When you call, mention priority code 1578-T38Z

Rating and Reviews: Boss ME-50B Bass Effects

The Boss ME-50B offers plenty of tone shaping options. With Boss's famous COSM modeling technology, the ME-50B sounds fantastic.

"The Boss ME-50B" submitted March 23, 2005

Musical Background: Bassist
Music Style: Alternative, Jazz, Experemental, Metal
Sound: As soon as I plugged in the pedal, the first words out of my mouth were... "damn". This thing is nice! It gives you alot of tone, that was somthing that I wasn't expecting when I got it. The pedal is built nice. The volume/effects pedal itself has a nice feel to it, lots of control nice up and down movement. The tuner is great. Feature: Compressor/Limiter - Lots of control. These are nice but some of them you can't tell the differnce between them. Distortion/Synth - The Distortions are good, snyth's are kinda lame... but I don't play techno so who cares? Delay/Modulation - The Delay is kick ass I fun messing with that. Flange is good, Phaser is great, Chorus and Delay = My favorite effect. Filter/Tone - The Tone pedals defretter, wha, and enhancer are great also. Wha effects on the expresion pedal are nice, the octaves are not worthy to a digitech whammy pedal but close. Expresion Pedal - The Wah pedal is good, Resonance can give you some really wierd sounds, the Octaves on the expression pedal are great to mess with, soundhold is a good pratice tool, and the Kick drum effect is by far one of the coolest things to use to practice or rub in your drummers face. Quality: Built great. Value: This is worth every penny. I love this pedal! Manufacturer Support: Good support just go to there site and you find any information you need. The Wow Factor: Everyone that I have shown it too has had nothing but good things to say, after they caught there breath again. Overall: I'll be satisfied for a long time I do believe
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"BOSS ME-50B is sleek, solid, and sounds great!" submitted April 18, 2004

Overall
Sound: EQ, Compresser, Chorus/Delays, Octaver and Tube Drive emulation very good sounding. Less impressive are the synth sounds. Feature: Tuner and Volume/Expression pedal are handy. It would be nice if it didn't use a "wall wart", as the thin cord could be damaged onstage. Also would have been nice to include a transport case. This unit doesn't include the amp modeling features popular in many units on the market these days. That's fine with me, as I don't find amp/speaker modeling useful for my needs. Quality: Solid Boss construction we've come to expect. Manufacturer Support: Never had a problem with a Boss product, so who knows? The Wow Factor: I've been checking out Bass Multi-Effects units and Preamps with built-in effects for a few years now. Either they felt like cheap plastic, or the preamp sections sounded lousy, or the thing would be a nightmare of buried menus. The Boss ME-50B was impressive enough to take home on trial, then purchase later the same day. Overall: I'll be surprised if this unit isn't embraced by bassists in various styles of music. I don't think that amp modeling is a priority for most bassists, and by leaving out that feature, Boss has created a smaller, simpler multi-effects unit.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Gizmo" submitted December 3, 2005

Music Style: New Age Folk
Overall: It's a great gizmo for bass players of all abilities. easy to use and very versatile. I have been gigging with it for about a year now and I think it's worth every penny!

Boss ME-50B Bass Effects Customer Review submitted August 29, 2006

Overall
Sound: Got sounds that you would expect from a boss pedal. A lot of great sounds, and some that are not needed. Feature: Great features. Solid EQ, solid sound. Expression pedal is excellent!! Just doesnt come with a power adapter. Ease of Use: The knobs and controls are so easy. No need for a manual (but read it anyway). Quality: Tough boss construction. The expression pedal could have better feel though. Value: $300 is a lot, but well worth it. Manufacturer Support: Havent needed any. The Wow Factor: Super hot sounding and hot looking. Can you ask for more.

"Very cool" submitted November 3, 2012

Overall
Overall: I just got this a few days ago but, I've been playing with it non stop. This thing is great. I'm running it from the output into a Red Box classic on the 1x12 setting and, then to the board for late night headphone jamming and recording. It's awesome for this. Way better then amp sims. The filter section isn't of much use to me and the delay modulation I pretty much use just a small touch of chorus otherwise the rest is wasted on me. The volume/wah pedal mean nothing to me either I don't use them. The distortions are great, those I do use. They give you bass specific distortions without sucking the low end out of my tone. The eq and compressor sections are worth the price of admission alone. Smooth useable bass tones from this section. The compressor section is amazing. Bass compression with multiple flavors that all work as advertised. The noise suppressor dial on the back of the unit is also very worth mentioning although almost nobody does. It's very effective and quiets my little Mustang bass right up. I'm getting awesome tone straight to the board and into my DAW using the combo of this unit and the Red Box. I highly recommend this combo to anybody trying to work late at night without waking up the neighbors. I expect this unit to last a very long time as with all my Boss products. I'm still using a couple of Boss half rack effects from the 80's in my vocal rig. Still got Boss pedals from that era in the line up as well. Never actually owned a Boss product that quit working for anything other then user error. Like when my ex threw my chorus pedal in the lake.

"If you have thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours to screw around with mix and match gigantic pedalboards that look like a" submitted November 24, 2011

Musical Background: over 40 years, bass and guitar, semi-pro
Music Style: rock, blues, country
Sound: I haven't used many bass effects pedals, so can't say "the best", but of the ones I've used, and after messing with various guitar effcts with bass, I have to say I'm very satisfied. Feature: Again, haven't used them all, so can't say "best", but it's got more than I'll ever use. Compression is great, distortions are smooth and obviously tailored to bass. Chorus, delay, flange and phaser sound good. Wah lacks character (I'm not even sure what I mean by that), but for my rare use is adequate. Ease of Use: Very easy to set up. That's why I wanted knobs instead of menus. Plays well with others (I use it to record into a DAW. Beats the devil out of the available amp sims such as SVX and Guitar Rig). There's always a learning curve, but all ya gotta do is lean down and turn a knob, not memorize a freakin' computer interface! Quality: Have used Boss products forever. Built like a tank, never had a problem (I also have a ME70 that I've had for a while). Value: Yes, though it could've come with an ac adapter. Manufacturer Support: The best support is the one you never need. The Wow Factor: This is a "toy". I don't need it to make good music (been playing over 40 years). It adds "color" and is fun to play with, make freaky noises and such. I Like it! That said, I probably wouldn't have bought it if it was pink, yellow or green. The dark blue color is perfect. Overall: Can't imagine needing anything else for bass, but you never know. If it disappeared I'd replace it in a minute.

"DO IT!" submitted March 11, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Some dude.
Music Style: Stuff I can't explain.
Sound: I've owned a couple of fx boxes but this one is pretty sweet. Just the right amount of effects and a built in expression pedal. Good times. Feature: Expression pedal, built in 4 band eq w/ master level, lots of compression options, noise suppressor, easy interface, quick editing at your fingertips, and tons of effects. Yeah this thing is freakin sick. There is so much noise you can generate that it's silly. SILLY! Quality: Heavy. Metal. Blue. This thing is meant to be stepped on, remember? Value: You bet. If $300 is burning a hole in your wallet then get this thing. You'll be glad you did. Manufacturer Support: No problems at all - but if this thing is truly boss then I don't see one anytime soon. The Wow Factor: Oooooh yeah ... get some! Overall: If you have some dough laying around then do yourself a favor and get it. Trust me, you'll poop when you get your hands on it. I doubt I'm going to need to get anything to replace this.

"This pedal is cool." submitted September 27, 2005

By a customer from SBCGlobal.net
Musical Background: Garage Bands
Sound: This unit sounds amazing. I bought it mostly for its distortions, but using other effects in combonation with distortion can get you some very harsh tones, and some more usable ones. I think you could use this with any kind of music. I dont think I will ever need another pedal. Feature: The big feature on the ME-50B is dedicated knobs for each effects section. This makes things very easy to understand, especially if you are working with 2 or more effects. I am still a little sore that boss pedals just dont come with the AC adapter. Everybody buys one. Quality: This pedal is invincible. All the knobs are tough, and so is the expression pedal. Its perfect for on stage use. Value: For all the effects jammed into here, this is the best value you will find. The Wow Factor: Its got so much cool stuff that you just have to have it. I probably wont ever find any usable effects out of half the stuff... but i still love messing around with it. Overall: This products is amazing. If you buy it you will not be dissapointed. This is the perfect toneshaping device, and it dosent have all that amp/cab stuff that you wont use anyway to jack up the price tag.

"Totally Awesome!" submitted November 19, 2007

By a customer from telus.net
Musical Background: Active musician/band leader
Music Style: Mostly rock with some classic stuff thrown in.
Sound: Awesome distortions and phaser/flanger sounds. Love the expression pedal. I like the t-wah for funky stuff. Defretter is great! Feature: i really like the knob-based design of this unit. I can dial up any sound I want in a minute or two. The unit should come with a power supply instead of batteries. everyone is going to buy the wall-wart anyway. Ease of Use: Really easy to dial up any sound and write it to a bank. One read through the manual had me going quickly. Quality: The usual Boss quality. Made for stage use. Value: If you're looking for an easy to use multi effects unit, this one is it! You get great sounds by turning the knobs and you don't need to be a software wiz to use it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet, but I would expect nothing less from Boss. The Wow Factor: Put it this way: I went in looking for a bass POD XT LIVE, and left with this one. Overall: I don't expect to buy another multi-effects unit. Ever. This is it.

"Easy to use, nice sounds and loads of options." submitted March 12, 2005

Musical Background: Band member, and playing for 10 years now
Music Style: different kinds of Rock, Funk and a bit Pop
Sound: Too bad it's all digital but they did a good job concidering that. Only the synth part is really dodgy, you need to change all settings to get that sounding good. But it's usable wheter you play funk, jazz, rock or pop. I'm not too sure about metal, since it hasn't got any really dark things, but I don't play metal anyway so f^$& that. Feature: All made of metal so it's a tank, the usual boss quality. Very useful is the expression pedal, compression and the tuner is also very welcome. It hasn't got amp modeling, but the effects have been given better attention to. If you have a 2 option footswitch use it, instead of buying 2 FU-5's. My amp switch works on it. Quality: Tank built. No more to say. Value: A bit expensive, but when you've bought it, really worth it's price. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them ,but for what I've heard boss has a good customer service The Wow Factor: It looks really attractive, since it's only turning knobs, and little menu's to scroll through. When you've bought the footswitches it's even easier. The colour is dark blue, lighter than the guitar version. Looks good Overall: Just another great pedal by boss, especially when you don't want to buy all analog pedals. This covers most needs.

When you call, mention priority code 1578-T38Z. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976