When you call, mention priority code 1451-4L5M

Rating and Reviews: Boss RE-20 Space Echo

The legendary Roland Space Echo has risen again as the Boss RE-20 Space Echo Delay. Fans of the original will love the analog tape echo sound of this update.

"Boss RE20" submitted September 25, 2013

By Joshua M in Wetumpka, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Alabammer Jammer.
Sound: Being my first delay pedal I can't compare it to others however it doesn't suck any of my tone. It doesn't even sound digital, cold, or sterile to me. Doesn't color my amps tone either. Make sure you use this in the effects loop however it does sound okay through the front end up my gain channel. Feature: From what I can tell this has all the features of the original RE201 but in a compact stompbox. Ease of Use: This is the first pedal I've bought that the manufacturer actually provided sample settings in the manual.On the underside of the pedal has a diagram of how the different modes include which tape head sound. I found my favorite delay sound in a few minutes and now I feel like David Gilmour with this thing on. Quality: It's a Boss pedal. I'll never have reliability issues. Feels nice and heavy too. Value: This pedal is just like it's analog predecessor and those units are very costly on the used market. My friends RE501 tape echo/chorus unit is worth a pretty penny but my pedal does something his unit can't do and that is my pedal actually works. Boss could charge up to twice the price and still sell these. Manufacturer Support: Being a Boss pedal I'm sure the manufacturer support is great too. The Wow Factor: It does have a cool name "space echo". Sounds like something a martian left behind on our planet. It even smiles and winks at you. In fact maybe it's a space robot from another galaxy! Overall: I finally broke down and decided to buy a delay pedal. At first I just wanted an MXR Carbon Copy but after selling my second amp and having extra money I decided without hesitation to buy the RE20. I'm not going to say this is the best delay pedal on the market but it does an excellent tape delay sound for what it's worth. I really like the layout and the ability to mix tape heads and reverb. It doesn't take long at all to find a good setting either. I can't wait to use this with two amps either. I'll probably pick up the MXR someday but I won't need to.

"If your a reggae or mellow player with a dynamic sound, or a key boardist looking for a certain sound, this is it. Its a versita" submitted August 12, 2010

Musical Background: Sound Engineer
Music Style: Reggae, and DUB, and anything that makes you move.
Sound: I loved this pedal from the start. it was everything i was looking for in my DUB. Ive heard people say thats its not the best for guitar but it works well with other pedals. I found that putting a nice phaser after it seems to help with a dynamic whoosh. Reggae lovers should have one. Feature: Awsome to use by hand for an outboard delay. i take it to everyone of my shows. some guys wont let me do sound unless i have it. The intensity knob is what i wanted it for. Then having the 12 mode knob settings is even more dynamic. I wish i had two of them. The tap tempo helps too for quick applications. Ease of Use: It took me a while to get used to, but now i can use it with my eyes closed. I think having a small pedal or button to oscilate it would be cool. i just havent found one for myself yet. I almost wish it had a seperate out for the reverb. I like the sound it gives when its overdriven, very sonar-ish. Its application is great for keyboards. I like that the manual gives settings for classic sounds. Quality: I love the way this thing looks. It not only sounds cool, but looks vintage for those with that taste. Its very strong, and heavy. I love heavy equipment because theyre like old cars, it shows how good of a product it is. I really wish i knew how to make one so i could make my own. Value: It's a good price for someone who really uses it like myself, but i dont think it should properly be priced above 200$. Manufacturer Support: I havent had to deal with them directly, but im sure a company that makes a product like this would be good in all services. The Wow Factor: Its not comparibal to any other delay or echo. i believe its the best thing since the actual head unit itself. I carry it and play it like its my instrument, cause it is. Overall: Ill keep it till it breaks, i wish there was a matching phaser and spring reverb, but it could ude more helpfull style modes. Like 5 differnt tempo modes and 7 differnt styles or something. but its still a beautiful thing.

"Expensive, but worth it" submitted April 9, 2009

Overall
Sound: Great vintage tape echo simulation. Perfect for playing psych, kraut & prog rock. Has a unique, ragged, lost in space feel that I haven't found in any other delay. Be sure you want this sound, though it is really tweakable so I suppose more modern sounds could be coaxed out of it. I am using it with keyboards in a band situation and sounds great in that situation as well as with guitar. The only thing I don't like is there is a slight treble cut when activated, but not terrible considering. Feature: Plenty of tweakability, more so than others. I wish it came with an adapter, at the price it should. I am running the 6 AA batteries and they claim 36 hours which is pretty good for this hefty delay. Ease of Use: Really easy to operate. Takes some time getting adjusted to the different tape head settings. A little goes a long way with this. At loud volumes it is easy to coax into oscillated feedback. Quality: I haven't used Boss pedals before, but as far as I know they are built to last. Seems very sturdy. Value: I wish it were cheaper, but it has the sound I want and need, so that satisfaction for me is worth the extra cost.

"boss re-20 space echo delay pedal" submitted February 19, 2013

By richard f in cornwall, ON
Overall
Musical Background: 54 years playing guitar , bass guitar, tenor saxaphone, harmonica
Music Style: 50' 60' , country old and new, commercial, blues, soft rock
Overall: I am a great fan of the echo sound I am not into reverb which this unit also has to perfection. there is nothing out there that matches this echo sound . I use it solely for my vocals. i have never been complimented so much on my vocals since I purchased this unit. its just the best sound you could want to have and I entertain live.you can take these comments to the bank. a bonus would be to have 2 or three mic inputs thank you

"boss re-20 space echo delay pedal" submitted February 19, 2013

By richard f in cornwall, ON
Music Style: 50' 60' , country old and new, commercial, blues, soft rock

"Space happy." submitted January 6, 2008

By a customer from vidproquo.com
Overall
Sound: VERY close approximation of the old Space Echo. Tone controls allow for nice colour adjustment of the delay sound. Reverb isn't my favourite effect. But this one is at least usable. Doesn't sound springy or fake. Seems to be a bit more sensitive to the gain of the input - especially between the difference of clean vs. distorted qualities. The sound is good for both. But I have to either set it for one character or the other; or try to find a useful compromise between them. Not perfect for both. The real Space echos didn't seem to do that near as much as this digital version. But again, a really nice modern rendition of a classic. Feature: Has some features that are kind of cool. But some are just useless gimicks. The "tape speed" indicator is cute for the first 30 seconds. But after that, it's just a battery waster. Doesn't really serve any useful purpose. But all of the controls do just what they are supposed to. The "oscillation" effect doesn't really seem to have a real use. (1) Since the unit sits on the floor, it would be kind of silly to have to bend down just to do some non-musical effect. With a real tape echo, you could just reach back and do it, put the speed knob back where you want it, and it's over. Here; even if you did want to look dorky and squat down just for that one silly thing, just putting the knob back doesn't take it out of that mode. Ah, the price of digital. Ease of Use: If one reads the names on the knobs, it shouldn't be tough at all. The only one that will take some figuring is the main settings knob. And a quick read of the manual (or the bottom of the unit) and that gets cleared up straight away. If you're used to dialing in a specific number on your digital readout, best get over that quick. Here, your ear is the only gauge of the delay tempo that will be of any use. It's old-school, but it works great if you just learn to work with the device instead of insisting that the device pander to you. Quality: Seems built lots stronger than I was anticipating. Heavier than it looks. Reckon I could chock the wheels of my car, should I need to change a tire, in a pinch and still expect it would sound just fine at the next gig. Value: It could have been a little less expensive. But I'm happy I have it. Even for what I paid for it. Manufacturer Support: N.A. The Wow Factor: Very cool. For folks who want GUITAR sounding effects, and/or a more vintage quality to their tone, this is a hot choice. Even better that the panel looks just like a miniature version of the 201. Kinda takes me back a bit every time I look down. Overall: A good purchase. A happy customer. I still like the tone of my rig even after adding this one to the chain. I worthy addition to my music.

When you call, mention priority code 1451-4L5M. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976