When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-PYWS

Rating and Reviews: Boss RC-505 Loop Station

More than just a looper pedal, this Boss Loop Station has tons of effects with real-time modeling, 85 rhythm patterns, USB MIDI and more. Who needs a band?

"Perfect looper for live electronic music" submitted February 25, 2015

By Ramon Mills in Austin, TX
Musical Background: Electron musician, Keyboard player, drum machine enthusiast
Music Style: Experimental electronic music, Ambient, post dub, IDM, Breakcore ,Glitch
Overall: The Boss RC-505 packs in a lot of features for being marketed as "just a looper". It's really closer to a robust digital recorder or workstation than a pedal type looper. I purchased this to take the live recording/ looping load off of the back of my Octatrack, which in comparison has a very limited amount of recording, and most importantly, over-dubbing time. The RC-505 has over 3 hours of recording time, which is more than enough for most purposes. You can save all of the recordings, live while the tracks are still in playback mode. This is a huge plus if you want to take any awesome moments from your live performance back to the studio. Each of the 5 tracks can have their own recording length, up to 999 bars! All tracks are tempo synced perfectly and there are many options to customize how each track syncs and interacts when the previous recorded tracks. The fx section goes beyond what you normally get out of the built in fx in a piece of gear like this. In each fx section you have 3 fx slots that you can switch between in real time with out any hiccups or unwanted glitches. One of things that I was very happy with is that each fx slot retains the setting for all the fx on the list, so you can have 3 of the same fx set to each slot with different values, allowing you to easily "play" the fx. This is really awesome with things like delays, beat repeats and the transpose fx. Also, you get TWO of these fx sections, one for incoming audio and one for recorded audio. The only down side that I can see with the fx is that the dedicated fx knob is hardwired to one parameter per fx. This is not that big of a deal, as soon as you select an fx, the menu for send fx will come in to focus and the rest of the parameters are just 2 to 4 button presses away, allowing you to use the main data entry knob for the selected parameter. The midi sync on this unit is also rock solid. While researching loopers I found that midi sync is largely over looked or poorly implemented in most loopers. I have had no issue syncing the RC-505 to any of my hardware or software. When working with sequencers, you can even have the sampling start on beat, quantizing to the "one" and easily put together group of on time rhythmic phases. I have not dived in to the built in rhythms, but they sound great and there are a wide variety of time signatures and styles to choose from. Over all, you can tell that a lot of thought was put in to making this unit playable and easy to use. From the great fx sections and versatile track editing, to how the menus are layed out, you will be able to easily and quickly integrate the RC-505 in to your live rig or studio recording set up. I would recommend this product to anyone who who needs a good hands on looper or backing track player.

"RC-505" submitted February 16, 2015

By Tanya B in berkeley springs, WV
Overall
Musical Background: life-long weekend warrior, busker
Music Style: rock, hip hop, reggae, edm
Overall: Moved up from a floor model (RC-3) and am amazed with this machine. The five definable tracks (one-shot, loop) allow a lot of creative room - that I am yet to fully explore. Switches, knobs, faders and buttons are all high quality and seem made for regular use. I've used it almost daily since arrival with no failures of any kind. The onboard effects are great....enough to fully mimic famous beatboxers (dub fx, Reggie, etc) without an additional pedal. My bass effect pedal (Zoom B1X) delivers no more than what is available in the onboard effect list, and the RC-505 has much higher sound quality than my previous efforts using a XLR converter and traditional effect pedal. It's three types of inputs make for lots of multi-instrument fun that was previously unavailable in my smaller RC-3. It would be five stars for "perfect" only if a full function foot pedal was available, and if the case were a little more armored (I'm terrified of dropping it). The Boss FS6 pedal is great but might hold back the machines full potential for those who play with two hands. Also....Don't drop it.....ever. Otherwise it is one of my favorite "instruments" and I highly recommend this product to those who seek the high power of an Ableton loop setup in a hardware package. There's nothing like hardware for the stage!

"Everything as wished for and more" submitted December 10, 2014

By Meggy T in Chester, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I studied classical singing in university and am a 'freestyle' singer songwriter
Music Style: pop, opera, oldies, hip hop, fusion, and more...
Overall: We previously owned the RC-300 which is not really designed for vocalists so this loop station is the bomb compared to the one we used before! It's lighter and smaller which is perfect for us, since we travel a lot and need to be carrying it around with us to perform all over the world.

"Disappointing Loop Station" submitted October 27, 2014

By Matt H
Overall
Overall: This is a really fun loop station with some nice basic features and some surprising flaws given its price point. You can only use one input FX, and one track FX at a time, despite there being 3 FX buttons for each. So as an effects processer for your loops it's really limited. You also can't ReSample any of the loops to take advantage of extra effects either. There is no BPM sync for the different delay effects, that was disappointing. The build quality is also really cheap, I would worry about this thing in the long haul. That beng said the basic looping features are really fun and intuitive, but for $500, I couldn't justify keeping this thing.

"Boss RC 505" submitted April 12, 2015

By Porsia Smith in Cathedral City, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been a choir nerd since 2001. I've been in many honor choirs & music theory classes
Music Style: Electropop, trip hop, R&B
Overall: I absolutely LOVE it. The looping effect with five tracks is amazing. This little thing can do quite a lot & it's fun. Perfect for a choir nerd, I'm a one woman choir!

"My Boss RC-505 Loop Station" submitted October 1, 2014

By Nathan M in Flint, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Many years. I play piano & a bit of percussion. Mostly I jam at home.
Music Style: Neo soul, R&B, Jazz, Pop, Hip Hop. All kinds really.
Overall: Great product! I do so much with this thing. It has expanded my musical abitilites to say the least. I would definitely recommend this product to any one that plays an instrument.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-PYWS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976