When you call, mention priority code 14N9-6XM8

Rating and Reviews: CAD U37 Studio Condenser

Plug this large-diaphragm condenser directly into your computer. With a 10-foot USB cable and desk stand included, the CAD U37 USB mic is a great value.

Overall

"Prety decent usb voice capture solution for a side adress condenser for the price" submitted February 24, 2010

Musical Background: Radio Production, Recording Engineer,Hobbyist
Music Style: Hard Rock , Techno
Sound: I've used Cad drum kit mics for live sound and very happy with the performance saw this mic for the price i figured what the He*^ for the price the sound is prety decent i actually produce a radio show with a more expensive condenser(analog into mixer to pci antex audio card) with adobe audition and like the more expensive mic get a pop screen i was able to use a foam windscreen to better manage pops till i can get a for real pop screen now sound quality prety good for the price only draw back is this mic hears a little too good when it comes to background noises(computer fans you know the deal) but if you need a usb voice capture solution in a hurry and on a budget this mic works remember don't forget the pop filter Feature: included desk stand and 10 ft usb cable Thanks CAD Ease of Use: Recording with Audition 1.5? not bad very little eq or limiting required just remember yoour mike techniques i'm still researching noise characteristics i need to get into one of my quieter studios and check noise floor of the mike usb interface it self but again so far not to bad of a side address mic for the price Quality: it's plastic i wouldn't recommend taking it on the road all the time if you do take all the precautions to protect this mike as you would a more expensive $1000 dollar condenser Value: Ummmm not bad Manufacturer Support: I said 7 reason is havn't needed to talk to support yet i plugged in my XP machine and my editing software and XP had no problem getting aquainted with this Mic The Wow Factor: Cad is a prety good name for performance again if you need some kind of usb voice capture in a hurry and on a budget this will work but do considering upgrading if performance and quality is top priority Overall: if i find a higher performing product for the same price i'll keep this mic as a second choice

"This Is An Excellent Vocal and Acoustic Guitar Mic" submitted December 30, 2012

By Mike C in Greensboro, NC
Musical Background: Songwriter, guitarist, and drummer
Music Style: CCM mainly
Overall: I've been writing and recording my own music for years now and have used other microphones but I must say that this fairly inexpensive mic has replaced most of my other mics. My guitar and vocal tracks sound very clear and with the add of my DAW you can do wonders with the tracks. I think for the money you can't beat this microphone!

"Excellent mic for the price!" submitted April 29, 2009

Musical Background: Singer
Music Style: Soft Rock
Sound: Great for vocals. Not sure about instruments. Feature: The switches on the mic make it versatile to the user. Ease of Use: It's really as easy as it sounds. Just plug and play. Quality: I'm not planning on smashing this mic, but the only reason I rated this an 8, was because of its plastic. Value: You won't find a USB mic this nice for a cheaper price. Manufacturer Support: Don't take my word on this. Never needed support. The Wow Factor: Some may not like the tan color, but it matches with my table. The blue light matches with my laptop, but I'm not too picky on colors. Overall: Great mic for a great price. The sound is clear, and it's extremely easy to use. Will buy more.

"Worth Every Penny, BUY IT." submitted August 18, 2008

Musical Background: Internet Radio Owner
Music Style: Rock, Techno, Alternatice, etc.
Sound: The sound quality could be better, but the main part of that is because it is a USB microphone. Other than that, the quality of the sound is superb. It cuts out most of the background noise also. Feature: There are a few accessories and features. The microphone comes with a tripod stand along with a microphone stand mount. On the microphone, there are two switches. One of them, very useful, decreases the sound pickup by -10 dB. The other, pretty cool, decreases the bass pickup. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. No complaints. Quality: Made very well. One complaint, thats kind of funny, is the status light is very bright. It makes you have to look away every once in a while. Value: When I got the microphone, I was surprised it wasn't more. Manufacturer Support: No questions. =) The Wow Factor: It has a olive/tan look to it, other than that, its nice. Overall: I probably will never replace this one. =)

"Great First Recording Microphone." submitted March 22, 2012

By C Rich
Musical Background: 4-5 Years
Music Style: Indie Hip Hop
Overall: When I first looked into this microphone, I was scared from what I saw about latency. When I got this thing and hooked it up to my computer, it blew me away. Its very clear, and the adjustable settings were a nice touch. I gave it a low quality score because it does belong like a children"s toy, but trust me its like they say: Its the inside that counts.

"Perfect for its price!!" submitted August 12, 2009

Musical Background: Music Producer
Music Style: Christian
Sound: For the Price of this mic, i am amazed of how much sound quality i got out of it! This mic helps me achieve that professional sound quality i want. Feature: The most usefull accessory is the cable! the other accessory was the tripod for the desk which is fair and could be better but im not complaining. Ease of Use: Produces clear sounds of my vocals! I haven't tried on instruments yet but soon will Quality: Good quality mic for the price you pay Value: this product is perfect for its product and its usb competetors Manufacturer Support: i just recently got it and read the easy instructions. Nothing went wrong and everything is going smoothly. The Wow Factor: Its nice. I love the color and the feel to it Overall: i expect to be satisfied with this product untill i get some more money and can afford to buy some professional mics.

"Very Good Mic" submitted March 29, 2012

By Arnold S in Charlotte, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Mildly proficient saxophone player since junior high (I'm now 62!) , and play all 4.
Music Style: Jazz, Swing, R&B, and Pop
Overall: This mic worked flawlessly right out of the bubble pack when I connected it to my Windows 7 box. I did a sound check with the companion app that came with my (really inexpensive) HP webcam, leaving the buttons in the default position, and the sound quality is superb. And it really looks sweet on my desktop between the two monitors, even if it is mostly plastic. Now I'll have to upgrade my webcam. The supplied USB cable is long enough to reach behind my hutch to the computer nestled in the right-hand desk compartment. Oh yeah: that blue light on the front panel that others have complained about disappears if you turn the mic around 180 degrees!

"BRUTALLY HONEST YET SATISFYING REVIEW" submitted January 22, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: active musician, producer, live broadcaster,
Music Style: hip hop, rock, reggae, r&b, indie
Sound: this is definitly not the best microphone to buy, for its price it does work, but your better off spending a few hundred on a mixer and a better mic. Feature: simple 2 switches that come equiped on most usb mics. if not theres vst's to dl and fix the same problems post recording... Ease of Use: plug and play, all that can be said about it,,, although mac users may need to dl asio drivers off the web to run it. garage band on a macbook didn't recognize it Quality: mic is sturdy and no problems whatsoever but the stand post doesnt seem to stay fixed in place Value: very affordable great for a beginner on a budget. but like i said. get familiar with mixing boards and get a real mic. Manufacturer Support: havent had to call so i cant rate The Wow Factor: nothing specacular Overall: IF YOUR NEW to home recording it's great if not invest in something better. the more you spend the better your quality

"It's a $50 microphone with a $60 sound." submitted April 26, 2011

Musical Background: Audio Production Major
Music Style: Hip-Hop/Techno
Sound: Cad makes good microphones, but in all seriousness, this is a $50 microphone, you're not going to get a professional sound out of it. Get a real stand, not the desk top mount that comes with it, as well as a pop filter. All in all, you should spend more equipping this microphone then you spent on purchasing it. Feature: The roll of switch doesn't really work too well. Ease of Use: The Cad is a USB microphone. This generally means it is going to suck. But if you have a laptop and you want a plug-and-play when you're on the go, the passenger of a car with your buddies and you want to jot something down really quick, this is what's right for you. If it breaks, oh well, you're out $50. Quality: It's a plastic microphone. It's a pretty much just a toy. If you're a beginner, play around with it. You won't have to mess with interfaces or phantom power just yet. Value: Worth every penny! But that's only 5,000 pennies. Manufacturer Support: No problems with it. The Wow Factor: It's not hideous mic but if it got damaged I really wouldn't care. Overall: Already replaced it with a Samson C01U.

"customer support sucks" submitted November 28, 2012

By Justin C in Paw Paw, MI
Music Style: all
Overall: Microphone dies in less than a year!!! contacting customer support is impossible!!! TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!

"Best Mic I've Ever Had" submitted July 30, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musician, recording engineer
Music Style: Hip Hop
Sound: It simply Excellent! Feature: They are perfect. They are made to fit whatever voice type you have! Ease of Use: easy as taking a piece of candy from a baby Quality: Sound could have been a little bit warmer but, it's still excellent The Wow Factor: I have it

When you call, mention priority code 14N9-6XM8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976