When you call, mention priority code 143W-NV3Q

Rating and Reviews: Boss ML-2 Metal Core

Need metal? Need it now? Just step on the Metal Core Distortion Pedal and you'll be transported to high-gain Valhalla in no time.

Overall

"Finally a pedal that sounds like BoltThrower,Fear Factory,Pantera,Death.And doesnt sound too tinny and high pitched....Boss rule" submitted August 30, 2007

By www.myspace.com/stormsun1
Overall
Musical Background: play guitar in a metal band.
Music Style: heavy
Sound: I use a Washburnx37 seven string guitar with seymore duncan JB pickups and a Washburn 7 string with Dimarzio X2N pickups in the bridge.I drop way down to A and G tunings.With thick .70 strings.I use an old Ibanez Toneblaster 100 watt head for the clean channel and a presonus mic tube preamp to make the signal louder.With an Ibanez toneblaster 4x12 cab.Anyways This new boss metalcore pedal is crunchy and powerful at the same time without being muddy or tinny.I like it alot better than the deathmetal pedal and the Metalzone.It also will make your sound more punchy.My band plays heavy,fast death and blackmetal and this pedal makes my sound cut through the mix with ease.I say to anyone with a cheap amp with crappy distortion to buy this pedal and run it into your clean channel for an awesome distortion tone.I would also buy a cheap 50.00$ tube preamp like a behringer or art ,just to boost your guitar signal before it hits the amp.Makes it twice as loud! Feature: This pedal does not have alot of features.It has a high,low,level and distortion adjustment.But its tuned for a heavy low mid crunchy sound.If you turn down the distortion and turn up the high then you will get a more midrange 80s metal lead sound.I like the highs down and lows up for a thick badass modern metal tone.Even if your guitar has cheap stock pickups,this thing will make um sound great.So go out and get a job and go buy this pedal.lol. Ease of Use: easy Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact Boss.

Boss ML-2 Metal Core Customer Review submitted January 15, 2008

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Nu metal, death metal, thrash, agressive, rock, emo, punk
Sound: This pedal is an amazing high gain pedal that delivers that earth shuttering ferocious distortion that us metal heads have been looking for. It is most compatible with nu metal, death metal, metalcore, most types of metal. It just sounds amazing, I run it through a Peavey 6505 plus head. All I have to say is oh my god. Its really sharp and has lows that will shake the ground and knock down paintings. Hell ya! Feature: 4 knobs is all it needs. You got the low adjusts and everything. Ease of Use: Its a pedal. Quality: Looks great, black metal look, very sleek finish. Value: Pretty cheap, for a edal of its sound. I'd buy it anyday. Manufacturer Support: Haven't need to use it, I'll put 10 as a default. The Wow Factor: Although I'm not sexually interested in pedals, I have to say, this pedal looks like a beast.

"GET THIS PEDAL!" submitted December 6, 2007

Overall
Music Style: Metal, progressive, death metal, thrash!!
Sound: BY far the best overall sound for METALHEADS. after some careful decision making between this and 2 other pedals (one by line 6 and other by Digitech) i am more than happy with the sound. I use this with a stock LTD f50 and a crate GTX212 120 watt and the range of sound is incredible. Metal to black metal and death metal and everything in between! Feature: i jumped on the free Ac adapter offer!!! Ease of Use: EASY EASY EASY is all i have to say. after playing around with teh settings, i found my favorite sound in just a few minutes Quality: It seems tough. time will tell. Value: Definitely worth the price in its range. The Wow Factor: could be bigger.. haha but its sexy.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Crushing sound." submitted August 20, 2008

Music Style: THRASH METAL
Sound: This pedal sounds SICK!!! It sounds like a wall of high gain amps yet it comes in such a small easy to use package. I play everything from Classic Rock to Death Metal and this pedal dose it all easily. Ease of Use: This pedal is so easy to use. It has only 4 knobs: volume, low, high, and gain. You can easily dial in sounds. A child could find Metallica's tone in less than 15 seconds! Quality: I could literally toss this pedal off my two story house and it would probably only get louder! It's a BOSS what more can I say? Value: The Metal Core should be priced a lot more than it is. I bought mine new for $99.99 and that's a steal. Overall: I will never neet an other pedal again for metal.

"The greatest pedal there is." submitted January 15, 2009

Overall
Sound: The sound is AMAZING!! It's more distortion then you'll probably ever need. I would recommend this pedal to anyone that plays rock, thrash or metal etc. I've found the sound I craved for. Feature: Just your simple level,low, high and distortion knobs. The sparkles all over the pedal make it look outstanding! Ease of Use: Simple to operate. Manual is also very clear about it. Quality: This pedal was made with incredible craftsmanship. It will easily last 10 years. Value: Great pedal for a great price. I would gladly pay more then the retailed price. Overall: This pedal is a must have. Looks and plays great. Buy it NOW!

"It's simple, It's the Best." submitted August 11, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, 4 years exp. Rythm Guitar.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Bass.. I sort of have my own.
Sound: Myself,I play a Fender 60's Classic Strat, I've tried alot of Boss' Pedals, Each one gives at lest some unique sound of it's own, But as far as the ML-2 Metal Core goes, I commonly dial In low in the pedal and low in the amp to get that really deep sound.. It doesnt fuzz out, It's a nice smooth tone, It even does beautiful work with my Fender Frontman 15B amp.. to anyone who wants an Industrial or Hardcore metal sound.. Its A MUST!! Feature: I have no complaints what so ever, Really I'm happy that they didnt produce it in Digital, I prefer the classic analog.. Though I kinda wish It had memory settings of a Digital, Cause I find a good setting.. and I forget exactly what it was when I try to go back to it. Ease of Use: It's almost too easy! Quality: Well, It comes with a five year warranty from Boss, I've literally abused it.. stomped into it during a good fun riff, I've accidently kicked it in the middle of the night, forgetting I left it in the floor, even when I put a new battery in it today, It slipped out of my hand and I dropped it.. didnt affect it even in the least bit. It's awesome! Value: Im really happy with it, It's worth whatever price tags anyone puts on em , probably even more. The Wow Factor: I love the way it looks, an original design.. I love the black and silver-flake paint scheme, looks great and adds a certain finesse to my three-tone sunburst Fender Strat and my jet-black with silver-screening Fender amps.. Overall: Only way I'll look for another distortion pedal, if Boss builts another ML series with added features, or maybe combine It with a reverb pedal?.. Either way I'll always enjoy the ML-2.

"Boss ML-2: METAL CORE" submitted May 5, 2007

Overall
Sound: The sound is amazing. It is a really heavy pedal and thats what i like about it. If you like to drop tune to C or B like me, then this is the pedal for you. It can give lots of chunky, over the top sound. There's some feedback but that's not a problem. My amp has pretty good distortion on it for playing pantera and stuff, but this pedal multiplies it by 5. Its SO HEAVY!! Feature: You can change the tone really easily. If you want a really heavy rythm tone, turn up the lows and distortion and dial back the highs. If you want a lead town with lots of sustain, crank up the highs. Ease of Use: level, low, high, dist knobs. How much easier can it get? Quality: This thing is a BEAST!!! Its small but it kills. It will survive the next three nuclear wars. Maybe not, but you know what i mean. Value: I'd pay 200 for this pedal. Manufacturer Support: only problems ive had are with the patch cords staying in. The Wow Factor: I was a little nervous about getting this pedal cause i didn't know if it would match up to the distortion on my amp. Now that i have it, i like it more than my guitar. Overall: Two words: GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

"AMAZING PEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted March 17, 2008

Overall
Sound: The sound is sick. This pedal can be used for just about any style of rock and metal. From smoth overdrive to insane rediculous distortion this pedal can do it. It is by far the best sounding distortion pedal on the market. Feature: The best. Ease of Use: Most pedals today have a bunch of anoying knobs that can confuse many players, but BOSS takes away the problemb with 4 simple dials. Volume, Low, High, Distortion. Quality: I can literally through this pedal off my house without it breaking. Value: This product is worth twice what I paied for it which was about $110. The Wow Factor: All my friends who used it want it. Overall: What more is there to say?

"Heavy hitting, Clear Yet Volcanic Sound" submitted May 19, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: i play every day. I play shows.
Music Style: metal, rock, classic rock,
Sound: It is great. You can make a nice rythym sound when you scoop out some highs, turn up the lows, and it sounds so good. Vice-Versa for a lead tone. The distortion is great. I wasnt gidding the distortion on my Traynor YCV-40, it has as much distortion as metal core when it is turned up a little. The sound is so great because, it s so distorted but single notes are clear, but stll ferocoious. great sound. It doesnt have that fuzz that just makes you sound like mud. Feature: Just the distortion. But that deserves a ten by itself. Ease of Use: Extremely easy, turn it on and melt some faces. Quality: Nice metal. It is durable as all Boss products. It's great. Value: Its worth it for anyone who plays anything from Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, to Cradle of Flth to Ozzy. Manufacturer Support: the only problem is that the patch cords come out when you accidently step on them. I havent reached them. The Wow Factor: its beatiful. it sparkles and is eye catching. Overall: GET IT!!!!! It kicks ass!!!!!

Boss ML-2 Metal Core Customer Review submitted March 9, 2007

By a customer from cox.net
Overall
Music Style: Rock to Cross Genre (I.E. Anything)
Sound: I have to say, I was sceptical and excited about this pedal. I own the MT-2 and have for a couple years, I have also tried numerous other pedals. This one, out of the box, kicks ass. Easy to manipulate tone (unlike the nasaly MT-2), serious bottom end and screaming highs. I have fallen in love with a pedal again! It was a long time coming, but it's definately worth the wait! Get one and try it out, if you don't like it return it, but I doubt you will!

"Kicks like a mule!!!" submitted March 20, 2007

Music Style: Classical, Blues, Rock, Metal
Sound: This is the heaviest pedal ever made! I have the Metal Zone and I like it, but if you play it side by side with the Metal Core, it will sound weak and watery. The Core has the deep down and dirty tone that makes for serious edgy metal. It is DEEP! It will give that heavy tone that you really need if you drop tune. If you don't drop, you will sound like you do. It's that heavy. Buy one. Buy three. It's that good. Feature: You can contour the tone very well. You can give it lots of highs, or dial 'em back and just go for heavy rhythm chunk. And let me tell you, it will give you CHUNK! Ease of Use: Very easy standard controls, just like any other Boss or any other pedal, but with tone for days. Quality: Like all Boss, it is built like a tank, very road-worthy. I have more than a dozen Boss pedals and in 4 years I have never had a Boss pedal break. Value: The best tone you will get from any pedal. Forget the price. It will replace a few pedals on your board. In fact, you may want this as the ONLY pedal on your board. Manufacturer Support: Boss rules, simple as that. The Wow Factor: Nice color. Cool metal gray. Overall: I said "Buy it!" and I meant it! Now quit screwing around and go get one! Are you still reading this...

Boss ML-2 Metal Core Customer Review submitted September 2, 2008

Musical Background: Semi-Active Musician
Music Style: Brutal, Grind, Speed and Death Metal
Sound: Well I must say I am disappointed in this pedals sound. Very grainy and sctratchy with lots or high gain. Does not do good lows with drop tuning. Feature: First let me say I bought this pedal looking for a good Metal Distortion pedal. I play a mixture of Death Metal, Grindcore and Speed Metal and I was looking for a pedal that would compliment my styles. I had heard a lot of great things about this pedal from many people so I went out on a limb and bought it. Unfortunately for me, that limb couldn't hold my weight. Or at least not the weight of my sound demands. I gave it a ten on features because It's got good features. But the sound and texture doesn't change much. Ease of Use: Ease of use it pretty straight forward. I mean you'd have to be a complete idiot not to know how to use it. There is one problem though is that you really have to screw with the knobs if you want to lower your gain at all. It really throws off the EQ. Quality: It's made well. Value: it's hard to decide. It's a fair price for a pedal like it but not for the sound that comes from it. I'd pay more for a crap complementary pedal than this, but thats because I hate the sound. All in all if you like it sure. If you don't then no value sucks. The Wow Factor: It's a pedal... It doesn't even sound sexy Overall: I would recommend not getting this pedal if you are a fan of modern heavy metal. If you must then fine, but I would strongly encourage getting the Digitech Metal Master of Boss MT-2 Metal Zone.

"Pretty good, but get the MT-2 instead." submitted February 6, 2008

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Metal
Sound: I like the sound of this pedal. Turn up the lows for a heavy, dirty sound perfect for nu metal, death metal, and the like. Crank up the highs, and youll get a nice ,trebly scream oh so useful for those nice 80s leads. But comparing it to the MT-2 is pretty stupid (Sorry if younr sick of the MT-2 comparisons). I think that the MT-2 is the best distortion stompbox ever, and maybe a top five stompbox ever, period. So dont even try to compare them. Feature: This is probably the low point for this pedal. Its about average in features comparing to other stompboxes, maybe a little below that. There are four knobs: Low, High, Level, Gain. But the Mid knob is missing, which is HUGE, because that means NO SCOOPING and NO MID-BOOSTED SOLO SOUNDS! And compared to the MT-2, its just shameful. Ease of Use: As I said earlier, there is kind of a lack of features on this pedal. But that makes up here. Its REALLY easy to use. For the idiot, heres how: you turn the knobs until you get the sound you want, then you just play. Easy, huh? Its easier to use than the MT-2, but I know how to operate stompboxes, so this isnt an issue. Quality: Its a Boss. Enough said. Value: Its $99.00 for this thing, when you can get the MT-2 for the same price. Take your pick. Manufacturer Support: I dont know, so Ill give it a neutral rating. The Wow Factor: Ill hand it to Boss here: they made a NICE looker here. The black and silver is DEFINATELY good for heavy metal. Not the best looking stomper ever, but one of the best-looking stomper Boss makes. Overall: Its a pretty good pedal. its got a nice lowdown, dirty sound for modern metal. But really, if you want this pedal THAT bad, do yourself favor and get the best distortion stomper ever in the MT-2 Metal Zone. Trust me, you wont regret it.

When you call, mention priority code 143W-NV3Q. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976