When you call, mention priority code 202-BLX2

Rating and Reviews: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

Access an array of distorted tones that will make even the cheapest amp sound like a high-end full stack with the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone.

"10! read me and find out why." submitted May 2, 2010

Music Style: Christian Metal
Sound: first off i had been looking for a new pedal. i browsed about 50, give or take, pedals reviewing sound and quality of each one. then i came across the metal zone and loved it. luckly i got mine from a pawn shop. the lady said "i've got one distortion pedal thing" i thought great a $20 pedal. but to my supprise she put the metal zone up on the counter for $50 and i traded her for my marshall 10 watt practice amp (bought at $80). sound is awesome. the quality is awesome. its very responsive effect pedal, whether your chugging strings open or palm muting. this is def. a pedal for rock and metal genres. overall tone is unbelievable. the diversity in this pedal is amazing. if you want a soft to hardcore sound. i would encourage you to purchase the metal zone. with that said if you're looking for black metal type sound might want to check out Boss Metal Core pedal. Feature: its sucks that you dont get a power cable with the pedal, but, its not an inconvience. 9v battery life is long. only applies battery power when cables are plugged in "like active pickups in guitars" Boss also provides power cables for sale and have pedal power boards for this product. its got a solid frame and a sturdy spring under the switch so you dont have that accidental off flip while playing. once you stomp that badboy it doesn't let you down even if battery power is low. play it enough you'll find from your own experiance that this is a great petal for any guitar players gear. Ease of Use: its easy, just turn the knobs until you feel the tingle in your fingers wanting to play. straight forward controls, i play a modular ibanez half stack with the metal zone atm, next to a peavey 5150 tube amp. of my friend. i can honestly say you can tell the metal zone has a "generated sound" compared to a 5150, but, it doesnt stand out. overall the ibanez amp with the metal zone can and does generate the sound of a tube amp and does a great job doing it. keep that in mind for all those on a budget. Quality: look at the pictures its cool and will last quiet a few shows. you might say $100 pedal or a $10 pedal. you get what you pay for. metal zone price may seem high, but, you may need to come down off you possible high if you go pay $10 for a pedal that will last one show, if that. the box frame helps ensure that the pedal doesn't start to warp over time. rounded pedals with plastic buttons will start wearing out before this one does. Value: its the bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: you dont need the support. these pedals were meant for one thing PLAYING. if you have to talk to support at anytime, then the product sucks and you should look else where. Boss support would be a dream job, setting and waiting for a phone that doesn't ring playing solitare on the computer instead of Boss Manufacturing Technical Support Catalog Software. Sweet. O.o The Wow Factor: it can be tough out there as a musician sometimes things that you need just are not in the budget. this pedal is a investment in my opinion. standard piece of equipment every guitarist should have. if you have active pickups, get a Boss Noise Suppressor pedal with the Boss Metal Zone to help cancel the static of your active pickups. im not going to go put a comment on the Boss NS pedal, its a must too for active pickups. Overall: Boss is a great company to look at go research their products and decide for yourself if their worth your time. dont let reviews pursuade you to go buy products. thats how you find expensive garbage. its the companies job to sell them. search for audio and video displaying the product. what is the company doing to ensure your satisfaction? hope you enjoyed the review

"BOSS MT2 Metal Zone. Gotta have it." submitted September 25, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: I was an active musican. Now I just play for the fun of it.
Music Style: "Rock", "Metal", "Alternative", "Country", "Jazz", "Blues".
Sound: The MT2 allows the user to achieve distortion sounds from today's rock music to the Heavy Metal sounds of yesterday's rock. Feature: The duel control knobs make it very easy for the fine tuning of your desired sound. Ease of Use: Boss pedals are all set to a great height and angle for a natural yet solid foot motion. Quality: Built to last a lifetime. Value: This pedal originally sold for as much as $179.00 that was a little steep. Now the pedal is really a great bargain. Manufacturer Support: The boss support team is very knowledgeable about their products and are very helpful. I needed a part for one of my pedals before and they got it to me very quick. The only thing I did not like about boss is they way over charged me on the parts and shipping. If it wasn't for that they would have gotten a 10. The Wow Factor: This thing is at the head of my effects chain and I just couldn't imagine ever having a different distortion. I've tried many distortions and found this one to be the absolute best. Overall: If I ever had to replace the Metal Zone distortion pedal (because I fried it or something.)I would in a heartbeat. It can make just about any guitar setup sound like your playing from an overdriven Marshall stack. Also, this pedal changes with my musical tastes. As I get older I find that I'm turning the amount of distortion used down a little. But, When I really wanna shred. I turn it up and "BAM" I'm 19 again. Overall it's a great pedal.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent Pedal" submitted January 25, 2012

By Zakk Sullivan in Mountain View, MO
Overall
Musical Background: 4 years, guitar, violen, trumpet, saxophone, piano. semi proffesionally
Music Style: Metalcore, Jazz.
Overall: I ordered this because i would'nt have my half stack in time for a show. So i was just going to run the pedal to a direct box into the p.a. and settle for whatever it gave me. so i tried it out on just my surround sound and my electric had no strings. so i plugged my acoustic electric (takamine) into the pedal and WOW i was impressed. it has a wide range of sound. the low was nice and punchy and very tight. mids were amazing as well. the highs kinda fizzled out but i believe thats due to my acoustic not really the pedal. great job and i recommened this for anyone playing august burns red, bvb, periphery, etc..

"Best metal effect I've ever seen" submitted April 10, 2008

Music Style: All kinds of metal
Sound: It's pretty hard giving this monster less than 10 on sound since you can get ANY tone with it, so whatever sound sounds like 10 on 10 for you, it can do it :) I was going to get a new amp but I bought this instead and I get killer tones with even my cheap 15w Peavey Rage 158. Feature: Well it's got more than any other single effect I've ever seen, and the parametric mids really make it stand out. The rubber pad underneath and on the footswitch make it very difficult to slip around and the recessed knobs prevent accidental tone adjustments. Really, what more can you ask? Ease of Use: First off, the manual kind of sucked, but apart from that, this pedal is really easy to use. I just spent an hour or so playing around with the settings and now I can quickly get pretty much any sound I want. Quality: Just from the look of it, you can tell this thing is built to last a long time. Nothing to complain about for sound quality though. Value: Well 100$ might seem pretty steep but keep in mind that you can get much more tones out of this that most other effect pedals so I think it's worth it. I tried it 10 minutes at the guitar shop and it's all it took me to be convinced. Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to deal with them, but I shouldn't have to. The Wow Factor: The design is very simple, yet appealing. Orange text on black steel always looks nice :) I mean come on, just look at it, it's fricking sexy. Overall: I don't think I'm ever going to get rid of this wonderful pedal. Even if I someday get a great quality full stack I think this will still be a nice addition to my setup. It improved my tone by a factor of about 69000, give or take a few thousands. I tried my friend's digitech Hot Head and I like the MT2 much better.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The MT-2 is still the BOSS" submitted November 11, 2012

By Jason L in Peyton, CO
Musical Background: Small band
Music Style: Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Blues
Sound: The sound is amazing. I have several other distortion pedals, and for Metal/Hard Rock...this is the king. It adds the distortion you want, but doesnt muddy it up. Some of the other pedals I have do not keep the tonal clarity of the Boss. Feature: I love the complete tonal variance of the built-in EQ. Unlike other pedals that just have "tone" this pedal allows you to sculpt the tone how you want... Ease of Use: This was not my first MT-2....so I knew how to set it up in seconds. I have had it for 3 weeks this time, and I am still adjusting the EQ to get more and more tones. I keep a book of settings and sound shapes so that if I want to go back and recreate one....I can easily. Quality: I dont know about this pedal....but my TU-2 tuner pedal is 10+ years old....and my Harmonist is even older, all working perfectly. The paint is durable and will take years of abuse. Value: You can't beat this pedal. It is what it is....a Hard Rock/Medal pedal that does allow for tone shaping to get just what yuou want. With all the posibilities, I might have to get another one with different sound maps. Manufacturer Support: I have never had to contact them, never had a problem with one of their products. Overall: This pedal does what it says, delivers Metal sound, with no fuss. You can set it up quickly with a nice mid scoop, dial the gain up, and shred the night away.....Or, you can custom tailor you tone with built-in EQ. This is not just another Tone + or - setup, but you can customize your sound to your taste. This is the one pedal that will keep you coming back. It did with me. This is my second one...and I wonder why I ever stopped using it. It is too versitile to jsut toss away.

"Best distortion stomper ever and a legendary pedal for good reason." submitted February 6, 2008

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Metal
Sound: Amazing. Absolutely AMAZING. 10s are rare for me, but this pedal deserves it... BIG TIME. You can get ANY sound out of it, from thrash-scoops to mid-boosted solos to screaming 80's firepower to dirty nu metal rumble. And thats with the gain knob cranked to the max. Vary it around, and you get a nice, bluesy drive; a crunch, or WHATEVER. Blues players, overdrivers, dont be fooled by the name. This pedal can do it ALL, and it sounds good, too. Feature: For a stomper, this thing has a wide variety of features. Theres the gain knob (which the DigiTech Death Metal lacks, still a good pedal), the low, high, and mid knobs (the latter isnt on the average ML-2 Metal Core), the standard Level knob (name a distortion stomper without a level knob), and the Mid Freq knob (my personal favorite). The gain knob controls the gain. The level knob controls the volume. The low, mid, and high knobs control the low, mid, and high frequencies, respectively, and the mid freq shapes the mid to make it cutting-edge treble to warm, rumbling bass. All thats missing is a prescence knob, but thats all right. This pedal is jam-packed w/ features enough. Ease of Use: W/ all of the knobs, it might be confusing for a beginner. But I know how to work these pedals, so that doesnt affect me. Quality: One word: Boss. Value: If youre on a budget, then the DigiTech Death Metal is your pedal. After all, this pedal is twice as much as the DigiTech. But $99 for the best distortion stomper is a pretty good deal in my mind. $99 might be a bit expensive, but its worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: I dont know, so Ill give it a 5 by default. The Wow Factor: It looks pretty good (who knew orange on black worked so well), but if your REALLY looking for the chicks, get the Boss Blues Driver or the DigiTech Death Metal. Overall: When I give a pedal a 9 overall (more like a 9.5 boardering 10) you KNOW that pedal is good. But calling this pedal good is an understatement. Calling it the best distortion stompbox EVER is more like it. For $99, you cant go wrong with it. Bottom Line: This pedal is legendary for a good reason.

"Great Sounding Pedal for the Price" submitted December 28, 2015

By Patrick Askey in Yorkville, IL
Musical Background: Still trying to figure it all out
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Hard rock
Overall: I've been trying to build a pedal board, started about a month ago with the Hardwire TL2 Metal Distortion. It sounded ok, but wasn't close to what I was looking for. Got this Boss MT2 Metal Zone Distortion pedal for Christmas, and I will say that it has really great all around sound, mids, lows, highs, it's all there. I am selling the Hardwire pedal now because I will never use it. I couldn't be happier with this Boss pedal, you can change the tones, distortion, volume gets loud if you want it to. Overall, this pedal gives me all the sound I have been looking for with a lower priced distortion pedal. You won't regret buying one. The digitech pedal sounds very dull compared to this pedal. I like the Boss SO MUCH MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Terrific Distortion" submitted June 4, 2005

Musical Background: Looking to start a band
Music Style: Anything, everything
Sound: From the squeal of the upper frets to the raging boom of Drop-D tuning, this lil' bastard can do it all Feature: Built in mid range frequency adjustment allows you to go from a thin, squealy Metallica-esque trebley sound to a broad, thick "Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train"-esque sound. Quality: Built like a bomb shelter, I bet if a tornado picked this thing up and threw it into the ocean and 50 years later some divers found it and returned it to me, it would still work Value: Great value, this thing is awesome, no doubt about it Manufacturer Support: Its Boss, so I assume they have great support, but I haven't talked to them The Wow Factor: First pedal I ever bought, last pedal I'd ever sell Overall: Perfect for any kind of hard rock, and if you've got guts, jazz and blues as well

"Check this out. The best rock pedal ever." submitted August 7, 2005

By a customer from twcny.rr.com
Music Style: Anything but rap
Sound: It gives you so much control that you can go from light dirty clean to metal. It would be nice if they had put a octave switch in it but no complaints. one of the best pedals I have ewver owned. Feature: The most useful thing that I found on this pedal is the control of the amount of distortion that you want and the tone adjustments. Quality: There is now way to ruin this pedal it wil take a beaten but will still work like new. Value: The price may seem a little high but when you get it you say to your self that you'll never regret paying that price. Manufacturer Support: I have never had a problem so I have never had to deal with the company but have dealt with a lot of their products and love them all. The Wow Factor: The looks are great the pedal just looks so awsome that it one that makes the pedal rack lokk even better than it did. Overall: Overall this is the best pedal I own thats over a Korg A5. Great product for the price.

"Nice tone. Great adjustments with the EQ. " submitted October 21, 2012

By David L in Maricopa, AZ
Music Style: Rock/Blues/Balads.
Overall: This little box by Boss has a great tone. I have listened to many distortion effects over the years, but this effect is just what I have wanted. I am very happy with it. I did not buy the Boss power cable, but purchased a different manufactures and hooked it thru a daisey chain. No problems/Very happy !

"this is a great little kick a$$ pedal ,, i recomend this to anyone who really wants to ROCK!!!" submitted March 14, 2006

Music Style: Rock .alternative . heavy
Sound: The sound is awsome ,, ofcourse depending what you play. i play Alot of Metallica! and heavy stuff, it plays less heavy pretty well,,ppl that diss the sound.. pls learn how to used it first Feature: nice equalizer man, sound goes great with my effects gear Ease of Use: well took me awile to use it, i got it second hand, when i got the hang of the equalizer,, this thing rocked,, Quality: small pedal but undestructable!! do i need to say more,, i had this pedal for awile and if it can stand my beating,,i can approve this pedal to anyone Value: top noch value for me,, i paid 60 bucks canadian for it,, it buy far my favorite pedal Manufacturer Support: second hand, no support The Wow Factor: its a tank,, need i say more Overall: well i have this pedal for awile and its still awsome,, if it quits on me i'll go buy another one,,i wanted this thing as soon as i saw it,,like i said it goes great with my fx..its a good hard rock to heavy sound,,it made my crappy 5w sound good! i'm on a 30 w now,, theres no comparing

"BOSS is grand." submitted September 24, 2005

Music Style: Mainly metal/thrash
Sound: The sound is great, you can go from thick metal or thrash (my favorite), to overdrive and blues/rock. If your amp has weak distortion on it (like mine (Behringer GMX1200H), this pedal will take care of it. Feature: I love the 4 band EQ, it's got great bottem end and thrashing highs. The distortion has a nice tone too. Quality: It's a BOSS, built like a tank. Value: Worth the price by far. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: It's very sexy. Overall: My amp head's distortion was very crunchy and not as powerful as I wanted it to be, and I heard/read about this pedal, so I decided to try it out and after I did I bought it immediatly. It has such a great tone for metal, thrash, blues, rock, just use the 4 band EQ and scope out your sound, I garentee you'll find it.

"The MT-2 Metal Zone is one of, if not THE, most versatile distortion pedals available !!!" submitted March 26, 2005

By a customer from rcn.com
Overall
Sound: The most versatile distortion I've ever heard. From long, singing sustain, to harsh edgy rock and metal, it does it all ! Feature: Very easy to use controls and easy access battery compartment. Quality: Built like a tank ! Value: After trying about 20 different distortion pedals including Fulltone, this pedal is the freaking BEST ! Manufacturer Support: Great customer support service online. The Wow Factor: Nice looking and sounds superb ! Overall: I will have this forever. I have been searching for *this* type of sound for many years.

"Boss is the Boss" submitted May 23, 2005

Musical Background: In A Band
Music Style: Metal, Hardcore, Screamo, Grindcore
Quality: i got mine used and its in perfect condition still, the whole thing barely has a scratch. it owns Value: yes it is. The Wow Factor: it looks so cool, and plays so damn well, how could u not get one? Overall: i think the only reason i would have for buying a new effect would be if i wanted to experiment with different sounds and effects, this one pedal does the job so far, the reason i bought this pedal was because my guitarist friend had one and another boss and i played with both and chose this one, it was the perfect sound. i love how easy everything is about it, i dont have anything bad to say about it, for now.............

"metal pedal" submitted May 8, 2012

Overall
Music Style: folk metal - finsterforst, agalloch, moonsorrow, tyr; black metal - immortal, wolves in the throne room, ruins of beverast, cor
Overall: Play with it long enough and you can get plenty of different tones. It added sustain, quite nice for my cheap bolt-on ibanez. However, the overall sound quality is what I would refer to as 'tinny'... course you can't expect a big tube amp in a pedal, and maybe I'll tune that out in time... but if your ears are keen you'll know it's digital, imo. And if you're a basement jammer like me, that doesn't matter too much, the boost this gives over my little Peavy "Rage" 158's distortion is great. Finally, I'd like to say the mechanical quality is up there with heavy weaponry (tanks), and if I can swing it, I'll be looking for their overdrive and perhaps noise silencer pedals sooner or later.

"BEST DISTORTION PEDAL EVER. AWESOME!" submitted March 20, 2004

Music Style: Rock, Metal
Sound: Sound is awesome. excellent for any kind of metal and quite good for other genres such as rock. You can get a variety of sounds with the EQ. But of course, its most suited to metal, therefore you might not be able to get the perfect sound for other genres. Feature: The EQ is awesome and gives you lots of variety. It has pretty much everything a distortion pedal should need. Quality: Its very well made, like all BOSS products. metal casing, virtually bomb proof. I wouldn't be surprised if it still worked after you threw it off the top of a tall building. Value: Awesome value. Heaps of bang for your buck. Manufacturer Support: Have never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Looks awesome. a metallic black color. looks mean and nasty. Overall: This is, in my opinion, the best distortion pedal you can buy. Especially if your into metal. Great for that metallica sound.

"BEST PEDAL THAT YOU CAN BUY, GO GET IT NOW!" submitted February 27, 2005

Music Style: metal and rock
Sound: This is the best sounding pedal out without a doubt in my mind Value: could be a little cheaper, but you forget about the price once you play with it Manufacturer Support: covered for 5 years Overall: This made my $250 fender champ 300 amp sound like my friends $1200 crate halfstack amp. A must buy if you are into any type of metal or hard rock, from metallica to unearth. Stop thinking about it and go but it!

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Customer Review submitted January 14, 2007

Music Style: Universal
Sound: what can i say.its a versatile distortion pedal.from 70`s rock to heavy metal.trust me,you`re gonna love this pedal. Feature: with its 3 band EQ,you can create any tone that you desire. Quality: its a boss pedal.its like a tank! Value: this pedal takes 3 months for me to own it.thank god,its worth of every penny. The Wow Factor: Must get it!

"Sounds like a Volcano!" submitted July 12, 2007

Musical Background: Insane guitarrist
Music Style: Progresive rock and metal,some funk too
Sound: The Dist of it is PERFECT for metal. i get a very unique sound out of it, is close to dino cazares sound in Fear Factory Obsolete Feature: It a very good Equalizer and distortion to break your amp Ease of Use: Is not for noobs. it has a wide range of tones Quality: Is a tank, imposible to break Value: it worth te money Manufacturer Support: never used it The Wow Factor: the color is black with orange letters perfect for metal Overall: The metal dist EVER!

"buy this...NOW!" submitted December 22, 2004

Music Style: shred, classic rock ,metal
Sound: this is very cool i can get screaming distortion that comes with hours of sustain Feature: very high quality pedal for anyone playing metal Quality: this is the highest quality pedal i own it will probabaly outlast me. Value: this is worthit so buy it now!

"Best metal pedal ever." submitted December 10, 2007

Musical Background: Active Musician - Guitarist, Songwriter
Music Style: Thrash Metal, Melodeath, Alternative Metal, Experimental
Sound: Wow. THIS is the metal sound. THIS is metal. And it sounds SICK. Flat-Out SICK. I used it in conjunction with a noise gate, EQ, and compressor, and let me tell you, this thing kicks a$$... big time. Its a LOT better than the Metalcore pedal, and a lot, LOT better than the DS-1 I own. Also, its more inspiring than the Danelectro FAB Metal I own. This is probably the best hi-gain pedal I've heard. Feature: Its a pedal. Whats to expect? Well, it has more features than most. Ease of Use: With more features than the average pedal, its harder to use. But still. Its a pedal. Just stomp and play. Quality: One word:Boss. Value: Sorry, but $99 is pricey for this pedal. Manufacturer Support: This is by default. Havent used it. The Wow Factor: Its a pedal, but its fricking BLACK! Overall: Its Boss. Its a pedal. Its a Boss Pedal. Its a metal pedal. Its a Boss metal pedal, and its the best metal pedal Ive ever heard! If youre still reading and considering whether to get it, youre an IDIOT! Just take that cash and BUY IT!

"buy it" submitted May 5, 2005

Overall
Sound: great sounding anything from hard rock to heavy metal Quality: built to last Value: could be cheaper Manufacturer Support: 5 year warranty is pretty good The Wow Factor: it has awesome looks Overall: great pedal u need to go out and get it

"The only distortion pedal you need," submitted January 27, 2008

Musical Background: Play for fun, In a metal band
Music Style: Thrash/ Metal
Sound: The sound it great. Great quality. One of this pedals strong points. Feature: It is simple but has everything you need. If you play around with the knobs you'll find a sound you like. But you need the power adapter, which is why I gave this an 8. The batteries only last about 20 minutes. Ease of Use: Really easy to figure out. And the manual shows you how to get different sounds. Quality: Solid metal construction. Value: Pretty expensive... but definitely worth it. Manufacturer Support: Have never needed it. The Wow Factor: Looks great Overall: The only distortion pedal you will ever need. Has everything from slight overdrive for Pink Floyd solos, to Heavy distortion for isanely dark metal riffs.

"most amazing metal pedal" submitted November 15, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: lead guitarist in a band
Music Style: punk emo hardcore metal indie alternative
Sound: this pedal is amazing! so much distortion, more than you'll know what to do with. ive played it lots of times and loved every second of it! the 3 band eq is great..lots of sound options. Feature: the 3 band eq says it all... ~ Ease of Use: IT'S SO EASY... A CAVEMAN COULD DO IT. Quality: mind-boggling...you can drop it and wont hurt it a bit... maybe a paint chip here or there. :P Value: yea...100 bucks.. alot of money but its really worth it. the wide variety of sounds and so much gain for metal/ death metal/hardcore... Manufacturer Support: um...great..i guess...ha...but yea awesome The Wow Factor: i was going to get it 2weeks ago but i got the boss dd-6 digital delay...i could decide on whice one but the METAL ZONE IS NEXT ON MY LIST...A.S.A.P !!!!!,..... i need it Overall: JUST SIMPLY AMAZING

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Customer Review submitted April 11, 2004

Music Style: experimental wave/ postpunk
Sound: Adjustable to any kinda music you like to play: From the hounds of hell to Elvis through an old fifties radio.... Get's a bit blurry with high amounds of treble and middle Quality: It's Boss. Always good products, though not my favorite. Manufacturer Support: Still Boss. The Wow Factor: It rocks..

"Boss MT-2" submitted April 12, 2015

By Ryan O in college station, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar for 8 years, use Schecter Diamond series, mostly play at home
Music Style: Genre's within metal, small amount of blues and country
Overall: I've purchased 2 of these. I get the sound I want from the pedal and it can take a beating except for the input jacks on the pedal. I've had the input jacks on the pedal give out on me on both the pedals. I have to frequently jiggle the pedal in order for the feedback to quit. Sometimes feedback is very loud and sometimes quiet. Other times whenever there is no feed back it often acts as though I have turned the volume from the pedal very low. I have tested my cables and guitar jack all separately using the same half stack and have never seen any of the symptoms appear.

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Customer Review submitted April 7, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar as hobby, not playing in a band at the time, recording own musik.
Music Style: Rock, Grunge, Metal, Rock n' Roll
Sound: I really like the sound of this pedal. I can find pretty much every setup for the kind of musik i like (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix and so...) Today i tried to make fuzz setup, and i really couldn't get it sound the way I wanted it. Then i cut of the tone of the brigde pickup, and then i had the more Jimi Hendrix old 70's fuzz sound. Amazing! Feature: I have to this pedal has a great range of tones, because of the extra equalizers on it. The one I find best, is the middle/frequence-sound. Jesus it can really create the tone you want! Ease of Use: At first I have to say it is pretty hard to get the right sound, but that's also it. You will have to tweak the knobs many times, but if the musik you like is in the category of metal/rock and so, you will find it! Quality: I have bought three different BOSS pedals, and neither one of them has ever cost me any trouble. I think it is almost impossible to destroy this pedal! It is A TANK! Value: This pedal is all worth it. I could not see how it shouldn't have this price. You can use this pedal for so many different bands, and it truly delivers the tone I want! Manufacturer Support: I don't know, because I haven't had a single problem with any of my BOSS pedals! The Wow Factor: I like everything this pedal. The color, te way it's built, it's a part of my music! Overall: I will definately keep using this product, because it fits so good into the kind of my music. I do not like the extremely heavy, death kind of metal, but then; I don't even have to play that. I can make it sound like I want! NICE!

"The best pedal ever!" submitted December 24, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist looking to start a band.
Sound: Awesome Feature: The Best Quality: This pedal is durable. Value: Yes this product is the best. Manufacturer Support: The pedal is flawless. The Wow Factor: It's badass! Overall: This pedal is very versible and durable.

"METAL LIVES" submitted September 14, 2003

By a customer from MSN.COM
Music Style: 311 AND INCUBUS
Sound: I PICKED UP THIS PRODUCT LAST WEEK. I HAVE A FENDER STRATOCASTER AND IT MAKES IT SOUND AMAZING. WITH BEING ABLE TO CHANGE THE WAY YOU WANT YOUR PEDAL TO OPERATE IT IS COOL. I HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THIS PRODUCT. Feature: IT DIDN'T INCLUDE ANY ACCESSORIES, BUT THIS EFFECTS PEDAL IS SOMETHING THAT TOPS ALL THE OTHER BRANDS IN GUITAR EFFECTS FOR METAL. THE MOST USEFUL FEATURES ARE NOT HAVING TO ADJUST IT THAT MUCH IT IS READY TO JAM WITH EVERYTIME. I WISH IT CAME WITH A CABLE TO CONNECT OTHER EFFECTS PEDALS. THIS IS MY FIRST GUITAR EFFECTS PEDAL AND I PLUGGED IT IN TO MY FENDER AND MY LITTLE CRATE AMP AND IT IS AMAZING THE SOUNDS THAT CAN COME OUT OF THAT THING FOR NOT BEING A 200 OR 300 DOLLAR AMP. Quality: I THINK THE ONLY WAY YOU COULD HURT THIS PEDAL IS IF YOU DROPPED IT IN A SWIMMING POOL, OR THROW IT AGINST THE WALL. THIS ITEM IS WELL BUILT AND I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT ANYTHING BREAKING MY FRIEND HAD A METAL MASTER OR SOMETHING MADE BY DIGITECH AND IT WAS A PIECE OF CRAP. Value: YOU KNOW YOU CANT GO OUT AND GET A PAUL REED SMITH FOR $500 YOU GOT TO PAY THE PRICE AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE PRICE'S THAT BOSS HAS Manufacturer Support: I HAVEN'T HAD TO CALL THEM OR ANYTHING CAUSE "BOSS" MAKES THE BEST EFFECTS I BELIEVE AND IF I DID WRITE THEM IT WOULD BE A COMPLIMENT LETTER SAYING THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COOL STUFF YOU MAKE FOR GUITARS. The Wow Factor: THIS PRODUCT HAS JUST THE RIGHT TOUCH TO ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF

"One of a kind!!!" submitted November 30, 2005

By a customer from AOL.com
Music Style: Hard Rock, Metal, Classic
Sound: It has so many different sounds you can get with, it is just amazing. I had no idea that there was that many different sounds of distortion. Feature: The 2 middle knobs have knobs around them, which I enver saw before. Quality: I own other Boss pedals and they dont have any problems with durability. Value: It is a little bit pricey, but after playing it for the first time you wont even care that you spent 100 bucks for it. Manufacturer Support: Boss are and always will be on of the best pedals. The Wow Factor: I like the MXR pedals look the best, so if this pedals looked like that I would pay about 200, but this one is pretty dull, but again its worth it for the sound you get out of it. Overall: With all the possibilities on this thing I dont think I could ever get bored of it.

"I love this thing. My neighbors and probably don't, but I don't really care what they think." submitted April 22, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: I play for fun. I'm hoping to start a band someday. I annoy the neighors. I annoy my family and friends. I like caffeine.
Music Style: Punk, hardcore, grunge, sometimes blues and metal, rock, random theme songs and stuff. More punk, hardcore and grunge.
Sound: It sounds awesome. Way better than all the other pedals I've ever played with. There are so many different sounds you can get from this thing. Feature: The dist knob is really cool. I love how you can go from a nice bluesy tone to a huge heavy metal sound. Ease of Use: Ease of use? Umm... you turn the knobs until you get the sound you want. How hard could it really be? Quality: Metal pedal made of metal. The only problem I have ever had with it was actually my fault. I didn't screw the thumb screw all the way in and it popped open once. I like the rubber on the bottom and top. Value: Yeah, I know. $100. But... it's worth it. I would buy it again if I somehow went back in time. It's highly unlikely, but I would. I got what I payed for and then some. Manufacturer Support: No experience yet, and I never plan on it. The Wow Factor: I don't know how I have lived without this thing for so long. Five minutes in Guitar Center and I was hooked. I dreamed about it for months before finaly getting it. It looks cool too. Boss pedals all seem to look way cooler than any others. Plus, you can play almost anything through it. White Stripes? done. System of a Down? done. Nirvana? done. The Pink Panther Theme song? done. Hawaii 5-0? done. Rise Against? Weezer? Ramones? AC/DC? done. I even play Miley Cyrus' "Party In The USA" with a droptuned guitar. It makes people laugh. Also, I love the song. Overall: This is my first pedal, and I am extremely happy with it. I'm not the best guitarist in the world by far. I'm still learning. But I sound awesome when I play "State of the Union" by Rise Against, or "According To You" by Orianthi through this pedal. I love to play so much more now. And I started writing songs again. I was never really much into heavy metal. I love System of a Down and can play some of their songs though, and they sound so cool now. Oh yeah, I got the power cord thing for it. Which was a good idea cuz I ran the battery down pretty fast. But then again, I played it all day at high volume. Anyway, you should get it because batteries are retardedly expensive. If you are considering it, just buy it. If you are not considering it, you should be. If you have it already, good for you. Wether you play heavy metal or not, you'll like this pedal.

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Customer Review submitted November 19, 2007

Music Style: Everything, but my main genre is Metal and Acoustic
Sound: This is, hands down, the best distortion pedal to ever hit the musician market. This pedal really is everything you really need in terms of distortion. I would really not have it any other way. I used to use a BOSS DS-1 Distortion, but after hearing the MT-2, I moved onto it, as my tastes in death/brutal metal increased. I sold off my DS-1 for it was nothing compared to the Metal Zone. Not only is the distortion much better, but you can make the Metal Zone into a wussy overdrive if you wanted to. So it really suits any need, although the name would probably turn off most prog/punk/pop rock musicians. However, this thing makes even a crappy amp sound pretty powerful. I liked the DS-1, but the MT-2 is much much better. You're actually better off paying more for the MT-2. The soud quality is just uncomparable. Feature: I really like how it had much more than the Metal Core pedal in terms of EQ, and unlike the DS-1, it actually had an EQ. What's so lovely about the MT-2, is that it has 4 customizable bands. The high, low, mid, and mid freq. My personal favorite is the mid freq, for it really defines everything, and makes the distortion sharp (like using a bridge pickup) or mellow (like using a neck pickup), depending on how high or low you crank it. I like it all the way up, for I like sharp distortion, but the point is, is that the option is open to you. It really is a custom pedal, made for artists who like to own their own sound. This thing will get the job done. Ease of Use: Honestly, if you're a complete, 100% noob, you might want to settle for the regular DS-1 Distortion like I did before moving onto the MT-2, because this pedal requires a little bit of knowledge, but even more of a trained ear. Although 4 might not be a big number, you'll be suprised at how much you can do with those, and it may be a little overwhelming to the complete beginner. But once you get a very basic hint, it's very very easy to use. Quality: This product is just like everyone says. A tank. I constantly tour Japan in livehouses, and I knock this thing around by accident on stage all of the time, or backstage, or whatever the hell I might be doing. Let's just say that I'm not the most careful of people when it comes to this thing. Aside from the pain chipping off pretty easily, this thing is solid, and I'm very certain that it will last me until the day I die and then some. I also find the color quite appealing. I never knew black and orange could mix so well. BOSS knows their stuff. Value: It has already been stated that it may be pricey for those of you who have little money or who are starving artists, but even so, once you see what this thing is capable of, you'll forget about that problem, and you won't regret it at all. Trust me. Manufacturer Support: I only had to call them once, and that was when I owned my DS-1 because the jack "died" out on me. They were pretty cool, and it only took a few minutes for me to figure out what was wrong. BOSS is truly one of the best corporations in the world. Many people say that the world doesn't care about you. Well, the employees in BOSS truly do care about your satisfaction with their product. The Wow Factor: I personally believe that, if you like any form of rock, especially metal, you are not complete without this pedal. It should be the sole fundamental of any metal musician. Not only is it pretty good looking (at least to me), the sound kicks every other distortion pedal's ass right out of the water. Overall: This is the best distortion pedal ever made, and ever will be made. Although this pedal is 16 years old, is still remains to be truly the greatest metal pedal. It will last you a lifetime of perfect sound. As you get older, it's normal that you will rather stray from heavier stuff, but it's okay, because the MT-2 covers you. This can be a badass metal distortion pedal, or it can be a light overdrive pedal. it's anything you want it to be.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"it a good pedal i love it" submitted August 1, 2007

Overall
Music Style: metal and hardcore and brit pop
Sound: it farl steller but i dont think that its as metal as i would like it for i want it to be more brutal but that might be my fender twins fault Feature: the pedal is very simple and easy to use and its nice to look at the eq on it is amasing Ease of Use: its veary easy to use Quality: it is very good i play it for hours at a time and i havent had one problem but i have only owned it for a couple of mounths Value: it great i would have paid another houndred dollers forit Manufacturer Support: there isnt any need for but i dont think so The Wow Factor: it realy turns the ladys on when you pull out a guitar and do a nose bleedingly fast solo in to a neck snaping metal rift Overall: im glad i bought it but if an one knows of another pedal that is beter for death metal i would love to know contact me at monky-maker@hotmail.com

"its an MT-2" submitted May 11, 2007

Overall
Sound: i got the MT-2 just a month ago and its been hard to put down the guitar ever since. i used to rely on multi processors before getting the MT-2 and i have to say there is a major difference. Notes sound definitely cleare with the MT-2 even when compared to the metal dist of the ME-50. I got a GE-7 immediately and man have i been crushing walls with them two together. its a classic nothing will ever replace it. Feature: the 3 band EQ..enough said Ease of Use: what i like about it is that you have to do the tweakin ur self unlike the spoon feeding multi processors give you..and its not exactly easy but man is it rewarding once you get the sound you want out of it Quality: its a BoSS,,, Value: worth every buck.. Overall: I think if your that guy or gal who would want to ride into the world of building an analog setup..especially if your that kind who wants versatility,dammit get an MT-2...life time investment is the word.

"Cheese Is Good!" submitted October 8, 2006

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Classic Rock, etc.
Sound: In-freakin-credible! The Distortion is so heavy you will blow the brains of whoever is listening! Feature: Four Equalizers! Ease of Use: Just plug and play, after you get the hang of the equalizers. Quality: Solidly made! Value: It is worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: Well, I have never had much problems with BOSS equipment, but they are helpful when it is needed. The Wow Factor: The genius of the pedal is so appealing, you will wonder how they did it. Overall: I will be satisfied with this product for several years. It has a wonderful tone and make that you can never go wrong with.

"The best pedal ever." submitted May 4, 2006

Music Style: Metal
Sound: The sound is wonderful!The only thing I can say is : OMFG SHE'S AWESOME!!! Feature: Power Cable sure does help a lot... Ease of Use: You'll need some skills to be able to get an incredible sound like Iron Maiden,Megadeth... Quality: Everything's fine but sometimes...You can hear the radio...? Just forget that and play like hell! Value: The price's a little high but when you can afford it...It doesn't cause much problem. Manufacturer Support: It needs time like every company... The Wow Factor: You MUST own it. Overall: Nothing's better.

"Rocking!!!!" submitted January 4, 2006

Music Style: Everything
Feature: 4 equalizers!!!!! Rocks!!! Quality: Boss pedals are made of steal!!!!! Never will break. Overall: Great sound, tone and very versitile.

"not worth $100" submitted October 14, 2005

Overall
Sound: im not sure what everone is raving about. this pedal sounds weak to me no settings i have it on. i play it with my 60watt marshall and the only way i use the pedal is on the distortion channel. i use my marshalls distortion and just use the pedal to adjust the highs and lows and mids.

"boss metal zone is the coolest little pedal around!!!" submitted February 5, 2005

Overall
Sound: it made my single coils sound like humbuckers...i dont know like it made my crappy little practice amp sound like this huge tube blaster...i love that little thing... Feature: i like how it has complete access to controlling its equalizer so that way you can tweak it to whatever sound you want out of it Quality: the thing is a tank and can survive a bazooka...its really well made Manufacturer Support: i dont know but boss is pretty good so id say it would be a good call The Wow Factor: it makes my friends jealous cos they only have little digitechs... Overall: boss metal zone is all i need for my tone in terms of metal...im set with it and im very pleased with it

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Customer Review submitted February 4, 2005

Overall
Sound: Wow, sound quality was un-beatable. Awesome for metal / Punk rock Riffs and Solo's, absolutely awesome. The brand name says it all. BOSS Quality: Awesome make, holds together. Looks BOSS Value: WOW, can't beat the price, and best product ever for that price too. The Wow Factor: Wow, looks awesome, beautifull. ITS BOSS! Overall: Beyond satisfied, 9 out of 10 since they didnt give it a polished gold finish, that would make a 10.

"Gotta buy this" submitted December 20, 2004

Overall
Sound: When i got it, i first played it in a show so i didnt had time to make any setting so i was not really happy of the sound but when i plugged it at home i was surprised of its versatility Quality: this is a tank man Value: To pricey but i really needed it so... Overall: You got to buy this if you like metallica megadeth etc... but if you prefer nu metal and stuff go for the digitech's metal master.

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Customer Review submitted December 19, 2004

Musical Background: in a band
Music Style: punk,metal
Sound: ITS SO GOOD!! Feature: THEY ROCK Quality: VERY WELL MADE Value: a little pricey, but its worth it Manufacturer Support: DONT NEED IT YET The Wow Factor: chick magnet

"Perfection!" submitted December 11, 2004

Overall
Sound: When you want metal you got it! When you want to acent your guitar a little better you got it! Its everything I've ever wanted and more! Feature: I use it alot, just wish the screw that holds the plate down over the battery was more secure, you can step on it bout 15 times, before the screw comes to use to use, easy to screw back in on stage though! Quality: I abuse this thing like crazy, when im up on stage, I go nuts, and have jumped on this thing like and elephant! Value: It was worth the money I spent. Manufacturer Support: never had to use it The Wow Factor: no comment Overall: Anything you need in a distortion pedal!

"the best distortion pedel i've ever used" submitted November 1, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist, jamming, band type stuff
Music Style: metal sydelic
Feature: high and low varibles on both of the equilizers, which allows for guitar solo sounds on the bottom strings aswel as heavy, dirty sounds on the top 3 strings Quality: it seems to be well built had no problems but mien came with 1 year guarentee from the shop and a 3 year with Boss Value: it cost me

"this pedal kicks ass! if ur thinkin about getting it, dont even think twice, buy it!" submitted September 28, 2004

Overall
Sound: best distortion ever!!! Feature: features are perfect Quality: A1 quality....will never break....unless u smash it with a sledge hammer Value: this pedal is worth every penny...buy it!! Manufacturer Support: havent dealt with company The Wow Factor: i borrowed this pedal from my friend and it is incredible...ill probably be buying it soon Overall: i will be satisfied as long as the pedal works, and i dont think it will break

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Customer Review submitted August 3, 2004

Music Style: Heavy Metal
Sound: Great Distortion Feature: Great Quality: Made extremely well. I've dropped it out a second story window and its worked better than ever. Value: a little expensive but so worth it Manufacturer Support: i dunno The Wow Factor: its....great Overall: I love it. I'll never use any other distortion pedal again.

"SEXY" submitted July 2, 2004

Overall
Sound: This baby ownz. You can get just about ANY sound you want out of it. I kind of would like to see about 10% more distortion capabilities though. It has plenty of distortion but for me, I'd like to see just a little bit more. Feature: Everything you want: 3-band EQ, dist and level controls Quality: Built like a tank. Body is all metal with rubber thing on bottom so it wont slip. Value: It's a very nice pedal. For $80 bucks its a sexy deal but some people can't spit out $80 bucks so it'd be nice if it were a little bit cheaper...like 60's range. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with them. The Wow Factor: Already have it. The orange and black create a sexy appeal. Overall: VERY good deal. I guarantee that you'll be satisfied with this pedal so if you're thinking about getting it, do it.

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Customer Review submitted January 17, 2004

Overall
Sound: Great sound you can get a powerfull bassy sound, crank the mids up and get some huge harmonix or take up the treble and in any ways after you find your preset(which can take a while) you will get an awesome sound that you won't ever want to play without. Feature: The 4 band EQ is pretty usefull because you have 2 for the mids and it really is the knobs that change the sound of this baby Quality: It's really built hard, I could never break it even if I like jumb on it Value: Great for the price, I would pay pretty much anything to get a sound like that The Wow Factor: If it would break(almost can't happen), I'd buy another one Overall: Awesome product, the greatest distortion I have ever heard

"If you need heavy distortion, get the metal zone. I garentee it" submitted September 29, 2003

Overall
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Alternative, Classic Rock.
Sound: Yes, I have a fender stratocaster. And i used to have a DOD Death Metal distortion pedal. And it still sounds like a classic guitar. But when i brought home the Metal Zone from boss, the stratocaster does not sound close to the stratocaster. And unlike any other distortion pedal, you can set it to any type of distortion. Feature: You can use a ricinbacher and it would sound like a really heavy guitar. Quality: Yes i the Death Metal distorion lasted for only 6 months cause there is something wrong with the foot switch. Well I decided to get the metal zone and i have it for two years and it still works. Value: All that i can say is it can blow away the overdrive on the amp and any other distortion pedal. Manufacturer Support: No i have no dealt cause i know a lot of people that has boss pedals. Its not easy to reach in my neighborhood cause i live too far away for a music store. Plus i never needed any service it still works excellent. The Wow Factor: Not even with the stratocaster. The stratocaster plays good but with distortion, i dont like the sound of that. But with the metal zone, it sounds like a heavier guitar. Overall: I don't know but i will be waiting for another suprise. Metal Zone is tough to beat.

"Sounds cool in your bedroom - not good for live/band use." submitted September 9, 2003

Overall
Sound: Heavy distortion, very brittle sounding. Great for heavy/thumping palm muting. Only sounds good in the bedroom. Does not cut through when gigging with a band (trust me). Definitely fun to play with. Feature: Lots of tone control. But you can't get a natural "wet" distortion out of it. Good for metal sound. Don't try to play blues or classic rock with it. Value: One-trick pony. Does not cut through in a band setting because it has no mids Overall: Like I said: sounds cool in your bedroom.

When you call, mention priority code 202-BLX2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976