When you call, mention priority code 161K-JJPB

Rating and Reviews: Bugera 333XL-INFINIUM Amp

Loaded with EL34 power tubes powering three distinct channels, the Bugera 333XL-Infinium churns out the power and tone you need for any genre.

"Bugera 333xl infinium" submitted July 22, 2012

By Eric C in Liverpool, NY
Musical Background: 6 years, guitar/bass, active musician
Music Style: Metal of all sorts
Sound: Sound is amazing, tone shaping options are virtually endless. VERY LOUD pre gain and post gain settings help you shape the tonal sensitivity of your playing and the master just for the balls of the amp itself Feature: each channel has its own EQ and is very customizable which is great for players that switch between leads and rhythms. i use the lead channel for my leads (obviously) and i have set a nice rhythm tone on the crunch channel for switching off of playing high leads. The lead channel has a very nice response for frequencies above roughly 600Hz (almost a D# 5) the high end comes out clear and the warm tube sound gives it amazing character. I have one negative to say about the features, the onboard noise gate is not as amazing as bugera makes it out to be, it doesnt cut out the high hiss (usually above 2KHz) and feedback is an issue if using the amp above bedroom volumes, however this could be fixed by patching a noise gate pedal in the effects loop or however you like to use your pedals. Ease of Use: The amp was easy for me to dial in a tone however if you are not familiar with using pre and post gain (channel volume and gain knobs on the amp) and the eq you may have a hard time reaching a tone that you like, however most people like using the middle section of everything and call it good, thats not me...im a tone chaser and i found a great tone in this amp that i think i can settle with for a long time. Quality: Made very well, nice tolex, nice tubes, very heavy power transformers, just overall very nicely made. Value: WELL WORTH IT, i used the payment option and its working out nice because i thought i could never get my very own tube amp. Manufacturer Support: Havent needed to do so yet, also i hope i dont ever have to. The Wow Factor: Its greatly loud, i was moving from a solid state 100W amp to this 120W amp, and if i didnt know the power rating of this amp, i would assume that it was like a 400W amp or even more beacuse of how loud it is. Overall: Overall its a great head, amazing tone, and huge sound. The only reason I didnt put 5 on ease of use and manufacturer support is because you need to be a little experienced to dial a tone out and i havent had to use manufacturer support.

"Give this amp a chance." submitted August 20, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: 13 years playing guitar, 8 years doing studio work.
Music Style: Heavy Metal!
Sound: This amp is amazingly versatile. I know most people getting it are playing what they refer to as metal, but usually all you can find in reviews are people that drop to A and chugga chugga. Not me. My band tunes to D standard, we play power and thrash metal in the style of Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Kreator, basically not drop tuned metalcore. So, if you're an old school guy looking at this amp, it will deliver. From old school thrash to modern progressive, yes even to metalcore and djent, it's all achievable if you spend some time with the eq section. I run an LTD EC1000 and a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser to this amp, along with a noise gate and an op amp modded TS9 tubescreamer. It's simply a blast to play with, on stage or in the studio. Feature: The most useful feature to me is the Infinium technology. Knowing exactly which tube to replace, and being able to mix and match el34 and 6l6 is very helpful. The noise gate is not great. It eliminates a little hiss, but you're going to need a noise gate in your signal chain, but you knew that already. The reverb means nothing to me, it doesn't sound great, but you're not buying this amp for the reverb. Ease of Use: The eq on this amp is very touchy, which I like. As soon as I turned it on and switched all the knobs to the noon position, I was given a usable tone, even through a crappy old Behringer cab I had laying around the house. There is a learning curve to sculpt your sound accordingly, but then again any tube amp worth its salt does. I rank it with Peavey 6505+ level ease of use, in that you have to try to make this amp sound bad. Quality: The tolex and the chrome plastic are really the only give aways to where corners were cut. The tolex feels a little cheap, but who cares really? It's tolex. The knobs feel great, the input jacks are nice and tight. Everything seems well ventilated, as mine doesn't run too hot after hours of play, and is relatively quick to cool, especially compared to my Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo. It's a hefty amp, it feels solid. I know Bugera have had quality control issues in the past, so I can't really comment further, other than to say nothing feels cheap about this amp upon inspection. Value: Honestly, I cannot think of a better amp for the price point. It sounds better than the 6505+ amps I've played with and been around, which are usually made with higher quality components and can be found at a comparable price used. I operate a small project studio, and because of the sonic ground this amp covers, it's extremely valuable to me. I have coaxed Dual Recto, 6505+, and JCM 800 tones out of this box so far, using only a tubescreamer and the on board eq section. I know many people will turn their nose up at it, but I think that would be a huge mistake. I've played guitar and gigged for 13 years now, I'm very particular and obsessive about my gear, and I think any guitar player would be lucky to own one of these, as long as you take somewhat decent care of it. Oh yeah, the footswitch that comes with it feels super nice, very sturdy. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had a reason to contact them yet, so we'll see. The Wow Factor: I find it sexy, but that's subjective to personal taste. Overall: I love this amp. I've thoroughly run a gamut of tone tests with it, and it has delivered every time. I gig about a lot, with a variety of metal/punk bands. I've been around Marshalls, Mesas, Peaveys, Blackstar, etc... Most of the heavy hitters without getting into crazy boutique territory (Soldano, Bogner, etc...), and I no longer feel any lust for those amps since the 333xl arrived.

"Awesome Amp Head" submitted May 24, 2014

By Doug T in Oakley, CA
Musical Background: Semi-Pro guitarist
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Overall: I bought the Bugera 333XL Infinium to replace my Peavey 5150 that recently died after 15 years. Straight out of the box, I was a little leery at first. I had hoped that the tone on the crunch and lead channels would have been more full. But then, I did some fine tuning and OMG .. I love this amp. The clean channel is superbly clean. Even the crunch and lead channels has a great clarity to it. If you're looking for a great amp on a budget like I was, this is definitely the amp for you.

"The best head youll ever get! ;)" submitted March 22, 2012

By Zakk Sullivan in Mountain View, MO
Overall
Musical Background: 4 years. Trumpet, piano, violen, saxophone, Euphonium, Bass Guitar, Guitar, (some drums..kinda)
Music Style: Metal, Jazz
Sound: The sound of the lead and crunch channels are good, FOR OVERDRIVE. chords are crunchy and mean yet still retain the sound of the chord. The clean channel gets distorted by high output pickups/Pedals but you can always just dial back the volume on your pedal/guitar a little and it still sounds fabulous. Feature: the most useful feature is the reverb. i heard it waasn't "all there" but man. i hit that switch and all of the sudden im in a nice big cave. least useful feature is probably the noisegate... as a matter of fact.. What noisegate? Oh and something else amazing...the included footswitch. i love you bugera. Ease of Use: Pretty easy for funk, jazz, country, and classic rock. for melt your face of gain you definately will need a distortion pedal. but as far as great sounds go..just plug it in and turn it on. turn a knob a couple inches... there ya go. The variety of sound is good and its very dynamically responsive. Quality: Cosmetically perfect. the picture certainly does not do the amp justice. The insides and the tubes look very well made. built like a tank. I bet it could survive more than a few falls. the craftmanship is that of a $1000-$2000 amp head. then i looked at the where its made... MADE IN CHINA Since when do the chinese make such high quality musical equipment. It puzzles me. but i guess im going to put it to the test! Looks like it can. if it does is a whole diofferent story. for that we will have to see... Value: Its worth so much more! Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact bugera. (this zzounds support team is phenomenal though!) The Wow Factor: Lets just keep it censored and say..its very nice lol Overall: You get more than you pay for that's for sure only complaint is it cant handle super high output without distorting it. That means dialing back the volume of your distortion pedal or volume pot on your guitar (probably more so with active pickups) another is the lead channel is more of a overdrive than a distortion, but hey, thats what distortion pedals are for, didn't plan to use the lead channel anyway!

"Bugera 333XL-INFINIUM Guitar Amp Head" submitted September 2, 2013

By Thomas C in Hamer , SC
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar , Tele, Les Pauls & ESP guitars ...... the ABODA Project over 15 years and still kicking !
Music Style: Country,Punk,Metal all kinda balled into one twisted but tasty package!
Overall: When my Randall just wasn't cutting it and I needed something with a full awesome tone from dirty to full on metal all the way back to crisp cleans ....... I made the best trade of my life when I got the Bugera 333XL-INFINIUM Guitar Amp Head .

"Features, quality, reliability and tone." submitted December 31, 2011

By a customer from robbe-zappa.com
Musical Background: 32+ years. Lead/Rhythm guitar, bass, keyboards, mandolin
Music Style: Classic Rock, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal
Sound: Put it this way...I relieved all my Marshall gear of duty and I have 2 of these heads along with 2 custom built, for Robbe Zappa (Me), 4x12 cabs with dual Eminence Patriot and dual Eminence Swamp Thang 12"speaka's! Snake skin punked them out and every show I got musicians swarming up to the stage asking HTF I get my sound...BUGERA is the sh!t hands down...and I build tube amps! Exactly the features a studio, practicing or live musician need and a sound that is barely comparable. PLUS I purchased a Bugera Vintage 22 combo that is rocking my musician friends, students and fans world. For my style I swapped out the speaker with an Eminence Patriot and the tubes with Electro-Harmonix (although I usually prefer JJ's) and these tubes were the winning ticket. And to drive the preamp just a tad I use a Daphan (Australian made) Preamp Overdrive...not a distortion pedal cuz it synthesizes distortion...but an OD pedal. I've used it for metal, classic rock, blues and lent it to a friend for jazz, folk rock, originals and 'yes' even Van Halen rock! A great sound 'almost' always means a great gig so anyone that may be pondering over Bugera vs "name brand" let it go brother...go with a good sound and not a piece of outdated past. PLUS you can swap EL34/EL84 power tubes with 6L6/6V6 and bias the amp with a simple RCA cable with one end bare and a a volt meter. So ask yourselves this; do you want a killer sound with full features or a "so-called" prestigious name plastered on an outdated product that fails to meet a guitarists total needs? At the end of the day people aren't going to say, "wow he had a Marshall, or wow he had a Fender". But what they are going to say is "WOW WHAT AN AWESOME TONE"! And then they will glance on the stage and see "Bugera". ~ Robbe Zappa (Robbe Zappa Band) Feature: There are to many to discuss to the average reader but to put it in a nutshell...diversity, ingenuity, performance and a brown sound baby! Ease of Use: Not really a learning curve, great sound...? just plug in, turn on and play. The rest is icing on the cake. Quality: Cosmetically beautiful, made like a Dodge (Ram tough), no worries about longitivity....at all. Value: The price is AMAZING for the quality, features, reliability and tone. As I said, I sold all my Marshall and only play Bugera now. Manufacturer Support: I have dealt with the company...not for any problems but to "seek" an endorsement. I have 2 333XL heads, one custom / one stock.. I have spoken with there tech specialist in the past and he was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The Wow Factor: Features, quality, reliability and tone. Overall: I'd replace with Bugera in a heartbeat
23 of 29 people (79.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"bugera 333xl infinium" submitted March 14, 2013

By Mike D in Owasco, NY
Musical Background: playing for roughly 10 years
Music Style: hard rock/metal
Overall: Its built like a tank and cant get any easier to use. You can get any tone yer looking for ..the effects loop is flawless. the footswitch is nice and durable and has a nice long cord. I love it! noise gate helps but you will still need something in addition. all kinds of gain and boost...it rocks

"Better Than You'll Imagine It To Be" submitted February 14, 2012

By a customer from gmail.com in Boise, ID
Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist for 8 years, drummer for 2 years, singer and songwriter for about 10 years
Music Style: Rock, Punk, Alternative, Psychobilly, Rockabilly, Blues, Metal, Hardcore, Folk
Overall: This amp was made for all style's of rock! Between the 2 separate Gain channels, you can get ANY sound you could ever want (when it comes to gain). The cleans could use a bit of body, and the Reverb can be a bit weak, but it's still there and the fact that the Reverb operates independently on all 3 channels (you can set it ON in Clean, OFF in Crunch, and ON in Lead, and it remembers when you switch channels) makes it a pretty cool feature. I want to retube it to put more body in the cleans, but as a rock head, this can't be beat, for the price. I won't buy another head for the rest of my life, unless it's another one of these. It's also very tough, despite what others say about it. Full of features, and insanely affordable, you'd be crazy to turn this deal down

"I owned this head sold it, about to buy another" submitted July 25, 2012

By Robert Calhoun in Orangevale, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing 7 years and I'm the owner of Arachnid Amp Cabs USA
Music Style: Death Metal
Overall: I bought this head last year in 2011 and unfortunately sold it to pay a few bills. This head sounded beastly the only thing is the stock tubes aren't fully biased (at least on mine) and couldn't even reach the manufacturer specs even when turning the biasing dial all the way up. Pretty much the tubes ran extremely cold weren't and couldn't suck the power they needed to really get that full flavored tone. I threw some JJ ECC803's and JJ 6L6's and it made a world of difference tone wise and I was able to turn the bias knob down drastically. Overall this head is amazing for the price, I just suggest throwing in some after market tubes

"Awesome!" submitted March 16, 2014

By Mickey S in Worcester, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home and with friends. Been playing for five years.
Music Style: Metal Blues
Overall: Three channels of gorgeous tones. From the clean to the extreme I got exactly the kind of sound I wanted. The EQ knobs are very responsive. Haven't had a chance to run effects yet.

"Excellent Sound" submitted July 20, 2013

By Justin S in Cape Girardeau, MO
Musical Background: 12yrs Guitar
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Alternative
Overall: This amp has it all. You can get any sound you want out of this thing. It has sparkling cleans, all the way to high gain distortion. Without doubt one of the BEST sounding amps out there, PERIOD. Here's where that changes. This amp head is built like a tank on the outside. The internals are much different, made of cheap chinese parts. Have you ever seen a "high end" tube amp for under $1200? Theres a reason. After a month and a half of ownership, this amp quit on me in the middle of a gig. How embarassing. Set it back up at home, and it works perfect. I talked with the manufacturer, and they wanted to slap me with a large bill to send it for a warranty claim because, "They probably would not find an issue, and would have to charge me for shipping and labor." I am now stuck with an amp that I can not trust. Awesome. Save yourself a headache and buy a real amp from a real company who doesn't make cheap knock offs of other company's designs.

"Bugera 333xl INFINIUM" submitted February 11, 2014

Overall
Overall: have had it a couple weeks. no problems. great tone and very loud.

When you call, mention priority code 161K-JJPB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976