When you call, mention priority code 1562-1V0V

Rating and Reviews: Budda Superdrive 18 Head

Designed for clubs and studios, this low-wattage guitar amp head from Budda has three 12AX7 preamp tubes.

"Updated Review" submitted December 10, 2013

By Dennis McLaughlin in Elkins, WV
Musical Background: Pro, and Semi Pro for over 25 years
Music Style: Rock, blues, rockabilly, reggae, grunge, Christian, country, etc..
Sound: The tubes are driven pretty hard by design in the Superdrive series. That gives it a gorgeous, rich, complex tone, with loads of dimensionality and harmonics. Many Superdrive owners will tell you that these "sound best with Sovtek tubes," but don't believe that for a minute! Mine came loaded with JJs, and sounds fantastic with those, but,,,,,, I loaded it with a vintage, Mullard ECC83 in V1, and an Amperex Bugle Boy 7025 in V2, and this thing is simply to die for! Think of a JCM800 mixed with a Trainwreck Express. I have built a couple Dumble style amps, and this thing, in a way, reminds me of a british Dumble, with the sustain and harmonic content. Feature: Simple features. Hard to go wrong here. Set the Drive channel tone, and the Rhythm channel generally sounds excellent as well. The bright switch on the Rhythm channel will get you close to Vox territory. The mid switch helps at times too, though I rarely use it. Ease of Use: Very easy to make it sound great. Just turn up the volume and it sings. Quality: Road worthy construction so far as I can tell. Very solid feel and look. Value: Well worth every penny spent. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with customer service, but I hear they are very friendly and helpful. The Wow Factor: Very sweet aesthetics. I'm not a huge fan of purple, but this thing wears it very well! Overall: This is probably the most overlooked, world class amp on the market. The tone, and quality are first rate, and I would put this up against any of the custom amps that I've ever built.

"18 watts of Budda heaven!" submitted August 9, 2013

By David B in Port Washington, WI
Overall
Musical Background: Newbie at guitar, but 25 year drummer who can no longer play my kit due to RA in my ankles.
Music Style: Rock and Texas style blues my favorite.
Overall: First off, amp came a day early- nicely done zZounds. Hooked it up and plugged my faithful strat into it-WOW! This amp is the real deal. Cleans sparkle with plenty of headroom for 18 watts. Distortion is to die for. Front panel is easy to understand, has a minimalist feel to it, which is fine by me. However, with every turn of a knob, you get changes in tone, volume, etc. Very sensitive to pick attack, harmonics up the azz! Only negative(and its not that bad at all), is a small amount of 60 cycle hum that is audible when you are not playing. I'm only guessing, but that is probably due to the tube driven rectifier. But because the rectifier is tube driven, that is where you get that sweet, sweet tube sag. I was looking at a Orange TH30H, which does sound great, but 1400.00 and made in China, what's up with that? I thought being made in China would keep costs low? If you want a hand wired(power section), made in the USA product that that will make your girlfriend/wife jealous because you no longer have much time for them- Budda is your amp!!!! Beautiful sound, beautiful amp- 'nuf said!

"What other amps aspire to be." submitted December 7, 2013

By Dennis McLaughlin in Elkins, WV
Musical Background: Pro, and Semi Pro for over 25 years
Music Style: Classic Rock, 80s Rock, Blues & Blues Rock, Rockabilly, Country, Reggae, Christian
Overall: This is, hands down, the best amplifier I have ever heard straight out of the box. I have owned Vox AC30s and 15s, Marshall JCM800s and JTM 45s, Blacface Fenders, and Dumble clones (I build custom guitar amps in my spare time). This is truly an excellent design, in a rock solid package. The "Rhythm" channel is clean, in a Vox-ish way. There's a bit of grit there, but it has decent headroom. The "Drive" channel, is spectacular! Think of a perfect mix of the EVH "brown sound" and a Trainwreck Express. Loaded with harmonics. Smooth creamy Santana like distortion and sustain down to rich overdrive. The most articulate, touch sensitive amp I have ever owned. It's a keeper for sure!

When you call, mention priority code 1562-1V0V. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976