Wow Factor: It's a lump of black plastic with hard-to-see black buttons. You want it for the features and sound. It isn't a visual feast. The button lamps are nice when you have a lot of stuff turned on. The "matte" texture of the keys FEELS sexy.... Overall: I'll have this for a long time. Price, features, and sound make this a solid 8 overall. You'll get better sound for another $600, and you'll get a metal shell for another $200. But with the Privia P-3 you get a solid economy digital piano for home use and you pocket the extra cash. And the P-3 is an excellent MIDI master board that allows you to control an external MIDI device AND use the internal sounds at the same time. This is NOT a Casio "toy" keyboard. This is a serious-playing, serious-sounding instrument in an economy shell.

"CASIO not worth $800.00 go an extra $200.00 and buy a Yamaha CP33" submitted November 30, 2011

Overall
Sound: Okay, but I bought a Roland Sonic Cell and the reason I really like the Casio are the keys. I was going to send it back because the piano is horrible. The Wurlitzer/Rhodes is decent. Feature: No modulation wheel is a bummer. Ease of Use: Easy to use and lots of sounds. Quality: Made very sturdy. Value: Should be $600.00 not $800.00 Manufacturer Support: Did not need any support Overall: For a long time.

When you call, mention priority code 158L-RYPG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976