When you call, mention priority code 1434-DRPK

Rating and Reviews: Boss ME-70 Guitar Effects

The Boss ME-70 offers thousands of dollars worth of Boss effects for a fraction of the price. For great sound and value, the Boss ME-70 can't be beat.

"awesome and amazing,,,," submitted December 26, 2012

By gary coates in kingsport , TN
Musical Background: playing 35 years,,,striving to be professional,,,,
Music Style: experimental/instrumental/electronic/ambient
Overall: really I was so surprised,,, I am a plug in and play kind of guy,,,, and I have been using 2 pedals a morley bad horsey and an 80s proco rat,,, sometimes a russian or a late 70s original bigmuff pie,, Ive been pricing around a pedal board and maybe a backup distortion pedal,, this for the price seemed to be a good deal and have more than I would need or use to be honest,,, and it is,,, just sounds sooooooooo good, and even the effects sound really good ,, the univibe nails the hendrix woodstock and absolutelty the robin trower bridge of sighs tone,,, I nevery really use effects so this is just extra for me and helps me branch out,, Ive been palying for 33 years and like to keep things simple, I hate the big footprint and endless mess of a bunch of pedals,,, this thing is so simple and efficient ,I love the looper,, I may never ever get into the presets or the more tech-y things this unit will do and it will still be worth the money,,, the harmoniser works really well and the whammy pedal is so cool,,, the wah is really good,,, not as expressive as the morley but still better sounding than a crybaby,really a surprisingly good wah,,, the voice box thing, ehh not very good but I dont like those anyway,,, it has a flanger and phaser too which sound good if you use those,, and I dont, I do like the chorus very much,,, I give thei unit the highest marks across the board for doing what it does,,, if I only used the distortions and the amp simulators to me it sounds so good and works so well and is so user freindly Id still give it 5 stars ,,, I love the whammy,the wha,the delay,and the looper,,, just an amazing sounding easy to use piece of gear

"Pimpin!" submitted June 21, 2011

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal, Alternative, etc.
Sound: This is an amazing product for my needs as I can reproduce just about any sound possible. It does take some time to figure out its many capabilities, but if you can read the directions, it is fairly straightforward. I love this unit and my friends are envious! Feature: The unit comes with batteries and I would recommend getting the optional power supply if you are going to use it for any length of time. Other than that, this unit is packed full of features and has eliminated my need for additional foot pedals. Ease of Use: There are so many features on this unit that you will definitely need to read the manual, but it is very simple to get the sound you want as there are quite a few pre-programmed sounds available with this unit. Quality: The product is well built and has a very cool appearance. The only thing I would change would be to make the main pedal removable from the unit for easier stage use. The unit is built like a tank! Value: Can't beat this unit at this price point! Manufacturer Support: I have worked with Boss for years and have a flanger that still works from the 1970's. No service needed! The Wow Factor: This is a sweet piece of equipment! Overall: I expect this unit to last a long time as I take care of my stuff. I do think it could stand up to some abuse if you were so inclined!
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nothing on the market, either individually or as a collective "pedal effects board", comes close to what the Boss Me-70 can offe" submitted October 2, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Years in "bar bands". Now, focusing my talents toward Home Studio recording
Music Style: Alternative Rock, Techno, Rock
Sound: The Boss Me-70 can emulate myriad tones and sounds. I am addicted to it and have not used a pedal box since. Feature: Almost any sound you will ever need or can combine is a setting and foot-click away. Ease of Use: Set effect, click. Mix (variate the effect with dials) as needed. Its that simple. Quality: It is compact and is constructed quite well. Value: It is a little on the pricey side but it really is still worth every penny as it does the work of so many individual pedals what would cost over four times as much if yu were to buy each pedal separately. A Chorus, Digital Delay, Wah and Compressor alone could cost as much as the Boss ME-70 which happens to have so many more effects, amplifier emulations and tones than those four pedals possess. Manufacturer Support: When MXR disappeared, I went with Boss. The Wow Factor: Its stereo output and built-in noise gate makes it a must for home studio enthusiasts. Overall: I never mark anything a "10" because leaps in technology always proves we can make things better.

"Finally a product built for musicians who do not what to spend all their time programming the effects unit!" submitted August 22, 2011

Musical Background: long time pro-player
Music Style: country and classic rock
Sound: I have owned a bunch of guitar effects and pedal-boards over the years and I must say that the Boss ME 70 is the best of them all. I like that it is built like a tank and is easy to use. I had good working sounds that I like in about 10 minutes. Select your stomp box and dial it in. Made a big improvement in my sound and the time it takes to set up. being able to combine the different effects on the fly as you would with an array of boxes is a big deal to me. I give it the highest rating in all catagories. Feature: No I had to buy an additional foot switch and transformer, but no big deal. If you purchase from ZZounds just add those before you buy it and get the 4 payment deal. Ease of Use: It is as easy to use as stomp boxes and easier to set up because its all in one. Quality: Heavy metal construction -hey it's a Boss. Value: competitive price to pedal boards but there really isn't anything out there like it. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use support with a Boss product The Wow Factor: it's a 10 baby! Overall: I can't expect to wear it out, so it will out live me. Totally gives me what I need on stage. I would replace it right away if lost with this or what ever the new version of the ME 70 is.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Built Like A Tank, Performs Like A Super-car." submitted February 22, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Recording, Semi-active Musician, Experimental
Music Style: Blues, Hard Rock, Instrumental, Experimental
Sound: Well, the one sonic characteristic of this pedal is REAL. The sound quality is "whole" and all the effects (from drive to delay) has this body of fullness. The only way you can deaden the effect is to turn it off. That is, either you use it or you turn it off. I can say that the sound is very expressive because it responds to every type of playing. With picks or fingers. Every type of strumming. Every picking angle and every type of pick and its thickness. It responds differently so it expresses what your playing style is. I play mostly bluesy stuff and hard rock stuff but I always try to experiment different things, and this unit is perfect for my preferences. I really do not use the EZ Tone feature so it always takes me some time to make my own preferred tone. But still, I don't really care because I enjoy making tones with this. And as long as I get my preferred tone I'll be fine. And for the live sound versus recording sound thing. The equipment or amp that you plug this thing into plays a big factor on how are you gonna sound live. A cheap junk amp can make the sound like a broken radio (I tried it before). So you gotta be careful when choosing the equipment on which you are gonna plug this unit into. But for the direct recording, no problem with it. It sounds as it is, REAL. Every feature and effect on this unit has their own place in music, it just depends on your taste and style. None sounds better than the other, they all have their use and worth. You can use it with other equipment or pedals and it only has two choices, either it makes your sound better or it doesn't do anything at all (BYPASS), you choose. It's a true bypass unit. Feature: The moment I got this unit, it has no accessories nor even the power supply unit. But it came with six batteries for first time testing. Frankly, it would be better if Boss included a power supply. In my honest opinion, there are no such thing as most useful and least useful in this unit. It all depends on your creativity and musicality that the features will come in handy. But I mostly use the Chorus, the Drives, the Preamp, and the Analog delay. But I believe maybe someday I will be able to use all the features fully and I'm about to start exploring now. Frankly, I wish it had an extra pedal for the Compressor and a dedicated six-band equalizer. And also we could all use a power switch. But even though with these features lacking, it still delivers superb performance. Ease of Use: Well, fairly easy to use for the basic tones. But when things get serious like you want to get some guitar synth sounds or serious pro-tone, it would be really painful for the less perseverant guitarist. Honestly, you can get great tones out of this, even professional tones but you got to sweat it out for those tones. A tip for starting up a great tone in this one, fiddle around the Preamp and the Drive sections first. Then you will get a feel for the tone you want. The interface? It's like an in-your-face thing, or straight-to-your-face interface. If you still can't understand the interface even after reading the manual seriously, I don't know what kind of brain you have. The interface is like the most basic and easy of all. I think Boss designed this for the Cavemen, really easy to use. Quality: Built like a tank and as exotic as a super-car, finely built with durability and performance in mind. But the plastic foot-switches and the buttons sometimes worry me. But hey, we all know that "if it's a Boss, you can count on it". Value: For me, great value and no regrets. Manufacturer Support: I haven't tried the Support section of Boss. But I believe it is as good as the company's products. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal? When I look at it, it doesn't look like a futuristic blah-blah effects unit like the Zoom G9.2tt or the GT-10 or the RP1000 or the Tonelab series. It just looks like a some piece of old multiple effects unit. It's like a not-so-dressed-up super-car, you know what's under the hood but you wouldn't know its real capabilities unless you drive and tested it yourself. The real thing that made me want it is the interface itself. And honestly, I so wanted to touch and turn a Boss knob. It's just me but the knobs are sexy, and it feels good to my fingers. The sexiest part is the layout and the interface and the Boss logo added some serious attitude. And don't forget the glitters. Overall: Everytime I use it, it just satisfies me, the tone is "whole" and its got a body of fullness and that makes me keep it, use it and explore it for a very long time and hopefully 'till I die. The only thing that's gonna make me search for another product is when Boss releases the ME-90 or maybe ME-110 or whatever higher unit than this one. I considered buying the Zoom G7.2ut and the G9.2tt, the Digitech RP1000 and RP500, the VOX Tonelab series and some other multi-effects before. But I chose Boss because I trust Boss, they have a high reputation for being a road tough and tested effects maker. And I don't like running through a maze of menu navigation, the straightforward interface and the great tone of every effect won me over to Boss ME-70. If this gets lost, I'd get another. But all in all, I'd be willing to try or maybe buy the other brands if I have the money. And I'd be willing to add some new units if I have the chance. But as for now, I'd stick with Boss.
36 of 39 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Gets the job done" submitted November 30, 2010

Music Style: Rock, Blues
Sound: It just has such a wide variety of available sounds. The COSM amp modelling was my favorite feature, it is just like having different amps that you can play into. Overall, it made my cheap, $40 amp sound like a $500-$1000 amp. Feature: I loved the EZ-tone feature, and the phrase looper. With EZ-tone, I could just press the button, select the effect, and without having to play with the parameters, I already had exactly what I wanted. Plus, if it wasn't what I wanted, I could change it. I literally played for hours on the phrase looper. The only thing that I wish it had was the power supply, I had to drop $20 for that. Ease of Use: So easy, a caveman could do it!!!! It is so easy to use, plus, if you can't figure something out, the manual is crystal clear. Quality: It will last for a century! The whole thing is made of metal. I could drop it off of the Sears Tower and it would still work. I can depend on it to work more than I can for the sun to rise. Value: Worth it. Manufacturer Support: With the way this thing is made, there is no need for support. Overall: Basically, it is a reliable, easy to use product that sounds great.

"Boss ME-70" submitted February 2, 2014

By Jack K in Canterbury, CT
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar about 50 years,also play keyboards and mandolin
Music Style: I like to play a variety of styles ,blues, southern rock, and contemporary Christian music.
Overall: I needed an effects pedal with amp modeling but wanted something simple to use. I play in a worship band and we go directly onto the pa. system, no guitar amps. This unit is great. Easy access to all effects, I like how easy it is to change the vol. pedal into a wah, or to control delay , or the speed of the other effects like chorus, flanger etc. Tap tempo for the delay is simple and the loop works well. The unit works great through my Fender Twin also , you can bypass the amp modeling or EQ or both when using a guitar amp if you want to use your tube amp sound. It is a great value when you add up all the effects. .

"ME-70 Effects pedal" submitted November 15, 2013

By Eddie D in Alturas, CA
Music Style: Metal, Hard rock
Overall: This effects pedal is great, from clean channel all the way to heavy distortion.love the head phones option i can play without waking any one up. The only concern i have is that i can hear appliances switching on and off with the head phones on, THIS IS NOT THE PEDAL'S FAULT, it's the crummy electrical in the place i rent. Definitely get a power conditioner to protect it. other than that, the ME-70 is an awsome pedal to have.

"Boss ME-70 Guitar Effects Pedal" submitted March 10, 2014

By Michael Woloszyk Sr. in milwaukee, WI
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for over 45 years, part time bands and jam at home
Music Style: 50's & 60's rock-n-roll,.some country,country rock,.electronic and some blues.
Overall: This all in one Pedal floor board has every thing you could ask for all in one unit. you can even change your pre-set sounds to fit your needs,.it's nice to have 4 effects in one board and having them work all at the same time. Easy to operate and easy to program......it's great for the price...

"Great product!!" submitted May 10, 2012

Musical Background: Professional musician
Music Style: Funk, reggae, jazz, blues, rock
Overall: This is by far the best multiple effects pedal I have ever used. The tones are awesome and easily adjustable. I use the manual mode playing live shows. It's great because it's just like having 4 highly tweakable stomp boxes. I've dialed in an awesome clean tone with the delay and chorus pedals, then I bring in the distortion when needed, and hit the compressor or auto wah for a solo. It's a huge advantage to have so much in a small package when you are playing on small, cramped stages. I will definately continue using the me-70 and not go back to stomp boxes.

"THE sound of 80's rock. look no further." submitted November 8, 2011

Musical Background: 46 years gigging guitarist-active musician
Music Style: 80's rock
Sound: i play a touch of hendrix,some pink floyd and tons of 80's hair band music. for what i play, the me 70 simply cannot be beat. it can dup any hendrix sound, gilmoures sounds and the me 70 RULES for 80's hairband sounds. treat it like an amp and use any pedal you need to creat your sounds. just like we did back in the day. i love thick, creamy, smooth od and distortion that the me 70 produces. i have had enough of the thin, raspy modelers that still dominate the market. Feature: it does it all. if you cant find your sound here, you will never find it. Ease of Use: never read the manual. no need to. turn the knobs, press save. Quality: it's boss, top quality. nuff said. Value: a steal for what you get Manufacturer Support: never needed any support The Wow Factor: looks cool, sounds even better Overall: this ought to last a lifetime unless drug behind a truck for 10 miles :) i love the sounds, the ease of use, the price. i have owned ALL modelers both software and hardware. many were useable, i didnt love any of them. i play direct into the pa. i could get useable sounds out of the line 6 pod hd 500 but didnt love it, also the rp 500 digitech, etc. the me 70 , for the sounds that i need, cannot be beat at any price.

"Stompbox galore" submitted May 25, 2013

By Joel I in Oceanside, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar since high school, am just a jammer at home and church music facilitator.
Music Style: Christian comtemporary
Overall: I used to own a Boss ME-25 but this pedal has everything (well almost) you need on stage or off stage. You can tweak your own tone to your taste and then some. Its fun to use and it is loaded with any tone from classic to whatever. No regret just satisfaction guaranteed. Thanks zZounds.com!

"Good value for a sturdy, flexible pedal." submitted October 18, 2009

By a customer from bmumford.com
Music Style: Blues, fingerstyle
Sound: I don't have a huge experience with effect pedals, so I may not notice nuances critical to a serious professional, but I am perfectly satisfied with the sound quality of this pedal. Feature: Being able to store and retrieve patches is why I bought this. It seems to work just fine and has plenty of parameters for my interests. A previous reviewer panned it because he could not tweak his settings, and his comments nearly stopped me from buying it. But page E15 of the manual explains how to see current patch settings and it's not difficult to edit them after they've been stored. Ease of Use: Easy to use without the instructions (which are too spare), but they seem to cover the programming issues you will need guidance on. The Roland web site has more details on the different settings than the manual does. This seems like false economy to me. Roland really should be more generous with the descriptions and details in their printed documentation. The manual is 140 pages long, but only 20 pages are in English. One drawback is the bright red LEDs that indicate selections. In a darkened room I find them glaring so much that they make it hard to read the printing next to the knobs. I have to shade the LED to read the settings. I'm tempted to go inside and change the dropping resistors to make the LEDs less bright, but I'm not sure which screws to remove and it's still brand new. Quality: Seems quite solid and sturdy. Has an all metal case. It does not have a "cheap" feel to it, and is pretty heavy. Value: $300 seems like a very fair price. I did not do a lot of comparison shopping though. The ME-70 was recommended to me and I liked what I saw. Manufacturer Support: Unknown at this time. The Wow Factor: I'm happy to have it, but perhaps I lack enough enthusiasm to find it sexually appealing. Overall: This ought to serve my needs for a couple of years, until some new technology produces a more powerful tool I've got to have. I don't do gigs, so my needs are modest. I'd probably buy another if it were stolen.

"Boss ME 70" submitted September 3, 2012

By James calavera in Forest Hills, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I Have Been Playing since i was 9 im 48now so do the math started professionaly on stage at 15 and still gigging every wekends
Music Style: ROCK , JAZZ ,BLUES, POP ROCK, CHRISTIAN, ALTERNATIVE , OLD TIME ROCK AND ROLL OH YA BABE, AND CONTEMPORARY JAZZAND BLUES....
Overall: If Your Looking for something Simple and quick and Efficient on stage this is the product your looking for.Set your parameters and Settings the way you like it and wala just stomp on desired channel and there it is either sweet chorus or Rocking OD or distortion. One thing id like to say is like anything else Equipment is always a good toll but your playing skills even just muting or soloing is a technique, im happy with this Boss specially being a purist analog dude. It's all in your timing and your skills. Rock on!!!

"Its ok." submitted December 9, 2010

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician. Recording Engineer.
Music Style: Any kind of Metal/Rock/Progressive.
Sound: It sounded ok, but some of the tones didn't live up to my expectations of a BOSS product. Feature: It had a lot of cool features. Wish it would have came with a power cord. Ease of Use: It's pretty straight foward. The knobs are all labeled and it comes with a manual. Quality: It's very sturdy. That doesn't mean you can throw it when you get mad though. Value: Not worth the money. Manufacturer Support: Never had to. The Wow Factor: Oh it's sexy. Overall: This pedal is good for some things. I wouldn't use it for EQ or any Pre-Amp effects becayse it doesn't have the best tones. If you're thinking about buying this product I would much advise you to check out Line 6 PODs, because this doesn't come close to the reliability of POD's.

"Boss ME-70: Excellent Unit" submitted August 13, 2012

By Ken B in Westfield, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing on and off for more than 40 years; mostly as a hobby now. Guitar, Bass and drums.
Music Style: Oldies Rock, Jazz, Blues, Country
Overall: A basically bullet-proof unit for almost any venue, the ME-70 produces some great effects for guitarists of all types. Even as a hobbist-musician at this point in my life, I wish this thing existed back when I was gigging with a band decades ago. Very easy to understand the book, which is helpful if you have never used this type of gear before, as in my case, but also pretty intuitive for those who like to throw the book away and just mess with stuff, (also true in my case!) This is easy to use, easy to set up in loads of configurations, and easy to generate all sorts of effects. Worth the dollars spent, plus it's Boss, one of the great Roland companies. System architecture for layering the sounds in each "patch" is very similar to the old D-50 and D-70 Roland keyboards, so if you're familiar with those by any chance, you should feel right at home with the ME-70. The only thing I've found so far with this unit is the Wah effect doesn't seem to me to be as strong as the old Dunlop Cry Baby pedal, which was the only thing to have back in the day; but I may not be remembering correctly. This Wah will do a good job for you though. I haven't needed any support for this, but if the support Boss has for their products is anything like the stuff they build, it will be top notch; chances are you won't have need of it though. I give this unit very high marks in all catagories. Very gald I bought it.

"Boss ME-70" submitted February 18, 2014

By Patrick C in Glendale, CA
Musical Background: Professional guitar player for 10 years
Music Style: Pop
Overall: Very user friendly and fairly good quality of sound for its price. The foot volume control breaks within 9 months or so if used frequently, specially if your a constant wah and volume person. I just got my third one in two years.

"This is the One" submitted November 21, 2009

Music Style: Rock, Blues, Pop. Guitar And Bass
Sound: This is the best sounding multi-effect pedal out ther plain and clear make no mistake about it this unit sounds great if you dont find this unit to make the sounds you want then you must be doing something wrong. I have a great amp a good amp and a toy and all the amps sound great when used with this pedal mess with the settings and sound is there. Feature: You can save a lot of money by using this all in one pedal the delay alone is worth every penny and then you add the other sounds and you have yourself 100's of dollars saved. Ease of Use: Just like a stomp box adjust to your hearts content. Quality: I have said this before in a review some place else, You could drop this from your roof and the sidewalk would crack. Value: Compare to other units out there the sound and the ease of use make this a winner. Manufacturer Support: Boss is always ther to answer your question no matter how dumb you or I can be sometime Brain Fart, they have great information on there webb site to help you or just call. The Wow Factor: In the sunlight or on stage with the red lights glowing its just, while im not afraid to say it Sexy I LOVE IT! Overall: Buy this unit if you want great sound at a fair price dont if you have a IQ of 75 or lower.

"ME-70: fine for studio, too complicated and restrictive for live gigs." submitted September 5, 2011

Musical Background: 40+ years pro
Music Style: all
Sound: This thing sounds great. All the favorite Boss effects are built into this thing. Feature: Tons of features. Too many to comment on. Ease of Use: This is where I give it a low score. I had to return this ME-70 after using it on a gig and a couple rehearsals. This foot pedal is best used in a studio environment, not live performances. The control pedals are too close together and you can hit something by mistake and change everything in a second. Some of the tones you may want are only programmable in banks, and you have to do the 'curly shuffle' to quickly change the setting. It's somewhat complicated to program out of the box, and you have to plan some time for yourself to read the manual. I just like 'stand alone pedals' that perform one function... that's it. Simple. Quality: Can't complain, great quality. Value: If you want 'everything', then this is the device for you. However, it will be a little complicated to use, and not as versatile on a gig that you may expect. The Wow Factor: no comment Overall: Too complicated to use on live gigs. Fine for studio work.

"Every easy to use with lots of quality effects. Includes the COSM Apm modeling simply the best . It's a junky piece of metal wit" submitted July 21, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist + working in a band
Music Style: Alternative Metal
Sound: The new Boss Me 70 features the best sound quality so far to me as I m working for 3 months with this product. I found the effects of this unit very impressive. The sound quality also beat the market of its price . I was always looking for a Multi Effects Pedal to cover System Of A down songs and yes, it's very good for the type of music simply called Alternative Metal. It really suits me very well and the unit is very easy to use with its dedicated knobs, you just need to tweak with it to make your own sound, but do not buy this product if you are not familiar with multi effects pedals it will be very difficult to tweak the right sound. For recording, this unit is a beast simply awesome and for live also . My only request to Boss Company is to develop the COSM Amp Modeling, which will increase the overall performance of this product. Feature: This product only comes with an owner manual. I found the COSM Amp modeling feature the best and the EZ tone also. The unit is made of full metal component which is very good for carrying the unit outside for live or recording . Simply its a junky piece of metal. Ease of Use: At first it was a little bit confusing for me but after tweaking it for a while I found how to tweak the right sound. It is very easy to modify any preset sound with the EZ tone feature. I think this product is made to play instead of getting confused with the modeling and features. It is very easy to use for any type of players. Quality: This product is made of metal casing its a junky piece of metal. In my opinion I think this product will last longer than other products example for 15 years. I really depend on its body casing but i don't know about the inner condition that how long it will last. There isn't any worst aspect of quality for me. Value: The price unit is good comparing with other products . Manufacturer Support: My Dad bought this unit from USA and we are in Bangladesh so there isn't any Boss Branch available here in our country so I wound like to see Boss Branches in Bangladesh in that case we can get help. Ya I registered this unit in Boss US .com and its not good enough there is a option for emailing but it didn't help me out. The Wow Factor: ya its cool Overall: I won't replace it and it will be always in front of me .

"Mixed Reviews" submitted July 4, 2012

By Ed S in California, MD
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Metal
Overall: My feelings are mixed on the E-70. I am playing through a Jet City 22H & JCA24S cabinet. With my amp, the ME-70 kicks butt as long as you don't try to use the distortion effects. The compressor and delay effect are awesome and really improve my tone. I don't use the modulation effects. Easy to use. Very intuitive!The distortion effects are terrible, at least through my amp. The headphone output is incredible. If you don't mind wearing headphones, you can enjoy incredible tone.This thing is really put together well. Super solid. It is heavy and feels like it will really hold up over the years.In the end, if I was looking for an effects peddle again I would buy this thing again. It is great because it is something that you will use and enjoy or years and years. It's not like your going to use this for a year and then want to replace it.

Boss ME-70 Guitar Effects Customer Review submitted August 2, 2011

By a customer from me.com
Musical Background: Worship Pastor, Active Musician
Music Style: Contemporary Worship, Jazz, Country, Pop
Sound: Really great sound! What you would expect from Boss Stomp Boxes. I rated this a 9 instead of 10 because I am sure there may be a pedal with better sound somewhere, but for the money, this sound can't be beat. I have no complaints at all. Feature: A good set of the basic features plus amp-modeling, tuner, and loop recorder. Really a lot in a relatively small package. Ease of Use: One of my favorites of this pedal. It is set up like a group of four stomp boxes. No elaborate programming to do. Just set the individual effects the way you wish and play. Similarly, the tuner feature, the amp-modeling, etc. are all very easy to use. Quality: Very nice! Metal case, very sturdy. I'm sure it will last me for many years. Value: Just to buy four stomp boxes would cost almost double what the ME-70 costs. You can't go wrong with it. Manufacturer Support: Not really sure, because I haven't had any problems, but in looking up info online, very good. The Wow Factor: Very easy to get started. High quality sound--all very nice.

"BOSS, you blew this by one small, HORRIBLE OVERSIGHT!! grat pedal otherwise." submitted March 6, 2009

Music Style: blues, 70's rock
Sound: Sounds great after you mess with it. At first I didn't like the overdrive/dist effects, sounded digital, but then I realized that you don't have to use the preamp section just for going line in to a recorder. The preamp section does not change your volume output to line out as long as you are playing in front of an amp. That's great and means you can still use the amp models and you are still at stomp box efects output level for the front of your amp. Now, I can set a model and they sound great and then use the oevrdrives as dirt and they sound great. There is a huge problem for me though, which will probably have me sending it back Read on. Feature: features? There only one problem and it's HUGE HUGE HUGE, and I am stunned Boss designed it tis way. You can save pathes, right? OK, you set a patch up, you have the normal patch set with no overdrive, you have the reverb set perfectly, and you figue well, I'll set my pedal overdrive a little hotter when it's on so that you can choose a patch, then go in to manual mode and all your patch settings will be ready to use and you can kick your overdrive, delay on, and your reverb will be set. NOPE!!! I was horrified to learn that when you kick in to manual mode, IT DOESN'T TAKE YOUR patch settings in to the manual mode so that you can kick on a boost pedal, or so your reverb and everything will stay the same as the patch so that you can avtually use the manual mode for using you overdrive or turning delay on to your orignal patch settings. When you go to manual mode after bringing up one of your presets, it automaytically switches to where the knobe ar in the front, so wherever the reverb dial is, that's what you get. INCREDIBLE oversight by Boss. They have effectively stopped me from using the patches I have setup because I can't go in to manual mode and use that patch and still kick on a bost pedal, or my reverb will be totally different. My God, Boss, Are you insane? All you had to do was make the edit patch button a foot swicth so that you could go in to edit mode so that you can still use the pedals for boost and such with you preset settings. You could have made a combination of pedals go to edit mode, you could have simply made it so that the patch settings are carried in to manual mode, because folks using manual mode could have made them a basic patch for their manual mode anyway. WOW, I am stunned how this set back effetcts my use of the pedal, just stunned. Now, I'll have to use it up on a table so that I can use my presets and then I can hit the small edit button so I can turn on a bost pedal, or use a chorus in the prest I had saved. No way can i turn that little edit buton on with my foot. You have separated the use of presets and manual mode completely by doing this. My only other option is to make presets for each change I might make to my original patch. So, I'll have to set a clean patch, then trun on an overdrive, save to the nest patch then turn on he chorus, without ddrive, save to the nextpatch, then turn on chorus and drive, save to next patch, then turn on delay and drive, save to next patch? get the pisture? See how insane that is? If you would have let me take my patch settings in to manual mode then I could set the basic patch clean and then bring it to my manual mode and turn my delay on, my boost on, my modulation on. Wow, what a terible thing to realize. This will probably cause me to send it back. I needed something with presets that I could still pull up then switch to manual mode for adding boost and such. Ease of Use: accept for the above, which means I'll probably send it back. Quality: Awesome quality. Value: Great value, but it has to do a totally basic thing like allowing you to save some presets and then still use manual mode wit that presets. Now i either have to set in on a table so I can hit the small edit button, or basicaly presets are a one trick pony when you have it on the floor. Would have been so easy to allow the user to have a way to take their preset in to the manual mode--edit button is a footswitch would have been perfect, press cobinatiuon of pedals to go to edit, make it automatically bring the patch in to manual mode, My god, I can't believe they did this. Manufacturer Support: Don't need it, though I am getting ready to call Boss to complain about the manual and preset mode FOREVER being separated. The Wow Factor: I wanted it, got it, loved it untill I went in to a bad dream cause you can't use presets with this thing on the floor and still kick a boost pedal on, kick a chorus on, kick a delay on, not with your presets you can't. Every time you go to manual it switches away from your preset to whatever the dials are, no using pedals from the patch mode, uless you want to bencd down each time yoy swith to a preset (every song) and hit the little edit button, then you can use the pedals like this while keeping our original preset settings. BOSS WHY????? Overall: See above fr the limitation that will probably make it usless for me.
58 of 106 people (54.72%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Boss Me-70 Guitar Effects Pedal" submitted March 12, 2012

By Daniel H in San Angelo, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Since the age of 7yrs old. I play guitar,bass,keys.
Music Style: Rock,Blues,Mexican-Tejano,Mariachi. Contemporary Christian.
Overall: I am very pleased to have bought the Boss Me-70! Have had lots of fun with it trying to set up my own personal sounds! Easy to use and have gotten lots of good compliments on sounds that have come out of it. Awesome pedal. I would highly recommend this pedal to anyone.

When you call, mention priority code 1434-DRPK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976