When you call, mention priority code 12DV-BYR2

Rating and Reviews: Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner

The Boss TU-3 is one of the most popular tuners available. With such highly accurate tuning performance, it's no wonder the Boss TU-3 is such a hit.

"Cost effective 'road worthy' tuner" submitted April 6, 2011

Music Style: Bass and guitar - power metal and christian rock
Sound: I've used this for both the bass and guitar in live settings and it's done everything I could want it to do. If you take the time to learn how to switch the modes, there are no issues at all. I love the mute/gate when it is engaged as I do some bass playing for religious services and it is a great to be able to tune/adjust quickly on the fly. The LED lights are nice and bright and visible when the stage lighting is bright. Additionally, I've found the accuracy of the tuning to be spot on. Feature: Most useful features described above. However, if you're going to use it alot, get a power adapter. This thing loves batteries. But DON'T buy the Boss one. I bought the "one spot" adapter and it has held up far better with no issues. Didn't give it a 10 due to the adaptor Boss has and the fact that it loves batteries. Ease of Use: I read manuals unlike most people. So if you read the manual, it is SIMPLE to use. I browsed through the little manual in the box and had it up and running for both guitar and bass and can now change it on the fly. Quality: Boss - always has rugged dependable stuff. Their adapters suck though. Get a 'One Spot'. Value: I have a Korg rack tuner for bigger gigs, and I use this for smaller ones. Well worth the money for the smaller gigs but could be used for large ones as well it that's your preference. Manufacturer Support: Never have needed support of any kind. Says alot about their products if you ask me. The Wow Factor: I've always been partial to the simplicity/look of MXR boxes as the Boss boxes are a bit bigger. But I have no issues with this one at all. It has already received its share of nicks and bumps from consistant setup and tear down - that makes it "prettier" in my opinion. Overall: Overall a 9 - again, hate the adapter, but this product itself is worth every penny.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best tuner on the market." submitted December 30, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Sound: Doesn't produce sound. It's a tuner. Feature: This is amazing! It allows you to tune basses, guitars, everything! In all tunings! Ease of Use: All you do is plug on end of the cord into you amp, and the other end into the input of the pedal and press down on the pedal and it tunes for you. Quality: 100% awesome. Overall: I would reccomend this over any other tuner.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"It's a Boss" submitted January 26, 2014

By Antonio A in Longmont, CO
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar, Mndolin, Keynoards, Harmonica, acoustic guitar
Music Style: Blues-rock, soul, blues, classic rock, 50's style rock, folk, psychedelic rock
Sound: Thud! If you drop it, it makes a thud, nut this thing is built to last. Feature: I really like how of you want to tune your guitar to drop D or anything, it will show you how far you are from it. The little LED lights are spot-on with pitch accuracy. Ease of Use: Very easy. It's so simple and so effective, best tuner out on the market. Except for maybe Gibson's Min-etune thing. Quality: It's built like a tank. It's made of metal and pretty darn durable. I dropped it one time, and there wasn't even a scratch!!! Value: Well worth the $100. Could be $85, nut I'm kinda cheap. Well worth the money for sure. I entered in everything as 5-stars, but it wouldn't keep them for some reason. Manufacturer Support: No, but I'm sure they're pretty Boss-y The Wow Factor: WOW! Its an essential, and I was pretty picky about pedal tuners, since I can't really hear myself on stage or practice. This little thing is really helpful as well as convenient. Overall: I honestly wasn't expecting much, but when it arrived I quickly changed my mind. It was kind of funny, because when I opened it a few papers flew out of the little box it's in. It sure does it job, very very accurate if you know how to use it!

" just buy it!" submitted April 2, 2014

By a customer from gmail.com in San Diego, CA
Musical Background: live/recording
Music Style: anywhere where loud electric guitar is needed!
Overall: I've had it since its first inception in 2010 and am glad I have it on my pedalboard! I bought two of them,one for back up. I don't care how great of a Guitar/Bass player someone thinks they are,if your not in tune all the time,YOU WILL SUCK! and loose gigs.. I play semi-pro gigs that pay! and let me tell you they don't have time for mickey mouse teenage guitarist mentality. If you cant tune your guitar fast and deliver the goods that your expected you don't get a call back.....THIS TUNER HAS SAVE ME LOTS OF GOOD GIGS! and the plus side,no tone loose at all.

"Good tuner at a good price." submitted October 11, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active musicians, recording engineer.
Music Style: Industrial
Sound: It doesn't seem to add any noise to the signal, so it's fine to leave it in the effects chain. Feature: Works great. Ease of Use: Easy to use. Quality: Built like a tank. Value: It's worth it, definitely. Manufacturer Support: I registered the product at the Roland website. It was an easy, hassle-free process. The Wow Factor: It's not all that great to look at, but it does what it does so well, aesthetics are irrelevant. Overall: This is my go-to tuner, for now. I don't expect that to change any time soon.

"Indispensable for staying in tune on stage." submitted April 24, 2011

Musical Background: Committed amateur
Music Style: Blues, some rock, some standards
Sound: It's a tuner and isn't supposed to affect the sound. Feature: Incredibly practical to have highly visible, silent turning available while on stage. Ease of Use: Easy to turn on and off. One of the visual tuning aid modes is very good, the other less so. I have a feeling they could come up with something a little less busy if they worked on it. It's very clear when the tuning is dead on, sometimes a little less clear as to which way to adjust it. Quality: Seems very rugged. Value: I haven't seen many similar tuners. It's definitely worth the extra money as compared to the Boss non-pedal tuner. Manufacturer Support: n/a Overall: Assuming it doesn't wear out or die prematurely, I would definitely replace it with the same model.

"Great for outdoor gigs" submitted October 21, 2012

By Jim M in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Have played guitar for 40 years. I play guitar, bass guitar, and keyboard. Our band play about 4 to 5 paid gigs each year.
Music Style: Classic rock and roll, country rock, and folk.
Overall: The inline Boss TU-3 is perfect for outdoor gigs where temperature changes require frequent retuning. Just step on the pedal, tune offline without disconnecting any cords or turning off the amp, then click again and you're back in business. It also eliminates amp poping sounds when switching guitars. The indicator is easy to read from a standing position.

"Blind willie will see!!!" submitted December 1, 2010

Musical Background: 20 yrs bands
Music Style: funky ol soul and metal
Sound: No draw on tone that I hear. I believe it is true bypass. Feature: Use it on anything you'd like. Ease of Use: Little weird at first but it is a good solid tuner. Quality: This company (roland/boss/edirol) will be around for a long time. Value: It was a a gift. Priceless as they say. Manufacturer Support: Web site is pretty good and has all manuals etc. The Wow Factor: Never used a tuner. I can tune on the fly. I like the pedal for its approach to visual tuning. Very cool. So I do use it before playing a set. Overall: will never own another tuner. still have boss gear from twenty years ago.

"'s OK" submitted May 21, 2012

By Kevin B in Asotin, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for twenty+ years. Bought this for my son.
Music Style: Hard Rock, Heavy metal.
Overall: Why in the world would you only have a "sharp" indicator, when almost everyone tunes to "flat"? Sure, you know that d sharp is the same as e flat, but especially when quickly dropping your low string on a e flat guitar to d flat, who wants to even waste that much attention if you only have a few seconds between songs? My son plays onstage with four guitars in four different tunings, some to standard and some flat, so using just the "flat mode" is not an option. Lots of options on this pedal, but I think that's where the problem lies: it's trying to be all things to all players. Overall, it tries to do too much at once and wind up doing it's job less well as a result. Bypass is dead silent, so that's nice. Power supply would be handy if I didn't already have one. Overall, underwhelming. I expected more from Boss.

"The last tuner you'll ever need." submitted March 19, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Country, Praise/Worship
Sound: Love the tuner so couldn't bring myself to rate it poorly even though it doen't produce sound. Feature: Love the Sweep function and the off standard memorization settings. Our Church piano is tuned at 438(!) instead of 440. My other tuner, though capable of setting to 438, it reverts back to standard on power up. Ease of Use: Lots of features, so it does take some time to get comfortable with the operation. Quality: Still have a Tu-2 (?). Not even sure how old it is, but it still works fine. Also have several other foot pedals from the company and all still work. Value: Great price from Zzounds and this tuner will last forever. Manufacturer Support: Though I haven't had to use them. Again can't give them a rating hit because their product performs so well for so long.... The Wow Factor: Have a couple tuners, but HAD to have this one for all the features, reliability and ease of use Overall: Doubt I'll ever need to purchase another tuner unless I get tired of carting this one back and forth.

"DEPENDABLE" submitted October 30, 2012

By Jake B in Monticello, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Bass player for over 30 years.
Music Style: Hard Rock/Metal/Classic Hairband Rock
Overall: By far the best tuner for the money hands down. This pedal is durable, reliable, and always dependable. I have seen way more expensive rack tuners that can't touch this tuner!

When you call, mention priority code 12DV-BYR2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976