When you call, mention priority code 173D-C7Z1

Rating and Reviews: Boss VE20 Voice Performer

Designed with singers in mind, the Boss VE-20 pedal sweetens live vocals with subtle thickening, spacious reverb, huge harmonies and 38 seconds of looping.

Overall

"Great for recording and for carrying your custom sound to gigs with ease." submitted December 25, 2011

Overall
Sound: It doesn't weaken your tone at all when adding effects. If you looking for some good reverb, modulation, and delay this thing does the trick and sounds as good as many $$rack units out there. The double voice effect sounds great for a chorus live. Feature: It has a lot of great features but you can't control everything with you feet. Ease of Use: Really easy to use. Building off the presets is easy. The presets sound pretty good already. Quality: Boss pedals are always built well. Manufacturer Support: Great service and company. The Wow Factor: Sounds as good as many rackmounts that are at least 2x the price. Overall: Shouldn't have made it like there twin guitar pedals. Boss should have made this a new design with more pedals and an expression pedal for more control in a live situation. But that's the only problem.

"If you sing, it's a no-brainer" submitted March 11, 2010

Musical Background: Active musician/studio owner
Music Style: everything
Sound: Phenomenal. The vocals are rich and flexible even without pitch correction. You can push this unit to the extreme and still sound really good. Bending notes transition smoothly (no chattering effect). Layering vocal loops does not degrade the previous loops, so you can sing rounds and not lose fidelity. With a little tweaking, I even made myself sound like an African chorus (I'm Chinese, so this really messes with people) Feature: Lots of useful features for vocalists. Easy to read the display in any condition. Ease of Use: SO easy to use, yet powerful. The menu was so easy that I have yet to open the manual. I knew almost every feature by the time this left the store. I even trained the sales person on how to use it! Quality: Built like a brick. My only concern is missing the pedal in the heat of performance, and snapping off the sound dial, but even that looks like it could take a few good stomps and survive. Value: Hard to say. I've been seeking a vocal pedal that does the things this one does for a couple of years, so to me this thing is an excellent value. The price is a bit steep, but beats every vocal pedal out there, sooo.... Manufacturer Support: Don't think I'll need Boss support for this pedal. Ever. The Wow Factor: It looks like every dual pedal effect Boss makes. I love that it's not cluttered with lots of buttons and dials. What I love most about it is the fact that it's EXACTLY what I wanted in a vocal pedal, but no one made it until Boss released this. Someone at Boss did their research. (note: at the time I discovered the VE-20, I couldn't afford it but bought it anyway. I'll just eat lots of Top Ramen this month.) Overall: I suspect that this pedal will become legendary, like the DS-1. I hope Boss continues this pedal because it fits live and studio applications very well. I would definitely replace it if lost/stolen/broken, and hope that I can replace it easily if that happens.
146 of 151 people (96.69%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Boss VE20 Voice Performer Pedal....Awesome for my 'solo' gigs" submitted January 18, 2012

By Donald Kaulia in Waimea, HI
Musical Background: 30 years in the Vistors Bureau Circuit for all Islands
Music Style: Hawaiian, contemporary
Overall: I rate this item 5 diamonds & 5 stars: Easy to set up and breakdown. The menu is simple to use. I've been doing the gig scene here in the Hawaiian Islands for more than 30 years....the economy kind put all of us entertainers to be 'soloist'....this BOSS VE20 Voice Performer Pedal is so handy and supportive....I don't feel so lonely now when I do my gigs......DonaldKaulia(iTunes)

"Sleepless in Texas...I don't know when to stop playing with this unit musicly, time gets away, before I know it, it's time for t" submitted August 4, 2011

By a customer from suddenlink.net
Music Style: Country/Gospel/Tejano
Sound: The sound of this boss ve-20 is off the hook !!! And the quality, you can beat it. It has a very precise responce, it,s right on the money. The sound OMG it's the bomb! I can achieve whatever sound I could possibly imagine, it,s amazing to say the least. I'm just starting to experiment with it, 'cause I just got it, but OMG I am really blown away! It is on the same level as I am, it's a goes-with type of box. It does what you program it to do, and the sound by it self, bud, it's unbelieveable. It really sounds great with other products. And for recording live, the sound is quality,quality,qaulity. In the setting department, the sky is the limit. I'm using this pedal with my Behringer and Peavey mixers combined and getting the max out of it! The sound I my environment is absolutely a 10! If I could change anything it would be the way the harmonies sound, but it's steal the absolute BOMB! Feature: This pedal did come with the adapter and six batteries so it's on! Ready to rock your world, as they say. I'm steal experimenting with the pedal so I'm really ready to commint on the least and any features I wish it had, but maybe later on I could comment in that area. This pedal is made of quality materials and it looks like it could last a life time and the components are tight and just what this box needs. Ease of Use: It'pretty easy to get the sounds you want, I mean, you have to go through all the setting, but this gives you a lot of options as to what you want to hear as you sing and play. I've not used this with interface, so I'm not able to comment in this area. It's pretty easy to use once you get acquainted with it. There is definitely a learning curve, the manuel does help in assitting one's path. Have not tried it on any instruments so cannot comment in that area. Quality: This product is very durable, in my opinon, I think it could last a lifetime. the quality and the cosmetic of this product is top notch. I've only had it one month and so far, it's always functioned each time I've hit the on buttom...I have no backup, but I really don't think I will need one (backup). This product will be great for the road. It could very well last a decade or more. Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: I gave this a 7 because I do not know what the company would do should I need their assistance... The Wow Factor: This product is COOL,COOL,COOL! This is a great addtion to my instrument arsenal. Overall: I suspect that I will be satisfied for a good minute with this product. This product does meet my goals and then some. If it were stolen I would have to purchase another one,(the same VE-20) already, I am very attached to this pedal. Before I bought this product I wish I had known how much I needed something like this. I really like the many things this unit can do, and make my songs go to a higher level as far as quality.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Boss VE20 Voice Performer Customer Review submitted April 22, 2010

By a customer from dhs.gov
Music Style: Jazz/ R&B
Sound: This compact pedal delivers believable harmonies, nice reverbs and clear delays. I tested everything out there and nothing this small delivers so much and you don't have to play instrument although I do. I have a small rack of effects (Lexicon, TC Electronic, Aphex Aural Exciter and Tube preamps). I don't cart the rack to gigs anymore. I can reasonably achieve those studio effects and carry in my gig bag. Boss got it right. Feature: No accessories. It should have included the PSA power adaptor for $250, but I went ahead and got one separately. I believe the presets are good and a real joy of this box is the ability to tweak delay times, feedback, the dynamics, 5 or so reverbs and stacking harmonies. However, the phrase looper and the ability to overdub is remarkable. Ease of Use: Good manual but I just opened and started testing. Quality: Made of metal...should withstand gig abuse for many years. Value: I would have paid a bit more now that I've tested it. Again, it should come with a power supply. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed. The Wow Factor: I saw this on a You Tube video featuring Alexx Daye and had to have one. Overall: This is going to be in my arsenal for a long while. The first gig I used it on...people took notice of the harmonies coming from just ME!!!
40 of 44 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Boss VE20 Vioce Performer Pedal" submitted February 7, 2012

By Nathan Smith Sr in Gouverneur, NY
Musical Background: Played for 50yrs, Guitar, Mandolin, Banjo. Still working
Music Style: 50,60s Rock in Roll, Country, Blue Grass, &0s rock
Overall: The pedal was even better than I thought it would be. I've been playing for 50yrs and don't impress easily. But WOW, this thing is amazing. As always dealing with Zzounds is the best experience of ALL online music stores. Their 4 pay plan makes it easy as pie to get anything you could want. Thank you fro being who you are

"Boss VE20 Voice Performer Pedal (I own It.)" submitted May 9, 2014

By Paul C in Umatilla, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Drums, Keys and Vocals.
Music Style: Blues Rock and Country
Overall: I am a Drummer and I've wanted a hands free harmonizer for a long timeI started using the unit straight out of the box. It's very simple to operate. The menus are easy to navigate and the manual is an easy read. I had distortion when I first fired up the unit but after I turned down the Master level and the Mike Sensitivity it was fine. The WOW factor is the combination of things this unit can do. It's an effects unit, a vocoder, a looper ect... if you bought all of these as separate units you would spend a lot more than the asking price of the VE20. Also, the sound quality is wonderful.On the down side I find that the unit is a bit awkward to use as a floor unit since you have to make menu adjustments by hand. I have mine setting on a music stand on my left side and run it by hand.All in all the Boss VE20 is a very well constructed quality unit and a great value. Buy it.

"Beats Digitech for sound and Quality" submitted February 1, 2013

By Jesse H in Mount Carmel, PA
Musical Background: Singer for 5 years
Music Style: rock, metal, punk, alternative
Overall: This processor is definitely one of the better vocal processorsnon the market, especially for the price! I have also owned the Digitech 300 and the Boss blows it away. The preprogrammed effects are very useful and stageready and the sound quality is phenomenol!

"Boss VE 20 tightens bands vocal sounds" submitted December 19, 2013

By Buddy Haley in Springville, NY
Musical Background: weekend oldies band over 30 years doing it
Music Style: oldies and classic rock
Overall: after speaking with a customer service person who checked it out for me, found out you could use it with a separate send from the mixer board, you can send any one person to the unit by changing the sends, me vocals ,you thru unit for back ups, you lead vocal me backups changing sends on board, inexpensive answer to better vocal sounds

"Boss ve20 performer pedal" submitted January 11, 2014

By terry stone in Erwin, NC
Overall
Musical Background: been playing for over 30 years. Bass if my main instrument. I play professionally.
Music Style: In my life Iv'e played all types. but now i am serving the Lord, playing Southern Gospel.
Overall: I play professional so you would not believe how much this helps my voice! amazing. It would be nice if the power cord came with it , but It's great anyway .

"the Boss" submitted November 13, 2012

By SeanX M in Boston, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Ld Vox of the Rockband "Whiskey Station" & sometimes I'll pick up the guitar,bass,I am a sound/mixer,lyricist too.
Music Style: Hard Rock-blues infuenced rock,melodic & metal along with acceppella.
Overall: Simplicity in a duel pedal box... no need to call NASA....or get a grad from MIT to help ya out witth this...the manual is simple the layout,design,functions are simple yet tough. I use this ( borrowed) and digitech300/400 vox system-both are rugged,simple but this is the BOSS....ya can't/won't sound fake... nuff said !

"Boss voice box" submitted August 28, 2012

By Ron Barlow in Oklahoma City, OK
Overall
Musical Background: guitar, bass guitar and a little keyboard
Music Style: Blues, rock and Christian
Overall: I like the way it works and sounds.

Boss VE20 Voice Performer Customer Review submitted January 1, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: I own an audio/video production company, played in bands for almost 40 years, worked as a recording engineer for 15 of those yea
Music Style: All styles
Sound: Comparable to rack units in terms of sound. 30 well selected presets that can be modified into 30 user banks. I'm a sax player that wanted to have a good sounding verb and delay no matter where I went or what system I was plugged into. This met that need. I also used the octaves, harmonizer, and chorus to fatten up parts. I like that the second pedal is assignable so that I could keep my reverb delay settings and kick in the doubling and harmonizing as needed. This product was very quiet as compared to the TC Helicon Create pedal that I used. Each serve different functions but I found the boss pedal to be far more flexable and the sound much cleaner. Feature: It had the feature set that I needed. I would have liked a few more parameters to tweek but after all this is a stomp box and not a studio verb unit. While on the subject of studio, I would not hesitate to use it for session work. Ease of Use: The box is layed out logically and five minutes with the instruction booklet had me up and running. I was able to program in 10 user patches in the first hour I had the box and I played my first gig with the box that night. Six of the ten patches I programmed in were keepers and I actually fine tuned the sounds on break and was able to dial in what I was wanting. Great that those parameters can be named, copied, swapped, and stored. Quality: The product is the same construction as Boss's other twin pedals. Value: I think the pedal is a bargain. Manufacturer Support: No opinion The Wow Factor: Not much on sex appeal for stomp boxes. It simply works as advertised. Overall: This pedal will be used for many years to come.
92 of 97 people (94.85%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Boss VE20 Voice Performer Pedal" submitted November 15, 2012

By Deb Carter in Athens, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Lead singer for the band Scarlet Stitch. Playing Music for 35 years. Vocals and Guitar
Music Style: We are a Rock and Roll band Check us out. We would love it. As soon as we have a live performance using the VE20 we will put
Overall: DON'T KNOW WHY I WAITED SO LONG. THIS IS THE BEST PIECE OF EQUIPMENT I OWN. THE VE20 HAS CHANGED HOW THE WHOLE BAND PLAYS AND HAS PUSHED MY VOCALS TO PLACES I HAVE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY. IT IS TOTALLY AMAZING AND I STILL HAVE NOT CHECKED OUT ALL THE FEATURES... I LOVE IT ..... TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT..

When you call, mention priority code 173D-C7Z1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976