When you call, mention priority code 1644-GBX8

Rating and Reviews: Bugera 1960-INFINIUM Amp

Capture the classic crunch of a vintage British amp at an amazing price. The Bugera 1960-INFINIUM head uses four EL34 power tubes for serious tone.

"Amazing Amp For The Money..Buy it Now!!" submitted May 3, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: 20 years- 10 year( Professional)
Music Style: Rock( Psych-Blues)
Overall: This Thing is a Beast!!I bought this amp as a back-up. Normally play a modded Sovtek mig 60+ a Plexi reissue. the sovtek was in the shop. So I read the reviews on the Bugera 1960 infinium & figured it was worth it just because I could switch the tubes around w/o biasinig. Boy was I right. It came in & I was shocked at how it sounded out of box. Loud & proud. It sounded alot like my plexi. It's not as complex as the plexi but, it's only 1/4 of the price!! Then I changed out the tubes(Pre:1 mullard & 2 E-harm 12ax7) & one power amp( svetlana el34) & the Amp Just came to life!! Smooth but with just enough bite, full but not to bassy. very well rounded in general.This amp has quite a bite of gain. At first I put all 3 e-harm 12ax7 in and it was to much gain for my use. So, the addtion of the mullard in the # 1 position & that tamed the overall sound. Bottom Line..Best value on the market today. If you are willing to do the work & change around the tubes(the best part). You can really bring it life!!

"Bugera has improved" submitted May 28, 2013

By Jeff L in N. Smithfield, RI
Musical Background: Studio
Overall: I owned the first 1960 Bugera model and had to use a power brake to play at normal volume levels...The volume was just too loud in that amp. When Bugera redesigned the 1960 and may have corrected issues people like me had after owning it. Problems solved with the NEW model...They added great feature like a phase invertor that acts like a master volume but it actually never cuts the volume completely off rather it will drop the volume down to sound like a 5 watt amp. The cascaded mod is very interesting. A amp company did this to Rhandy's amp because he wanted more gain in his amp. It works just like that. The cascade mod uses the second channel as a main gain and the first adds girth. It's opposite to the how the first channel now works adding an internal jump to both. No need for a jump cable anymore to blend volumes, its already been done internally. This amp is a great bargain for what you get...It's not point to point wiring but the fact that they now include a self bias circuit with their infinium system which tells you when a power tube is bad is worth buying. This is testimonial the Infinium system works...I bought four EL34 replacement tubes and one turned out to be bad...I had two 6L6GC laying around so I tried two new EL34 and two 6L6GC tubes... The light went off indicating the tubes all worked and the amp sounds excellent...Yes you can blend tubes in this amp it works...

"Nice!" submitted August 24, 2013

By Wesley S in Lincoln City, OR
Musical Background: 40 years,
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Rock mostly but enjoy some classical as well as other genre's,
Overall: I originally use Line 6 equipment because of flexibility along with extensive effects, sound quality yet wanted a pure tube power amp for the vintage tone. My research was extensive and price didn't really play a role, I was prepared to spend as much as was needed to satisfy my tone habit, my addiction. Power, Vintage, Plexi, and British tone all played a role in my choice, almost purchased a 1959 reissue but decided this amp had what I needed. Out of the box and with a guitar with SD vintage pickups I was awed by the clear crisp tones I was hearing, I had planned to hear a warmer sound by other reviews but with this amp the clear tones can be brought to match the bell like cleans of the Vox yet the heavy compressed lows that are felt with any Marshall around! Not bad because I thought I would also be a Vox NT50 head to get those bell like cleans, no need this amp right out of the box does it all, a true Plexi. I ordered extra power JJ tubes for experimentation along with a set of ECC83 that are known to give more breakup crunch or gain, so according to some mixing the EL83's with 6L6's is better set up but not seeing it myself unless I use my active pickups. To conclude, I have to say overall I'm not sure why you would spend a lot for a plexi style amp when its a "Bugera 1960 Infinium" that satisfies the addiction! Yes, I am a tone addict!

"Great TONE, Great VALUE for any Musician!!!" submitted December 7, 2011

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Fusion, Instrumental Rock (Vai)
Sound: The tone is incredible with a very smooth and deep breakup. Excellent Rock and Metal sounds as well as Fusion or Instrumental. The EQ settings are sensitive and true to the settings on the knob. I would recommend tyring different tubes in place of the EL34s. Don't get me wrong but the EL34's sound great. 6L6s have a more "open" sound to them when used with this amp. it is just cool that you can drop in pretty much any tube. Feature: Standard number of features but the Infinium technology is incredible. Plus, you can exchange types of tubes and you will get some variability in sound - TREMENDOUS spec! No reverb but nothing a pedal can't handle. I would also like a presence but many older "styles" of amps didn't have presence back then and this is what this amp is modelled after. Ease of Use: Easy to use as the controls are typical. The inputs are labeled as well. Quality: This is a quality made product that can compete on every level of construction. Even seems to use heavy hardwood - very solid. Parts and wiring seem to be top notch compared to other heads I have. Looks very "clean". Only had it for a couple of weeks but so far so good. Value: Great value in a 150 watt head with great tone. This is a TONE MONSTER! At $500, this is a steal versus the amp this is modelled after which costs 3-4 times this price - and that's a "re-issue"! This is very gig-worthy and can be compared to the best brands out there for sound and tone. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: The Infinium version of the 1960 is tremendous with the Red front insert, it sets itself apart from the rest as far as looks. Overall: Great value, great price point, great tone and should be bought by every serious musician. If you don't like it, return it. $500 is well worth buying for any amp head just to try out. The Bugera 1960 Infinium is one of the best amp deals out there!
22 of 24 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Bugera 1960 Infinium" submitted May 30, 2014

Overall
Overall: This a great amp very simple controls how I like them to be.This sucker is loud Reallly loud but keeps it's tone quality at higher volume. The head is actually bigger than it looks in the picture the same size as the old marshall plexi. This amp is a steal the master volume in the back helps a ton but it can still be louder great lows crisp high it's a very versatile amp for volume and genre style not sure for the heavier gain

"Great Value!" submitted December 27, 2012

By Phillip R in Pleasant View, TN
Musical Background: 6 years Hobby Rocker and some times touring
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Country
Overall: I recently sold all of my gear due to financial problems. All I ever wanted was an Amp that had that Plexi sound. I was doing research on amps when I saw on youtube this Bugera amp. Needless to say I was hooked! Amazing Tone no need for pedals and perfect for my budget.

"Bugera 1960 INFINIUM Guitar Amp Head" submitted October 31, 2012

By Bill Q in Anchorage, AK
Overall
Musical Background: play guitar, own many amps. This is one of the best ever, bar none.
Music Style: Rock n Roll, Metal, and more
Overall: Better than all the Marshall amps and features it was designed to imitate. Simply Brilliant. And the ability to mix and match tubes takes this amp to a whole new sonic dimension and level of sound tuning. Don't miss this amp!

"Nice classic Rock tone" submitted May 23, 2013

By Jeff Lafreniere in North Smithfield, RI
Musical Background: Self taught musician
Overall: I bought this amp from zZounds, they seem to be the only one to actually carry this excelent sounding amp. I really like the tone in this amp but I wanted to try mix matching 6L6 and EL34 tubes at the same time. This amp allows for cross pollination of tubes and sounds amazing doing this. I am very happy with the tone out of the box but ecstatic that this amp offers so much for under $500. Check out my demo on YouTube JBM8863 see and listen to my full reviews playing through this excelent amp.

When you call, mention priority code 1644-GBX8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976