When you call, mention priority code 1611-61CH

Rating and Reviews: Boss GT-10B Bass Effects

Play through 200 preset FX and COSM amp models, or customize your own with Boss' intuitive EZ Tone Wizard. You can even layer loops with the phrase sampler!

Overall

"Wow ! Just wow !" submitted March 25, 2012

By John S in The Land o banjo, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing bass off and on since I was 18 or so. I'm 48 now.
Music Style: Wow, everything. Funk, Jazz, R and B, classic rock, rock, alternative, etc. If the style makes people shake their butts, then co
Sound: Many usable patches right out of the box. Some of the patches are just a tad FX heavy. Can adjust them on the fly, or better yet, start with a patch, adjust to your taste/needs, and save ! While there has been some negative commentary on the Synth portion of the board being somewhat limited, I did not find it to be offensive or lacking as some claim. If you need a synth patch for a few songs in a band, this will more than meet your needs. If you're in a techno, electronica, Rave band, or, looking for insane Dub wobbles, you need to go with SoundBlox or a dedicated synth system manufacturer. Feature: I have only scratched the surface of this unit's capabilities. Thus far I haven't found myself wanting for anything. Parts an materials are top notch. If I had one bone to pick, it's that the main effect lights (versus the screen) are insanely bright. So much so that they can make it diffcult to read the screen under normal household light. On a stage, you'll experience retna burn ! I fixed this simply by cutting small pieces of electrician's tape and covering approximately 70% of the LEDs. Took me less than 5 minutes. Now I can clearly see which effects are on without being blinded. Ease of Use: Many out of the box click and go patches are usable. Again, I have barely scratched the surface of the programming aspects of this unit. You can adjust pre programmed patches on the fly. While the programming functionaility of the GT-10B is initially a bit intimidating, it is intuitive once you read the instructions. I am amazed that patches can be reconfigured in to groups that make sense to the owner i.e. gigging, recording, practicing or group them by amp models, chorus effects, synth stuff etc. Quality: This thing is a beast in terms of build quality. It looks and feels sturdy enough to run it over with my truck. I can't imagine it ever breaking short of dropping it off of a third story balcony. Value: Value is always subjective so I can't make a blanket statement that this unit is a steal for everyone. In my case, I wanted a high quality unit with usable patches and the ability to extensively customize and store patches. The only other multi FX unit that I felt met my needs is the Roland VR 99 at 1600.00 or three times the cost. From this perspective, the GT-10B represents one heck of a value for my needs. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed to use Support. The Wow Factor: The wow factor for me has been some of the modeling patches. Depending on the sound I am trying to dial in, they seem to add that certain something. I played for years with out any effects other than compression. And yes, managed to get great tone out of my gear.With the GT-10B, I find that noodling with it helps tremendously with my creatively. It tends to steer me toward music realms outside of my comfort zone. Overall: The GT-10B easily exceeded my expectations.
38 of 42 people (90.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 1611-61CH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976