When you call, mention priority code 15H2-89YP

Rating and Reviews: Casio PX-130 Privia Piano

All the breathtaking sound of a real grand piano in a lightweight package -- with features designed for the piano student and teacher.

"Keep up the good work!" submitted August 8, 2011

Musical Background: Church president
Music Style: New Age
Sound: Very lifelike. The keyboard pressure is exactly what I would expect. Feature: I bought this for my church, so it has to be very versitile. So far, it has not disappointed. Ease of Use: My musicians all love it. Quality: The construction is sturdy and the cabinet is sound. It does not go on the road. Value: Can't get better sound for the money. And I bought the top of this line. Manufacturer Support: I have not had the opportunity to use tech support. The customer service support was exceptional. The Wow Factor: What? It's a freaking keyboard! But it looks nice. Overall: You have a very versitile store with very good prices and excellent service. Keep up the good work.

"Privia PX-130 Stage Piano- Exceptional value. A full 88 key, weighted action, stage piano that does not disappoint both the beg" submitted February 17, 2011

Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Southern Gospel, Black Gospel
Sound: Very good rich sound for piano acoustics of the grand and baby grand family. The keys and sound are expressive and responsive to touch. The types of sounds created are limited to 16 including some string and electric piano patches, they are pretty good. For the price, the sound is really phenomenal as a stage piano. Feature: The weighted key action and a full 88 keys were the features that attracted me the most and they do not disappoint in the Privia PX-130. The action of the keys rivals Kurzweil and Roland. The lacking features are the headphone output is 1/8" versus 1/4", the sound patches are limited to 16, and the on off button is a push button rather than a switch (which may wear sooner). Ease of Use: Easy to use, quick read of the manual and you can utilize almost all the functions. Comes with a classical music book and sample songs as well. Quality: It is sturdy, well made, and the action of the keys is exceptional. Again, just the power button and connectors for other devices were the shortcomings in my perspective. Value: zZounds.com not only price matched, they beat the competitions prices when I gave them the web link. Other sites don't do that or make it hard to utilize the "price match guarantee". If you want an 88 key stage piano, that has solid piano sound and plays/feels like a grand piano without all the extra patches, functions of higher end keyboards...you cannot go wrong here. The Wow Factor: I like the streamlined look without a big gaudy screen of functions and patches. It looks like a classy black stage piano. Overall: I give it a 10 because it is everything I wanted at a phenomenal price point. It has a weighted key action, full 88 keys, split patch functionality, 16 sound patches, and is easily transportable. Privia brings Casio into the stage piano market and out of the brick and mortar retailer.
32 of 33 people (96.97%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent product for beginner on up!" submitted August 14, 2011

Music Style: contemporary, Christian and classical
Sound: Excellent sound! I actually bought this keyboard for my daughter to learn on since we don't have room for an entire piano. I could not be happier with the sound, feel of the keys and quality of the manufacturing! Feature: I love the split keyboard feature, the double headphone jacks and the record feature! Ease of Use: Easy to plug and play. Pretty self explanatory. We were able to set it up and get started in a matter of minutes! Manufacturer Support: Ordered online and received the keyboard in an amazingly fast timeline! Arrived well packaged and undamaged.

"Good Sounds at Low Cost" submitted October 26, 2011

Music Style: Rock & Roll/ R&B
Sound: Great piano sound - that is the main reason I chose this over other keyboards at this price point. My favorite for rock & roll is the "variation" sound and I have some trouble discerning the real difference in between the 2 other piano sounds. The 60's electric piano and the jazz organ sounds are also excellent. There is no clavinet sound and I wish there was. You can get an approximation of a Leslie organ sound using one of the organ presets and the high Chorus setting. Feature: Now that I got used to it, I like the fac this keyboard doesn't have too many control keys or switches on top. Most of the controls are through the keyboard itself combined with one button on the top console. I would like a full size jack outlet - the small pin outlet requires a delicate adapter to be used and this could easily be broken in a live setup situation. The sustain pedal is too small and hard to gauge - I invested in a 3rd party pedal after a while. A volume control pedal/ jack would be nice for stage use. Ease of Use: I know this keyboard was not really designed for stage use but the sound is so good I chose it for that reason. They should come out with a model that makes it a little easier for stage use with full-size jack, pedals, and bold/ larger lettering on the some of the controls. You eventually get used it nonetheless. The keyboard is light enough to be carried around easily. Quality: The keyboard seems rugged enough for stage use and the finish is impeccable. Hopefully it will hold out. The keyboard has a great feel to it, another reason I picked this model. Value: Best I found at this price point. Great sounds and keyboard feel. There are many other features I probably will never use such as 2-track recording, USB connectivity, duet mode (keyboard split into 2 identical parts for teacher/ pupil). Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Suffers a little from the Casio brand name - not a known musical powerhouse. Noticed that the Privia name is on display not Casio! Other than that it is a sleek nice looking keyboard that gets some compliments. Overall: This will be my main performance keyboard until I decide to upgrade to a Kurzweil or Yamaha Motif.

"Casio Privia PX-130" submitted November 11, 2012

By James Thompson in Yuma, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years experience, part time pianist.
Music Style: New Age and Classical.
Overall: I purchased this digital piano from zZounds because 1. I couldn't afford an actual grand piano, and 2. I don't have the space for a grand piano in my home. I have owned three keyboards so far (Yamaha, Roland JV-1000, and cheaper Casio) and sold them to purchase a digital piano that had realistic sounds and key feeling. THE GOOD: Soundwise, I have played on a variety of real grand pianos and can honestly say that for the price, the Casio Privia is 90% to the sound of a REAL Grand Piano. I also love the idea of the computer plug & play option that I can use to record my own music using my Reason 5.0 software (Although I still cant figure out why no sound is registering on my computer for it yet). It also provides you the option of making the piano sound "brighter" or "mellow" to fit your playing style needs. THE BAD: The key weight....It advertises as a digital piano that has REALISTIC key feeling. However, in my 23 years of playing, I HAVE NEVER played on a piano that had such heavy keys. In one way, it can be a good thing because its like lifting weights...if you practice on it (Such as Hanon exercises, etc.) it will strengthen your fingers. My fingers are flying all over a regular piano with ease now because my fingers have strengthened from practicing so much on these hard keys. Oh, and lest I forget...it DOESN'T have an output plug in for amplifiers! Sure, you can use the headphone jack...but the sound quality wont be the same. Overall though, its a decent digital piano. Nothing to brag to friends about.

"DO YOUR RESEARCH FOR THE PRICE!" submitted May 8, 2011

Musical Background: performer
Music Style: classical and show tunes
Sound: I love the three different piano styles. It is not a Steinway, but very good. I am delighted with the touch and response for volume. It is perfect for my style. I am not into recording, so cannot answer for that aspect. I have it installed inside my grand piano case, so it is stationary. I sing along with it and am perfectly happy with the result. Feature: I have the one piece pedal and it works just fine. I can get the other effects with finger touch. I have not figured out how to get the different recorded pieces to play. I always get the same one. Ease of Use: I love the sound. I am still playing around with the options. I do not use other products other than my own voice. It is very playable. Quality: Several of the keys were scarred and the scratches bothered me, so I have filed them down. I was very lazy and stupid not to have researched pricing more and could have gotten a new version for what I paid for a returned model. My own fault. Value: It would have been outstanding if I had known that I could have purchased a new model for the price I paid for the second hand one. Manufacturer Support: The consultant was very helpful when I was looking to buy, albeit he did not push me to search a bit. So, I ended up with a damaged model for a price I could have paid for a new one. The Wow Factor: It is fabulous outside of the physical damage and my trouble with playing the recorded pieces. Overall: I am retired and pretty much stuck, but not unhappy about it.

"If your looking for keyboard that reasonable price the Privia PX-130 the one to go for." submitted March 8, 2011

Music Style: R&B,Jazz,Smooth Jazz, Hip Hop, Latin,Afro Cuban
Sound: I really love it ,it looks great sitting in my music room ,I really love the great deal price wise the pay sa you pay works very well with me,works well with my buget, while I have'nt played it a great deal I have nothing but time ,it helps me to work on some of my old material, i really do have to get use to playing these weighted keys,and play around with the other piano sounds ,the srings sounds nice however I must find time to discover the other featuers which there are quite a few. Just like a real grand piano in a small package. thanks I love it. Feature: It comes with a sustain peddle,oh yeah a music stand thats pretty nice, has a built in metronome, and two sets of books one music book song book and the other explains how to get started. Ease of Use: easy engough if you just take the time and spend time getting to know it, you should be just fine. Quality: It is well made,keyboard I could gig with it ,with no problem,with proper care I will have it a long time.I keep it covered away from dust. Value: I fill the money was well spent for this keyboard. Manufacturer Support: Have had no need as of yet. The Wow Factor: the look is sharp. smooth, sexy get one Overall: I'd buy another one.

"Casio PX-130 Privia" submitted January 23, 2012

By Josh DeGrace in Canton, GA
Overall
Musical Background: 12 yrs exp.
Overall: #1 keyboard owned yet!!! Perfect sounds, Perfect hammer action! The built in speakers sounds great in room or hall. The overall looks on this keyboard is breathtaking. Great money to value ratio!!!

"Great sound for the money." submitted April 11, 2011

Musical Background: Musician,recording engineer
Music Style: Gospel
Sound: Never been a Casio fan but was surprise how well it sounds. The feel of the keys is great. For the money a great sounding portable keyboard. Use it live but will try it in the studio soon. Other sounds in the keyboard sound good too. Feature: Yes acc. were included. Wish it had a digital read out. Ease of Use: The manual is not very clear. Very playable. Quality: The keys feel like quality the rest is just plactice. Manufacturer Support: Emailed the support and yes they did help. The Wow Factor: It's okay.

"Nice For The Price" submitted November 22, 2012

By Charles J in Nashville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Played professionally for over 15 years now works as a producer
Music Style: all types
Overall: Casio PX-130 Digital Piano has a great piano sound at an affordable price. We were in need for a portable piano for our Madd Talent Artist Contest and after reviewing several options the Casio PX-130 had the best features for the price. It doesn't have alot of features but it sounds great and has the feel of a real piano. I have to say we were pretty happy with the sound quality and the construction of the product.

"Piano" submitted November 15, 2012

By a customer from att.net
Music Style: broadway
Overall: Great value, seamless delivery, easy to put together!

"Quick Review on PX-130" submitted January 3, 2011

Overall
Sound: I haven't heard much acoustic pianos in a while nor have I compared the sound of Yamaha with Casio, but if there is something I can give you an insight into when it comes to the sound of the px-130 is the awful unnoticeable reverb, and inflexible chorus effects, they're not worth the try. The sound of the Casio is quite punchy, firm and crystal like in my opinion and it doesn't sound "layered" at all. One thing I have against it is the fact that I can't help perceiving it a bit "boxed" as if the samples were really digitally contained inside the instrument, that's the way it sounds to me, and it may not be relevant to you at all. There's virtually no difference between the Classic and the Modern pianos when it comes to sound. I'm guessing the Classic is supposed to sound weaker and less projected but it really sounds the same to me. You can still fine tune it! Feature: The keys feel nice and proper, pretty !@#$%^& proper actually. The keys don't bounce back as if they're about to come off the board, at all. They really don't. So when it comes to touch this does it for me one hundred and ten percent. MIDI connectivity through USB. Missing regular MIDI I/O ports. Might not appeal if your lacking USB ports in your computer or if you want to trigger notes to a sound module, i.e. a synthesizer missing keys. It will appeal if you plan to trigger software synthesizers directly from your computer without the need of spending extra money for a MIDI interface. Two 1/8-Inch TRS ports. Good if you plan to use your regular headphones without having to buy new ones with a 1/4-Inch adaptor. Bad if you already own a pair of high-end 1/4-Inch wire headphones, you'll have to find yourself a pair of cheap headphones. Chorus and reverb suck ass. Virtually no difference from Modern to Classic piano mode. Stick with Modern it should project more, or something. You'll love tuning the instrument a few cents up and trying the three different modes of touch response and even turning touch sensitivity off, beautiful feature for MIDI sequencing if you're gonna use it as your MIDI keyboard. You can only record one take of your performance. It doesn't seem to store it digitally for you to copy it to your computer's hard drive, but you can still play it from within the instrument. Ease of Use: It's easy. Really. Quality: The sustain pedal included is of tremendous bad quality and fragile. Works fine, but it will undoubtedly break eventually. Is good you get one at all out of the box. Again mine is still working fine, but i do suggest you consider a third party product to fill in the gap of this one. The instrument in itself feels quite well built on the surface. Is not the heaviest thing ever, the weight feels proper enough to move it from room to room. The music rest is fine, I like it. Easy to put on and take off without risking breaking it, ever. Overall: Buy it for the certified good touch, not ivory touch but...fine piano sampling and instrument built. Specially if you're playing for the first time like me. I'm happy overall with my investment.

"CASIO PX-130 B-Stock" submitted February 6, 2012

By Madeline R in Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Studied classical, then jazz piano and vocal for several years--mainly play at home.
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Hip Hop, RnB, some classical.
Overall: Loved the service from Zzounds on this--I tried this keyboard in a store where it was selling for $499 (before tax and shipping), and liked it a lot so I went looking for a cheaper place to buy it. Managed to save over $100 at Zzounds! This is a great keyboard for someone who wants a weighted keyboard but needs to stay in a budget without making too many compromises. This keyboard sounds very good, and the weighting is great. I saw a couple of cheaper weighted keyboards in the store I was browsing, and they were nowhere near as good. My only caveats with this keyboard are the sustain pedal and the sounds in the lower register--the sustain is decent for what it is, but could be nicer, and the lower register is an issue because I play a lot of jazz--so when I have some more complex chords voiced down low, they get muddied. However, both of these things can be addressed by connecting the keyboard to my computer thru USB and playing it with Logic.

"Good Beginner Piano" submitted March 8, 2013

By Erica S
Overall
Musical Background: I play piano and guitar.
Music Style: Classical, Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, Hardcore Metal
Sound: The sound quality is fair up until you try to turn the volume up. Past about 50% the sound quality is ridiculously low. I may wind up replacing the speakers in it. Feature: The bass on the organ feature is definitly lacking. If I'm trying to play on opposite ends of the piano I can only hear the higher pitched notes. A couple of the other sound effects do the same thing but I haven't used them all so I can't comment on the others. Ease of Use: I like pianos where I can just let my fingers fly over the keyboard without having to push the keys all the way down to get a sound out of it. This is NOT one of those pianos. Quality: I've had keys pop off after playing for just an hour. They stick back on easily though. Value: Considering the overall quality, this piano is overpriced. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with them. The Wow Factor: I like the sleek look of it and I've had compliments on the way it looks. Beyond that I hate it. Overall: I would recommend this piano to people who are just starting to learn. This is not a piano for serious musicians.

Casio PX-130 Privia Piano Customer Review submitted September 21, 2011

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: High school band
Music Style: Big Band and March and Classical
Sound: Sound quality is excellent. My daugther is very happy with the piano. Feature: No accessories Manufacturer Support: Have not had to contact the company yet but purchase was easy. The Wow Factor: SEx has nothing to do with it. Sorry

When you call, mention priority code 15H2-89YP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976