When you call, mention priority code 20M-XV9N

Rating and Reviews: Boss Katana-100 Combo Amp

This 100-watt 1x12" combo takes you from the practice room to the gig. Dial in tons of tones with 5 unique amp "characters" and 55 built-in Boss effects.

"Amazing" submitted November 4, 2016

By Jack Moriarty in Mashpee, MA
Musical Background: Lifelong pro and studio guitarist
Music Style: Rock. Blues, Fusion
Overall: I'm really a tube snob but needed a small amp fro practices and after trying out Orange and Vox I read the reviews and decided on this one. Totally exceeds my expectations! For a solid state amp it's just unbelievable! put it on the Brown sound and crank the gain and it sounds just about as good as my Marshall. Budda and Blackstar! Just a monster. Plus great acoustic sound. A total winner!

"This thing is awesome!" submitted March 18, 2017

By Rob P in Fredericksburg, VA
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years playing.
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal, whatever else gets stuck in my head
Overall: I haven't done much if any reviews for anything ever. But this amp is definitely worthy of a few mins to hopefully help someone that may be thinking about this amp. I've had Line6 spiders, the Peavey Vyper when they first came out. Marshalls, the 5150 etc. all are freaking awesome but for a family guy that doesn't even play out, they're overkill. Hell, I recently sold off my newer Vyper2 after this little beast arrived at my door. The Katana sounds fantastic. Period. No matter what type of tone you're looking for, it's in this amp. You know that you like at least like some of the Boss pedals. Don't lie! Though I don't use many effects myself, there's enough to come up with any sounds you might want. At the same time, you don't need a degree in engineering to access everything. Plus, I don't need a thousand presets. Four should be enough for us mere mortals. The ability to make and save some to pull in with the software is plenty for me. It's also super easy to doThe software is straight forward. Yes, there's 55 pedals you can download and play with, and they're all easy enough to dial in. There is a setting in the interface that will put your effects in before or after the power section. And yes, you can absolutely hear the difference. Honestly, i did do a little reading on some of these pedals to help me really understand what they're really meant for and HOW to use them for myself. Effects loop is great to have. The aux in is what it is so don't expect too much when playing along with your device of choice. The output sounds good enough for basic use. A serious home studio type of person isn't looking to buy this product. That's fine. But this amp can get the job done. The 12" speaker seems good. Your neighbors could potentially hate you when you turn this thing up. Which brings me to the power selector. Basically, you can have that cranked up to freaking 11 sound at extremely low volumes. That's something that IMHO has been a feature that other amps in this category just suck at. Mine stays on the .5 watt setting most of the time. It's still loud enough to drown out most people's little sound bars and what not. My wife and kids can back me up that, lol. 50 watts will do with a drummer and bass player. 100 watts is the way to be, just as long as your other guitar player isn't bringing a half stack to the party, lol. This model has only one speaker so, duh... it will only get but so loud. Certainly the 2x12 is louder. It's not rocket science. It would have been nice to include a footswitch. Though for $99, it's cheap enough to buy later. It's interesting to me that you can add two expression pedals to that footswitch too. Though most of us are going to use our wah of choice here anyway. Am I right? Yes, i am. lol. I suppose I'd be open to getting one to use as a volume pedal. But that's why i put a treble bleed circuit in my Les Paul too. I only put a little electro harmonics boost and vox wah in front. I've tried a cpl if delays and chorus thru the loop. They sound great as expected but the delays built in are enough for my use. I'm not a modulation effect guy myself. At the end of the day, this amp should really please anyone. No matter their chosen genre of music. Best practice amp with built in effects available today. It takes pedals great. If you have a multi effect unit, go with the four cable connection. The damn Katana is the hot lick. Check it out!

"I was quick to judge" submitted January 30, 2017

By Mikhail Manulis in Brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: 25 years playing guitar
Music Style: many styles
Overall: I was very frustrated in the begining, i couldn't get the amp to work with my Mac OS X, i needed to update the firmware before using it with tone studio, firmware update instructions were very confusing to say the least, after the update and tweaking on the screen for hours i got the amp to sound like anything i want, from easily best SRV sound i ever heard to Gary Moore Santana and even Metal stuff, also on high gain the amp is still becoming kinda fizzy, with headphones however the sound is less natural and a bit digital, but through the speaker the amp sounds very good, keep in mind you will need a lot of patience with this amp, it sounds pretty bad right out of the box, but once you get it hooked up to the tone studio, you can make it sound great.

"Digital fart box." submitted January 29, 2017

By Mikhail M in Brooklyn, NY
Musical Background: 25 years playing guitar
Music Style: Instrumental rock
Overall: I Don't understand glowing reviews, must be Stockholm syndrome, yes it is inexpensive and gives you a lot on paper, but it sounds terrible, clean channel is good, everything else is just thin and brittle, every guitar sounds the same through this thing, every channel from crunch to brown is exactly the same but with added digital distortion the dynamics don't change at all, reverb is the worst i have heard since i started playing the guitar 25 years ago when i had digital zoom multi effects, brown channel however must be the worst one on this thing lol EVH would be laughing hard, i also run latest version of Sierra on my mac, and after downloading the driver and boss studio i have connected the amp only to be greeted by message that i must install updated software lol, well there isn't any i just installed it from roland's website, the amps is a joke and someone had to trash it, well let it be me. PS i also own Yamaha THR10x purchased from here as well, and it sounds magnificent with headphones or without, reverbs are insane and connectevity is a breeze, so there is digital technology that sounds as good as valves but in this amp, don't beleive paid you tubers and play one before you order it, i guarantee it will make your ears bleed.

When you call, mention priority code 20M-XV9N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976