When you call, mention priority code 143Q-5YSJ

Rating and Reviews: Boss NS-2 Noise Reduction

Clean up your sound with the NS-2 Noise Suppressor. The NS-2 eliminates noise and hum from the input signal.

"Read the instructions! A very good product!" submitted May 21, 2007

Overall
Music Style: death and thrash metal
Sound: I keep reading a lot of reviews about how it kills your tone. The only difference that I've noticed was just a little bit of a volume decrease, but all I have to do is turn it up louder. I am using this pedal on a 200W Traynor tube amp head and a Marshall 1960A cabinet. It will definitely kill the unwanted sound immediately. Feature: Don't really need too many features on this. What's on the pedal is all you need. Ease of Use: It really wasn't that hard to get it setup. But I will tell you right now, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! It will tell you what the knobs do and how to set it up properly. Once I read the instructions I set it up in no time. Quality: It's a Boss pedal and it's built like a tank. Value: For the price I got this for it was worth every penny. Get a daisy chain to supply other effects pedals that you have. The Wow Factor: I got tired of hearing the unwanted noise from my amp at shows and band practices, so I wanted this pedal. Overall: Since I own the Metal Zone pedal, I expect this to last for a very long time. I've only had a few effect pedals go bad on me, but they weren't Boss products. If it ever went bad on me I would definitely buy another one.

"This is the thing to buy if you have noise and dont want to lose quality" submitted May 28, 2009

By a customer from ecu.edu
Music Style: Alternative, Contemporary Christian
Sound: I turned it on then off then on over and over again and could hear ZERO difference in quality!! This thing doesn't weaken or change your tone! Feature: Nothing came with it but what else do you need. Ease of Use: Extremely user friendly I pulled it out of the box plugged it up played with the settings for about a minute and it worked great! Quality: Great quality of course its a Boss.... Value: I would have paid more for this product! Manufacturer Support: haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: Its a sexy compact Boss Pedal! Overall: An amazing product, I had major noise coming from my amp and just plugged the thing up and it was all in the past.

"THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted December 1, 2011

Musical Background: 10yrs, lead guitar/vocals, professional
Music Style: metal, hard rock, thrash
Sound: This is where it separates from all the rest; i've used HUSH and MXR noise gates and BOTH left me lacking. The HUSH worked great at killing the noise but it COMPLETELY clamped ANY sustain OR volume and the MXR well.....just sucked IMO. This thing DOES NOT take ANYTHING away from your tone. Dont believe the negative reviews on this, this pedal could easily sell for twice as much! Take this from someone who; A. is a sound guru, i hate ANYTHING that colors my tone, B. someone who plays on a Peavey 5150 so needless to say that if i say this thing tames the noise, then it does! and C. from someone who is a recording nut! nothing about a bad tone can hide from me and this thing IMHO is as important to my rig as any guitar or speaker! Feature: Another great thing about this pedal, it can kill ANY noise produced by either your guitar's feedback in the front of the amp AND any noise that is produced by efx/in the efx loop AT THE SAME TIME!!!! what more could you want? Ease of Use: Read the manual folks, its all there......... Quality: Its a friggin' Boss pedal remember? In the guitar community, when you hear Boss, you KNOW you are getting quality product. Value: Invaluable! Once you get this thing figured out to your liking, you will NEVER want to part with it! Manufacturer Support: N/A. Never had to deal with them. I've had a few questions about other pedals online and i received emails within less than 24hrs so id say its pretty good but the way i feel about it is, the quality in their pedals leaves no need for customer support. The Wow Factor: Appeal? READ THE REVIEW!!!!! Nuff' said! Overall: I couldnt be any happier with this pedal. It does what i need and thensome. Its a BOSS so im sure it will outlast my current band lineup LMFAO!!!! Here's an example; i had a buddy that i let borrow my SD-1 about 10yrs ago, he brings it back, we BS some and lay it on the side of his truck. Well, he goes to leave, then i see the pedal fall off the truck, then get RAN OVER and it DIDNT LEAVE A SCRATCH AND TO THIS DAY PLAYS LIKE NEW!!!!! and we arent talking a Ranger or Tacoma, it was full sized 2500HD chevy!!!! Tough as nails and simply put - THE BEST!!!!

"Perfect if used properly." submitted September 26, 2010

By a customer from me.com
Musical Background: Active gigging guitarist
Music Style: Metal
Sound: Does not change your tone if you set it up properly. I read a zillion negative reviews by people who didn't use this correctly and then thought it was the pedal's fault. Use all 4 jacks...this is not the same type of pedal as the mxr smart-gate or isp decimator, etc. It's more like the ISP Decimator G-String but you get the save yourself $120 getting this instead of the g-string. I've owned both and they're both great but this affords you more tweaking options and is way cheaper. Feature: All the things you need a gate to do in a guitar rig, this does. Note: It will not eliminate the sound from ground loop hum...if that's your problem, please look elsewhere. (Ebtech makes some good devices for that ailment) Ease of Use: I only gave this an 8 because although it couldn't be easier to use people seem to constantly use it wrong and then bash it for poor results which are, by and large, their own fault. For this to sound good right you'll need: Dirt pedals into a clean amp or, A separated preamp / power amp setup or, An amp with a series effects loop (preamp out, poweramp in) Your guitar goes into the NS-2 then out of its "Send" jack into your amp then from the amp's fx loop send into the "Return" jack on the NS-2 then out of its "out" jack into your delay, reverb, time based fx, then into your amps fx return. It will do what you hope it will in this configuration. Simply plugging this in between your guitar and amp is a waste of your time and money. Also, never ever put delays, reverbs, time based effects before the ns2 or in its loop. It will sound stupid that way. Quality: Its a boss pedal so you're good for at least 5 years out of this baby. Value: When compared to the only equivalent noise suppressors on the market, this thing is a steal. It does more than the MXR, the Rocktron, the cheaper ISP. Its a great deal for high gain applications. Manufacturer Support: haven't needed their help The Wow Factor: If you play rock, metal, hell even heavy blues, and you don't have a noise suppression system you're doing yourself, your tone, and especially your audience a disservice. If you need a noise suppression pedal...get this one. Its dirt cheap for the help it'll give you and you won't be disappointed. Overall: If this breaks I'll buy another one instantly. This shuts up your hum, hiss, and feedback and if you're not a dummy about how you use it then you won't even notice its on until you shut it off and hear all that old racket again.

"WISH I HAD BOUGHT IT YEARS AGO." submitted February 1, 2013

By Jeff Crook in Hammond, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar/bass for 30+ years.
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Overall: I've been playing for over 30 years, rock and blues primarily. I don't gig anymore. I do a ton of recording in a home studio. I have a pedal Pedal Train Pro board with 14 pedals in all, 4 different distortion/fuzz/overdrive pedals and a Flanger and Phaser, all of which produce unwanted noise in addition to noise generated by the guitar pickups, single coil or humbuckers. This pedal allows me to run the distortion peds and the phase/flange through the loop while keeping my time based pedals (reverb and delay) out of the loop so that the gate does not impede the reverb/delay. This pedal does a great job. My only regret is that I did not buy this years ago. As for the pedal coloring the sound? I hear no difference whatsoever. Loss of tone is not so much a pedal problem but having is caused by a long signal chain. If you hear the tone change try using the tone control on your ax, on your amp, or on your pedal board. That's why we have them. It's not rocket science.

"Almost the best." submitted October 30, 2010

Music Style: Metal
Sound: This product works great after dis/od box. This product fails if you use amp distortion. Using this product in the fx loop produces bad results. If you use amp distortion I would recommend an isp noise reduction product or a MXR Smart-Gate in the fx-loop. Feature: When it comes to noise reduction it has all the knobs you need and a nifty silent mode. The drawback of having to run your fx threw the Ns-2 Separately from your guitar creates a more cluttered pedal board, Awkward cables are needed in order to get your last fx units sends back to the Ns-2 input, and this could be avoided if boss switched the fx inputs inputs around. Ease of Use: Very easy to use product. Quality: Very dependable. Value: Great value compared to what els is on the market. Manufacturer Support: Boss support is very easy to get. The Wow Factor: It looked nice and easy to use. Overall: Gets the job done for moderately noisy equipment.

"But this. Now." submitted July 7, 2005

Musical Background: Active musician, recording student
Music Style: loud, fast, and heavy
Sound: Dosent degrade the sound like alot of other N.S. and can have a very soft "cut" to how it ends the signal, not abrupt or irratating. Feature: What more do you need? In my opinion the mute option is a bonus on this thing. Quality: Rugid as all hell. I've dropped it, dented the floor and not even scratched the paint of this thing. Value: Cheap. Effective. Easy. The Wow Factor: Its a white Boss pedal. No suprises, no stupid graphics, no odd shapes that are hard to work with. Overall: Some of my friend's have this and when they use a battery it actually kills some noise but increases the hum. Always use an AC adaptor, no matter what.

"Def worth the money" submitted May 28, 2009

Musical Background: Actively involved in a band
Music Style: Metal, TOOL, Punk, Classic Rock,
Sound: The pedal does not directly affect your sound. The purpose of the pedal is to cut down on unwanted speaker hum, effects hum, pickup hum, etc. It does a great job doing it Feature: Includes a mute feature to completely mute the signal, and also includes the gate/suppressor Ease of Use: It takes a little tweaking to get the decay and threshold to where you want them so your signal doesn't sound choppy, but once you find the sweet spot you will only have to adjust the knobs in minor amounts Quality: It's a BOSS. It's a beast. Value: The pedal puts a dent in the bank, but I think it's worth every penny. I bought the pedal used (but in great condition) locally for about $60. It's totally worth it. It does exactly what I was hoping it would do. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use the support yet, and I'm hoping I wont have to. Overall: I was considering buying this pedal for a few months, but once I started playing in a band, I realized that the time was right to buy one. Before I had this pedal, I had a LOT of noise coming from my amp (the amp itself, guitar, effects, etc.) Once I got this pedal, it cut back NEARLY ALL of the noise. I am VERY pleased. I would recommend this pedal to anyone who is looking to sound a bit cleaner without all the fuzz coming from their unit.

"Clearly, your noiseless solution is the BOSS NS-2" submitted March 31, 2005

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Funk, Soul, R&B, and Country
Sound: Before commenting on the BOSS NS-2 I should describe my rig: Mexican Tele w/ vintage '54's, NS-2, TU-2, Xotic RC Booster, Xotic AC Booster, CH-2, back to the NS-2, and finally to a Fender Blues Jr. Every guitarist is familiar with the infamous 'buzz' or 'hum', which is usually a result of single-coil pickups or simply electricity. Why wouldn't anyone buy a 'noise suppressor'? Let's take the "Hush" pedal for example. I experienced a great deal of sound degradation and returned the pedal an hour later. My guitar lost its natural tone, punch, and harmonics. So I figured that all 'noise suppressors' acted the same way and quickly lost interest in any such product. I recently put this rig together and gave 'noise suppression' one more shot. I picked one up and I love it! My sound is hardly affected. I keep the 'decay' at a minimum and put the 'threshold' at around 11 'o clock. This way the hum is barely detectable even in a quiet room by myself and my Tele still has its twang. This is the pedal to get. Essential for all guitarist. It's like taking the heartburn out of hot sauce and keeping all of the flavor. Feature: The NS-2 offers the option of powering additional pedals using a 'daisy chain', which is very useful. I placed the 'decay' knob at the minimum, which makes me wonder why it's even there. I wish BOSS would combine the NS-2 and the CS-3. This would save me some time and space. Quality: BOSS and beauty don't really go hand in hand, but this pedal along with other BOSS stompboxes are built like little tanks- reliable like a Honda and tough like Ford Value: Price is very reasonable for the rewards and benefits of use Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: The pedals looks decent. I wouldn't have purchased it if it resembled a cookie. Overall: This is a keeper and if something happened to it...I'd buy another one.

"silence is golden" submitted January 10, 2014

By kim kauffman in hamburg, PA
Overall
Overall: Pedal was easy to setup. No more noise when I stop playing while using my distortion pedals.

"The NS-2" submitted May 4, 2014

Overall
Overall: I use a large amount of gain between my amp and my ts9 overdrive and the NS-2 completely takes out the squeals that I can't stand. Also made my playing better due to everything getting noise gated.

"You just gotta love those Boss Products.. LOL.." submitted May 8, 2003

Music Style: Jazz Fusion
Sound: As usual Boss has come up with very unique ideas. This is one of them that I am very impress with. It makes my Bass sound dynamic with the Fat Lows and the Punchy Mids and Crunchy Highs. I am pleased to have it in my rig. Feature: Not really but for the price I got it for with the 3, 6" cables and the Boss PCS 20A parellel DC cords (Daisy Chain) plus 1 SPOT power adapter. Hey I can't complain I am totally happy.. All for $75.97 Hey I am happy with tax and all.. LOL... Quality: As usual all Boss products are constructed very well. I have no doubt in the material.. Value: Yes I got it at a heck of a price, I am happy... LOL Manufacturer Support: No doubt but I was hoping to find a owners manual just like most of the other companies I have found online. Just in case I lose mine I could download it and print it out online.. The Wow Factor: Let's just say I am not kinky but the product suits the taste.. LOL.. Overall: Well I can alway make additions to what I have now. Because it is expandable..

"The Boss has'nt said anything!" submitted August 19, 2004

By a customer from iinet.net.com.au
Music Style: rock, pop, metal
Sound: Well no sound is what you want here and yes, it delivers. All the way on, things start to fade a bit. Feature: Don't use the decay or just set on min., mute is handy, plus power out is a great bonus to have. Quality: very solid unit Value: hmmm. yeah I supose value was right. Manufacturer Support: Boss are always good in this department The Wow Factor: I wanted it and was'nt let down. Overall: need to buy power apptor.

"great pedal,powers other....best ever" submitted February 13, 2008

By a customer from gmail.net
Musical Background: playing guitar 2 yrs...in a band
Music Style: Punk,Emp,Experimental,Grunge,Hardcore
Sound: This noise suppressor sounds great. People say it alters ur tone..IT DOESNT. All it does it cut ur sustain a little bit...it works the best with humbuckers..i kno humbuckers dont make really any noise but just with my setup and surroundings i still get noise and it works amazing On my strat however... i have to turn up the threshold up to get rid the noise when i use a lot of distortion...so it really cuts the sustain..but still works amaing...im really glad i got this one Feature: THe way it can power up to 7 other pedals is amazing! i own 4 other boss pedals and a few others so it works great... a mute mode works great when playing live and switching guitars. Ease of Use: EXtremely easy of use! much easier than like the MXR Smart Gate (which also a very nice pedal) Quality: its built just like any boss pedal...STRONG! Value: hmm...welll...85 bucks...a lot of money,but for the way it powers other pedals really made me buy this... so Manufacturer Support: Boss is my favorite brand of pedals..i own five....Any question i ever had ,i always got a answer. The Wow Factor: umm... not really .. is doesnt look as impressive as the boss PH-3 or GT-8 or DD-6 Or PS-5... Overall: amazing...not a waste of money

"This thing is great for people with huge amps!!!!" submitted June 1, 2009

Musical Background: hobbyist, I've played lesson free for about 6 years
Music Style: power metal
Sound: Sound? The point is to have less sound isn't it? Feature: There really are no features but the features that it don't have get an automatic 10 because it's fricken Boss! Ease of Use: I wouldn't know, I only tried it out in a store and really all I did was turn it on but just that made it quiet so guess it is pretty easy. Quality: Top of the line quality, I mean it's fricken Boss is it not?! Value: It had a reasonable price but not quite as amzingly priced as the DigiTech stomp boxes, they are insanely cheap!!!! Manufacturer Support: I have needed no support The Wow Factor: It looks okay but what really matters is the sound not looks. Overall: Overall it's a top notch pedal!

When you call, mention priority code 143Q-5YSJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976